Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
SDPC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2010, 05:22 AM   #141
camero

 
Drives: IOM V6 RS 38808
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: S.Detroit, Ontario
Posts: 776
What is that a 'teaser' post or something??? Whens the show!
__________________
I've known how to spell Camaro since before you were born.
camero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:47 AM   #142
2SSRS@Gen5diy

 
2SSRS@Gen5diy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS IOM ,2014 Z/28, 66 Nova
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: By the lake in AZ
Posts: 13,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Ofer, I came up with a new way to do ABL...and it's BAD ASS. I'm going to post it all up, but you are going to have to try it out...see what you think...
__________________
<img src=images/smilies/thumbdown.gif border=0 alt= title=Thumbdown class=inlineimg />
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:17 AM   #143
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover
 
calbert1999's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario (Canada)
Posts: 2,863
Dude. You're good, I'm too skerred to drill holes in my beautiful vehicle.
I've got a few minor key or tool scratches on my driver side door panel from a tech on a previous project, and I'm pissed to the max about it.
In any case if I can drum up enough guts to do this, I'm sure it will look awesome.
Question though, it's not clear to me why you pulled off the drivers side dash panel, can you clarify? Thanks.
__________________
2010 Camaro SS, P1SC SuperCharged Livernois LSX429ci., 1 7/8" LT Headers, full 3" MBRP exhaust, SPI built/tuned, a total
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:43 AM   #144
2SSRS@Gen5diy

 
2SSRS@Gen5diy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS IOM ,2014 Z/28, 66 Nova
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: By the lake in AZ
Posts: 13,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
Dude. You're good, I'm too skerred to drill holes in my beautiful vehicle.
I've got a few minor key or tool scratches on my driver side door panel from a tech on a previous project, and I'm pissed to the max about it.
In any case if I can drum up enough guts to do this, I'm sure it will look awesome.
Question though, it's not clear to me why you pulled off the drivers side dash panel, can you clarify? Thanks.
That is where one of the light connector is on the early Vin cars,(below 9160000)
__________________
<img src=images/smilies/thumbdown.gif border=0 alt= title=Thumbdown class=inlineimg />
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:17 AM   #145
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 26,579
I'll write it up. I am waiting on the new panels to come in.

We installed the ABL on Mikes car 2010ABM here in town and did no drilling of any kind. I had to loosen ONE screw...and that was it. Light pipes are in. Lights are fastened. Dash part will go in on his car tomorrow and voila! I have it on my car right now and it's awesome. But....DO NOT CUT THE BACKS OF THE PANELS OR SAND ANY FREAKING MORE.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 11:59 AM   #146
TJ91
:chevy:
 
TJ91's Avatar
 
Drives: 2LT/RS
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 13,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I'll write it up. I am waiting on the new panels to come in.

We installed the ABL on Mikes car 2010ABM here in town and did no drilling of any kind. I had to loosen ONE screw...and that was it. Light pipes are in. Lights are fastened. Dash part will go in on his car tomorrow and voila! I have it on my car right now and it's awesome. But....DO NOT CUT THE BACKS OF THE PANELS OR SAND ANY FREAKING MORE.

Oh and your sig just makes me drool
Cant wait for the write up, get your popcorn folks
__________________
CAMARO
Consult your doctor before taking Camaro
Side effects include Sudden increase in Heart Rate, Insomnia and occasional hallucinations
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:31 PM   #147
R6P

 
R6P's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Quahog, Rhode Island
Posts: 1,161
__________________
R6P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 02:36 AM   #148
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 26,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post

Oh and your sig just makes me drool
Cant wait for the write up, get your popcorn folks
Thanks!

I'll get crackin' on it as soon as I get my parts in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTech View Post
Just need to find some time. Maybe on Sunday I'll get it knocked out. Shoot...I'm dropping off the car on Monday and will need pictures of it. Better yet, I need to get pix of Mikes car for pix. D@MNIT! Maybe Sun or Mon. We'll get it knocked out.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 07:28 PM   #149
Blackend SS
Mauricio
 
Blackend SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black!
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Antonio ,Texas
Posts: 452
I still need to do this as I am getting a little bored with my interior and my dash needs to be "enlightend"
__________________
6000, Delivered to the customer(10-22-09)
Blackend SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:23 AM   #150
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 26,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackend SS View Post
I still need to do this as I am getting a little bored with my interior and my dash needs to be "enlightend"
Just lemme get some pix and you will be VERY happy!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:04 AM   #151
HopeRidesAlone

 
HopeRidesAlone's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 835
That would be perfect the only reason i havent done this is becasue i didnt want to drill a hole
HopeRidesAlone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:50 AM   #152
buzzy56
buzzy56
 
buzzy56's Avatar
 
Drives: 2ss summit white L99
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: paradise
Posts: 1,114
Can't wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Ofer, I came up with a new way to do ABL...and it's BAD ASS. I'm going to post it all up, but you are going to have to try it out...see what you think...
Can't wait for the update and pics/how to.Sound's like my cup of tea.Hated the thought of sanding and ruining the inserts attempting this mod.
__________________
OLD SCHOOL / NEW SCHOOL COOL
buzzy56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:19 AM   #153
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 26,579
I'm going to meet up with Mike (2010ABM) tomorrow and we are going to take pix of his install. When I get that, I'll do the write up. i was surprised at how easy it was and now that there is no sanding, will be THAT much easier!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:58 AM   #154
FrankT
400HP used to be enough..
 
FrankT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS rs manual
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Central NC
Posts: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I'm going to meet up with Mike (2010ABM) tomorrow and we are going to take pix of his install. When I get that, I'll do the write up. i was surprised at how easy it was and now that there is no sanding, will be THAT much easier!
Can't wait for this! I ruined a dash piece months ago trying the sanding technique. I had given up on this until now.
__________________
Currently in the fleet... 2010 ZR1 Corvette, 2014 Cadillac CTS-V, 2010 Camaro SS single turbo, 2006 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax, 1967 Camaro SS350, 1969 Camaro SS427.

Build thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47925
FrankT is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
V8 Camaro Performance Upgrades List Milk 1027 Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 89 02-20-2015 08:43 PM
EXHAUST Milk 1027 Wiki 2 03-07-2010 09:20 PM
IMPORTANT Part 1 Warranty Disputes Zeus Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls 11 08-25-2009 11:37 AM
got my new Camaro today pictures included !! yesno20102ssblack Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 33 05-02-2009 10:05 AM
First Camaro Impressions (Pictures Included) --- Red Jewel Tintcoat! dect Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 80 01-27-2009 06:45 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.