Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2008, 04:27 PM   #103
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON
 
Camaro Lives On's Avatar
 
Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Terre Haute, IN
Posts: 1,688
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
all of that and more.
HOLY CRAP!!! That is the FIRST TIME I've ever heard a straight answer out of Scott, and I LOVE IT!!!
__________________
Camaro Lives On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 04:41 PM   #104
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast
 
Supermans's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Miami
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
I don't think the V6 is going to be THAT much more fuel-efficient than a V8 to make it a "must have" for me. I see many people who look at a smidgen more MPG as if it's pure gold, when it's not.

If the V6 gets 26MPG and the V8 gets 24MPG then the difference is around 8% difference in mileage. If fuel were $10.00 a gallon and you drove 10,000 miles a year you'd spend $3486.15 on fuel to drive the V6 and $4166.67 to drive the V8 that year. You only save $680.50 to drive the V6. And this is if gas were $10.00 a gallon. If gas stabilizes at $5.00 a gallon, you'd only save $340.25 a year. I'm not made of money, but to have V8 "bragging rights" is worth an extra $25-$30 a month. If it came down to it, I'd skip a trip to the movies (2x $10.00 a ticket and $12.00 for popcorn and soda) each month to have the V8.

Good analogy. Not to mention that the V8 engine will last longer than the V6 as well if you plan on keeping the car for along time.. However you did forget in the cost above the price of insurance being higher as well, and there may be a gas guzzler tax....
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 05:15 PM   #105
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Good analogy. Not to mention that the V8 engine will last longer than the V6 as well if you plan on keeping the car for along time.. However you did forget in the cost above the price of insurance being higher as well, and there may be a gas guzzler tax....
"With all due respect..." - ???
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 06:34 PM   #106
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
all of that and more.


Yee-freakin'-haw!

I love it when a juggernaught listens to the customers!
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 06:38 PM   #107
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Lives On View Post
HOLY CRAP!!! That is the FIRST TIME I've ever heard a straight answer out of Scott, and I LOVE IT!!!
I'm fairly new here but I haven't heard FBodfathere ever give a bad answer. I think that didn't quite come out the way you meant!

At least I hope so!
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:05 PM   #108
MerF
Go Rays!
 
MerF's Avatar
 
Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Join Date: May 2007
Location: St Pete, Florida
Posts: 2,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
I'm fairly new here but I haven't heard FBodfathere ever give a bad answer. I think that didn't quite come out the way you meant!

At least I hope so!
Nope, he said exactly right....fbodfather has a way of being cryptic (which is the most we can ask from him considering what we're discussing around here!), so to actually get a "this is what we are doing" kind of answer is overwhelming.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:58 PM   #109
garfin
Resident Disciple
 
Drives: 2010 CTS-V 6MN '98 Camaro SS (Sold)
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Roches Point, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post


Yee-freakin'-haw!

I love it when a juggernaught listens to the customers!
I'm kinda hopin' that GM is on the threshold of realizing what a valuable resource the corporation has at its fingertips - its enthusiast clientele! What a great symbiotic relationship!
GM's challenge is to make use of this resource in an efficient manner - to me, it looks like they might already be on the right track!

Best regardSS,

Elie
__________________
2010 Cadillac CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray
1998 Camaro SS # C079 SOLD
garfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:01 PM   #110
fastball
White 'n Nerdy
 
Drives: 2009 Accord EX-L V6 coupe 6 speed
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 2,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
I'm fairly new here but I haven't heard FBodfathere ever give a bad answer. I think that didn't quite come out the way you meant!

At least I hope so!
The Fbod's answer was quite shocking to be honest. Do a post search on him and read alot of his posts...... you'll see. Someone might ask him "what size tires will be on the V8" and his reply would be something along the lines of "well, I can tell you for a fact they will be round".
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:46 PM   #111
Congoman775

 
Congoman775's Avatar
 
Drives: Muscle
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,315
he would make a good point
Congoman775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:45 PM   #112
Blizzard
Searching for the truth
 
Blizzard's Avatar
 
Drives: 85 K-10, 13 1LE
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Macon, GA
Posts: 620
I think my only real question is do we know if there will be hide-a-way headlights????

Cant wait for some new interior pics of something other then the mule.

Oh and I would place my bet that the other color was Hugger Orange.
Blizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 11:23 PM   #113
fbodfather


 
fbodfather's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaros................
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Grosse Pointe Farms, MI (suburban Detroit)
Posts: 4,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
The Fbod's answer was quite shocking to be honest. Do a post search on him and read alot of his posts...... you'll see. Someone might ask him "what size tires will be on the V8" and his reply would be something along the lines of "well, I can tell you for a fact they will be round".

Oh ---- I dunno..............



I've said many times that the Suburbans are

BLACK!!!!!


fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 11:25 PM   #114
fbodfather


 
fbodfather's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaros................
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Grosse Pointe Farms, MI (suburban Detroit)
Posts: 4,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
I think my only real question is do we know if there will be hide-a-way headlights????

Cant wait for some new interior pics of something other then the mule.

Oh and I would place my bet that the other color was Hugger Orange.
We said a longgggg time ago that there would be no hideaway headlights -- (go look at a C6....)

And no, it wasn't Hugger Orange!

fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 11:30 PM   #115
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,746
Looks like we can narrow the color down by process of elimination.

Next guess: Was it Bumblebee yellow?
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 12:26 AM   #116
Scotsman
Auto Pilot
 
Scotsman's Avatar
 
Drives: Gunmetal
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: L.A.
Posts: 1,307
I repeat:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotsman View Post
Was the performance of the V6 even close to that of the V8? I'm really really interested in the V6 and want to make sure I'm buying a true performance car.
__________________
"Let the rest of the world dream of Ferraris, Lamborghinis and dinky little British two-seaters. In this country speed doesn't look like that." Got SS?
Scotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 01:00 AM   #117
Blizzard
Searching for the truth
 
Blizzard's Avatar
 
Drives: 85 K-10, 13 1LE
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Macon, GA
Posts: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
We said a longgggg time ago that there would be no hideaway headlights -- (go look at a C6....)

And no, it wasn't Hugger Orange!

What about RS covers like from 1st gen?

And what was is so bad about Hugger Orange??

I also thought of another question, well more like a request if the engineers didnt think of it yet. Since the factory radio most likely can not be replaced by an aftermarket, and an aftermarket wont look right, will there be a usb port for mp3 play back or even better an SD slot? Either one of these or even both would be great for those of us who have loads of songs.

Thanks for everything fbodfather.
Blizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 02:44 AM   #118
Jay
 
Jay's Avatar
 
Drives: Audi A4
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Van City, Canada
Posts: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
What about RS covers like from 1st gen?

And what was is so bad about Hugger Orange??

I also thought of another question, well more like a request if the engineers didnt think of it yet. Since the factory radio most likely can not be replaced by an aftermarket, and an aftermarket wont look right, will there be a usb port for mp3 play back or even better an SD slot? Either one of these or even both would be great for those of us who have loads of songs.

Thanks for everything fbodfather.
I second this.... it would be awesome if something like this was in there.
__________________

"HEAVEN JUST COULDN'T HANDLE ALL THE NOISE"
JAY
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 03:05 AM   #119
Sterling


 
Sterling's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Fairhaven, MA
Posts: 5,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
We said a longgggg time ago that there would be no hideaway headlights -- (go look at a C6....)
I'm confused... are you saying that the production headlights will be similar to the current style Corvette headlights?
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The proving grounds, where dreams are made The_Stache 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 81 07-30-2008 11:45 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.