Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2009, 12:38 AM   #1
mrcowboy
 
mrcowboy's Avatar
 
Drives: SS Camaro RJT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South TEXAS
Posts: 508
2009 base C6 vs 2010 Camaro SS...

Prices are narrowing quite a bit between the two cars...which would you guys rather own???
__________________
mrcowboy is offline  
Old 09-08-2009, 12:54 AM   #2
211269
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcowboy View Post
Prices are narrowing quite a bit between the two cars...which would you guys rather own???

Are you serious? The only way I would take the SS over the Vette is if I absolutely needed a back seat.
211269 is offline  
Old 09-08-2009, 01:03 AM   #3
sav1
 
sav1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Corvette Z06
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by 211269 View Post
Are you serious? The only way I would take the SS over the Vette is if I absolutely needed a back seat.
same here.. already thinking of selling ss for a vette
sav1 is offline  
Old 09-08-2009, 01:06 AM   #4
mrcowboy
 
mrcowboy's Avatar
 
Drives: SS Camaro RJT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South TEXAS
Posts: 508
Yes i'm dead serious...right now I'm choosing the Camaro over a new Vette. The price is roughly the same for both vehicles and its making me think twice though. I have the money for either one.

I have two children one which turns 2 in a couple of months and a 7 year old. The extra backseat comes in handy in case of an emergency if i'm driving my Camaro..advantage Camaro.

...I do however, have a 2005 f150 4x4 supercab as a daily driver which is paid off so this car is going to be my toy...advantage Corvette.

Styling favors the Camaro due to it being a new model vs a mid model.

Performance favors the Corvette...

Engine LS3 vs LS2 favors the Camaro...

Wife likes the Camaro much more than the Corvette...(old story met me in one while I was in highschool...advantage Camaro.

My plan is to roll my cash into a CD and pay off the Camaro in 4 years...I will earn 2.5% on my CD and pay 4% on my auto loan....In 4 years I plan on using the CD money again and buy a Corvette 2013 when it comes out...am I crazy???

edit* with so many Camaros being built and flooding the market, resale heavily favors the Corvette, which makes it easier for me to turn it in and get something much nicer...ie...65k-70 sports car...
__________________
mrcowboy is offline  
Old 09-08-2009, 01:21 AM   #5
211269
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcowboy View Post
Yes i'm dead serious...right now I'm choosing the Camaro over a new Vette. The price is roughly the same for both vehicles and its making me think twice though. I have the money for either one.

I have two children one which turns 2 in a couple of months and a 7 year old. The extra backseat comes in handy in case of an emergency if i'm driving my Camaro..advantage Camaro.

...I do however, have a 2005 f150 4x4 supercab as a daily driver which is paid off so this car is going to be my toy...advantage Corvette.

Styling favors the Camaro due to it being a new model vs a mid model.

Performance favors the Corvette...

Engine LS3 vs LS2 favors the Camaro...

Wife likes the Camaro much more than the Corvette...(old story met me in one while I was in highschool...advantage Camaro.

My plan is to roll my cash into a CD and pay off the Camaro in 4 years...I will earn 2.5% on my CD and pay 4% on my auto loan....In 4 years I plan on using the CD money again and buy a Corvette 2013 when it comes out...am I crazy???

edit* with so many Camaros being built and flooding the market, resale heavily favors the Corvette, which makes it easier for me to turn it in and get something much nicer...ie...65k-70 sports car...
No dude. Everything but a backseat favors the Vette. LS2? The new Vettes have the LS3 since 2008. The Vette is quicker, lighter, handles better, brakes better....I could go on. Looks are subjective.
211269 is offline  
Old 09-08-2009, 01:23 AM   #6
mrcowboy
 
mrcowboy's Avatar
 
Drives: SS Camaro RJT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South TEXAS
Posts: 508
What made you choose the camaro over the vette 211??? If I may ask?
__________________
mrcowboy is offline  
Old 09-08-2009, 01:30 AM   #7
211269
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcowboy View Post
What made you choose the camaro over the vette 211??? If I may ask?
Well I had a V6 Camaro, was hoping it would be fast enough but I missed the V8. Looking to get an SS now. I dont own a Vette because I am 6'1 270 lbs and its just not comfortable enough for me to ride in more than 10 minutes, or I would have one.
211269 is offline  
Old 09-08-2009, 01:39 AM   #8
mrcowboy
 
mrcowboy's Avatar
 
Drives: SS Camaro RJT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South TEXAS
Posts: 508
I was worried about fitting in the car, but I recently went down from 240 to 195 in weight..i'm 5'11 so I don't think headroom will be much of a problem. I think the headroom is actually better in the vette, but i'm sure the seat has got to be tighter.

Did you already get rid of your camaro?!? If you did and are looking for an SS I have seen some dealers advertise at MSRP. I'm not sure if any are located in CA, but theres a dealer in texas. If you qualify for a discount some dealers are even accepting that...college grad program and credit union discounts...
__________________
mrcowboy is offline  
Old 09-08-2009, 01:42 AM   #9
211269
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 113
Thanks but I am in Cali. Wont be financing, will be buying outfight. Let me know if you hear of anything out this way and keep us posted with what you decide. Thanks
211269 is offline  
Old 09-08-2009, 02:41 AM   #10
DarricSS

 
DarricSS's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 Camaro SS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Gilbert, Arizona
Posts: 1,047
If you have the money for either of them I would get what you want to be seen in and fits your personality best.

If you want a sports car get the vette.

If you want a sport coupe that you can take your kids for a spin in with you as well as bring back memories of when you met your wife, get the Camaro.

The Vette is an awesome sports car, but around here where I live guys that drive Vett's are just guys that drive a Vette there are a TON of them just like the mustang and no one really looks twice at them. The new Camaro is allot of fun if you are the type that likes allot of attention. Sure that attention and excitement is going to wear off in a year or so, but you are planning on a 70k sports car in a couple years anyways...
__________________
2010, SIM, 2SS/RS, LS3, CGM Stripes
DarricSS is offline  
Old 09-08-2009, 08:51 AM   #11
S8ER01Z
 
Drives: Camaro Z28
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Quad Cities
Posts: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by 211269 View Post
Are you serious? The only way I would take the SS over the Vette is if I absolutely needed a back seat.
The definative.
__________________
2001 Camaro Z28 M6 (MTI Lid/FRA, LS6 Cam, BBK LTs)
S8ER01Z is offline  
Old 09-09-2009, 09:32 PM   #12
Treadstone

 
Treadstone's Avatar
 
Drives: Z51 BABY!
Join Date: May 2009
Location: LSFREE~!!!!!
Posts: 787
Get the Vette. Camaros will be dime a dozen here soon, so that reason is pretty much null.
Treadstone is offline  
Old 09-10-2009, 12:44 AM   #13
Marvelous
 
Marvelous's Avatar
 
Drives: ex 1st gen owner
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Orange County
Posts: 93
I don't like the base vette's they look pretty lame IMO, unless you dropped it and got a Z06 kit, without of course adding the badges
__________________
Marvelous is offline  
Old 09-10-2009, 02:32 AM   #14
Tal
 
Drives: Old
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 727
All depends on what you want and exactly how good the deal is.
For just driving the Vette is an amazing sports car at a bargain price these days but if it was me I would be very tempted to pass that bargain for the 2010 with the Grand Sport option pack.
Tal is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Camaro Exterior and Interior Stainless Steel Trim Parts from RPI Designs! RPI Designs Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions 34 01-08-2016 09:39 AM
DIY : Install underdrive pulley on 2010 Camaro SS Nine Ball Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions 34 09-30-2013 08:25 PM
Winner, winner - Jalopnik compares the Big 3 Number 3 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 31 04-17-2011 03:24 PM
2010 Mustang GT vs 2010 Camaro SS Fireball Chevy Camaro vs... 257 05-18-2009 11:04 AM
Answeres to questions I have stumbled on dieseldave24v 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 13 02-23-2009 06:56 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.