Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2008, 10:48 AM   #99
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro5 View Post
JALOPNIK had this to say about the V6 pics... For all you Camaro fan-boys and fan-girls out there


SOURCE: http://jalopnik.com/392828/2010-chev...f-di-v6-engine

Look closely at the throttle-body size and shape and the bolts holding it on, the three fluid reservoirs in the same locations, all cues that this is indeed the glorious direct-injection V6.
Hey! That's what I said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 11:09 AM   #100
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LE...Drove: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 28,106
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
wrong......I know for a fact that DI V6 camaro would spank that ass aganist the mustang but... not so sure about the challenger R/T it has 370 HP and 375 with the six-speed, yes I know it is 2 tons and the camaro is under 3700....maybe but I think the extra 75 horses and the six-speed is more than enough to kick the DI V6 camaro's ass, so the DI V6 gota go way faster than 300hp,
The Camaro V6 should come in under 3600lbs. And it'll have a 6-speed, too.
Let's say the Challenger will lose a hundred pounds thanks to a smaller engine

The numbers tell the case: Challenger's Power to weight ratio is: 10.8
Camaro's would be 11.8. The Challenger is faster, but it's not "more than enough" to kick the DI V6's ass. Think back to G8/Challenger SRT8. (G8 = 11.08; SRT8 = 9.64), yet the G8 kept right on it's tail. Scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
...I was expecting 350-380 horses for the mid-trim but 300 come on man, and does this mean that the camaro would have only one v8 trim??, comments
As it stands;
300hp V6, 400hp V8, and 500+hp V8. With a high probability of a 260hp T4.
Any questions?
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Twice Before You Post.
...Anxiously waiting to order a silver "Z"...

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 11:17 AM   #101
Muscle Master
SS Lightning
 
Muscle Master's Avatar
 
Drives: An SRT8
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cinnaminson, NJ
Posts: 2,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
The Camaro V6 should come in under 3600lbs. And it'll have a 6-speed, too.
Let's say the Challenger will lose a hundred pounds thanks to a smaller engine

The numbers tell the case: Challenger's Power to weight ratio is: 10.8
Camaro's would be 11.8. The Challenger is faster, but it's not "more than enough" to kick the DI V6's ass. Think back to G8/Challenger SRT8. (G8 = 11.08; SRT8 = 9.64), yet the G8 kept right on it's tail. Scary.


As it stands;
300hp V6, 400hp V8, and 500+hp V8. With a high probability of a 260hp T4.
Any questions?
you mean the charger lol guess it dont make a diffrence, but I still think it as an edge aganist the DI camaro5, v6 six-speed manual..........facts
__________________

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 11:25 AM   #102
Sphinx002
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: .
Posts: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
The Camaro V6 should come in under 3600lbs. And it'll have a 6-speed, too.
Let's say the Challenger will lose a hundred pounds thanks to a smaller engine

The numbers tell the case: Challenger's Power to weight ratio is: 10.8
Camaro's would be 11.8. The Challenger is faster, but it's not "more than enough" to kick the DI V6's ass. Think back to G8/Challenger SRT8. (G8 = 11.08; SRT8 = 9.64), yet the G8 kept right on it's tail. Scary.


As it stands;
300hp V6, 400hp V8, and 500+hp V8. With a high probability of a 260hp T4.
Any questions?
Something of note to add to this:

The 2.0L turbo is currently rated at 260HP, however there is good information that GM is talking about or planning a 300HP version of said engine. It was mentioned for the Targa Solstice GXP model. It has been known for a while that GM left some HP on the table when they did the 2.0L
Sphinx002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 11:27 AM   #103
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON
 
Camaro Lives On's Avatar
 
Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Terre Haute, IN
Posts: 1,687
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zieke View Post
i dont think so. look at the wheel of the red car. half of it is in the wheel well. an older car maybe?

edit: heck, i may be wrong too. the rest of the tire is probably cut of by the crease in the door panel?
who knows.
After looking super close, I've come to the conclusion that, that is a challenger sitting next to our beloved Camaro, i think. Also, why is there a Dodge Caliber next to it on the other side?? Are they comparing performace stats between the three?? j/k
__________________
Camaro Lives On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 11:29 AM   #104
Muscle Master
SS Lightning
 
Muscle Master's Avatar
 
Drives: An SRT8
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cinnaminson, NJ
Posts: 2,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx002 View Post
Something of note to add to this:

The 2.0L turbo is currently rated at 260HP, however there is good information that GM is talking about or planning a 300HP version of said engine. It was mentioned for the Targa Solstice GXP model. It has been known for a while that GM left some HP on the table when they did the 2.0L
what are you saying, its between the DI V6 and the T4
__________________

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 11:40 AM   #105
Muscle Master
SS Lightning
 
Muscle Master's Avatar
 
Drives: An SRT8
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cinnaminson, NJ
Posts: 2,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Lives On View Post
After looking super close, I've come to the conclusion that, that is a challenger sitting next to our beloved Camaro, i think. Also, why is there a Dodge Caliber next to it on the other side?? Are they comparing performace stats between the three?? j/k
that is a challenger, eww thats a low blow
__________________

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 11:58 AM   #106
Sphinx002
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: .
Posts: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
what are you saying, its between the DI V6 and the T4
Not saying anything. The talk is about the 2.0L turbo going into the Solstice targa GXP. I imagine that is because they don't want to try and fit a V6 into it. However it does become important when we are talking about that engine going into the Camaro because it means that it could be more than 260HP.
Sphinx002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 12:01 PM   #107
Muscle Master
SS Lightning
 
Muscle Master's Avatar
 
Drives: An SRT8
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cinnaminson, NJ
Posts: 2,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx002 View Post
Not saying anything. The talk is about the 2.0L turbo going into the Solstice targa GXP. I imagine that is because they don't want to try and fit a V6 into it. However it does become important when we are talking about that engine going into the Camaro because it means that it could be more than 260HP.
I see
__________________

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 12:01 PM   #108
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LE...Drove: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 28,106
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx002 View Post
Not saying anything. The talk is about the 2.0L turbo going into the Solstice targa GXP. I imagine that is because they don't want to try and fit a V6 into it. However it does become important when we are talking about that engine going into the Camaro because it means that it could be more than 260HP.
Wouldn't that defeat the purpose, though? I mean, putting a 300 horse Turbo 4 in the base Camaro. The Sky/Solctice is 28 grand for that 260 horse Turbo...if they popped it in the Camaro for 20k, they'd need to give the Solctice/Sky folks something to make them feel 'special', to keep the the Red Line/GXP models stronger than an entry-level car, you know? That's what I think they may be doing...
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Twice Before You Post.
...Anxiously waiting to order a silver "Z"...

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 12:12 PM   #109
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,061
If I'm wrong about the R/T being the Hemi, I appologize. I think it would be a V6 DI Camaro because of the torque, at least in a 1320. I think Camaro would pull at the top, but still don't think it would outrun a Hemi. Who knows though; with the right gearing, that little V6 could pull a Hemi, perhaps.

We'll find out soon enough
__________________
05 Hummer H2 SUV on OEM Air Ride
Forged 11.4:1 408 LQ4 (K1 crank & rods; Mahle pistons)/CPP LS3 CNC heads/BTR Stage IV LS3 cam/home ported L92 intake manifold/ported 90mm TB/custom Volant CAI/mid-length headers/AFE dual 3" CB/Corvette Servo/el cheapo lift/Cognito UCAs/Sphon poly adjustable TA/Sphon adjustable rear LCAs/e'fan conversion/DirtyMax radiator/Moroso catchcan/HPTuners/HID conversion/LED exterior lighting/LED interior accents/Autometer Cobalts/AEM WBPioneer AVH-5600BHS/Pioneer GM-9601/2-Pioneer TS-W310D4s/Obcon Labyrinth dual-12 box/lots of other little stuff
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 12:23 PM   #110
Sphinx002
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: .
Posts: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Wouldn't that defeat the purpose, though? I mean, putting a 300 horse Turbo 4 in the base Camaro. The Sky/Solctice is 28 grand for that 260 horse Turbo...if they popped it in the Camaro for 20k, they'd need to give the Solctice/Sky folks something to make them feel 'special', to keep the the Red Line/GXP models stronger than an entry-level car, you know? That's what I think they may be doing...
GM has made moves that don't make sense before....Honestly my only point was that 260HP isn't set in stone. To me, I don't care. I've V8 bound. I can't imagine the turbo 2 L getting better much better gas mileage than the 3.6L DI in the Camaro, so to me, the whole idea of the 2.0L turbo doesn't makes any sense. That motor isn't made in quantity so I'm betting the cost difference between the 3.6L and 2.0 L is insignificant. Why bother?
Sphinx002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 12:26 PM   #111
Muscle Master
SS Lightning
 
Muscle Master's Avatar
 
Drives: An SRT8
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cinnaminson, NJ
Posts: 2,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
If I'm wrong about the R/T being the Hemi, I appologize. I think it would be a V6 DI Camaro because of the torque, at least in a 1320. I think Camaro would pull at the top, but still don't think it would outrun a Hemi. Who knows though; with the right gearing, that little V6 could pull a Hemi, perhaps.

We'll find out soon enough
your right, the upgraded 5.7 Hemi
__________________

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 01:25 PM   #112
Radcannon
 
Drives: 67 Street/Strip/Show
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: US
Posts: 10
it is the LLT same as the caddys. She will be direct injection. If you guys are looking for real performance though i would go G8 all the way the thing is sick trust me. The new one u want ls3 here i come.
Radcannon is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Camaro Product Manager - interview Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 11 04-04-2012 06:10 PM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 07:33 PM
Official Camaro Convertible CONCEPT Press Release Tran Camaro Convertible Forum 12 11-18-2009 07:05 PM
Camaro (concept) Press Release!! Pencil.Fight 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 4 07-21-2008 03:33 PM
Consumer Guide's Impressions of the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro camaro5 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 30 04-29-2008 10:20 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.