Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Flowmaster Exhaust
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery All Camaro related pictures, videos and other assorted media.

Old 05-17-2008, 03:20 PM   #151
JaysonAych

Drives: 2002 Dodge Stratus
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
OTOH, Shunt could also be the last guy to ask Fbodfather about the headlights

I like that explanation better
JaysonAych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 03:27 PM   #152
JaysonAych

Drives: 2002 Dodge Stratus
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
I like the interior, but I am dissapointed the speedometer uses 1969 font with 20 mph increments and small, tiny, squeezed hash marks for each mph.

That's one thing GM should NOT do retro. I sure hope they change the speedo font and increments before production. Every car built today should have large, easy to read at a glance markers that are in 10 mph increments and nice spacing between hash marks.
Yeah, I'm also concerned about how easy those gauges are going to be to read. I used to have a Hyundai Elantra that had its speedo in 20 MPH increments, but it was very easy to read because of the design of the hash marks and size and font used for the numerals. Of course, that car had a much more utilitarian purpose than the Camaro, but still, there's certainly a better way to do the design of the Camaro's gauges and still maintain an appropriate look and feel for the car.
JaysonAych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 04:49 PM   #153
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Great site, couldn't hold my tongue any longer.
1) I'm surprised you folks missed the rear view mirror.
2) B-pillar; Door post?
3) Someone thump the doors and front fenders with a knuckle, tell me if it rings or thuds... I gotta know.
4) I like those headlights!

The A/C vents can be round ducts with tennis balls shoved in em to divert the air for all I care, and the radio won't be seeing much "on" time either, it wrecks the exhaust sound. The console gauges are almost perfect, just tilt them toward the driver. One more thing...PLEASE DON'T put adjustable pedals in the manual trans car, my wife can't drive it if she can't reach the pedals
Mr Twisty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 04:56 PM   #154
storm79

Drives: 2007 GMC Sierra
is that a screen tho or is it a sticker...
Old 05-17-2008, 04:56 PM   #155
TheMadHatter99
Kept the Faith

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Great site, couldn't hold my tongue any longer.
1) I'm surprised you folks missed the rear view mirror.
2) B-pillar; Door post?
3) Someone thump the doors and front fenders with a knuckle, tell me if it rings or thuds... I gotta know.
4) I like those headlights!

The A/C vents can be round ducts with tennis balls shoved in em to divert the air for all I care, and the radio won't be seeing much "on" time either, it wrecks the exhaust sound. The console gauges are almost perfect, just tilt them toward the driver. One more thing...PLEASE DON'T put adjustable pedals in the manual trans car, my wife can't drive it if she can't reach the pedals
Good point. Is that really the mirror or maybe sunglasses hanging down?

I hope its the mirror, cause that looks cool as hell!
Old 05-17-2008, 05:01 PM   #156
AirGoya

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by storm79 View Post
I dont think it looks anything like a screen. It's def a peice of paper placed on the dash with a big peice of tape over it.

AirGoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 05:11 PM   #157
phillip72699
Cams 4 life!

Drives: 2002 Z-28 Camaro
Hi everyone I am new to the Camaro5.com thread and come here quite often looking at the pics of the new Cam and read alot of the threads on here...just wanted to say hi and look forward to talking to you guys.

Let me just say that the interior looks good and I do believe will be even more improved on...in Chevrolet we trust right? I like alot of you cannot wait to get my hands on this beast! I believe this new generation of Camaro's will be the very best yet to come. Cams 4 life
phillip72699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 06:27 PM   #158
Mr Twisty

Sure it's the mirror, look close it even says F O R D on it to show the engineers where the mustang goes
Old 05-17-2008, 07:51 PM   #159
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
Okey, I gotta question, I've looked the pics over again. Now look at the first pic, now look at the lever? behind the steering wheel and above where the ignition switch is, on the end of that stalk there's a rocker switch on the end of it, any ideas what that is or could be for? Radio volume?
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 07:52 PM   #160
Teflon_Drill

Drives: 92 Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to Teflon_Drill
Speedometer

Easiest way to deal with the speedometer hash mark spacing..is to not use one I prefer to just use the tach..1'st gear-1K, 2nd gear-2k, 3rd gear-3k, 4th gear-4k, 5th gear-5k, and 6th gear-6k Granted, speed limits are likely to be broken with this method; but that's why I've started sucking up to a local judge.
Teflon_Drill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 07:58 PM   #161
Mr Twisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jak View Post
Okey, I gotta question, I've looked the pics over again. Now look at the first pic, now look at the lever? behind the steering wheel and above where the ignition switch is, on the end of that stalk there's a rocker switch on the end of it, any ideas what that is or could be for? Radio volume?
I'd guess the stalk is windshield wiper, possibly wiper delay.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:17 PM   #162
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Drives: Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon_Drill View Post
Easiest way to deal with the speedometer hash mark spacing..is to not use one I prefer to just use the tach..1'st gear-1K, 2nd gear-2k, 3rd gear-3k, 4th gear-4k, 5th gear-5k, and 6th gear-6k Granted, speed limits are likely to be broken with this method; but that's why I've started sucking up to a local judge.
It's gonna take you a long time to get going...I think you need "6k" in each gear!
z28camaro2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 08:28 PM   #163
Teflon_Drill

Drives: 92 Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to Teflon_Drill
sure, 6k for accelerating
Teflon_Drill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 09:24 PM   #164
AirGoya

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillip72699 View Post
Hi everyone I am new to the Camaro5.com thread and come here quite often looking at the pics of the new Cam and read alot of the threads on here...just wanted to say hi and look forward to talking to you guys.

Let me just say that the interior looks good and I do believe will be even more improved on...in Chevrolet we trust right? I like alot of you cannot wait to get my hands on this beast! I believe this new generation of Camaro's will be the very best yet to come. Cams 4 life
Welcome Phillip from everyone at Camaro5. We're glad you decided to join in the discussion finally.

I think you're right. It may be getting close to the release, but i think there are still little things GM is going to alter about the interior seen here.

AirGoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 11:19 PM   #165
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2013 Acadia Denali
i love that steering wheel!

2012 Porsche Panamera 4
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 11:47 PM   #166
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 1999 GMC Envoy
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadHatter99 View Post
Good point. Is that really the mirror or maybe sunglasses hanging down?

I hope its the mirror, cause that looks cool as hell!
all you're seeing is the bottom of the mirror. if you look close enough, you'll notice that its the same mirror as the one from the first interior pix from way back. looky here, and you can tell, i hope . just look at the shape of the botoom of the mirror in the first pic, then compare it to the second. i could be wrong tho, i dunno.

also, i think they need to incorperate a "HOLY S**T" bar on the passenger side, that way whoever is riding with you, has something to hold on to while they are yelling HOLY S**T as you are beating a mustang's @$$
Old 05-18-2008, 08:20 AM   #167
Mr Twisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm79 View Post
Sticker
Old 05-18-2008, 08:41 AM   #168
Mr Twisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Lives On View Post
all you're seeing is the bottom of the mirror. if you look close enough, you'll notice that its the same mirror as the one from the first interior pix from way back. looky here, and you can tell, i hope . just look at the shape of the botoom of the mirror in the first pic, then compare it to the second. i could be wrong tho, i dunno.

also, i think they need to incorperate a "HOLY S**T" bar on the passenger side, that way whoever is riding with you, has something to hold on to while they are yelling HOLY S**T as you are beating a mustang's @$$
You're right. First glance it looked like Jordy from Star Trek forgot his sunglasses
Old 05-18-2008, 08:38 PM   #169
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
You're right. First glance it looked like Jordy from Star Trek forgot his sunglasses
I'm digging your sense of humor so far, welcome to the site.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 09:19 PM   #170
CHVY4LF
Chevrolet For Life!!

Drives: 07 Chevrolet Silverado Classic
Looking real good. Cant wait to see a 6 speed and also to get my own

Future Plate: PNYHNTR
Camaro of Choice: 2010 SS 6.2L 6M IOM
Current Ride: 2007 Silverado Classic Ext. Cab 5.3L DBM

CHVY4LF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 09:22 PM   #171
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 1999 GMC Envoy
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
I'm digging your sense of humor so far, welcome to the site.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:08 PM   #172
Dark Eric

Drives: 1998 Pontiac Firebird
Thanks for the photos! They look great! I'm worried about the radio design, it looks like the heater controls abd the radio are almost one unit, what about aftermarket radios? Steering wheel radio controls a la 4th generation Camaro/Firebird? Where are they? Can anyone explain? Thanks. -Eric
Old 05-19-2008, 02:48 AM   #173
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: THRSS #2 / CGM#1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Eric View Post
Thanks for the photos! They look great! I'm worried about the radio design, it looks like the heater controls abd the radio are almost one unit, what about aftermarket radios? Steering wheel radio controls a la 4th generation Camaro/Firebird? Where are they? Can anyone explain? Thanks. -Eric
Man, just about EVERY automaker is building factory stereos where you can't take them out and pop in an aftermarket stereo. Besides, we all know what aftermarket means....higher probability that your car will get broken into and your $500 stereo ripped out.

Keep the original look. But a JL cleansweep or other brand, run some RCA's back to a couple amps and add a couple subs. Done. clean "original" look from the outside. Ear damaging bass and crystal clear highs hidden in the inside. Trust me...
The build of THRSS #2
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 07:57 AM   #174
Mr Twisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Man, just about EVERY automaker is building factory stereos where you can't take them out and pop in an aftermarket stereo.
Thanks for the welcome folks...I too am surprised they don't have a simple flat double-din opening they design to, knowing a good percentage of folks are going to go aftermarket. The stereo's they're putting in the cars are gobs better than they were even 10 years ago so I tend to leave em alone, but if I were 20 (okay 30) years younger I'd be rattlin windows and pissin off old geezers crankin up Cheech n Chongs "Gonna go Downtown" ...Who remembers that classic?

"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time."
"I was doing fine until about mid-corner when I ran out of talent."
"Don't brake until you see God, just don't meet him"
Old 05-19-2008, 09:55 AM   #175
Blizzard
Searching for the truth

Drives: 85 K-10
^^I too am a bit surprised by this radio.^^

I liked the concept version a lot and it too had the radio controls and A/C controls as one. Its just I feel like I have seen this radio before in a much cheaper car. I have hope that it will be changed seeing there hasn't been any really new pics of the interior. (These are just better pics of the spy ones from before) But if not I will be removing this radio and custom making a concept style one and when I do complete this I will post pics and offer to do the same for others.
Blizzard is offline   Reply With Quote