Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Hines Performance (HPE)
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions All DIY projects & discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2012, 07:08 AM   #101
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert795 View Post
Does anything bad happen if you "forget" to put back the very top bolts in the fender well that were a pain in the butt to remove?
No. All 3 times I've done the install I've "forgotten" to reinstall those nuts.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:00 PM   #102
Robert795
 
Robert795's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
No. All 3 times I've done the install I've "forgotten" to reinstall those nuts.
Thanks, that's what I was hoping to hear.
Robert795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:55 PM   #103
phenixdragon

 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert795 View Post
Does anything bad happen if you "forget" to put back the very top bolts in the fender well that were a pain in the butt to remove?
I think one of mine has been gone for 2 years now. Too much of a pain to put back in, even more so with 22s on. I think it just helps secure it more but not technically needed.
phenixdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:02 AM   #104
redleader
redleader
 
redleader's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 V6 3.6L Auto 1LT
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 1,731
Send a message via MSN to redleader
Is that 230 degrees Centigrade or Fahrenheit ?
I have a Gas oven, does it matter that it's not Electric?
redleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:01 AM   #105
AACstyle

 
AACstyle's Avatar
 
Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 6,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by redleader View Post
Is that 230 degrees Centigrade or Fahrenheit ?
I have a Gas oven, does it matter that it's not Electric?
Fahrenheit, gas or electric is fine.
AACstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:51 AM   #106
phenixdragon

 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by redleader View Post
Is that 230 degrees Centigrade or Fahrenheit ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by redleader View Post
I have a Gas oven, does it matter that it's not Electric?

Don't do it man. Their product is junk. The ring they send you does not fit properly with the stock diffuser. The ring is a perfect circle while stock is not meaning some LEDs will not hit the diffuser properly. The pictures on their site are very deceiving. I tried it myself and thought I screwed up. I ended up sending it to them and they did the same exact job and even lied about a few things and had even for some reason but off part of the lamps that sticks out to allow you to line it up properly. I can’t think of what it is called, but I ended up braking a lamp because of that being broken off as my bumper cover got stuck. But all in all, it looks like garbage because like I said, the ring they send does not match the stock ring. There are better options out there.
phenixdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:06 AM   #107
redleader
redleader
 
redleader's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 V6 3.6L Auto 1LT
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 1,731
Send a message via MSN to redleader
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenixdragon View Post
Don't do it man. Their product is junk. The ring they send you does not fit properly with the stock diffuser. The ring is a perfect circle while stock is not meaning some LEDs will not hit the diffuser properly. The pictures on their site are very deceiving. I tried it myself and thought I screwed up. I ended up sending it to them and they did the same exact job and even lied about a few things and had even for some reason but off part of the lamps that sticks out to allow you to line it up properly. I can’t think of what it is called, but I ended up braking a lamp because of that being broken off as my bumper cover got stuck. But all in all, it looks like garbage because like I said, the ring they send does not match the stock ring. There are better options out there.
I've done it OK :-) Looks OK.
My headlights are NON-RS, but I take your point.
My UK wiring is different, so I'm taking it into a local dealer this afternoon to be tested for Road Worthy-ness.

Thank you anyway.

Last edited by redleader; 08-07-2012 at 09:41 AM.
redleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:39 AM   #108
AACstyle

 
AACstyle's Avatar
 
Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 6,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenixdragon View Post
Don't do it man. Their product is junk. The ring they send you does not fit properly with the stock diffuser. The ring is a perfect circle while stock is not meaning some LEDs will not hit the diffuser properly. The pictures on their site are very deceiving. I tried it myself and thought I screwed up. I ended up sending it to them and they did the same exact job and even lied about a few things and had even for some reason but off part of the lamps that sticks out to allow you to line it up properly. I can’t think of what it is called, but I ended up braking a lamp because of that being broken off as my bumper cover got stuck. But all in all, it looks like garbage because like I said, the ring they send does not match the stock ring. There are better options out there.
We have hundreds of happy customers here on Camaro5 and we had the opportunity to meet dozens of customers showing off their ORACLE ColorSHIFT Halos at C5F3 over the weekend and they all looked awesome in person nothing but great feedback and positive cmments. Sounds like your situation of getting your bumper cover "stuck" may be a case of installer error, if you would like to send me a PM I would be happy to help troubleshoot with you.
AACstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:40 AM   #109
AACstyle

 
AACstyle's Avatar
 
Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 6,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by redleader View Post
I've done it OK :-) Looks OK.
My headlights are NON-RS, but I take your point.
My UK wiring is different, so I;m taking it into a dealer this afternoon to be tested for Road Worthy-ness.

Thank you anyway.
Glad to hear you were able to get everything installed, if you need any other assistance please just let us know
AACstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:42 AM   #110
redleader
redleader
 
redleader's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 V6 3.6L Auto 1LT
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 1,731
Send a message via MSN to redleader
Quote:
Originally Posted by AACstyle View Post
Glad to hear you were able to get everything installed, if you need any other assistance please just let us know
The install just required a lot of pre-planning, research, head-trip trial run movies :-)

Once I started it was fine. Only a matter of confidence.

My UK IVA wiring is the issue, not the product.
redleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:03 AM   #111
JRZ
 
Drives: 2013 2LS
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikez10288 View Post
Just finished mine over the weekend. Came out amazing. Props to AAC!

Switchback blinkers are on the way next!
Very Nice and it looks like you have a non RS which I do as well so my question is how is the halo mounted on the halogen reflector?
JRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:31 AM   #112
redleader
redleader
 
redleader's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 V6 3.6L Auto 1LT
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 1,731
Send a message via MSN to redleader
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRZ View Post
Very Nice and it looks like you have a non RS which I do as well so my question is how is the halo mounted on the halogen reflector?
The Halo's LED rings have very very strong double-sided tape on the back.
Very strong.
That helps you get them positioned well and firmly.
Once I was happy with the position, I used Araldite (http://www.go-araldite.com/) two-part Epoxy glue to secure them at four points, 2 top, 2 bottom, mainly filling in from behind.
Once the headlight goes together again it also clamps them in :-)
redleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:41 PM   #113
JRZ
 
Drives: 2013 2LS
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 25
verry cool

Thanks

same for the fogs?
JRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:12 PM   #114
redleader
redleader
 
redleader's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 V6 3.6L Auto 1LT
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 1,731
Send a message via MSN to redleader
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRZ View Post
verry cool

Thanks

same for the fogs?
Yes, same for the Fogs.
I then wired each side together and spliced into the side running lights.
redleader is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.