Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 10-23-2010, 01:44 PM   #1
Hemlawk
AwesomeBillDawesonville

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS =)
Went to the dealer today, not impressed...

I went to a local dealer today to talk shop with a salesman about my up coming purchase. They ignored me for 10 minutes before approaching me, which is sometimes a nice thing, but it bugged me today. Anyway, someone finally walks my way to assist me. I told the guy I want to purchase after the new year because Im saving for a dp. He said he cant give me any prices because he doesnt know what "Programs" they will be running any given months. I asked him if they had any allocations, he responded that they sell 400 cars a month and get new ones all the time(didnt answer my question). I then asked him if they match other dealers prices or offer GM preferred price, he said they COULD match prices only if they are within reason.

pfft! whatever! That guy pissed me off... especially with his weird accent... haha.

I have 2 more dealerships to visit before I start talks with our Cam5 W.I. dealers.

Order placed on 1/13/11 - Purchased 2/22/11 2SS/RS CGM
Hemlawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 02:02 PM   #2
y2k king

Drives: 2011 ss camaro
i found the best deal i could in this part of the state and contacted all the others with the results...3 offered to match so i picked the closest. did it all without leavin the house.
Old 10-23-2010, 02:03 PM   #3
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Yeah another reason I am glad I moved away from Jersey. Alot of people up there are just mean to busy for anybody but themselves jerks. Coming from Kansas it was culture shock. Living in the South folks are even nice than Kansas. Amazing.

Good luck on finding a car and a decent dealer. If you do not, CamaroScott and Becky@Rodgers Chevy are both great sales folks at good dealership.
2013 2SS, GM Strut Tower Brace, CAI Intake Black, VMAX TB, Elite Catch Can, Hotchkis Chassis Brace, Hurst Shifter, 3.91 1LE Complete Rear End, NPP, 1LE Track Pack,Factory Reproductions Style 41 ZL1 Fitment Wheels 10" on all 4 corners
Scott@Bjorn3D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 02:05 PM   #4
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Yep...LOTS of cars shipped to Jersey - and in stock ones at no charge!
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 02:06 PM   #5
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
good luck
Old 10-23-2010, 02:23 PM   #6
Hemlawk
AwesomeBillDawesonville

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS =)
Thanks guys! Honestly though, i hate going to these dealerships.

Hey Scotty, newbie question for ya. If I ordered from one of you guys in WI, do I have to pay the Destination fee and shipping?

Order placed on 1/13/11 - Purchased 2/22/11 2SS/RS CGM
Hemlawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 02:31 PM   #7
Entaille

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
pal, you will notice that salesmen do not give a $hit if you aren't there to buy the car today. it sucks. instead of securing a relationship with you for a future purchase, they just assume they won't get a sale from you so don't care to talk with you too much.

not saying all salesmen are like that, but the majority are.

Entaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 02:34 PM   #8
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlawk View Post
Thanks guys! Honestly though, i hate going to these dealerships.

Hey Scotty, newbie question for ya. If I ordered from one of you guys in WI, do I have to pay the Destination fee and shipping?
You'll pay that everywhere....no getting out of it.
Old 10-23-2010, 02:49 PM   #9
Entaille

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
one more thing .. if no one approaches you and you need a sales person, just ask the receptionist to get you someone. they will take care of you quickly that way.

Entaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 02:52 PM   #10
el ess A
formerly "el ess X"

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Or start fugging around opening hoods etc. on a Corvette or other high dollar car in the showroom. They'll come running. Works EVERY time.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=139490  3951
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 02:53 PM   #11
Fabio
Camaro 2LT RS Black IOI

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Hello everyone,

I ordered a 2011 2LT Camaro on 10/17/10 and called the dealership several times about getting an order number. I got no responses and they kept brushing me off? I called GM customer service today and asked why? Later, I got a call from the dealer with the order number (they were called by GM).
When I tracked the order it showed my order as being placed today? The dealer kept saying "don't worry we put the order in" but I think they never did. Why would they do this?
Fabio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 03:01 PM   #12
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

They may have put the order in, but if it doesn't go to a 2000 status, they don't have allocation to get it built. There are MANY ways to check a status - just ask any dealer here
Old 10-23-2010, 03:31 PM   #13
VetteGirl

Drives: 2011 2LT-RS & 2007 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
Or start fugging around opening hoods etc. on a Corvette or other high dollar car in the showroom. They'll come running. Works EVERY time.
I must remember this! I've been in my local dealership waiting on my Corvette in service and wanted to talk with a salesman about Camaro. They wouldn't give me the time of day and they didn't know I was waiting on service. I guess I didn't look serious enough.
Old 10-23-2010, 03:33 PM   #14
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

You can never underestimate the buying power of someone by their dress OR their age. I sold a Z06 to someone in their late 20's
Old 10-23-2010, 03:44 PM   #15
3CamarosOnHand

Drives: 2010 SS/RS ABM
OP if you want a first hand account of how Camaro scotty works contact Daphatgrant . He ordered his car from scott and went out there to pick it up. Josh will tell you the rest of the details. You wont be sorry
Old 10-23-2010, 04:14 PM   #16
The Flash

Drives: Firebird 95, Equinox 05, Camaro 2SS
Think ahead, beyond the purchase price

Hemlawk:

If you have been visiting this forum for a while you might have noticed a big problem with the 2010 CAMARO: no, there is nothing wrong with the car imho (it has the normal minor foibles you expect from any manufacturer of a new product, including Aston Martin or Lamborghini).

The hidden problem is the service department of the dealership: some excell and some others,...well let's say in some cases you feel like getting a pair of locks and closing up the whole damned shop to protect other innocent buyers from your own misfortune.

Sadly GM has not been successful at keeping a standard of service across their brand dealerships at a high level such as say, AUDI or PORSCHE.

So when you shop around in the US, where you are blessed with lots of dealerships to chose from, it will serve you well to find information from customers on their after-purchase experience with a particular dealership.

Attitude and willingness to honor the car's manufacturer guarantee are paramount yardsticks. That might even compensate for paying a bit more at the sales desk when closing the purchase transaction.

Just a suggestion, I'm sure you will look into this carefully but I wanted to bring this into your mental picture.

Best of luck,

The Flash
Old 10-23-2010, 04:16 PM   #17
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
Hemlawk:

If you have been visiting this forum for a while you might have noticed a big problem with the 2010 CAMARO: no, there is nothing wrong with the car imho (it has the normal minor foibles you expect from any manufacturer of a new product, including Aston Martin or Lamborghini).

The hidden problem is the service department of the dealership: some excell and some others,...well let's say in some cases you feel like getting a pair of locks and closing up the whole damned shop to protect other innocent buyers from your own misfortune.

Sadly GM has not been successful at keeping a standard of service across their brand dealerships at a high level such as say, AUDI or PORSCHE.

So when you shop around in the US, where you are blessed with lots of dealerships to chose from, it will serve you well to find information from customers on their after-purchase experience with a particular dealership.

Attitude and willingness to honor the car's manufacturer guarantee are paramount yardsticks. That might even compensate for paying a bit more at the sales desk when closing the purchase transaction.

Just a suggestion, I'm sure you will look into this carefully but I wanted to bring this into your mental picture.

Best of luck,

The Flash
We're equally as proud to have a service department that is the highest CSI rated in the zone.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:19 PM   #18
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
I had to go to 5 dealers last year before I found one that I felt secure with. Many car salesman are dopes who would just as well be selling TV's if the commission was the same. I finally found one who was truely interested in the Camaro.
I don't think anyone should be paying MSRP or above now- Too many Camaros on the road now, and I think orders must be leveling off.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:40 PM   #19
ws6jim

Drives: American
pm sent
ws6jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:55 AM   #20
leonardo
SoCal HT5 [COTW 11/24/13]

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS / Ducati 1198s
hmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlawk View Post
I went to a local dealer today to talk shop with a salesman about my up coming purchase. They ignored me for 10 minutes before approaching me, which is sometimes a nice thing, but it bugged me today. Anyway, someone finally walks my way to assist me. I told the guy I want to purchase after the new year because Im saving for a dp. He said he cant give me any prices because he doesnt know what "Programs" they will be running any given months. I asked him if they had any allocations, he responded that they sell 400 cars a month and get new ones all the time(didnt answer my question). I then asked him if they match other dealers prices or offer GM preferred price, he said they COULD match prices only if they are within reason.

pfft! whatever! That guy pissed me off... especially with his weird accent... haha.

I have 2 more dealerships to visit before I start talks with our Cam5 W.I. dealers.

By any chance did the guy look like this ?
Attached Images

Old 10-27-2010, 09:23 AM   #21
robsls3
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post

That didnt work for me when I went looking. I was even in my best business suit coming home from work one day. 9 salesman in the showroom and 2 other customers in it also. Not 1 person came over after 30 minutes looking at a IOM 2010 2SS and a 150k vette.
robsls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:01 PM   #22
Fabio
Camaro 2LT RS Black IOI

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
They may have put the order in, but if it doesn't go to a 2000 status, they don't have allocation to get it built. There are MANY ways to check a status - just ask any dealer here
Thanks CamaroScotty. I think your right because I checked my status yesterday and I'm at status 3000! So it's moving along nicely! I've never been this excited about a car!
Fabio is offline   Reply With Quote