Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Forced Induction - V8 V8 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Old 09-02-2009, 09:43 PM   #26
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010 2SS RS RJT MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS-SS2 View Post
570hp, I totally understand I could have gone either way, ended up being a last minute decision to upgrade now. How soon til you car arrives @ LPE. Seems as though our cars should cross paths there. This site sure does help the time pass while we wait in anticipation.
My car should arrive any day now at Courtesy - 2 miles from LPE. I thought it would have already been there by now.. it should be REAL SOON.

I was able to sign all the papers for it today at the local dealership I bought it from. My salesperson said that usually the car is no more than two days out from when they receive the certificate of origin - I hope so.

I wish I could have spent the extra $$$ on the 650 as well.. I decided to upgrade the tires, wheels, suspension, and body panels over the winter.
Those upgrades are going to be over 10K when I am done with them.
LPE ZR-1 twin disc Clutch, LPE rear w/3.73 gears
NHRA cert. 8.50 CM 10 point roll cage, Cobra racing Seats
Gforce 5 PT. Harnesses, MOMO steering wheel and pedals
285/35/19 Bridgestone RE-11 Tires, CCW 19X10 SP16A Wheels
315/30/18 Front, 335/30/18 Rear Hoosier tires, CCW C2K Wheels
Racing Brake Rotors, stainless lines, MT800 Brake pads
HD Rear Axles, Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Lower Control Arms
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:20 PM   #27
600hp-lpe

Quote:
Well guys my car arrived at LPE this past Friday and was slated for the 570hp pkg. Over the weekend i started thinking about going up to the 650 hp pkg. I couldn't decide if i wanted to spend the extra $$$ to upgrade now . I thought well i could get the 570hp now and send it back up there in a year or two for the 650hp pkg. After talking with a couple of members here and weighing the pros and cons it made sense to do it now. In addition, for me shipping alone back and forth from the southwest is one third of the pkg upgrade.

Thank you for your knowledge and your experiences Windy city, speed74 and all others who contribute with informative information.
How long till your car is done? Got a new ETA for when it will be back to you?

Next summer is going to be FUN for all of us! RS, Are you able to drive the toys in the winter season in NM? Does it snow there? Although it's not so much the snow as it is the SALT and sand the DPW uses on the roads. I wait until they sweep that stuff up first and it rains a few times.

I will use the time between mid-November to May to work on my car. Living in NH, we will see a fair amount of snow. I won't be working on it the whole time.. That's snowmobile season! Thank Goodness for winter toys! Makes the winter go by faster.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:59 AM   #28
RS-SS2

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 09 mini, 01 3500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe View Post
My car should arrive any day now at Courtesy - 2 miles from LPE. I thought it would have already been there by now.. it should be REAL SOON.

I was able to sign all the papers for it today at the local dealership I bought it from. My salesperson said that usually the car is no more than two days out from when they receive the certificate of origin - I hope so.

I wish I could have spent the extra $$$ on the 650 as well.. I decided to upgrade the tires, wheels, suspension, and body panels over the winter.
Those upgrades are going to be over 10K when I am done with them.
Congratulations on the signing of your paperwork sounds like your one step closer to finally seeing your car. Im sure all those upgrades you are doing over the winter are going to be awesome, can't wait to see some pics when it is all done. Right now I am sure you can hardly wait to get behind the wheel. The wait will be worth it!

The original time frame from LPE was 2 to 3 weeks to get my car back I think it will be a bit longer than that. Kevin @ LPE told me the other day that they have 12 to 14 Camaros there right now and lots of calls coming in so it sounds like they have their hands full.

Winters here in NM are fairly mild we get 1 or 2 severe snow storms per year.
What is nice about NM is we can get a foot of snow and the following afternoon it is all melted and dry. I'm sure there will be a few good days to go out and drive the toy. I hope you get your car soon so you can go out and enjoy that 570-LPE before the winter season. Let us all know when your car arrives at LPE.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:23 PM   #29
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Hey so my cars truck mate went for the upgrade. Too cool, now you have me really trying to talk myself out of the jump. I may get it back then send it up to ADM for the other work, Or call Ryan and tell him to do it now. Damn what to do. I guess you went ahead and did the clutch, I think the stock one is a little weak, you know might as well.
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:39 PM   #30
mws444

Well, just got off the phone with Ryan, and he is sending over the quote. Damn another 10k, oh well its only money, huh? Guess I will forget to tell the wife about this one, she is in the lets remodel the Bathrooms and kitchen mode, so I know all of this is going to cost me. LOL
Old 09-03-2009, 03:04 PM   #31
600hp-lpe

Quote:
Congratulations on the signing of your paperwork sounds like your one step closer to finally seeing your car. Im sure all those upgrades you are doing over the winter are going to be awesome, can't wait to see some pics when it is all done. Right now I am sure you can hardly wait to get behind the wheel. The wait will be worth it!

The original time frame from LPE was 2 to 3 weeks to get my car back I think it will be a bit longer than that. Kevin @ LPE told me the other day that they have 12 to 14 Camaros there right now and lots of calls coming in so it sounds like they have their hands full.

Winters here in NM are fairly mild we get 1 or 2 severe snow storms per year.
What is nice about NM is we can get a foot of snow and the following afternoon it is all melted and dry. I'm sure there will be a few good days to go out and drive the toy. I hope you get your car soon so you can go out and enjoy that 570-LPE before the winter season. Let us all know when your car arrives at LPE.
I spoke with Tim at LPE today. If my car arrives next week (say Sept. 8 or 9th), it will get staged and then 'transformed' with the 570HP kit the following week (Estimated finish is hopefully Sept. 18th). My Borla exhaust is already there, Tim was going to check on the MTI shifter I ordered... I also ordered the blower boost gauge from Andy at ADM - that ships Monday to LPE. That is all I am planning on LPE installing for other additional parts.

I should be able to get 4-6 weeks of drive time before the weather gets too crappy outside. One ride is all I want to make me happy.. I will be thrilled to have it home in my garage.

Right now, I just want it to arrive at LPE's shop instead of being stuck in "GM Shipping" hell. At least once it is done and shipped from them, you can really track it. I believe LPE uses use Fed-ex auto transport.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:57 PM   #32
RS-SS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
Well, just got off the phone with Ryan, and he is sending over the quote. Damn another 10k, oh well its only money, huh? Guess I will forget to tell the wife about this one, she is in the lets remodel the Bathrooms and kitchen mode, so I know all of this is going to cost me. LOL
When you get the car back take her out for a few nice dinners in it and maybe postpone the remodel for next year.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:12 PM   #33
Windy City

Drives: Not enough room here!
Quote:
When you get the car back take her out for a few nice dinners in it and maybe postpone the remodel for next year.
I think he will actually have to let her DRIVE IT!!!!!!!!
Arf, Arf, Arf, all us LPE guys need to bark like the dogs we are! (now maybe one of these computer savvy guys can come up with a barking smile face)
Old 09-03-2009, 04:31 PM   #34
RS-SS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe View Post
I spoke with Tim at LPE today. If my car arrives next week (say Sept. 8 or 9th), it will get staged and then 'transformed' with the 570HP kit the following week (Estimated finish is hopefully Sept. 18th). My Borla exhaust is already there, Tim was going to check on the MTI shifter I ordered... I also ordered the blower boost gauge from Andy at ADM - that ships Monday to LPE. That is all I am planning on LPE installing for other additional parts.

I should be able to get 4-6 weeks of drive time before the weather gets too crappy outside. One ride is all I want to make me happy.. I will be thrilled to have it home in my garage.

Right now, I just want it to arrive at LPE's shop instead of being stuck in "GM Shipping" hell. At least once it is done and shipped from them, you can really track it. I believe LPE uses use Fed-ex auto transport.
That is great news, you should be behind the wheel by the end of Sept. After that first ride I think your going to want more and more.
My car is scheduled to start the transformation tomorrow or Tuesday next week. Hopefully i will be driving my car by end of Sept as well. I'm heading out of town tonight for the long weekend, should help pass by some time.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:47 PM   #35
600hp-lpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
ROFL! That extra is a big one to hide from the wife. LOL good luck with that.

I was teetering on the same fence (going for the 650 package). I decided to go with suspension and tires/wheels (that is going to be 10K as well).
Old 09-03-2009, 07:59 PM   #36
600hp-lpe

Quote:
That is great news, you should be behind the wheel by the end of Sept. After that first ride I think your going to want more and more.
My car is scheduled to start the transformation tomorrow or Tuesday next week. Hopefully i will be driving my car by end of Sept as well. I'm heading out of town tonight for the long weekend, should help pass by some time.
Yes, I think I should be able to drive it by the end of Sept. Most HP junkies always want more.. I am going to have to be content for the foreseeable future and let the pocketbook heal a little bit.

Glad to hear your's is getting started in the next couple of days. What else are you doing besides the 650? Anything?
Old 09-03-2009, 10:01 PM   #37
Windy City

Speed, where ya at? Been beatin on that car of yours?
Old 09-03-2009, 11:16 PM   #38
paul2010

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1278
I live about 25 minutes from the Lingenfelter and I will be taking my car there in a couple weeks. Maybe as soon as they are finished with the ones that are there now. Sounds like people are lining up to get the superchargers at Lingenfelters. They just had 3 or 4 shipped up from texas. I just kinda wanted to make sure that I didn't have any issues with the drivetrain before I voided my factory warranty so I put 3500 miles on mine and I think I'm OK for lift-off.
paul2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 06:28 AM   #39
dmack2k7

Drives: 02 mitsubishi Eclipse SpyderGT
aww man all these sytems for the camaro so nice.... its makes it hard to choose lol
dmack2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:09 AM   #40
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City View Post
Speed, where ya at? Been beatin on that car of yours?
I have been on the road the last few days and had to take my truck. I finally got home yesterday and after work I threw a few coats of Zaino on her. I love driving this thing, as it always begs for more. It is funny while driving around, I still get the people that pull up beside me and lean out the window and say "Holy S**t". I still can't believe what an unbelievable job LPE has done. I can't wait to see a few of your cars transformed and hear your comments. I look forward to the weekend, as I will get some cruising in and looking forward to getting together with a few other car nuts on Saturday night. I am sure thats not what the wife wants to do for our anniversary but she will be ok
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:27 AM   #41
Windy City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed74SS View Post
I am sure thats not what the wife wants to do for our anniversary but she will be ok
I'm spending the weekend installing a 4 post lift. Have to get the nest ready for the new arrival when she finally makes it home.
Your wife will be OK, tell her to look at it like the Cubs, There's always next year!
We are going to Barrett Jackson Vegas for our honeymoon. (maybe there's a 69 Camaro wedding present brewing)
Have you had any luck with getting that thing to hook up off the line? Wheel hop? or just smokin the tires off of it? I don't want to dump any money into my front suspension but I am thinking the rear needs improvement to help with hook up. I'm wondering what you have found.
and keep grinnin!
Old 09-04-2009, 08:34 AM   #42
600hp-lpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul2010 View Post
I live about 25 minutes from the Lingenfelter and I will be taking my car there in a couple weeks. Maybe as soon as they are finished with the ones that are there now. Sounds like people are lining up to get the superchargers at Lingenfelters. They just had 3 or 4 shipped up from texas. I just kinda wanted to make sure that I didn't have any issues with the drivetrain before I voided my factory warranty so I put 3500 miles on mine and I think I'm OK for lift-off.
Don't be waiting for LPE's shop to clear... They are getting a lot of business and it's only going to get worse. You need to get on their calendar if you are going to move forward. LPE is great to work with.

I wish i lived within a 1/2 hour from them. My wife (and my pocketbook) wouldn't though.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:03 PM   #43
Speed74SS

Quote:
I'm spending the weekend installing a 4 post lift. Have to get the nest ready for the new arrival when she finally makes it home.
Your wife will be OK, tell her to look at it like the Cubs, There's always next year!
We are going to Barrett Jackson Vegas for our honeymoon. (maybe there's a 69 Camaro wedding present brewing)
Have you had any luck with getting that thing to hook up off the line? Wheel hop? or just smokin the tires off of it? I don't want to dump any money into my front suspension but I am thinking the rear needs improvement to help with hook up. I'm wondering what you have found.
and keep grinnin!
Barrett Jackson sounds great - that would be a blast. Especially in Vegas!! A 69' would be an awesome wedding present - good luck with that one

On the street it seems to hook pretty good - as it is always a little ways into a first gear roll before I really get on it. From a stand still, it really has to be launched about 1500 - 2000rpms - rolling on the clutch. If you pop the clutch, it is all over. I need more practicing with the G-Tech and then I'm going to hit the drag strip on the 15th again. I would love to be in the 11's on stock tires but I'm not sure its going to happen with the wheel spin.

I had some wheel hop when I was staging and doing the burnouts but I found if I let off a little and then got back into it - the wheel hop stopped. From a launch, I don't notice much wheel hop.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:45 PM   #44
Windy City

We will be putting on drag slicks at the track. Gunna try to get it to stick from the get go. I have alot of concerns about breaking axles or trans shafts as the trans is proven but in the lighter Vette.
Kevin at Lingenfelter brought up the wheel hop thing to me. They are working on some different combination's as we speak.
A friend of mine here runs a Pro Stock car and I am going to look to him also for suggestions to lower the ET. Attrition is eminent!
Old 09-04-2009, 01:46 PM   #45
1320junkie
Account Suspended

Drives: The Imperial Army
Hey did you tell them you were going to run slicks on your car?
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:03 PM   #46
Windy City

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
Hey did you tell them you were going to run slicks on your car?
Yes, I have been discussing it with Lingenfelter and RPM. The snafu is there is little to go off of. I haven't been in a hurry to complete the car as I am watching incoming information.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:18 PM   #47
Speed74SS

Quote:
Yes, I have been discussing it with Lingenfelter and RPM. The snafu is there is little to go off of. I haven't been in a hurry to complete the car as I am watching incoming information.
I will be watching your build closely and maybe do some of the same things next year. I would like to get some DR and see how she runs.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:25 PM   #48
1320junkie
Account Suspended

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Yeah I can imagine that its pretty tricky
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 03:40 PM   #49
Windy City

We'll break it, we'll fix it, we'll make it go faster, we'll break it, we'll fix it, we'll make it go faster..........and so it goes.
It's like a disease!
Old 09-05-2009, 11:18 AM   #50
mws444

Well I signed the new quote, and out of guilt told the wife to start on the bathroom. Just thinking about more horsepower than the ZR1 makes me giggle like a little school girl. At least my two buddies with the GT500's will only see the back of my Camaro. Also will have to take on the lawyer with the Z06, should be fun to see his face. I have another friend with an '09 twin turbo Porche, but I dont think I can get him to run me, he is gun shy after flipping his Z06.
I am really looking forward to putting together a day at the Demming NM track, I hear they have a road course with an awsome straightway. That of course will cause a few susp. upgrades. I dont think this game will ever end, but should be a lot of fun!