Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2009, 05:32 AM   #35
salohi
 
salohi's Avatar
 
Drives: 90 Black Camaro, 02 Sable
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: KSA
Posts: 127
great
__________________
2SS/RS
Black/Black
6Spd. Aut.
salohi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:12 AM   #36
ADM PERFORMANCE

 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 #138
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DfW - Texas
Posts: 4,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
WOW. And that's the L99, crazy. I can't wait to get my fifth gen!!!

It is a LS-3 Manual car.
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 12:26 AM   #37
PoleCat2SSRS2010
R6P Marketing Lab Rat
 
PoleCat2SSRS2010's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SSRS for weekends mostly
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 328
All that torque and hp still make me wonder about the rest of the drive train. I have already heard of M6s rolling over the teeth on their synchros.
I still believe that A6s will need the 5 pinion planetaries, improved sprags, clutch packs and a multi disc converter to withstand the greater plans.

And by the way, who ordered al dente' or is that a Enzo sandwich between the American cars? Just kidding, good work.
__________________
PoleCat2SSRS2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 01:45 AM   #38
BumbleDs
 
BumbleDs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/SS TF Edition
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 629
My dealer (Karl Chevy) in Iowa, offers a supercharger that ads 120hp & tq for 950. Can that be beat?
BumbleDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:29 AM   #39
Nine Ball


 
Nine Ball's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 & 2011 Camaro SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,846
Nice dyno curves there, very smooth. Can't wait to get some free time to install my TVS2300, it has been here for a few weeks now sitting in the box.
Nine Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:20 AM   #40
freemaSSon
Pat @ ADM PERFORMANCE
 
freemaSSon's Avatar
 
Drives: CGM SS/RS M6
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Prosper, TX
Posts: 507
DAMN....I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MINE DONE
__________________
"old age and treachery will always overcome youth and ambition"
author unknown


"There are two types of racers: cheaters...and losers."
Smokey Yunick


freemaSSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 01:02 PM   #41
Crowley
Okie doke
 
Crowley's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 GT500
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: McKinney Texas
Posts: 3,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemaSSon View Post
DAMN....I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MINE DONE
Then stop waiting and go do it

Crowley
__________________
Crowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:53 PM   #42
Speed74SS

 
Speed74SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Posts: 1,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleDs View Post
My dealer (Karl Chevy) in Iowa, offers a supercharger that ads 120hp & tq for 950. Can that be beat?
For 950? I doubt it. I ordered my car from Karl Chev and they didn't have anything like that at that time. You will be lucky to get a cat back for $950.
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:11 PM   #43
Matt TuneTime

 
Drives: 2008 G8 gt / 2010 Camaro L99
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lakewood
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codefive View Post
How did the fuel system hold up? Did you modify it? if so, what did you do?
I've heard that once you get around 600-ish RWHP, the car runs out of fuel pressure.
They don't ... See below

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
We put a kenne bell boost a pump on all of our magnacharger builds.

Andy
Right ... Nice Build Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
Your out of injector(Ls9) at 600rwhp.
Yes sir ...
Matt TuneTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:44 PM   #44
ADM PERFORMANCE

 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 #138
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DfW - Texas
Posts: 4,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt TuneTime View Post
They don't ... See below

Right ... Nice Build Andy

Yes sir ...

Thanks Matt....

Andy
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:09 PM   #45
Streetking
 
Streetking's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: austin, tx.
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoleCat2SSRS2010 View Post
All that torque and hp still make me wonder about the rest of the drive train. I have already heard of M6s rolling over the teeth on their synchros.
I still believe that A6s will need the 5 pinion planetaries, improved sprags, clutch packs and a multi disc converter to withstand the greater plans.

And by the way, who ordered al dente' or is that a Enzo sandwich between the American cars? Just kidding, good work.
I wish, just a F430..

SW
__________________
Streetking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 04:17 PM   #46
hot ss

 
hot ss's Avatar
 
Drives: aqua 2ss l99
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,217
just....

my buddy has a new one he keeps at his summer lake house....

i luvs the paddles way better than the camaro's.
__________________
May your exhaust note, sing in harmony with your blower.
hot ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:29 PM   #47
ADM PERFORMANCE

 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 #138
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DfW - Texas
Posts: 4,558
ADM Stage 2 Blower cam makes same power less boost

Just a little change to the 2010 Camaro owned by SW in Austin TX.

SW wanted a little chop to go with his beautiful Black Camaro as well as a 100% pump gas setup with slightly less boost.

Here is what we ended up with after the new cam and 2 dyno pulls later:


New Cam and tune,updated ADM Intake system,7.5 psi ,Pump gas


Original setup ADM Intake system,9-10+ psi , 100 octane



http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/k...t=DSCF1491.flv

Very good sound out of this car...Idles at 850

ANDY
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:04 PM   #48
Streetking
 
Streetking's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: austin, tx.
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
Just a little change to the 2010 Camaro owned by SW in Austin TX.

SW wanted a little chop to go with his beautiful Black Camaro as well as a 100% pump gas setup with slightly less boost.

Here is what we ended up with after the new cam and 2 dyno pulls later:


New Cam and tune,updated ADM Intake system,7.5 psi ,Pump gas


Original setup ADM Intake system,9-10+ psi , 100 octane



http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/k...t=DSCF1491.flv

Very good sound out of this car...Idles at 850

ANDY
Damn Andy, can't wait to get it back tomorrow! The only problem I see is, I wanted less torque down low.. I guess I can live with it.

SW
__________________

Last edited by Streetking; 09-19-2009 at 08:57 PM.
Streetking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:46 PM   #49
Crowley
Okie doke
 
Crowley's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 GT500
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: McKinney Texas
Posts: 3,645
its a monster
__________________
Crowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 08:10 PM   #50
Z_Rocks

 
Z_Rocks's Avatar
 
Drives: everyone crazy...
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 1,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetking View Post
Damn Ansy, can't wait to get it back tomorrow! The only problem I see is, I wanted less torque down low.. I guess I can live with it.

SW
SW, I think you would be the best person to ask this question. Having a ZR1 (LS9 + TVS2300) and Camaro (LS3 + TVS2300), which feels stronger in power delivery? That was a very smart move bringing the tune down to 93 octane and less boost. Much safer!
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:02 PM   #51
Streetking
 
Streetking's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: austin, tx.
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
SW, I think you would be the best person to ask this question. Having a ZR1 (LS9 + TVS2300) and Camaro (LS3 + TVS2300), which feels stronger in power delivery? That was a very smart move bringing the tune down to 93 octane and less boost. Much safer!
The ZR1 feels faster because its alot lighter than the Camaro. I have been driving the Camaro around and cannot believe how fast it is and how much fun it is to drive. It blows the 315s through second gear. I am hooked on this car and we are not done with it, but for now I want to drive it for a while and send Andy the ZR1. We are making plans for it now.

SW
__________________
Streetking is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.