Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 08-30-2009, 09:24 PM   #1
alfie43

Drives: S/C 2SS/RS Camaro-6M-VicRed
Send a message via ICQ to alfie43
Prices in Michigan

As I do my research to place an order for my 2SS Camaro, I lurk around this forum at night and shop at the local Chevy dealers by day. I am shocked by the reports of over MSRP prices in other parts of the country.

There are about 15-16 dealerships within an hours drive of my home in the N/E suburbs of Metro-Detroit. While shopping around, I got a good feel for the pricing in this area. I can tell you that, of the 8-10 dealers that I visited or talked to on the phone, not one was asking over MSRP. In fact, some are offering discounts of 2%-2.5% below MSRP and these are not employee prices.

Certainly, our economy in Michigan is down right now, but the Camaro is still selling very well. There are very few standing on the lots, but they don't sit for long, especially the SS models. As for the price discrepancy with the rest of the country, I don't know why there is such a difference.

Perhaps, its because almost everyone in this town has a family member that works for one of the "big 3" and they get the Employee discount and that may tend to keep the pricing competitive. I am fortunate that I have 3 brothers; one works for Ford, one with GM and one with Chrysler. Therefore, of the 18-20 new cars that I have bought over the years (yes, I am that old), I get the employee price. I have never paid over MSRP, or close to it.

Maybe some of you guys should come to Michigan to buy your car. Certainly, we could use the boost to our economy. I'm buyin'...the beer that is.

Alfie

Last edited by alfie43; 09-03-2009 at 11:31 PM.
alfie43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:41 PM   #2
HeavyD

Drives: 1SSRS RY L99
Yah, it is just like anything else in life, furniture, appliances, electronics, clothes. I never pay full price, I like to wait for some kind of sale.
HeavyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:56 PM   #3
gtwss
Time To Hammer Down

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 02 Monte Carlo SS
I got mine for GMS Really didn't even have to ask

2SS, CGM, M6, Polished Wheels
6000 8/13/09
gtwss is offline   Reply With Quote