Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

USA - NY / NJ / PA NY, NJ, PA

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2009, 05:20 PM   #1
jimfin
 
Drives: 2SS, Yellow/RS, Volvo XC90
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 93
if you use the OnStar hands free feature, please read

For anyone who cares- I received my Camaro on July 7th and about a week later I got around to the OnStar options that weere offered to me for a year free. One of the options said the "hands free calling" feature that OnStar provide can be Attached to your existing Verizion Cell phone plan. In other words, if you have an existing Verizon plan, instead of you purchasing minutes from OnStar (which expire !!!) at an insane price you can use your cell phone plan at no additional cost. the catch is it must be Verizion, becuase the hands free feature goes through Verizion.I called and emailed Verizion asking why it was canceled and all I received at first was a "cookie cutter" email response. They (Verizon) later called me and tried to explain. They told me to call OnStar to ask way. Today I got a call from OnStar to tell me how all of the features worked. I let them know how upset I was about being shut out of this existing program. This program is not being cancelled for those who are already in it ! I strongly suggested that they should allow (Grand Father) those GM car purchasers who took posession of their cars prior to the cut off date be allowed into this program. General Motors is the parent of OnStar. If anyone can do something about this, they can. For those of you who are in the same boat as me and care, please contact OnStar and voice your opion. Last time I checked GM's stock was not worth the paper it was printed on and didn't they get a bail out from the Government, oh I mean the hard working tax payers. Whats fair is fair, speak up. While you're at it send an email to GM and let them know how happy you are. Good Luck
jimfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:03 PM   #2
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN
 
The_Blur's Avatar
 
Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NAS Whiting Field
Posts: 14,239
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
OnStar is a call center. As someone who has worked in call centers and received the obnoxious verbal abuse handed to customer service representatives, I can inform you that nothing will come of your recorded calls to them because call center agents are powerless. They will inform you that your input is important as part of their entry-level job description, and their supervisor is equally impotent in creating policy change. If you really want to see a change in policy, you need to reach the OnStar corporate office. Most of these sorts of offices do not receive inbound calls from customers. It is overwhelmingly likely that you will have to sent a letter to the company in order to exact any level of change. I'm sure that there are lots of supporters of this idea, but you should be aware that calling the customer care department is not the best way to provoke policy change.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:14 PM   #3
ssjoe
Ollie
 
ssjoe's Avatar
 
Drives: 02 Subrbn/94 Prizm/10 SSRS :)
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Northern, CT
Posts: 395
So does it work now? Through Verizon or it doesn't work at all.
ssjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:53 PM   #4
ckaram

 
ckaram's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS RS, 1968 ragtop
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,639
Worked for me tonight--
__________________
1968 Camaro convertible, LS1 & T56, Texas Speed 228R cam, 3.42 posi, 17" Torque Thrusts
2011 2SS/RS, LS3, M6, IOM in and out, factory Hurst short throw, GMPP axleback exhaust
ckaram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:27 PM   #5
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,742
Ok... moving your On-Star built-in cell phone to your Verizon plan was never free... basically it's like adding another line to your Verizon account which is like $10 a month.

So what you are saying is you can't move the built-in cell phone... was a bit hard to follow your post...

and as far as I know the FREE 30 minutes you got with the car are the only minutes that actually expire.. could be wrong...

I moved my H3's on-star cell phone to my verizon account.. was cool... but really wasn't worth the $10 a month so i never looked into doing it in the Camaro... need to try the Bluetooth! LOL
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:27 PM   #6
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckaram View Post
Worked for me tonight--
OP wasn't exactly clear... what worked for you? Did you actually move your built-in cellphone from On-Star to your verizon plan?
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:42 PM   #7
jimfin
 
Drives: 2SS, Yellow/RS, Volvo XC90
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 93
I'll try this again

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
OP wasn't exactly clear... what worked for you? Did you actually move your built-in cellphone from On-Star to your verizon plan?
I wanted to add my car to my existing Verizon plan like the On star web site said I could. When I attempted to do so on the Verizon web site it wasn't there. I looked deeper into the Verizon web site and found out that the On Star hands free option (add on) was no longer available as of July 14. I wasn't given a clear explantion as to why. I was told if I wanted the On Star hands free option I had to purchase minutes. The 30 free minutes expire after 60 days if you do not use them. I was told todaty by on star that the addition minutes that i purchase will too expire AT SOME POINT. I WANTED TO CARRY OVER MY CAR TO MY EXISTING VERIZON PLAN BUT I MISSED THE CUT OFF DATE TO DO SO. My arguement is if I took posession of my car prior to the cut off date I should still be intitled to it. I understand the point about using your own cell with the blue tooth, but in the event that you lose your phone, the battery isn't charged or what ever other reason, you have a back up. The point is they're trying to squeeze you for more money. Its the principle here. So to answer your question, no they did not allow me to move over the built in car phone to my Verizon plan.
jimfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:09 PM   #8
drtwo
 
drtwo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS RS Yellow, Raptor, Vrod
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 600
Simply bluetooth your phone to the car and whenever you are in the car with the phone in your pocket...you can answer from the cars controls. I'm not sure what else you would ever want???
__________________
2SS RS Rally Yellow, LS3, M6, sunroof, extra on the fast!
drtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 04:21 AM   #9
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimfin View Post
I wanted to add my car to my existing Verizon plan like the On star web site said I could. When I attempted to do so on the Verizon web site it wasn't there. I looked deeper into the Verizon web site and found out that the On Star hands free option (add on) was no longer available as of July 14. I wasn't given a clear explantion as to why. I was told if I wanted the On Star hands free option I had to purchase minutes. The 30 free minutes expire after 60 days if you do not use them. I was told todaty by on star that the addition minutes that i purchase will too expire AT SOME POINT. I WANTED TO CARRY OVER MY CAR TO MY EXISTING VERIZON PLAN BUT I MISSED THE CUT OFF DATE TO DO SO. My arguement is if I took posession of my car prior to the cut off date I should still be intitled to it. I understand the point about using your own cell with the blue tooth, but in the event that you lose your phone, the battery isn't charged or what ever other reason, you have a back up. The point is they're trying to squeeze you for more money. Its the principle here. So to answer your question, no they did not allow me to move over the built in car phone to my Verizon plan.
Thanks for clearing that up for me... i thought that's what you were trying to do but wanted to be sure. The question is WHO changed this? Was it On-Star (GM) or Verizon? Perhaps it's was Verizon that changed the rules since you didn't by the "cell phone" from them... ????
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 04:54 AM   #10
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM
 
Xmicro_SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 2,894
Just use a phone with BluTooth and you are done. I have the Verizon set-up in my SKY and it costs me $10 a month for that line. Blutooth costs nothing, sounds better, Displays the numbers on your stereo that are calling in. All around, cheaper and better!
__________________
ITS HERE! : 2010 Camaro 2SS / 6 Speed Manual (No other way) / Silver Ice Metallic / Inferno Orange Interior Accent / RS Package / Polished Wheels / SOLO MACH X CAT BACK
Xmicro_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:26 AM   #11
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS View Post
Just use a phone with BluTooth and you are done. I have the Verizon set-up in my SKY and it costs me $10 a month for that line. Blutooth costs nothing, sounds better, Displays the numbers on your stereo that are calling in. All around, cheaper and better!
I actually had my bluetooth all setup with my phone... worked for a couple of days then went nuts! "Call Home" "Calling Tammy Work" Huh? "Call Tammy Cell" "Calling Mom" Huh? And then when it did happen to call the right number it would pop up on the screen "Private call, transferring..." And at the point the call was basically lost.. ??? It was suggested I have the dealer try updating the car... I may have to do that and try again... but needless to say I wasn't impressed... LOL
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:00 PM   #12
jimfin
 
Drives: 2SS, Yellow/RS, Volvo XC90
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 93
Guess what they said?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Thanks for clearing that up for me... i thought that's what you were trying to do but wanted to be sure. The question is WHO changed this? Was it On-Star (GM) or Verizon? Perhaps it's was Verizon that changed the rules since you didn't by the "cell phone" from them... ????
They both pointed the finger at each other. what a suprise.
jimfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:03 PM   #13
jimfin
 
Drives: 2SS, Yellow/RS, Volvo XC90
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 93
It for insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtwo View Post
Simply bluetooth your phone to the car and whenever you are in the car with the phone in your pocket...you can answer from the cars controls. I'm not sure what else you would ever want???
I wanted it in the event my cell got lost, the batery died etc. In a pinch would have a back up. Sounds stupid but you never know .
jimfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:11 PM   #14
franknbeans
Whipped
 
franknbeans's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pittsburgh-ish - PA
Posts: 4,116
blue tooth feature works great,hands free and also FREE.
__________________
The "ManCard"

franknbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:37 PM   #15
jstein
 
Drives: CGM 2LT RS
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Deer Park, Texas
Posts: 251
you can just add minutes to begin with and still have the build in phone with onstar
jstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 01:03 PM   #16
esperman
You Can Call Me Jay
 
esperman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1LT RJT Manual w/CAI & Solo
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Louisville, KY area
Posts: 1,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
and as far as I know the FREE 30 minutes you got with the car are the only minutes that actually expire.. could be wrong...
the FREE 30 minutes expre in like 3 months. If you buy addtional minutes (I bought 100 more for 14.00) they expire within 12 months.
esperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:11 AM   #17
Bryan2230
 
Bryan2230's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Red Hot Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Saxonburg, PA
Posts: 487
I have a bluetooth enabled phone, but I also bought the 100 minutes for $15 (for emergency purposes). Since I got the Intro minutes, my free 30 minutes dont expire in 2 months, they roll over until next year, like my intro minutes.
__________________
Thank You,
Bryan

Former owner of a 2010 Victory Red 2LT/RS
Delivered: September 11, 2009
Current owner of a 2014 Red Hot 2SS/RS
Delivered: October 24, 2013
Bryan2230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:54 AM   #18
HeatherMarie2LT
baby #10,978
 
HeatherMarie2LT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by drtwo View Post
Simply bluetooth your phone to the car and whenever you are in the car with the phone in your pocket...you can answer from the cars controls. I'm not sure what else you would ever want???
Exactly. I never did understand the point of another line or Onstar minutes. Connect to Bluetooth, and hit the answer button when you have a call. Most people's cell phones have become part of their person anyway so I don't get what all your fuss is about
__________________
HeatherMarie2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:40 AM   #19
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended
 
Drives: BMW 6 series Vert
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Right Here
Posts: 978
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherMarie2LT View Post
Exactly. I never did understand the point of another line or Onstar minutes. Connect to Bluetooth, and hit the answer button when you have a call. Most people's cell phones have become part of their person anyway so I don't get what all your fuss is about

I don't get it either. Bluetooth is free. Bluetooth is handsfree. Why pay for something you could get for free.
All-Or-Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:27 AM   #20
dstairs
Farewell Thor
 
dstairs's Avatar
 
Drives: 95 Caddy Deville Concours
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherMarie2LT View Post
Exactly. I never did understand the point of another line or Onstar minutes. Connect to Bluetooth, and hit the answer button when you have a call. Most people's cell phones have become part of their person anyway so I don't get what all your fuss is about
ONSTAR Handsfree offers more than another phone line. In a lot of regions in the country there are dead areas with no cell phone coverage. OnStar transmits on a much more powerful system and can reach and receive from towers much further away.

I do not think it is to be thought of as a replacement or an additional cell phone, rather as a very cheap insurance policy that provides a phone when your battery dies in your cell phone, you are in a dead zone, you drop and smash your phone or leave it at home. Remember Blutooth works only if you have that option, not all cars and trucks offer the connectativity package, some customers actually choose to have it deleted to save a few dollars even when it is available.
dstairs is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Onstar....a spy???? please comment dieseldave24v General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 138 02-23-2012 01:12 PM
New Theft Recovery Onstar Feature Bewenched 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 26 10-21-2009 11:33 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.