Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:53 AM   #76
fastball
White 'n Nerdy

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I would just like to point out to everyone that the Camaro was always a car that the masses could afford, thus you will see them everywhere eventually. The Camaro is not, nor was it ever, the car for you if you want to be the only one in town with one.

Right now everyone who owns one feels unique, but lest we forget with 32,000 sold nationwide, that's a drop in the bucket compared to what GM has (indirectly) said their sales goals are for the car: 100,000 annually.

You give this car two or three years, and many many many people will own one.

You will be able to find two or three on the lot without having to place an order.

And you will be able to buy it for less than MSRP.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:46 AM   #77
RadRiv455

Drives: Pontiac Solstice
Mustang GT Rebate: $3500

Watching TV last night and saw a commercial for Ford and it ended with a Mustang GT $3500 rebate tease.

So, Ford doesn't like being outsold...The commercial aired primetime in the Upper Midwest (Minnesota)
RadRiv455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:30 PM   #78
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie Guy Z28 View Post
Compared to 2002 sales....

This is what I found with a quick search for 2002 model year courtesy of http://www.camaro-registry.com/production.htm

Looks like we have that beat!

True -- but!......

..........we had derated the plant to 35 jph (jobs per hour) (meaning cars per hour) -- and could not raise it as it would have necessitated hiring more people........ We actually built out the 2001 model early so that we could start the 2002 models up - as we felt people would rather have a 2002 than a 2001 -- and we could not build Camaros or Firebirds after 11:59pm local time on August 31, 2002......(they would no longer meet a new federal standard that became law on September 1, 2002)

But how happy we are that the Camaro has been so well received!

(...I think I just heard 'Thor' rev his engine in agreement......)

...OK I made that last part up....
Old 09-02-2009, 10:32 PM   #79
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2003 GMC Envoy SLE/2000 Ford Ranger
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertyforall1776 View Post
What's the source -- it is good practice to provide a URL to the source.
Or you could just go to media.gm.com and look yourself...

2003 GMC Envoy SLE - Airaid Cold Air Intake, Gibson Performance Catback Exhaust
2000 Ford Ranger XLT Regular Cab (State-issued)
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:37 PM   #80
HeavyD

Drives: 1SSRS RY L99
Want something rare and not "every 5 cars" you should have boughten an SSR.
HeavyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:34 AM   #81
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:35 AM   #82
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyD View Post
Want something rare and not "every 5 cars" you should have boughten an SSR.
Ugh-lee

And... "boughten"?

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:59 AM   #83
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
We have the rare, limited-edition Camaros with GM badges and no backup sensors. There. Feel free to brag to the uninformed.
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
MontyCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:09 AM   #84
DDustiNN

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Send a message via Skype™ to DDustiNN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Kinkaid View Post
Not to sound selfish but I hope GM pulls the plug on this car pretty soon. For everyone and their mother to have a 2010 camaro is just not good for so many reasons. The most imporant in my opinion being VALUE, I was under the impression this car was going to be a limited edition with only so many produced. That is one of the reasons I chose to buy it, the more that are produced the less the value will be in the future (I plan on keeping it). Where I live I am one of few 2010 camaro owners, I see another one every now and then and honestly I like it this way and hope it stays this way. I don't know about everyone else but it feels nice to own and be apart of something that people don't see everyday. I can't go anywhere without people stopping to talk to me about it or take pictures or staring at me so hard while driving they almost run off the road.If these things are happening to me I know they are happening to everyone else out there who owns one. The minute you start seeing this car everywhere means it is sloowwwly loosing it's luster.:( This is just my opinion and I do not expect everyone to agree with it !
Umm...

Where would you possibly get that idea from? That was never the intention, and was never stated as such. When this car was OK'd for production, that's what it meant... production. Not "limited run" or whatever...

And if that was your "reason" for wanting to buy this car, then clearly you did not do much research beforehand...

The things people come up with...

Also... buying a brand new car is not a good investment plan... just so you know...
Old 09-03-2009, 10:11 AM   #85
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2003 GMC Envoy SLE/2000 Ford Ranger
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Hell, if he doesn't want his car just because it'll be worth less in the future, I'll take it off his hands.

2003 GMC Envoy SLE - Airaid Cold Air Intake, Gibson Performance Catback Exhaust
2000 Ford Ranger XLT Regular Cab (State-issued)
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 09:11 AM   #86
camero

Drives: IOM V6 RS 38808
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalicrusin View Post
Just curious...since we are talking stats here what accounts for the 2002 Camaros that were produced in August and not delivered... there were 2002 Camaros that weren't delivered last month (august)...I wanted to know what happened to them...do the math...
I bet my car is one of them! The production numbers are probably the total plant output numbers and the sales numbers are probably for United States sales. I bet the missing 2000 cars stayed in Canada!

Old 09-06-2009, 01:06 PM   #87
Treadstone

Drives: Z51 BABY!
, I've never seen car guys celebrate over selling more numbers than another car. Kinda self defeating, considering you're just lowering your resale/trade in value.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:36 PM   #88
dursin

Drives: Suburban
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010-1SS-IBM View Post
I think the Challenger fills a void that neither the Camaro nor the Mustang do. The only reason I can think of for it's low sales is price.

But low sales are low sales. I'll be sad if it does go away.
The reason for the low Challenger sales is because they shut down the plant in April when they filed bankruptcy and didn't start making Challenger's again until about a month ago. Can't sell what you don't have. 2010's are on there way to dealers now so their numbers should increase significantly, though I don't expect them to get anywhere near Camaro figures.
dursin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 02:05 PM   #89
AZCamaroFan
Coming Soon

Drives: Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treadstone View Post
, I've never seen car guys celebrate over selling more numbers than another car. Kinda self defeating, considering you're just lowering your resale/trade in value.
Most of us are more concerned with the Camaro NEVER going out of production again. Cars will always go down in value.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 03:15 PM   #90
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Kinda doesn't apply if you plan on driving your car until you can't anymore. I doubt it will have much resale value in 15 years or so anyway.
CamaroFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 03:36 PM   #91
camero

Drives: IOM V6 RS 38808
Quote:
I think you're kidding yourself if you think that poor sales are a recipe for great resale values in the future! Even super limited production isn't really any help. My old car is an Isuzu VehiCROSS which is stunningly attractive (to some), was very desirable and impossible to get due to low production, and sold for well over it's outrageous for the time price of $30K. It was limited to around 6000 units total with the first 2000 sold in Japan and the other 4000 sold in the US. It's never had any problems and always gone everywhere I've asked it, and still draws wild stares and questions everywhere (more than my Camaro actually) 10 years later. But the value now is probably $7000. Would it be more or less if they made 60,000 of them or 600,000 of them? Probably not I don't think. Will it ever go up wildly in value? Probably not. I think you have to forget about the value of a car for at least 30 or 40 years and just enjoy it.

Old 09-06-2009, 03:59 PM   #92
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 1999 GMC Envoy
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Quote:
Originally Posted by camero View Post
I think you're kidding yourself if you think that poor sales are a recipe for great resale values in the future! Even super limited production isn't really any help. My old car is an Isuzu VehiCROSS which is stunningly attractive (to some), was very desirable and impossible to get due to low production, and sold for well over it's outrageous for the time price of $30K. It was limited to around 6000 units total with the first 2000 sold in Japan and the other 4000 sold in the US. It's never had any problems and always gone everywhere I've asked it, and still draws wild stares and questions everywhere (more than my Camaro actually) 10 years later. But the value now is probably $7000. Would it be more or less if they made 60,000 of them or 600,000 of them? Probably not I don't think. Will it ever go up wildly in value? Probably not. I think you have to forget about the value of a car for at least 30 or 40 years and just enjoy it.

I love the look of those vehicles. I had a 1:24 scale diecast of one when I was 8, and always had it up on my shelf. I've seen so few of them on the road, and always loved the look of it. So wildly unique, and I love it
Old 09-07-2009, 12:35 AM   #93
BBLB78
buddy

Drives: 2010 2SS White / Black stripes
I just added one more to the month of September. I pick up the new love of my life on Tuesday 9/8/09. 2SS White with Black Rally Stripes. Order went in July 27th. They are really moving them fast now.
BBLB78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:19 AM   #94
DrumDawg

Drives: BumbleBee, 67 Firebird,79 Porsche
Is GM ever going to publish a color breakdown again?
3400 = Broadcast:09/14/2009
3800 = Produced:09/17/2009 2G1FK1EJ5A9147250
4000 = Available to ship 28Sept
4200 = Shipped-Rail-Detroit at 3AM on 5Oct, Departed for Miami, Ohio @ 3AM, arrived in Cincinnati, Ohio, 7 Oct 0749 arrived in Louisville Kentucky,at Kane Ave Tenn.@ 8:30PM,left for Wauhatchie, Tennesee 10Oct,Waycross GA10Oct,Jacksonville FL 11 Oct.
5000 = Delivered to the dealer 14Oct09
6000 = Delivered to the customer 17Oct09
DrumDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:29 PM   #95
AngryAmish

Drives: Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Dodge Challenger Sales, August 2009: 1,132 units sold.
You wanna know whats weird about that? I've, to date, have run into more Challengers on the road. Ive seen 6 Challengers to 3 Camaros, not counting my own of course.

Hell, today I saw my second GTR.

I hate people around here. I'm moving to the suburbs.
Proud Owner of #168
AngryAmish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:37 PM   #96
tenwatt

Drives: Pontiac Solstice GXP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Kinkaid View Post
Not to sound selfish but I hope GM pulls the plug on this car pretty soon. For everyone and their mother to have a 2010 camaro is just not good for so many reasons. The most imporant in my opinion being VALUE, I was under the impression this car was going to be a limited edition with only so many produced. That is one of the reasons I chose to buy it, the more that are produced the less the value will be in the future (I plan on keeping it). Where I live I am one of few 2010 camaro owners, I see another one every now and then and honestly I like it this way and hope it stays this way. I don't know about everyone else but it feels nice to own and be apart of something that people don't see everyday. I can't go anywhere without people stopping to talk to me about it or take pictures or staring at me so hard while driving they almost run off the road.If these things are happening to me I know they are happening to everyone else out there who owns one. The minute you start seeing this car everywhere means it is sloowwwly loosing it's luster.:( This is just my opinion and I do not expect everyone to agree with it !
A limited production car with a starting price of $22k? what are you talking about? I think GM's experiments with limited production cars is over (umm Chevy SSR). The point of the camaro is the same as the mustang which is SELL A TON OF THEM. hopefully they do what ford does and they continue to offer many variations so that it doesn't get stale and you can make it bit unique.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:37 PM   #97
maxq

Drives: 2010 RS
I wonder why the number of cars in september has doubled from April. Did they speed up the line ?
maxq is offline   Reply With Quote