|09-01-2009, 06:52 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jul 2009
Houston Area Speed Traps & Ticket Stories
Thought the gas pedal was the clutch? Just casually passing a slow car? Need to really go to the bathroom? Testing the gas pedal to see if it still works? "Air drying" your car after a wash? Need to rush home to your dying hamster?
Whatever excuse you've used to get out of a ticket, more than likely you've been stopped for speeding (or soon will with your new toy). Let's help each other out by posting known speed traps in and around Houston. If you have a funny ticket story to share, post those too!
1. Sam Houston Tollway/Beltway 8: any part of it. Watch out for those constables, they're sneaky. You'll find most of them at the bottom of overpasses so they can nail you as you're coming over it. They'll also just sit on the shoulder with their trucks open tagging folks.
2. I45/Gulf Freeway and Shaver exit: east side. I often see HPD parked under the underpass checking people's registration/inspection stickers. If they haven't stopped anyone for expired stickers, they're tagging folks as they exit the freeway or speeding on the feeder.
3. Sagemont area: I45 south and Beltway area. Harris County Constables swarm the area, especially the residential streets and Scarsdale and Beamer street.
4. Pasadena: everywhere!
5. Midtown: everywhere, especially on the weekends! Warning, if you park in that area to party it up, watch where you park. A lot of street parking spaces turn into no parking zones after a certain time. Crazy I know but those cops and tow trucks swarm the area like ants once that time hits. Park in a lot (more secure) or just pay attention to the signs on the streets.
6. Hwy 146: Kemah area. Note the speed drops from 50 to 45 and that's where they hang out!
Order date: 7/17/09
3000 TPW: 8/17/09
3400 status on 8/11/09
4200: 8/24/09 on rail car ETTX850796
Last edited by crzycicada; 09-05-2009 at 03:38 PM.
|10-13-2009, 10:15 AM||#2|
The Baytown East Freeway anywhere between 610 and downtown East and West bound. They are out everymorning anf afternoon. Sometimes I have seen them back to back a mile or two apart. Watch out for the "phantom" cars!!! No ticket yet, just really careful!!
|10-13-2009, 08:16 PM||#3|
Drives: 2003 Silverado z71 1500
Join Date: Oct 2009
Kemah, coming over the HWY 146 bridge! Also on 146 going into la port. there is that small town Idk the name oh ya SHREWPORT! And a cop always sits right before the la port city limits behind a traffic light, just drive 50 through there and youre good
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Looking for ZAINO detailer in the Houston area||Dinky Toy||Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection||14||03-29-2010 07:01 AM|
|2010 Camaro Spotted - Houston area||CamaroLovers||USA - Texas||1||04-30-2009 11:53 AM|
|HOUSTON may 7th||camarotoofast||Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions||1||04-15-2009 05:43 PM|
|Houston 2010 Camaro Caravan... Camaro Launch Events in your area?||rolnslo||5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions||21||04-15-2009 04:46 PM|
|Houston area wheel deals||Txturbo||Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack||1||10-31-2008 06:05 PM|