Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2009, 05:00 PM   #1
ThunderSS

 
ThunderSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: East of Houston
Posts: 767
This is unreal......

called my dealer today..
My car has been unloaded since Monday night. Still no car delivered,
another member on here was on the same train I was , and got his car yesterday..
why is it that the dealerships cant figure out where the damn car is???
I mentioned to him to call the GMDBC, but he said they wouldnt know anything about it..
something about the trucking company that GM was using around Houston went bankrupt, and they are just using random trucking companies.. You mean to tell me that they have no idea who is trucking their cars.. to me that is absurd.. they could haul those cars anywhere..
Any advice besides sitting and waiting???

Apparently they are not using AAG in Houston..
He mentioned something about Hagard trucking or something like that..
__________________

2010 Camaro SS/RS HKE Forged 416 CID
http://www.fquick.com/ThunderZ28
510 HP/485 Ft. Lbs
ThunderSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 05:10 PM   #2
Red Rocket
Camaro Princess
 
Red Rocket's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 VR 2LT RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tri-Cities, WA
Posts: 231
At this point, sitting and waiting is pretty much all you can do except for to call your dealer every day for updates. I certainly wouldn't trust them to call you when it comes in. Maybe you could convince the dealership to go and pick up the car themselves?
__________________
No longer waiting.
Red Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 05:11 PM   #3
Nezacant
 
Nezacant's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderSS View Post
called my dealer today..
My car has been unloaded since Monday night. Still no car delivered,
another member on here was on the same train I was , and got his car yesterday..
why is it that the dealerships cant figure out where the damn car is???
I mentioned to him to call the GMDBC, but he said they wouldnt know anything about it..
something about the trucking company that GM was using around Houston went bankrupt, and they are just using random trucking companies.. You mean to tell me that they have no idea who is trucking their cars.. to me that is absurd.. they could haul those cars anywhere..
Any advice besides sitting and waiting???

Apparently they are not using AAG in Houston..
He mentioned something about Hagard trucking or something like that..
Someone there knows. Most of the time your salesman wont be the one in the know.
__________________
Proud owner of a Black 2010 2SS/RS Chevy Camaro.
Nezacant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 05:11 PM   #4
ThunderSS

 
ThunderSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: East of Houston
Posts: 767
I have been calling every afternoon since Tuesday
__________________

2010 Camaro SS/RS HKE Forged 416 CID
http://www.fquick.com/ThunderZ28
510 HP/485 Ft. Lbs
ThunderSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 05:12 PM   #5
ThunderSS

 
ThunderSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: East of Houston
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezacant View Post
Someone there knows. Most of the time your salesman wont be the one in the know.
The salesman I am dealing with is the Internet sales manager.
__________________

2010 Camaro SS/RS HKE Forged 416 CID
http://www.fquick.com/ThunderZ28
510 HP/485 Ft. Lbs
ThunderSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 05:13 PM   #6
wullger

 
wullger's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Tyler, Texas
Posts: 1,548
Go over your salesman's head. It's in the dealership's best interest to deliver your car. My car arrived early in the morning on August 15th. Dealer had it rolling onto the lot about 11:30AM on August 18th. I took delivery that night, 8pm
__________________
2SS/RS IBM A6, White Rallies
1100: 4/30/09 2000: 6/30/09 3000: 6/30/09
3300: 7/15/09 TPW of 7/27! 3400: 7/22/09
3800: 7/28/09 #30334!! 4B00: 7/30/09
4200: 8/5/09
6000: DELIVERED! 8/18/09


wullger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 05:17 PM   #7
swansor
 
swansor's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS ABM
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Boca Raton, Fl
Posts: 375
Send a message via ICQ to swansor Send a message via Yahoo to swansor
I waited a week for mine. Sat in the railyard waiting for a truck...

Hang in there
swansor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 05:29 PM   #8
SSTony

 
Drives: SS Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Piscataway NJ
Posts: 1,110
Send a message via AIM to SSTony
maybe they sold it on you. I heard it happen to like 5 people already.
SSTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 05:34 PM   #9
jrboyd_1980
A ***'s Headache
 
jrboyd_1980's Avatar
 
Drives: Everything
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,188
It got unloaded from train on Monday night? Its only Thursday. IT will get there soon, they having to wait to get full truck before dropping at dealership. And unfortunately dealerships can't go and get it from railyard.
jrboyd_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 06:03 PM   #10
ThunderSS

 
ThunderSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: East of Houston
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTony View Post
maybe they sold it on you. I heard it happen to like 5 people already.
No they havn't sold it.. they have been in contact with my credit union ( i already have the financing in order)..
I have seen the Purchase order, it has my name, and Vin number.. they would have one hell of a problem if they did..
__________________

2010 Camaro SS/RS HKE Forged 416 CID
http://www.fquick.com/ThunderZ28
510 HP/485 Ft. Lbs
ThunderSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 06:22 PM   #11
CloudXTC

 
Drives: 1LT|RS|SIM|M6|BA Stereo
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 1,839
go to the sales manager... there is no way they "dont" know where your car is... there is enough damn tracking systems in this day and age...

GL hope you find her soon
__________________

1LT | RS | M6 | SIM | BA Stereo
1000 - [07-23-2009] Order Made at dealer
1100 - [08-04-2009] Preliminary order accepted
2000 - [08-25-2009] Accepted by GM
3000 - [09-01-2009] Accepted by production control TPW = 10-05-2009
3300 - [09-28-2009] Scheduled for production
3400 - [10-01-2009] Broadcast - Being Built
3800 - [10-13-2009] Produced - Built- VIN 2G1xxx54917
4200 - [10-19-2009] Shipped
5000 - [10-19-2009] Delivered to the dealer
6000 - [10-20-2009] Delivered to the customer

CloudXTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:10 PM   #12
ThunderSS

 
ThunderSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: East of Houston
Posts: 767
camarotracking also still shows it in the rail yard/truck...
__________________

2010 Camaro SS/RS HKE Forged 416 CID
http://www.fquick.com/ThunderZ28
510 HP/485 Ft. Lbs
ThunderSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:38 PM   #13
montej23

 
montej23's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 VR Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 959
Talk to Sales Manager and request to know exactly where it is
montej23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:53 PM   #14
swaugie
 
Drives: any chevy i feel like driving
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: white oak pa
Posts: 135
i know it's difficult to wait patiently but those railyards handle more than a couple cars. right now most of the plants are running hard because dealers are short on inventory so the distribution centers aren't just camaro centers. be patient and it will be everything you hoped for!
swaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:34 PM   #15
NotAnInsider
 
Drives: just sold it. Feet!
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 391
The trucking company in that area now is actually Waggoners Trucking. They are based in Oklahoma City, but ship all around Texas. Their dispatch is in OK. DBC would know that.
NotAnInsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:16 PM   #16
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074
 
trm0002's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo,NY 'burbs
Posts: 4,210
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderSS View Post
camarotracking also still shows it in the rail yard/truck...
Camarotracking only gets updates from GM through the time the vehicle is unloaded from the railcar and "consigned" to a trucking company. That's why you see "truck" and "railyard" in the same status line. Depending on the trucking company and the amount of vehicles they have to move in your direction, the car could be sitting in their storage area by the railyard, on one of their vehicles waiting for it to fill up with more vehicles, or it may actually be on its way to your dealer. Unfortunately, there is no way to know unless your dealer calls the trucking company that delivers its cars. Don't let them give you the "I don't know" crap. Their inventory manager knows damn well who delivers the cars to them. He has access to all the bills of lading that the dealership must sign for each vehicle delivered to them.

-> edit* The next information GM has access to is when the car is delivered to the dealer; that info will update on Camarotracking. None of the final delivery trucking information is available unfortunately. We tried and tried and tried to at least get GM to find a way to get us at least the name of the final trucking carriers and they just couldn't do it in the updates because "intermediate" logistics is a completely different system.
__________________
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:18 PM   #17
ThunderSS

 
ThunderSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: East of Houston
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAnInsider View Post
The trucking company in that area now is actually Waggoners Trucking. They are based in Oklahoma City, but ship all around Texas. Their dispatch is in OK. DBC would know that.
apparently this dealer does not believe in the DBC..
I have asked several times for them to call, and they say the DBC are of no help every time..
__________________

2010 Camaro SS/RS HKE Forged 416 CID
http://www.fquick.com/ThunderZ28
510 HP/485 Ft. Lbs
ThunderSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:24 PM   #18
ThunderSS

 
ThunderSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: East of Houston
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
Camarotracking only gets updates from GM through the time the vehicle is unloaded from the railcar and "consigned" to a trucking company. That's why you see "truck" and "railyard" in the same status line. Depending on the trucking company and the amount of vehicles they have to move in your direction, the car could be sitting in their storage area by the railyard, on one of their vehicles waiting for it to fill up with more vehicles, or it may actually be on its way to your dealer. Unfortunately, there is no way to know unless your dealer calls the trucking company that delivers its cars. Don't let them give you the "I don't know" crap. Their inventory manager knows damn well who delivers the cars to them. He has access to all the bills of lading that the dealership must sign for each vehicle delivered to them.
How the hell do you get them to move off of their ass?
this evening they gave me the line that it was after 5PM on the east coast and wouldn't be able to get any info. I told him that is not the case, and that they should be able to call, and be told where the car is, and what time it will be delivered. I am basically at the mercy of the dealer now.. they don't seemed to worried about how long it takes. But I have other plans in motion, and this is trowing a big wrench into them..
I have currently sold my car.. that person is waiting on me to get the new one.. he has someone buying his car, and he cant sell his until I get me new one.. now everyone is getting uptight because it a holiday weekend and it will be mid week before they can do anything.. So you see.. I am haveing to fend off people just like I guess the dealer is fending me off..
I would just like to know where it's at., and a date for it to be delivered.. is that to much to ask from a dealer.. at this rate they wont be getting a good mark on the questionnaire they will be having me fill out, for customer service..
__________________

2010 Camaro SS/RS HKE Forged 416 CID
http://www.fquick.com/ThunderZ28
510 HP/485 Ft. Lbs
ThunderSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:40 PM   #19
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074
 
trm0002's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo,NY 'burbs
Posts: 4,210
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderSS View Post
How the hell do you get them to move off of their ass?
this evening they gave me the line that it was after 5PM on the east coast and wouldn't be able to get any info. I told him that is not the case, and that they should be able to call, and be told where the car is, and what time it will be delivered. I am basically at the mercy of the dealer now.. they don't seemed to worried about how long it takes. But I have other plans in motion, and this is trowing a big wrench into them..
I have currently sold my car.. that person is waiting on me to get the new one.. he has someone buying his car, and he cant sell his until I get me new one.. now everyone is getting uptight because it a holiday weekend and it will be mid week before they can do anything.. So you see.. I am haveing to fend off people just like I guess the dealer is fending me off..
I would just like to know where it's at., and a date for it to be delivered.. is that to much to ask from a dealer.. at this rate they wont be getting a good mark on the questionnaire they will be having me fill out, for customer service..
Who is they? Go right to the desk of 1st, the inventory manager or 2nd, the sales manager if they don't have one. Explain nicely that you're not trying to be an ass but you have a situation and you need some answers. Lie and tell them that you don't care if it's a day or a week but you need to know and know that it's reliable information, not something they pulled out of the air to pacify you. Most people actually respond well in person when NICELY apprised of a "problem" that requires a solution.
__________________
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:21 AM   #20
ThunderSS

 
ThunderSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: East of Houston
Posts: 767
They being a person at the dealership.. not sure what title he had..
.. Sales manager wasn't there today. he is who I went through to order the car..
I will try him tomorrow, and see what they say.
I guess, I am just impatient.. and dont understand why it is such a secretive operation to find out some tracking info..
__________________

2010 Camaro SS/RS HKE Forged 416 CID
http://www.fquick.com/ThunderZ28
510 HP/485 Ft. Lbs
ThunderSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:36 AM   #21
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074
 
trm0002's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo,NY 'burbs
Posts: 4,210
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderSS View Post
They being a person at the dealership.. not sure what title he had..
.. Sales manager wasn't there today. he is who I went through to order the car..
I will try him tomorrow, and see what they say.
I guess, I am just impatient.. and dont understand why it is such a secretive operation to find out some tracking info..
It's not secretive. People are just lazy by nature- all of us. Part of what is wrong with society at large. That's why I highlighted "in person". 99% of the time, that actually gets someone off their ass and doing something productive.
__________________
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:59 AM   #22
CAM75
 
Drives: 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrboyd_1980 View Post
It got unloaded from train on Monday night? Its only Thursday. IT will get there soon, they having to wait to get full truck before dropping at dealership. And unfortunately dealerships can't go and get it from railyard.
What he said....seems a little early to be threatening with dinging them on a satisfaction survey or going up the management ladder.

Everyone realizes your excited to get you car but no reason to be a jerk about it...this is what they do daily so I am sure everything is under control...patience.
CAM75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 06:03 AM   #23
slacker
Troubled 40 something
 
slacker's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM RS/SS M6
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 327
I had the same problem man- mine was offloaded on a Thursday at that very yard, and didn't get shipped until the following Wednesday. It drove me nuts, just like it is you. Just about the time you give up hope, it will show up.

My sales guy called and the trucking company never would commit to him either, just kept telling him it will be soon- what the hell did that mean? Jeez. The dealers don't get worked up over it because they know, there really is nothing they can do.....I'll give sacrafice to the Camaro gods so you can get your car today.
__________________
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8680&dateline=1260288  130
slacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:16 AM   #24
Jeanius


 
Jeanius's Avatar
 
Drives: Blk/Blk LS3 SS
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Golden State
Posts: 2,458
One of the members told me that a car is supposed to be off the rail yard grounds within 72 hours of being unloaded, with the exception of Sundays and holidays, but from what I've read on this thread that doesn't seem to be true
__________________
2SS LS3 M6 - MGW - Dynatech LT's HF Cats - Magnaflow Street CB - ADM Race CAI - Pedders Xa Coilovers - Pfadt Sways
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:28 AM   #25
bologdl
 
bologdl's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT AS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 61
Patience you will get you car we all went through it and we all are driving our Camaro’s after that long waiting period. Mine was at the rail yard for two weeks before getting delivery. The fun start on your first drive home and all of the looks you get. It will be well worth the wait.

Last edited by bologdl; 09-04-2009 at 10:03 PM.
bologdl is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Unreal.. from a dealer City Chevrolet 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 37 11-09-2008 12:30 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.