Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-03-2015, 03:49 PM   #1
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
What Would You Do In My Situation......?

I was referred to a well known shop on here and by other camaro members to do a turbonetics install.

I been patient enough and told countless excuses. Communication is terrible by this place. The shop is pointing a finger at the kit itself and turbonetics says its the install.

I'm 99% its the shop because just been excuse after excuse. I was told 3 days turned into a full 7 days when turbonetics said it takes 2 days max to install.

When i got the car back one of my custom fenders was bent, scratched up freshly powdercoated down pipe, amongst other things. Never even got a print out for my dyno.

I paid the shop in cash which the owner advised would be better and never got a receipt and its been even more excuses like "I dont know how to run quickbooks my wife does and is out of town" or " you will have to pay taxes on it." He told me he would have it to me Mon of last week when his wife got back into town and a week later still havent received it.

I was suppose to have my oil catch can installed its a mighty mouse catch can and was told it wouldnt fit he needed to fabricate a bracket for it. Scheduled me for a date to come in took off work arrived he was out of town and his worker had no idea I was even coming. 2 days later I finally get ahold of him and bring the car in. 2 days later I show up no oil catch can installed. Said the bracket turned out not to his satisfaction with the paint, so I asked to see it and said "oh I sent it back." Which to me he never did it.

Now with the kit running like crap I have to take it 300 miles down south to LA and let another guy who is familiar with this kit do his thing and see whats wrong. I feel totally shafted. Even more money out of my pocket.

Reason why I am leaving the shop nameless for now is I am waiting to see from the other shop if its an install error or the actual kit.

What would u do?
GetYouOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 04:00 PM   #2
Jeff_SS
Cam only

Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS/RS M6
I'm sure I could guess the shop.

What would I do?
I'd take it to Cunningham Motorsports. Best LS shop in California.
2013 AGM 2SS/RS M6. Hurst, NPP | CMS Custom Grind Cam, Kooks 1 7/8" LT Headers & High-Flow Cats, 3.91's, CAI Intake | Pfadt 1.25" springs | MT DR's | Tuned by Ryne @ CMS 483rwhp 433rwtq (mustang dyno)
Jeff_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 04:02 PM   #3
GetYouOne

If Ryne would ever call me back lol. It's not just the tune which the shop assured me it's not lol the kit rubs like crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_SS View Post
I'm sure I could guess the shop.

What would I do?
I'd take it to Cunningham Motorsports. Best LS shop in California.
Old 08-03-2015, 04:09 PM   #4
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
You are a patient man.....i would have gone postal by now with all that you have gone through so far! Hope everything works out Bro!
Old 08-03-2015, 04:10 PM   #5
Jeff_SS
Cam only

Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS/RS M6
Well he's moving shops right now.
Gonna take a week or so.
Personally I'd just email mike and get on the schedule and be patient till then. It'll be worth the wait.
2013 AGM 2SS/RS M6. Hurst, NPP | CMS Custom Grind Cam, Kooks 1 7/8" LT Headers & High-Flow Cats, 3.91's, CAI Intake | Pfadt 1.25" springs | MT DR's | Tuned by Ryne @ CMS 483rwhp 433rwtq (mustang dyno)
Jeff_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 04:12 PM   #6
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
I would learn the lesson to never pay in cash (I earn points on my credit card, so it's like getting instant money) and I'd ALWAYS get a receipt. The receipts are important to maintain history on the car, as well as for legal issues (such as you have potentially now).

Was this an actual shop, or some guy working out of a space somewhere?
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 04:28 PM   #7
z3R0fo01

Drives: 2014 1SS RS 1LE tvs2300
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYouOne View Post
I was referred to a well known shop on here and by other camaro members to do a turbonetics install.

I been patient enough and told countless excuses. Communication is terrible by this place. The shop is pointing a finger at the kit itself and turbonetics says its the install.

I'm 99% its the shop because just been excuse after excuse. I was told 3 days turned into a full 7 days when turbonetics said it takes 2 days max to install.

When i got the car back one of my custom fenders was bent, scratched up freshly powdercoated down pipe, amongst other things. Never even got a print out for my dyno.

I paid the shop in cash which the owner advised would be better and never got a receipt and its been even more excuses like "I dont know how to run quickbooks my wife does and is out of town" or " you will have to pay taxes on it." He told me he would have it to me Mon of last week when his wife got back into town and a week later still havent received it.

I was suppose to have my oil catch can installed its a mighty mouse catch can and was told it wouldnt fit he needed to fabricate a bracket for it. Scheduled me for a date to come in took off work arrived he was out of town and his worker had no idea I was even coming. 2 days later I finally get ahold of him and bring the car in. 2 days later I show up no oil catch can installed. Said the bracket turned out not to his satisfaction with the paint, so I asked to see it and said "oh I sent it back." Which to me he never did it.

Now with the kit running like crap I have to take it 300 miles down south to LA and let another guy who is familiar with this kit do his thing and see whats wrong. I feel totally shafted. Even more money out of my pocket.

Reason why I am leaving the shop nameless for now is I am waiting to see from the other shop if its an install error or the actual kit.

What would u do?
They bent your fender and scratched your downpipe. The guy blames his wife for not being able to come up with a receipt. Who are these people?

If I were you I would get my car and other property back asap and never contact that shop again. I have learned the hard way that it is best to just cut ties with these type of people. Then I would post the name of the shop so others do not get screwed over.
Old 08-03-2015, 04:33 PM   #8
GetYouOne

The guy is known here on the board and it's a legit shop. I did my due dilligence by meeting with the guy and checking his shop out. I was also referred to him by members here. Ur right I tossed around the idea of using my CC but I trusted this shop. He does good work but for some reason my car didn't exceed my expectations. With that said he has looked at the car a few times but still has issues. He fixed my fender finally but the paint chipped from the corner. The car will be going to Ray at Full Throttle Kustomz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickwithaustin View Post
I would learn the lesson to never pay in cash (I earn points on my credit card, so it's like getting instant money) and I'd ALWAYS get a receipt. The receipts are important to maintain history on the car, as well as for legal issues (such as you have potentially now).

Was this an actual shop, or some guy working out of a space somewhere?
Old 08-03-2015, 04:39 PM   #9
GetYouOne

Trust me I cut ties after this and I hate to air out my issues over this but I don't even have a damn receipt for the work I paid. Trust me I will be looking into legal resolution if it's an install error and the shop doesn't pay for the work.
Old 08-03-2015, 05:20 PM   #10
LSXBumblebee
LSX Bumblebee

Drives: 2014 LSX Camaro
I hope everything gets worked out. Was there something wrong with your tune?
LSXBumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 05:41 PM   #11
GetYouOne

I can't say until Ray looks at it. To me and a few others it doesn't run right and the numbers are laughable. I was told I don't need a catch can if I'm under 600rwhp and the lifters in my L99 would fail over 500rwhp. I had a ZL1 fuel pump, ADM FPCM and 850 injectors installed with a stage 2 I'm under 500rwhp

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSXBumblebee View Post
I hope everything gets worked out. Was there something wrong with your tune?
Old 08-03-2015, 05:47 PM   #12
LSXBumblebee
LSX Bumblebee

How much boost?
Old 08-03-2015, 05:50 PM   #13
GetYouOne

Quote:
How much boost?
Old 08-03-2015, 05:52 PM   #14
LSXBumblebee
LSX Bumblebee

Yep, you should be around 530 or so, IMO, maybe even more to the wheels. Any exhaust changes? Did he say how much octane you had left? Do you have a cam?
Old 08-03-2015, 05:55 PM   #15
GetYouOne

Dude I never even got a printout lol I should be around 530 on a mustang dyno. Nope just high flow cats. It was really hot that day but not under 500 with those supporting mods. I'm not a # whore by any means doesn't seem right

Quote:
Yep, you should be around 530 or so, IMO, maybe even more to the wheels. Any exhaust changes? Did he say how much octane you had left? Do you have a cam?
Old 08-03-2015, 05:56 PM   #16
LSXBumblebee
LSX Bumblebee

I'd ask for a dyno print too. I sent you a PM by the way.
Old 08-03-2015, 05:57 PM   #17
GetYouOne

I'm not gonna reveal the name until I have a 2nd opinion and if it's an install the error the said shop doesn't work it out with me
Old 08-03-2015, 06:04 PM   #18
fif_gen_powa

Drives: 2013 SS Blue Ray Metallic
That kit is simple, I'd be embarrassed if it took more than a day for me to install working at home out in the driveway. That shop should not be in business if what was said is true...
Old 08-03-2015, 06:11 PM   #19
10aSSee D

Drives: Silver 2010 SS Camaro
I know that must be a pain for you, for sure take it somewhere else and let us know the shop later on so others won't go through the same thing.

ADM built 417, 2.9L Whipple with 3.250 pulley, ADM ported and polished LSA heads,ADM stage3 cam,ADM LSA belt drive system,ADM CAI race scoop, ADM dual fuel pumps, ID 850's, BMR full suspension, Gforce 9 inch kit with 3.5 inch driveshaft, Street Slayer twin carbon clutch, Lingenfelter oil seperator. Tuned by built by ADM Performance, 763rwhp,705rwtq
10aSSee D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 06:17 PM   #20
GetYouOne

Well when I walk in and see a towel over the piping and their hitting it with a mallet to fit it I asked "why are u doing that it just bolts right up" and was told all cars are different lol. When said by Turbonetics takes 2 days doing it on jack stands in ur drive way he said absolutely not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fif_gen_powa View Post
That kit is simple, I'd be embarrassed if it took more than a day for me to install working at home out in the driveway. That shop should not be in business if what was said is true...
Old 08-03-2015, 06:17 PM   #21
LSXBumblebee
LSX Bumblebee

I wonder if they really only spent 1-2 days on the car, but were working on other cars at the same time. Sometimes I wish shops got with technology and typed a journal log per car so you can track progress on builds. You could also use it for billing.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:19 PM   #22
GetYouOne

The kit has been on the car for a month week into it starts rubbing and misfiring. A/C on it sounds even worse. He swears the A/C was never touched. My car ran perfect before this kit it's a shame 9k into this I have nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10aSSee D View Post
I know that must be a pain for you, for sure take it somewhere else and let us know the shop later on so others won't go through the same thing.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:22 PM   #23
GetYouOne

Who knows at this point and who knows if the parts I paid are even there I would hope so again this shop has a rep, but family and friends have their doubts. I won't know until I have another shop look at it. If it's the kit I know Turbonetics will take care of it.

Quote:
I wonder if they really only spent 1-2 days on the car, but were working on other cars at the same time. Sometimes I wish shops got with technology and typed a journal log per car so you can track progress on builds. You could also use it for billing.
Old 08-07-2015, 10:51 PM   #24
LSXBumblebee
LSX Bumblebee

Any update?
Old 08-07-2015, 11:09 PM   #25
GetYouOne

No the car doesn't go down until the week of the 17th. Still no receipt and still hasn't gotten back to me.