Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Nickey Chicago
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Forced Induction - V8 V8 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Old 09-30-2009, 05:25 PM   #76
HotRod6769

Drives: not enough room
Quote:
Originally Posted by JProberts View Post
What am I looking at here man! Don't know what the hell it is but it looks impressive.

I'm definetly going to go with this system in the spring. Now I just have to come up with the money and find the right shop to have it installed.

I have heard from a few people on the forum with shops and will look them up and go for vistis during the winter, I really want to make the right choice on the shop for the installation.

I don't care how good the system is if someone puts it in wrong or doesn't tune/set-up properly it won't do me any good and well probably just cost me more money in the end.

Thanks for the input.
check out my photo album top pic is my 99 Tahoe and the other is my 90 IROCZ. I also buit a 502 which Iam supercharging also for the 69 SS Camaro.
HotRod6769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:19 PM   #77
Brian@Vortech

Drives: Vortech 'Charged 06 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRod6769 View Post
VORTECH is the way to go I have been using them for over 15 year PROBLEM FREE!!!
Awesome Vortech collection there HotRod!
Brian@Vortech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:30 PM   #78
JProberts

Drives: 2SS RJT RS/Sunroof
Top Tier Installeras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian@Vortech View Post
Awesome Vortech collection there HotRod!
I live in DC and only see one Vortech Top Tier Installer, JPC Racing in MD. Are you familiar with their work? Are there other shops in the DMV area that Vortech has a relationship with and can vouch for?

What about Race Proven Motorsports in DE. I have heard good things about this shop but don't know if they are affiliated with Vortech and could offer and back the 3/36 warranty available.

What is the cost for the 3/36 warranty? What is the warranty that comes with the S/C system as is?
JProberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:51 AM   #79
bad2000z

Drives: 2005 C6
I really want to see more guys install this kit. It should be capable of 10's fairly easily with the right setup
Old 10-06-2009, 12:32 PM   #80
TRooper
Resident Stormtrooper

Drives: Creations n' Chrome Red Mustang GT
Quote:
I live in DC and only see one Vortech Top Tier Installer, JPC Racing in MD. Are you familiar with their work? Are there other shops in the DMV area that Vortech has a relationship with and can vouch for?

What about Race Proven Motorsports in DE. I have heard good things about this shop but don't know if they are affiliated with Vortech and could offer and back the 3/36 warranty available.

What is the cost for the 3/36 warranty? What is the warranty that comes with the S/C system as is?
JPC is a fantastic shop. Justin Burchham, the owner, is very meticulous and pays great attention to detail. This is reflected in not only his numerous personal NMRA event wins, but in the enormous amount of customer's wins and championships as well. His knowledge of what works and what doesn't has been sharpened by him pretty much trying everything and TESTING everything. Also, Vortech's screening process is pretty thorough. Not everyone can become an Authorized Top Tier Installer. A positive long standing sales history, a track record of customer satisfaction, an in-depth knowledge of the product line, and strict review of the shop by Vortech are just some of the requirements to becoming a "Vortech Top Tier Installer". You can rest assured, if a shop has this designation, your Vortech installation is in good hands.

Check out his site.
http://www.jpcracing.com/
TRooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 02:35 PM   #81
JProberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRooper View Post
JPC is a fantastic shop. Justin Burchham, the owner, is very meticulous and pays great attention to detail. This is reflected in not only his numerous personal NMRA event wins, but in the enormous amount of customer's wins and championships as well. His knowledge of what works and what doesn't has been sharpened by him pretty much trying everything and TESTING everything. Also, Vortech's screening process is pretty thorough. Not everyone can become an Authorized Top Tier Installer. A positive long standing sales history, a track record of customer satisfaction, an in-depth knowledge of the product line, and strict review of the shop by Vortech are just some of the requirements to becoming a "Vortech Top Tier Installer". You can rest assured, if a shop has this designation, your Vortech installation is in good hands.

Check out his site.
http://www.jpcracing.com/
Thanks for the information TRooper, this type of feedback from board members goes along way in helping people like me with limit knowledge on these subjects feel alot better about these decisions.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:39 PM   #82
6BANGER
2LT RS - 70 AMX

Drives: 2LT RS Cyber Gray & 1970 AMX
Blah blah Blah....What can I do to my 6 banger ???
6BANGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:49 PM   #83
Steve@AandACorvette

Drives: Cars
Yo Brian! What's the skinny?
Steve@AandACorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:21 PM   #84
Brian@Vortech

We're shipping kits now Steve...how many do you want? You'll want to get in line soon though, we're building them as fast as we can, but we've already got DOZENS of these systems on order! People are really liking what they see so far.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:28 PM   #85
Steve@AandACorvette

I'll take 10

Or maybe not.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:17 AM   #86
JProberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian@Vortech View Post
The thing is, there was no boost gauge in the car they tested, so there was no way to say what boost was at any given rpm on that test vehicle. I have the same V-3 Si-Trim Supercharger on my personal car, and my Autometer digital boost gauge shows positive boost pressure by 2,600rpm every time...and I LOVE IT!!!

There is a Dealer Locator on our website - just click HERE and punch in your zip code.

By law, we are required to make this statement on every system we manufacture until the California Air Resources Board attaches an E.O. number to it. We submit every single street supercharger system we manufacture for C.A.R.B. certification, and the Gen. 5 Camaro is no exception to that.
I'm torn between the Vortech and the Magnacharger for just this reason. Now if you are saying that the boost actually occurs much earlier than that would change the picture and I wouldg o with the Vortech as I can get that much cheaper.

Is there anyone else on the forum that can attest to the fact that the Vortech boost actually happens before 400rpm's regularly as mentioned above? If so than I think this may make for a better city ride. WHat do you guys think?

Thanks JP
Old 10-27-2009, 11:57 AM   #87
Steve@AandACorvette

Just ordered our first kit from Brian this morning!
Old 10-27-2009, 12:18 PM   #88
Steve@AandACorvette

Quote:
I'm torn between the Vortech and the Magnacharger for just this reason. Now if you are saying that the boost actually occurs much earlier than that would change the picture and I wouldg o with the Vortech as I can get that much cheaper.

Is there anyone else on the forum that can attest to the fact that the Vortech boost actually happens before 400rpm's regularly as mentioned above? If so than I think this may make for a better city ride. WHat do you guys think?

Thanks JP
JP, did you mean 4000 RPMs? If so, yes, I can attest to that.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:38 PM   #89
JProberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve@AandACorvette View Post
JP, did you mean 4000 RPMs? If so, yes, I can attest to that.
Thanks for the info and I did mean 4000rpm's. I'm still leaning towards the Maggie through Livernois at the moment. I think they have the best bang for the buck.

Thanks
Old 10-27-2009, 05:22 PM   #90
Brian@Vortech

Check out Rick Bottom's V-7 YSi-Trim powered SEMA-bound Camaro in these videos! Rick and Modern Muscle put some of their custom touches on this kit (orange blower, bracket, tensioner, and ducting), so I don't want anyone asking if the kit comes with an orange supercharger, OK?

Rick Bottom Forced Induction

2010 Camaro with YSi-Trim Vortech up and running
Old 10-27-2009, 05:45 PM   #91
futrocpd
P90X

Drives: 2000 SLP SS VERT
does it come in red

sorry work is drivin me mad today

P90X changed my life. Want to know more, PM me for more info on changing your life for the better
futrocpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 05:51 PM   #92
Brian@Vortech

Quote:
Originally Posted by futrocpd View Post
does it come in red

sorry work is drivin me mad today
I guess I deserve that. We currently offer Satin and Polished finishes only guys. Any custom colors, you'll have to make friends with a powdercoater, or do it yourself.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:55 PM   #93
Steve@AandACorvette

Now that's orange!

That reminds me of The Custom Shop's 57 chevy...

Old 10-28-2009, 09:57 AM   #94
Mike@RMCR

Drives: Supercharged
We can do custom powder coating too kits before they ship. Here are a few that we have done. We can add any graphic, logos, flames, ect. Prices range from a additional 350.00 to 600.00 to any kit. Here are a few Vettes we have done.
Mike@RMCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:21 PM   #95
Steve@AandACorvette

We should be starting our first Vortech install next week...

Old 11-02-2009, 10:04 PM   #96
Will@Apf

Drives: corvette
Brian, need some info on your kits, looking to step out of the box...
Will@Apf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:18 PM   #97
Qwkss

Drives: Hoopty Winter Beater
Who do I need to get a hold of to get my Shop on the dealer list?
Qwkss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 05:01 PM   #98
mtcwby
High on "The Camaro Life"

Drives: 2010 2SS, IOM, LS3, Vortech, LG cam
Send a message via AIM to mtcwby
Camaro SS LS3--631 RWHP

This kit is awesome, and it makes super power.
On my LS3 it made 631 RWHP @ 7.5 psi with ARH headers,
high flow cats, 3" exhaust and Magnaflow mufflers.
It made a 235 increase in peak hp, that's a 60% increase.
It made a 245 hp increase at 6200 rpm, that's 64%.

Name:  Vortech Supercharger Install 074.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  70.7 KB
Name:  Vortech Supercharger Dyno results.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  46.9 KB
Old 02-19-2010, 11:04 PM   #99
d69chris
Florida C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
The Beginning!