Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery All Camaro related pictures, videos and other assorted media.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2009, 10:45 PM   #1
chrisgalles
TEXAS FIGHT!
 
chrisgalles's Avatar
 
Drives: Awesome
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Longview, Tx
Posts: 1,226
UT Camaro's LED underbody kit

First off, I know not a lot of folks like these and that's fine and that's your opinion. I'm posting these for the people who asked about them and for the people who are interested. So please don't come in here spouting, "RICE!".

I purchased the SG 3 Million Color LED Underbody Kit and a couple Orange LED strips. I wired up the LED strips right away but the lights sat on my living room floor for at least a month. I tried taking pics of the interior LED stripes but they didn't show up at all. You can just take my word that they look pimp

Here are pics of a few of the colors...
















They can also beat to the music and do all kinds of crazy stuff but I like the white and blue. White is going to look sick with the orange Headlights and Foglights... Pics will be coming in less than a month...fingers crossed!
chrisgalles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:52 PM   #2
OuSoonersGirl
I need a V-1 BAD!
 
OuSoonersGirl's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 852
RICE!!!!!!

I'm just kidding...I'm just kidding....don't hit me

I like the purple color.
OuSoonersGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:08 PM   #3
Snuggles
 
Snuggles's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS, M6, whitestrip
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Palestine, TX
Posts: 165
Very bright and good lookin Chris

I was big into the underbody neon back in the day, never considered doin it to the Camaro, but if I did it would be just straight RED to match.

Looks good though bro!
__________________
2010 VR 2SS/RS M6 w/ Arctic white stripes
# 33532!

Snuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:12 PM   #4
Mark A Collier Sr
Retired Army, 101st ABN
 
Mark A Collier Sr's Avatar
 
Drives: 2 SS/RS w/sunroof
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Newnan, GA
Posts: 851
I don't mind them and even think they are kinda cool looking. HOWEVER, I do not like the intensity. Looking at the pics, you can tell where the light is coming from and it takes away from Subtlety. It needs a diffuser to break-up the light to smooth out the appearance. It would look MUCH nicer if it was a soft glow under the car. What would one or two lights look like down the center of the car? The intensity would be unnoticed that far under and the glow would go out all around. I would do Blue IF I could make it look right!
__________________
"BABY" is a Summit White, 2SS/RS, My Tribute to the 13 years I served in the 101st Airborne Division!!!
ORDERED: 18 JUL 09 #NMMS88,
BORN ON 4 NOV 09 at 12:26pm VIN:63460~ HOME on 18 NOV 09!
"101BABY"
Mark A Collier Sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:26 PM   #5
chrisgalles
TEXAS FIGHT!
 
chrisgalles's Avatar
 
Drives: Awesome
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Longview, Tx
Posts: 1,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuSoonersGirl View Post
RICE!!!!!!

I'm just kidding...I'm just kidding....don't hit me

I like the purple color.
HAHA aren't we funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuggles View Post
Very bright and good lookin Chris

I was big into the underbody neon back in the day, never considered doin it to the Camaro, but if I did it would be just straight RED to match.

Looks good though bro!
Thanks! I bought them thinking that I would have an option for orange and then when I put them on I quickly realized that I didn't have that option..I was like...you have purple but not orange. COME ON! I do like the red with the gray...definitely hot looking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark A Collier Sr View Post
I don't mind them and even think they are kinda cool looking. HOWEVER, I do not like the intensity. Looking at the pics, you can tell where the light is coming from and it takes away from Subtlety. It needs a diffuser to break-up the light to smooth out the appearance. It would look MUCH nicer if it was a soft glow under the car. What would one or two lights look like down the center of the car? The intensity would be unnoticed that far under and the glow would go out all around. I would do Blue IF I could make it look right!
I know what you mean. The lights look much brighter than they are but I do have a switch on the controller to control how bright they are...I just have to read the instructions and I hate reading instructions
chrisgalles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:37 PM   #6
kga10734
Don't Feed the Troll
 
kga10734's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS & 1999 Corvette
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Montgomery, TX
Posts: 782
To each their own, but wouldn't some cops have a issue with them. I have never really understood the purpose of having them.
__________________
kga10734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:39 PM   #7
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!
 
JewelZ's Avatar
 
Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: san antonio, tx
Posts: 1,325
I just burped and it tasted like RICE!!!
__________________
CGM( GRAY 2 tone interior ) 2LT/RS/AUTO

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:56 PM   #8
TJ91
:chevy:
 
TJ91's Avatar
 
Drives: 2LT/RS
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,511
i like this, was considering this a while back and its not rice. Its nice lol
I think it looks great, i realized that they didnt have orange before so i put red tubes for the interior and they look great with my red ABL (IO interior ABL is red just for those who will argue that its orange)
One question, does it look even in person.
My friend has this on his lancer, but it doesnt cover the entire lenght of his car so it kinda bothered me, can you take a side profile shot with the lights on pleease? Preferably red?
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:58 PM   #9
bluch
OH CANADA!
 
bluch's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 RAM 1500 LARAMIE
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Edmonton, AB, CAN
Posts: 3,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by kga10734 View Post
To each their own, but wouldn't some cops have a issue with them. I have never really understood the purpose of having them.
ya. i could see you gettin pulled over for those...they look really bright in the pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewelZ View Post
I just burped and it tasted like RICE!!!
__________________

Had to trade in the Camaro for a truck :(, but hopefully I can join the Camaro family again one day
bluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:58 PM   #10
TJ91
:chevy:
 
TJ91's Avatar
 
Drives: 2LT/RS
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,511
Actually, can you take pics of the front, side and rear?
And did you get the to hide the tubes or do they stick out. I noticed that most people cant get to hide these and have the tubes showing and im not a fan of that.
Im hoping i can get the tubes hidden from every angle except from below.
Thanks if you take more pics and thanks anyways for posting your pics, i think it looks great
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:01 AM   #11
Forrest
 
Drives: 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Daytona Beach
Posts: 149

Interesting. Kinda like. Anyways, Agree with making it softer, but see if you can look into getting something like this
Tada!
It really connects the corners of the car quite nicely.
Just some food for thought. Good job by the way
Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:03 AM   #12
MaroSS
VIN - 7314
 
MaroSS's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Harbor City, CA
Posts: 653
It looks wayyyyy better on the Camaro than an SRT8 Charger
__________________
MaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:37 AM   #13
Tactical Z
Banned
 
Drives: Nissan Titan
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 8,684
Awesome!

But neon's aren't for me...and I think they belong on Domestic things.
Tactical Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:50 AM   #14
bluedevil02

 
bluedevil02's Avatar
 
Drives: 2LT/RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 845
kinda too ricer for me....looks like something outta fast and furious...but to each his own
bluedevil02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:53 AM   #15
tom_vilsack
 
tom_vilsack's Avatar
 
Drives: fast
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: delta
Posts: 261
tom_vilsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:55 AM   #16
bluecamaroguy
 
bluecamaroguy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS ABM!
Join Date: May 2009
Location: san diego
Posts: 254
How much $$$$$
bluecamaroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:13 AM   #17
Mindz
E.B.A.H.
 
Mindz's Avatar
 
Drives: you wild...
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Posts: 18,237
Looks good, I would take the time to read those instructions though.

And for everyone talking about problems with cops, they're illegal (at least in CA) anywhere besides private property so he could leave them off for driving and turn them on while parked at car shows or something.
__________________
Blue Rush, 2010 SS [Car of the Week 3/22/2010] Traded in on...ZLZBUBB, 2013 ZL1
Mindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:18 AM   #18
Forrest
 
Drives: 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Daytona Beach
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Looks good, I would take the time to read those instructions though.

And for everyone talking about problems with cops, they're illegal (at least in CA) anywhere besides private property so he could leave them off for driving and turn them on while parked at car shows or something.
Mmmhmmm. Same here in Florida. As long as the vehicle is not moving and off with the key out of the ignition, its fine. My buddy had a cop pull up and start to tail him, so he slammed his brakes, threw the car into park, ripped the key out, and the cop came up and couldn't do anything. Although I'm sure he could have, he opted not to. Its basically some really cool thing to show off to your buddies when you're all gathered up for a late night football game BBQ.
Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:27 AM   #19
svtjackal
in love with Olivia now.
 
svtjackal's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SIM camaro-2001 svt Lightning
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,012
__________________

Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin Camaro Owners check out www.chicago5thgen.com
svtjackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 04:34 AM   #20
CTBranson
 
CTBranson's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Auto
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Branson,MO
Posts: 69
Heres mine with neon blue streetglow

installed at Creative Car Audio in Springfield,MO
CTBranson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:39 AM   #21
vesi
 
vesi's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2LT/RS 45th Anniv.
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Parsippany, NJ
Posts: 190
Send a message via AIM to vesi
How much does something like this cost? I love it but I wouldn't want to pay a fortune for it since I'd only use it while parked or no cops around lol.
vesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:03 AM   #22
Croathlete
Danny
 
Croathlete's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,657
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
How about a video of the lights going with music?
__________________
2SS/RS CGM with black rally stripes

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."

Please help me fight back by supporting me in the 2010 American Cancer Society's Relay for Life. Every little bit helps. Click here for more information. Thank you to those that have donated!
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:25 AM   #23
91RS
 
Drives: 1991 RS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 144
Looks cool but too 90's for me.
91RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:41 AM   #24
chrisgalles
TEXAS FIGHT!
 
chrisgalles's Avatar
 
Drives: Awesome
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Longview, Tx
Posts: 1,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by kga10734 View Post
To each their own, but wouldn't some cops have a issue with them. I have never really understood the purpose of having them.
From what I understand, as long as they aren't flashing, they are ok and I think as long as you can't see the actual bulb. As far as their purpose...same as any other cosmetic upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewelZ View Post
I just burped and it tasted like RICE!!!
Excuse you. Your momma not teach you any manners?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Actually, can you take pics of the front, side and rear?
And did you get the to hide the tubes or do they stick out. I noticed that most people cant get to hide these and have the tubes showing and im not a fan of that.
Im hoping i can get the tubes hidden from every angle except from below.
Thanks if you take more pics and thanks anyways for posting your pics, i think it looks great
I think I have a few from the side and rear. I know what you mean about seeing the tubes...I made sure when I mounted mine that the tubes are not visible unless you actually stick your head under the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post

Interesting. Kinda like. Anyways, Agree with making it softer, but see if you can look into getting something like this
Tada!
It really connects the corners of the car quite nicely.
Just some food for thought. Good job by the way
Thanks! I've checked those out before. I'm still undecided though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaroSS View Post
It looks wayyyyy better on the Camaro than an SRT8 Charger
Well that's a given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Z View Post
Awesome!

But neon's aren't for me...and I think they belong on Domestic things.
Well good thing I put them on my Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecamaroguy View Post
How much $$$$$
My kit cost around $275 I believe and $0 for the install as I did it myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Mmmhmmm. Same here in Florida. As long as the vehicle is not moving and off with the key out of the ignition, its fine. My buddy had a cop pull up and start to tail him, so he slammed his brakes, threw the car into park, ripped the key out, and the cop came up and couldn't do anything. Although I'm sure he could have, he opted not to. Its basically some really cool thing to show off to your buddies when you're all gathered up for a late night football game BBQ.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtjackal View Post
Thanks for your contribution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTBranson View Post
installed at Creative Car Audio in Springfield,MO
Blue is my favorite on mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vesi View Post
How much does something like this cost? I love it but I wouldn't want to pay a fortune for it since I'd only use it while parked or no cops around lol.
My kit was $275 but there are much cheaper options. You can check out quite a few different options here or if you search you can find some pretty good deals. http://www.oznium.com/underbody-kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
How about a video of the lights going with music?
I'll try and do that tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91RS View Post
Looks cool but too 90's for me.
What's wrong with the 90s
chrisgalles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:59 AM   #25
Andro
NOICE!!! ™
 
Andro's Avatar
 
Drives: Force Fed 427
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: GOT BOOST?
Posts: 5,216
I like eating rice. I can eat rice all day probably because I'm half asian.Lol
__________________
Andro is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ORACLE 5202 LED 18SMD Cool White Fog Light Bulbs for Camaro!> 20% OFF! AACstyle Exterior Parts & Accessories 137 04-01-2011 03:49 PM
GM sanctioned 2009 SEMA Camaros list announced Tran 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 32 08-25-2009 04:24 PM
LED Interior and Exterior Lighting. SummoneR Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions 101 08-17-2009 10:01 PM
The first 3 Camaros of 12 at my dealer are all at 3800 (Produced) camarolt76 Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 29 06-11-2009 11:48 PM
4 SEMA CAMAROS finally unveiled by GM! (hi-res images & details) FenwickHockey65 Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 237 11-03-2008 11:39 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.