Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SDPC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 09-15-2009, 09:48 PM   #171
Windy City

Drives: Not enough room here!
Info for the closet speed junkie!!!

Ok so here is the info directly from the horse's mouth! (sorry Kevin) The upgrades Lingy is doing for me beyond the 650 HP Forged goodie package:
1. Lingenfelter chrome coil covers (bling) $595.00
2. ADM boost guage $399.00 (we'll just call it $400!)
3. Upgraded stronger rear 1/2 shafts (axles) $1,935.00
4. New pig (rear gear) $1,350.00
5. "Transformed" RPM transmission $1,695.00
6. BMR Trailing arms $139.95 (+tax & shipping)
The trailing arms are on there way to me (Thanks BMR) and I will deliver them to Lingy on my field trip, Friday.
Anyone interested can visit Lingenfelter's site for the exact goodie's going into the 650 motor here: http://www.lingenfelter.com/engine-p...harger-package
I would suggest it to feed the need!
Sounds like it's gunna be time to skin some ponies!
Old 09-15-2009, 09:49 PM   #172
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe View Post
Speed, What is the break in cycle for a LPE prepped car?

did LPE give you any specific's for break in with your paperwork?

I don't have a problem with varying the rpm's. I hope we can go over 4K rpm's.. that is where the power will be! Going to have to go on a long ride by the beach to get some easy miles on it first.. before turning it loose on the track.

Damn.. I want some new beefy halfshafts so I can go drag racing. Too bad I already blew all of this year's car budget.
I asked them about break-in but it was pretty much broke in already. They will give you a folder with recommended maintenance and what oil to use and things like that. Mine had about 300 miles on it when I picked it up from LPE. From the moment I picked it up, I drove it like I planned on. It was an 800 mile drive home also and I can tell you I definately went all the way to redline. I had it at the drag strip with about 1500 miles on it and ran it about 10 times hard. It feels pretty solid to me but I am going to definately upgrade the clutch and half shafts over the winter just in case.
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:50 PM   #173
Windy City

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS-SS2 View Post
Congrats Windy, she's coming together nicely. I think she will be done by Friday when you get there and you will have to leave the HD there for an upgrade and take her home LOL... I'm happy for you your almost there brother.

I will post some of my update pics when I get a chance.
I would LOVE to put a huffer on my ROAD GLIDE!
Old 09-15-2009, 09:56 PM   #174
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Hi Windy, Great PIC's! I spoke with TIM at LPE today.. they are starting on my car sometime next week!

Hope that means yours and RS-ss2, and MWE444 get done first! Oh yeah - Bonechrshr's as well.. you guys are all close to completion!

Tim said it was fine for you to take pic's of my car on Friday.. you still gonna go to LPE and look around?
I would think they will have a bunch of stuff back together on your ride by then. Would be really cool if you get to hear one of the 650's while you are there... especially yours!
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:06 PM   #175
600hp-lpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed74SS View Post
I asked them about break-in but it was pretty much broke in already. They will give you a folder with recommended maintenance and what oil to use and things like that. Mine had about 300 miles on it when I picked it up from LPE. From the moment I picked it up, I drove it like I planned on. It was an 800 mile drive home also and I can tell you I definately went all the way to redline. I had it at the drag strip with about 1500 miles on it and ran it about 10 times hard. It feels pretty solid to me but I am going to definately upgrade the clutch and half shafts over the winter just in case.
oh yeah... I forgot you practically drove yours across the country to bring it home.

My ride probably has 7 - 10 miles on it right now.. other than dyno runs it is about to get, it's still spankn' new.

That's what I was hoping for and kinda expected.. I will take it easy the first couple of hundred miles so the gears in the trans and rend have a chance to settle in. After about 500 miles I'll Drive it like I stole it!
Old 09-15-2009, 10:09 PM   #176
Windy City

Quote:
Hi Windy, Great PIC's! I spoke with TIM at LPE today.. they are starting on my car sometime next week!

Hope that means yours and RS-ss2, and MWE444 get done first! Oh yeah - Bonechrshr's as well.. you guys are all close to completion!

Tim said it was fine for you to take pic's of my car on Friday.. you still gonna go to LPE and look around?
I would think they will have a bunch of stuff back together on your ride by then. Would be really cool if you get to hear one of the 650's while you are there... especially yours!
Indeed, I am going! They may have some more of the surgery complete but I don't expect it will be running. One cannot rush perfection! All the wrenches there do a meticulous job, I don't want anyone rushing and leaving a hemostat in the belly of the beast!
For your listening pleasure, while waiting for your car, might I suggest this: http://www.sportscardigest.com/brm-v...ne-sound-video
If you have good audio on your computer, TURN IT UP!
Old 09-15-2009, 10:11 PM   #177
1320junkie
Account Suspended

Drives: The Imperial Army
I will tell you guys that havent had an LPE car before that they just keep getting stronger and stronger overtime
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:14 PM   #178
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
I will tell you guys that havent had an LPE car before that they just keep getting stronger and stronger overtime
Looking forward to it
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:20 PM   #179
1320junkie
Account Suspended

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed74SS View Post
Looking forward to it
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:33 PM   #180
600hp-lpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City View Post

Sounds like it's gunna be time to skin some ponies!

Windy,
You had posted earlier about wanting a Vinyl sticker that you could apply for Mustang 'KILLS'.Just so happens I have a vinyl cutter/plotter and SW to make those images. I can only cut Vinyl.. I can't print colors on it.

I can make these in one color.. What color do you want them done in? I will need to buy some vinyl.. Is white o.k.? I need a roll of white for #'s for my car doors, so that color won't cost you anything. Payment in trade for some Hi-res pics of one Red Jewel Camaro with white stripes, perhaps?

I am thinking I do 1 design for mustangs, 1 for dodges, and 1 for Ricers.
Sideways view of the mustang (car) with the circle with diag. line - all in one sticker, about 3" circle? Is that the right size? It will look cool at the drags with a bunch of those stuck on the doors.. they remove pretty easily.

I could get fancy and make the circle w/diag. line in red, but it won't look as good on a red or orange car. Want a differnet color? that's not going to be free. Vinyl roll is about $20.00 to 25.00 for the smallest roll I can buy. lemme know what you want and if you wanted something different.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:53 PM   #181
600hp-lpe

Quote:
Indeed, I am going! They may have some more of the surgery complete but I don't expect it will be running. One cannot rush perfection! All the wrenches there do a meticulous job, I don't want anyone rushing and leaving a hemostat in the belly of the beast!
For your listening pleasure, while waiting for your car, might I suggest this: http://www.sportscardigest.com/brm-v...ne-sound-video
If you have good audio on your computer, TURN IT UP!
WoW! that 16 cylinder 1.5 Litre S/C'ed engine sounds like it was the balls! must have been a real handful back in '49 to drive that much HP on the suspension they had back then!

600 ponies is a totally different thing today.. better gearing, better tires, better suspension. I bet that car was pretty light compared to the camaro..
It definitely would be an interesting race against that beast. Camaro has it in the corners, V16 on the straights.. I can see it now.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:05 PM   #182
Windy City

Quote:
Windy,
You had posted earlier about wanting a Vinyl sticker that you could apply for Mustang 'KILLS'.Just so happens I have a vinyl cutter/plotter and SW to make those images. I can only cut Vinyl.. I can't print colors on it.

I can make these in one color.. What color do you want them done in? I will need to buy some vinyl.. Is white o.k.? I need a roll of white for #'s for my car doors, so that color won't cost you anything. Payment in trade for some Hi-res pics of one Red Jewel Camaro with white stripes, perhaps?

I am thinking I do 1 design for mustangs, 1 for dodges, and 1 for Ricers.
Sideways view of the mustang (car) with the circle with diag. line - all in one sticker, about 3" circle? Is that the right size? It will look cool at the drags with a bunch of those stuck on the doors.. they remove pretty easily.

I could get fancy and make the circle w/diag. line in red, but it won't look as good on a red or orange car. Want a differnet color? that's not going to be free. Vinyl roll is about $20.00 to 25.00 for the smallest roll I can buy. lemme know what you want and if you wanted something different.
HA! That would be awesome! They would be great at the car shows or cruise nights! Get the dander up on a few nemesis owners! White would be great, perfect contrast to RED.
One of my favorite thing is plane nose art, specially WWII vintage stuff.

Old 09-15-2009, 11:07 PM   #183
600hp-lpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
Junkie,
You got a Camaro yet? or are you one of THEM trying to win the DR. Pepper ride? J/k

You gonna Join us and get some good ol' LPE power under yer hood?
We need more good men. I understand if it's not in the cards.. you got to make sure you have diapers for the littlest one.

My little one is now 4 1/2.. Diapers are almost over. Them things are expensive!
Old 09-15-2009, 11:07 PM   #184
Windy City

Quote:
WoW! that 16 cylinder 1.5 Litre S/C'ed engine sounds like it was the balls! must have been a real handful back in '49 to drive that much HP on the suspension they had back then!

600 ponies is a totally different thing today.. better gearing, better tires, better suspension. I bet that car was pretty light compared to the camaro..
It definitely would be an interesting race against that beast. Camaro has it in the corners, V16 on the straights.. I can see it now.
Key there is 1.5 Litre 16 cylinder! Sure sounds great! There is a CD with the recording available in a book. It will give ya a woody!
Old 09-15-2009, 11:11 PM   #185
Windy City

Quote:
Junkie,
You got a Camaro yet? or are you one of THEM trying to win the DR. Pepper ride? J/k

You gonna Join us and get some good ol' LPE power under yer hood?
We need more good men. I understand if it's not in the cards.. you got to make sure you have diapers for the littlest one.

My little one is now 4 1/2.. Diapers are almost over. Them things are expensive!
Junkie's wife won't let him have one, he's not hen pecked, he's just got chicken house ways!

Actually I think the dog just acquired a ZR1!
Old 09-15-2009, 11:12 PM   #186
600hp-lpe

Quote:
HA! That would be awesome! They would be great at the car shows or cruise nights! Get the dander up on a few nemesis owners! White would be great, perfect contrast to RED.
One of my favorite thing is plane nose art, specially WWII vintage stuff.

Ok, white it is! I will start on the designs over the weekend. I can make something pretty easy, that will look cool, I think.

Give me about 2 weeks and I will have them done, ready to apply. I'll p.m. you on this so we don't clog up this thread with the details.. I will post (and share) once they are done.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:26 PM   #187
600hp-lpe

Quote:
Key there is 1.5 Litre 16 cylinder! Sure sounds great! There is a CD with the recording available in a book. It will give ya a woody!
It's like 16 supercharged chainsaws all tied together!
the Pistons have to be TINY!
They probably didn't have a tach that went high enough back then..
I love the sound!

It's not as good as Speed's dyno pull when his car was done though.
I'm partial to 570HP LPE through Borla's.
Must be because I will have the same thing shortly!
Like speed, I aspire to be able to play with the BIG kids... soon... SOON...
Damn, wish I had an extra 10K lying around..
I'd be upgrading right now.

I have my house getting vinyl sided - that's over 10K.. they start next week. Wife would kill me if I put THAT off any longer...