Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Canada Leafs

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2013, 03:08 PM   #676
BlkSlvrdo129
 
Drives: 2008 Silverado
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 98
I saw a black one going west on Laurier just now, looked like an SS.
BlkSlvrdo129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:14 PM   #677
Cynthius
 
Cynthius's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 2LT/RS (M6) & '85 Toyota MR2
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Val-Des-Monts, Qc
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagliaro View Post
Oh The Camaro's are out.

SIM Camaro Northbound on Tenthline approx. 11:30 am

IOM SS Camaro w/ Stripes on Northbound on Tenthline approx. 11:30 am am

IBM 'Vert w/ White stripes top up Startop road turning onto Innes Eastbound approx. 12:00 noon.
We're those all today Pal? I was out on 10th on the weekend around that time!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
__________________
Cynthius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:21 PM   #678
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )
 
Pagliaro's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS '05 Ford Escape XLT
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 734
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthius View Post
We're those all today Pal? I was out on 10th on the weekend around that time!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
All were today yes.

There are also two Black Camaro's I usually see around 10th line. One of which has a personal plate with some form of WINNING.

Life sure has become like Grand Theft Auto, Once I get in a vehicle they all seem to spawn the same class around me ha ha.

However I wasn't in mine but mine was parked just up the street at work.
I was driving the work truck (Silverado) when spotting them.

I used to be a Dodge Man (Ram,and Viper) however it really seems like Chevy is running deep with me as I love driving my Camaro and Works Silverado.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:59 PM   #679
Max536
 
Max536's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 #695
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ottawa,Ontario,Canada. "EH"
Posts: 297
Did anyone see a red ZL1 on a towtruck near Myers on baseline today? If so, that's mine
Max536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:04 AM   #680
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )
 
Pagliaro's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS '05 Ford Escape XLT
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 734
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max536 View Post
Did anyone see a red ZL1 on a towtruck near Myers on baseline today? If so, that's mine
Why was it on a tow truck? What happened?
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:56 AM   #681
gramps_green_rs
ex-RCAF
 
gramps_green_rs's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 SGM1LTRS SV1000S
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Hammond, ont, canada
Posts: 1,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max536 View Post
Did anyone see a red ZL1 on a towtruck near Myers on baseline today? If so, that's mine
no. wasnt out that way yesterday. Hope they get you back on the road soon. Hate to see a camaro being towed.

gramps
__________________
gramps_green_rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:48 AM   #682
102SS
waiting at the tree
 
102SS's Avatar
 
Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Niagara Falls
Posts: 752
Saw a Yellow W/Black stripes RS on Montrose Rd Niagara Falls heading south.

It was a women driving,I gave a 4 finger lift off the wheel wave
__________________
2010 2SS/RS A6 DD K/N CAI
60ft 2.03 13.08 at 107.82 (4/28)
1999 TA NBM A4
12.2 at 110
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:02 PM   #683
Max536
 
Max536's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 #695
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ottawa,Ontario,Canada. "EH"
Posts: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagliaro View Post
Why was it on a tow truck? What happened?
A line to the differential cooler was leaking. The car would turn on but wouldn't move when put in drive or reverse. Hopefully I'll be getting it back by the end of the week.
Max536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:06 PM   #684
BlkSlvrdo129
 
Drives: 2008 Silverado
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max536 View Post
A line to the differential cooler was leaking. The car would turn on but wouldn't move when put in drive or reverse. Hopefully I'll be getting it back by the end of the week.
Out of curiosity, are you in the alta vista area?
BlkSlvrdo129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:56 PM   #685
Max536
 
Max536's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 #695
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ottawa,Ontario,Canada. "EH"
Posts: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkSlvrdo129 View Post
Out of curiosity, are you in the alta vista area?
Yep
Max536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:25 PM   #686
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )
 
Pagliaro's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS '05 Ford Escape XLT
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 734
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
I'm not too far from Alta Vista. I live off Pleasant Park but basically then end of it.

2 Camaro's right near me.

A white SS convertible with license Plate PETERW but doesn't look like that is out of storage yet and a Red LS I believe 4 or 5 doors down.

I'm going to have to contact Myers myself to inquire if they can do the radio update if I do add steering wheel controls because Tubman's hasn't gotten back to me on that.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:23 AM   #687
BlkSlvrdo129
 
Drives: 2008 Silverado
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max536 View Post
Yep
That's cool, so am I. I spotted yours one day on a jog around the neighborhood. I assume you have the only VR ZL1 in town? I've seen a VR Z two other times but it could have been yours all along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagliaro View Post
I'm not too far from Alta Vista. I live off Pleasant Park but basically then end of it.
I remember seeing a SG at Tubmans around the time you got yours but you didn't get that one, right?
BlkSlvrdo129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:44 AM   #688
Max536
 
Max536's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 #695
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ottawa,Ontario,Canada. "EH"
Posts: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkSlvrdo129 View Post
That's cool, so am I. I spotted yours one day on a jog around the neighborhood. I assume you have the only VR ZL1 in town? I've seen a VR Z two other times but it could have been yours all along.

Nice, and yeah that was me. There are 3 ZL1's in Ottawa, two 2013 verts, and my 2012 coupe
Max536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:12 AM   #689
BlkSlvrdo129
 
Drives: 2008 Silverado
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max536 View Post
Nice, and yeah that was me. There are 3 ZL1's in Ottawa, two 2013 verts, and my 2012 coupe
Figured there weren't too many as yours is the only one I've seen on the road. I remember looking at yours a long time at Rideau Carleton one night, haha. I'll introduce myself next time I see it.

I also saw an AGM ZL1 coupe at Tubmans with a sold sign on it two weeks ago, not sure where it was headed though.
BlkSlvrdo129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:23 PM   #690
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )
 
Pagliaro's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS '05 Ford Escape XLT
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 734
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
I never got Tubmans down to where I wanted in price I was about to sign papers with them but had buyers remorse. Turns out my not-remorse was higher when I found out it was sold. Luckly I was working with a dealer out of Niagara Falls who pulled through. Though I took a hit on some area.

I lost out on PDIM, steeringwheel controls, Bluetooth, HUD (all of which I plan to add) and 20,000 less km. <- That was the biggest hit.

2lt (Tubmans) vs 1lt (Mine)

However I prefer my cloth interior over the 2lts leather even the cloth door panels slvs silver panels. ( I still want to swap them for the 2010's green interior) I'm also more comfortable with my payment and the fact I have a sun/moon roof.

In the end I'm just glad to be in a SGM Camaro I've been want to get one for 3 years now.

How do you like the Silverado?
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:20 PM   #691
BlkSlvrdo129
 
Drives: 2008 Silverado
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 98
I've bought my last two trucks from tubmans and always had good luck with them but there's no harm in paying less and adding the options you wanted later, at your own pace and budget.

I like the truck, it's comfortable and capable year round and I've done some engine work to make it fun on the street, but I want a new project now and been looking for a camaro.
BlkSlvrdo129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:43 PM   #692
gramps_green_rs
ex-RCAF
 
gramps_green_rs's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 SGM1LTRS SV1000S
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Hammond, ont, canada
Posts: 1,054
saw a black with red strips about 1/2 hour ago in Orleans. West bound on Innes road.
__________________
gramps_green_rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:38 PM   #693
102SS
waiting at the tree
 
102SS's Avatar
 
Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Niagara Falls
Posts: 752
Black 2LT with aftermarket chrome rims on Mcleod Rd near the QEW.
__________________
2010 2SS/RS A6 DD K/N CAI
60ft 2.03 13.08 at 107.82 (4/28)
1999 TA NBM A4
12.2 at 110
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:40 PM   #694
102SS
waiting at the tree
 
102SS's Avatar
 
Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Niagara Falls
Posts: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagliaro View Post
I never got Tubmans down to where I wanted in price I was about to sign papers with them but had buyers remorse. Turns out my not-remorse was higher when I found out it was sold. Luckly I was working with a dealer out of Niagara Falls who pulled through. Though I took a hit on some area.

I lost out on PDIM, steeringwheel controls, Bluetooth, HUD (all of which I plan to add) and 20,000 less km. <- That was the biggest hit.

2lt (Tubmans) vs 1lt (Mine)

However I prefer my cloth interior over the 2lts leather even the cloth door panels slvs silver panels. ( I still want to swap them for the 2010's green interior) I'm also more comfortable with my payment and the fact I have a sun/moon roof.

In the end I'm just glad to be in a SGM Camaro I've been want to get one for 3 years now.

How do you like the Silverado?
Did you get it from Ray at the Camaro Shop in NF?
__________________
2010 2SS/RS A6 DD K/N CAI
60ft 2.03 13.08 at 107.82 (4/28)
1999 TA NBM A4
12.2 at 110
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:16 AM   #695
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )
 
Pagliaro's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS '05 Ford Escape XLT
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 734
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 102SS View Post
Did you get it from Ray at the Camaro Shop in NF?
I did.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:37 PM   #696
102SS
waiting at the tree
 
102SS's Avatar
 
Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Niagara Falls
Posts: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagliaro View Post
I did.
He's a good guy with great deals
__________________
2010 2SS/RS A6 DD K/N CAI
60ft 2.03 13.08 at 107.82 (4/28)
1999 TA NBM A4
12.2 at 110
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:47 PM   #697
gramps_green_rs
ex-RCAF
 
gramps_green_rs's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 SGM1LTRS SV1000S
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Hammond, ont, canada
Posts: 1,054
saw 3 in Kanata this morning

black SS on March road

IOM - in a parking lot, not sure of model

IBM - LT march road near the Dollarama

gramps
__________________
gramps_green_rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:20 PM   #698
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )
 
Pagliaro's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS '05 Ford Escape XLT
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 734
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 102SS View Post
He's a good guy with great deals

Is it you? In either case:

When I seen his prices on Autotrader I was amazed. He just didn't have any SGM's and I was only in the market for them. He replied to a wanted ad I posted on Kijiji and worked closely with me ever since. I actually knew all about the one Tubmans had as its one Ray missed at auction. He was even patient with me when Tubmans came up, I missed out on that and jumped right back into dealing with me. He actually held the car for me turning down other buyers. Even sat on the car for a week for me to decide IE buyers remorse. I would definitely recommend. I'll be writing a positive review for when he gets his site up. Also his finance contact deserved just as much credit she was wonderful in getting me approved.

My only regret is that I sat on it for so long.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:03 PM   #699
102SS
waiting at the tree
 
102SS's Avatar
 
Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Niagara Falls
Posts: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagliaro View Post
Is it you? In either case:

When I seen his prices on Autotrader I was amazed. He just didn't have any SGM's and I was only in the market for them. He replied to a wanted ad I posted on Kijiji and worked closely with me ever since. I actually knew all about the one Tubmans had as its one Ray missed at auction. He was even patient with me when Tubmans came up, I missed out on that and jumped right back into dealing with me. He actually held the car for me turning down other buyers. Even sat on the car for a week for me to decide IE buyers remorse. I would definitely recommend. I'll be writing a positive review for when he gets his site up. Also his finance contact deserved just as much credit she was wonderful in getting me approved.

My only regret is that I sat on it for so long.
Its not me my name is Tom.

He is a friend though, I have bought a couple of cars from him including my SIM 2010 2SS/RS and my 2001 V6 W68/Y87 Firebird which was my DD for the last 5 years
__________________
2010 2SS/RS A6 DD K/N CAI
60ft 2.03 13.08 at 107.82 (4/28)
1999 TA NBM A4
12.2 at 110
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:14 PM   #700
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )
 
Pagliaro's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS '05 Ford Escape XLT
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 734
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Thanks Tom.

To be honest everything I have done with Ray has been 100% done through email. I only talked with Sarah. I didn't get a chance to meet either as I did the whole purchase via long distance. ( Still same province ). So major purchase all done practically online, some phone calls and a FedEx'd package.

No test drive for me. Blind purchase but I really felt comfortable proceeding with Ray just through our communication.

Had the car 2 weeks now and love it. I'll need new shoes for her but she still has some thread left on her.

Definitely will stop in and greet them if I'm ever vacationing the falls. ( chances are likely as I've been 3 times before)
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Camaro Exterior and Interior Stainless Steel Trim Parts from RPI Designs! RPI Designs Exterior Parts & Accessories 31 07-10-2014 06:42 AM
H-Town 5th Gen Camaro Club of Houston will meet on Saturday August 22nd 68blk/yel396 USA - Texas 21 04-29-2011 06:49 AM
5th Gen Camaro Key onequickshift 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 28 09-16-2010 04:09 PM
Won against a 5th gen? Iroczlover 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 5 06-28-2009 10:05 PM
5th Gen Camaro curb weight updates. Sticky thread? TT C6 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 130 10-16-2008 02:03 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.