Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-10-2009, 07:22 PM   #169
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by wullger View Post
I find it a bit ironic that this will do more to distinguish early build cars than the R6P code, which folks go on and on about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
No, the "chicklets" will.
Really it will be all three...

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:30 PM   #170
3BVert

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
And that is EXACTLY why I bought the 1SS.

I'm not crazy about the way they look but the idea of what they do isn't bad. Personally I'd rather have them underneath the front fascia so I could tell how close I'm getting to curb stops or planter curbing while pulling into a parking place.

Glad I don't have those on the back of mine, glad I DO have the chiclets on the sides. Glad I ordered mine when I did...what a beautiful car to own and drive!!!
Amen to that.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:32 PM   #171
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT - VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGM DIVA View Post

Not meaning to offend anyone, but if you can't back up your car without a constant "extra set of eyes" then somethings wrong....JMHO...

Would YOU be able to see a small child behind your car as you are backing up if the child wasn't there already when you first got in your car????...

We actually ordered our own back-up sensors to be installed just for that very reason...not trying to give you a hard time, just want you to realize that GM is not coming out with these just because they think some people don't know how to drive...

It's a safety issue...what if that's YOUR child that darts out behind someone ELSE'S Camaro and that Camaro runs your child over because the back of the car was taller than a small child and that child was not able to be seen by the driver????...

Don't automatically judge people that want to drive their cars as safely and happily as possible....
Old 09-10-2009, 07:35 PM   #172
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susantroy1 View Post
From what I've read, some folks on the Forum seem to try and project the really hard core pure muscle car enthusiast image . Some seem to oppose a safety advancement that came about undoubtedly through multiple tragic life altering results. I wonder if those ugly 5 point seat belt requirements you see in Drag races at the Saturday night track events are only for the guys that can't seem to keep their car from crashing into the guard rails.... We all know that a real driver wouldn't be caught dead with them in his ride.... Maybe we should remove those ugly airbags or those wretched 3 point seat belts in the rear seat and allow family and friends to experience true kinetic energy in a head on collision. I can understand the cosmetic disdain of some folks concerning the beautiful lines of the Camaro but to argue against a possible life saving advancement is like trying to argue to let the kids sit in the back bed of pickup trucks while driving down the interstate.
AMEN TO THAT!!!...
Old 09-10-2009, 07:36 PM   #173
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mike View Post
yea it had the gm chicklets
Well back to two...

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:37 PM   #174
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Making a big deal about nothing, again.....

I think it's great they're adding features already, especially considering the poor visibility.
+1
Old 09-10-2009, 07:42 PM   #175
nassau97

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 97 Vette 91 Vette
Well I'm glad I got my car before they started putting them on. I don't think they look all that bad but they are somehing else to wax around. Wouldn't have stopped me from getting the car though. As far as something that looks bad, I could do without that stupid looking antenna on the roof.
I think most who have driven a new camaro would have to agree that visibility is less than ideal. Visibility out the back of a lot of vehicles is not good. That's why when you put it in reverse you back up very slowly and carefully, not put it in R and hit the gas. JMHO
nassau97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:42 PM   #176
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS1937 View Post
Wait until your neighbors 3 year old peddles behind you while you're backing out of the driveway!
EXACTLY MY POINT!!!...
Old 09-10-2009, 07:43 PM   #177
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickss View Post
Somewhere in America or Canada there will be a child riding their tricycle or Big Wheel on the driveway. A parent will back-up, run over and kill their child. It may happen today, tomorrow, next week, but it WILL happen and it has happened in the past.
Ask the parent of that child how they feel about back-up sensors that spoiled the look of your bumper. Oh, you could always tell yourself or that parent "I`m carefull and always look behind my car before backing-up" and yes you probably are that safe but so was the parent of that child.
It`s your choice, a blemish on your bumper or a possibly dead child on your conscience.
I can live with the blemish but never the child`s death.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:46 PM   #178
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treadstone View Post
Scotty where are you getting that info from?
General Motors.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:48 PM   #179
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickss View Post
So that`s your simple answer "parenting" Let me tell you a true story about parenting, I had a friend who had just that morning lectured her daughter about leaving her toys in the driveway that morning, after lunch she asked Lexie if she had she had put her toys away, "yes mommy" then when her mother went into the kitchen Lexie remembered her Polly Pockets she left in the front yard, opened the door, ran across the driveway just as her father was backing out of garage, knocked her down and drove over her, he was lucky, he drove his Silverado with plenty of ground clearence. It scared the crap out of him after he backed up and saw his daughter laying in the driveway with nothing more than a bruise and a small cut.
All of this happened in less than 30 seconds, you can lecture your kids until your blue in the face and watch them like a hawk but it only takes 30 seconds for something to go terribly wrong and it has nothing to do with whether your a good parent or a bad parent.
So if this point annoys you then tuff, better you`re annoyed than a kid dies or gets hurt.

YUP........... +1
Old 09-10-2009, 07:51 PM   #180
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
You do realize that you can back up really slowly or toot your horn when reversing and this would accomplish the same results by alerting the child to your vehicle and allowing them the opportunity to avoid laying low to the ground enough to fit under your rear bumper directly in your path...

So, if you weren't in such a darn RUSH to back up like a maniac, you wouldn't kill any extra children and have this on your conscience!
and there are no DEAF children in the world, or autistic children or pre-occupied children, right???...
Old 09-10-2009, 07:54 PM   #181
1320junkie
Account Suspended

Drives: The Imperial Army
Okay Okay let's not turn this into a parenting argument..I have kids but thats not why I like them on my other cars that have them I like the beep beep beep until a solid tone...cuz i can back in very close to stuff without hitting anything
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:58 PM   #182
geminidreams

Drives: ABM 2LT / RS
I don't mind them I just want my car...
geminidreams is offline   Reply With Quote