Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Classic Design Concepts
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2009, 01:50 AM   #26
02camaro
 
02camaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Californa
Posts: 20
Does anyone know what the average person is spending on a 2010 Camaro?
02camaro is offline  
Old 09-12-2009, 01:55 AM   #27
02camaro
 
02camaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Californa
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARME View Post
44k here
Was there a dealer mark up?
02camaro is offline  
Old 09-12-2009, 02:02 AM   #28
02camaro
 
02camaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Californa
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARME View Post
Nope. MSRP.
Okay, here in Cali dealers are marking up there Camaros.
02camaro is offline  
Old 09-12-2009, 03:04 AM   #29
Hoss
 
Hoss's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004GMC Extended Cab
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Texas
Posts: 623
Dude....buy a 2SS/RS, LS3 in Black and stop this BS!! Its better looking and more HP, and faster...oh yes and it handles better too! Six cylinders don't do much for me!!!
__________________
2010 2SS/RS, Black/Black, LS-3, delivered 6/19/09
Hoss is offline  
Old 09-12-2009, 03:43 AM   #30
rickerda
 
rickerda's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chester VA
Posts: 513
Please don’t take this the wrong way, but getting looks on the road doesn’t mean much. Drive 60 MPH with a space-saver spare mounted and see how many looks you get. A better test is to take it to an auto event, such as a car show or cruise in where the spectators will know what they are looking at.




These pictures are from a locate cruise in, here in Chester VA, where I conducted a totally unscientific experiment.
Three cars, three colors, one night…

1) The red Camaro RS has Yenko type stripe which drew attention and questions.
2) The silver Camaro RS blended in and went almost un-noticed.
3) The year old Challenger SRT8 drew the most attention and largest crowd.

Factors: Color and options play a major role in turning heads. I would describe the two Camaros as twin sisters, however the red one is wearing make-up and a mini-skirt.
The Challenger is still rare around here, I see about 5 Camaros for every Challenger on the road, so uniqueness does plays a role.

I think I could take your $100 if we meet in a Kmart parking lot and I’ll bring bright red Nissan Cube.

One final note, the comments people make about the cars are very different too. With the Challenger you’ll hear remarks like, “Dodge got the design right” The Camaro on the other hand, will get some remarks about what they don’t like or what they would change. This cruise in gets a fair amount of first generation Camaros and these owners have pretty strong opinions on the Camaro design. While this is based purely on my personal experiences as an owner of both cars, if you read the post on this site you will see that these types of remarks are fairly common. The Challenger will get “pinged” for being too big or looking fat, but most of the time people like its’ looks. As for the Camaro there appears to be some disagreement about the design. Either way they are both great cars and we are very fortunate that we to have the opportunity to own either of these cars.
rickerda is offline  
Old 09-12-2009, 03:53 AM   #31
Rocky918
 
Rocky918's Avatar
 
Drives: SS for Super Sexy!
Join Date: May 2009
Location: South Florida
Posts: 747
the only... and i repeat ONLY reason the chally looks ok is because of its retro look that is like a modern version of something from the 60s... it fails in comparison to the styling of the camaro in every asspect, however they are definatly more rare than the camaro already (atleast it seems lke that) so thats why they will get attention...

in my opinion, the chally is just way to bland
__________________
- Life is to short to let it pass you by
Rocky918 is offline  
Old 09-12-2009, 04:16 AM   #32
rickerda
 
rickerda's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chester VA
Posts: 513
Side by side

Lets talk retro


Last edited by rickerda; 09-12-2009 at 04:18 AM. Reason: Changed a picture
rickerda is offline  
Old 09-12-2009, 04:50 AM   #33
Rockytophummer
 
Rockytophummer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Hummer H2 2010 2SS Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Maryville tn.
Posts: 587
Just wandering if at the cruise were the SRT-8 got all the attention over the twin sisster camaros did the sisters big brother SS show up? Not trying to bash any V6 owners but sorry if I was at a car show or meet I would be asking more questions and paying more attention to the muscle of the show! Both cars in my opinion are awesome cars! I just don't see how your test was very fair? Don't know that's just me. Also like someone was stating the Challengers are much more rare on the road. At least were I live. I can't figure it out. It's not like there are not usually 4-5 Challengers at local dodge dealership lot at all times. Can't say that bought the new Camaro's were I'm from. As soon as they get unloaded off the truck they are in some ones garage. I do have to give props to Dodge though they did do the Challenger right but I just don't think they get more attention than the Camaro. I still can't go anywere in my IOM SS and not get people just staring and asking me all types of questions and taking pictures. Regardless they both sweet sweet rides! Congrats to the lucky people who get to enjoy the best of both worlds! That would be nice having a Chally and a Camy!
Rockytophummer is offline  
Old 09-12-2009, 04:51 AM   #34
Z/28orSs
 
Z/28orSs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 ss
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nj
Posts: 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickerda View Post
Please don’t take this the wrong way, but getting looks on the road doesn’t mean much. Drive 60 MPH with a space-saver spare mounted and see how many looks you get. A better test is to take it to an auto event, such as a car show or cruise in where the spectators will know what they are looking at.




These pictures are from a locate cruise in, here in Chester VA, where I conducted a totally unscientific experiment.
Three cars, three colors, one night…

1) The red Camaro RS has Yenko type stripe which drew attention and questions.
2) The silver Camaro RS blended in and went almost un-noticed.
3) The year old Challenger SRT8 drew the most attention and largest crowd.

Factors: Color and options play a major role in turning heads. I would describe the two Camaros as twin sisters, however the red one is wearing make-up and a mini-skirt.
The Challenger is still rare around here, I see about 5 Camaros for every Challenger on the road, so uniqueness does plays a role.

I think I could take your $100 if we meet in a Kmart parking lot and I’ll bring bright red Nissan Cube.

One final note, the comments people make about the cars are very different too. With the Challenger you’ll hear remarks like, “Dodge got the design right” The Camaro on the other hand, will get some remarks about what they don’t like or what they would change. This cruise in gets a fair amount of first generation Camaros and these owners have pretty strong opinions on the Camaro design. While this is based purely on my personal experiences as an owner of both cars, if you read the post on this site you will see that these types of remarks are fairly common. The Challenger will get “pinged” for being too big or looking fat, but most of the time people like its’ looks. As for the Camaro there appears to be some disagreement about the design. Either way they are both great cars and we are very fortunate that we to have the opportunity to own either of these cars.
there old no one under the age of 25 or 30 cares about a chally
__________________
Z/28orSs is offline  
Old 09-12-2009, 05:07 AM   #35
dragom
2G1FB1EV3A9121989
 
dragom's Avatar
 
Drives: Rally Yellow RS Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: indianapolis
Posts: 826
I like them both well i kind of have to cause the wife has the challenger and I have the camaro. I would have to say it is a toss up on who gets the most looks her's is red so that helps her in the looks department but yellow cam gets alot of looks too. I can't bash the challenger like some people do hell I am not sure I would have gotten a camaro if my wife hadn't of gotten the challenger first. Some people have strong feelings toward the camaro and everything else is just ugly and I find that wrong both have their beauty.
dragom is offline  
Old 09-12-2009, 05:45 AM   #36
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast
 
Supermans's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Miami
Posts: 4,757
I would have to say that a red or hemi orange challenger would turn more heads than a dark colored Camaro, while an IOM or Red Camaro would turn more heads than a black Challenger. Colors do make a big difference. My IOM Camaro turns heads all the time and I get the thumbs up at almost every light here in Miami. I haven't seen a single Camaro SS for about two months it seems so I may be one of 20 or so in the area. I am probably the only one who paid under sticker thanks to Eric Hall and Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine Texas.
__________________
Bought my Camaro from Eric Hall(817) 421-7266
Supermans is offline  
Old 09-12-2009, 05:48 AM   #37
rickerda
 
rickerda's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chester VA
Posts: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockytophummer View Post
Just wandering if at the cruise were the SRT-8 got all the attention over the twin sisster camaros did the sisters big brother SS show up? Not trying to bash any V6 owners but sorry if I was at a car show or meet I would be asking more questions and paying more attention to the muscle of the show! Both cars in my opinion are awesome cars! I just don't see how your test was very fair? Don't know that's just me. Also like someone was stating the Challengers are much more rare on the road. At least were I live. I can't figure it out. It's not like there are not usually 4-5 Challengers at local dodge dealership lot at all times. Can't say that bought the new Camaro's were I'm from. As soon as they get unloaded off the truck they are in some ones garage. I do have to give props to Dodge though they did do the Challenger right but I just don't think they get more attention than the Camaro. I still can't go anywere in my IOM SS and not get people just staring and asking me all types of questions and taking pictures. Regardless they both sweet sweet rides! Congrats to the lucky people who get to enjoy the best of both worlds! That would be nice having a Chally and a Camy!
Never said it was fair, it was totally unscientific, that’s kind of the point.

As for dealer inventory, when the 2008 Challenger were being delivered they didn’t spend much time on the show room floor either. 2010 is the year of the Camaro, it’s even outselling the Mustang. I sincerely hope that Chevy can keep the enthusiasm and excitement up.
rickerda is offline  
Old 09-12-2009, 05:58 AM   #38
iwanttogofastNY
 
iwanttogofastNY's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS ABM
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Westchester County, NY
Posts: 225
i love these guys who don't compare apples to apples....."oh my awesome v8 dodge gets more attention then my ok v6 chevy"

if you try and compare the Hemi to the v6 camaro.....your an idoit

you should have spend the extra 3k and had 2 head turners!
__________________
2SS/RS/M6 | ABM | White Stripes | Black Int
Mods: American Racing Headers & Exhaust, Airaid Intake, Pfadt Front/Rear Sway Bars, Stealth Bulbs, AAC LED bowtie, AAC Concept LED Side-markers ABM/Tinted, 20% Tints, Chuck COW Tune, MGW shifter (blue with white racing stripes).

Coming Soon: 4:10 Gears?
iwanttogofastNY is offline  
Old 09-12-2009, 06:04 AM   #39
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast
 
Supermans's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Miami
Posts: 4,757
In Miami, Challengers are not more rare than Camaro's, at least not yet.. I see quite a few Challengers everyday.. However I do have to point out they do catch my eye every time since they are beautiful cars. I've given the thumbs up to about 5 of them so far and they do the same. I'm no street racer but everyday I get a few who pull up next to me and rev.. All so far have been ricers including a 350z. I did have an SRT8 Jeep Grand Cherokee also want to race off the line. At least with that one I pushed the car to 70 since it was a ramp getting on the turnpike and I push it harder getting up there. I did beat it up the ramp but let it pass me once I reached around 70.. On the turnpike he then puled up next to me and gave me the thumbs up and drove off.. That so far has been my only "street race" if you can call it that..lol.. However I don't think it counts since I always get up at the same pace anyways up the ramps..I'd also like to point out I almost purchased a Challenger SRT8 during the time they were offered bellow sticker (for about 2 days). However I missed the opportunity and the dealer sold the last orange one before I got there and I didn't want an RT. Their loss..
__________________
Bought my Camaro from Eric Hall(817) 421-7266
Supermans is offline  
Old 09-12-2009, 09:31 AM   #40
az2009se
 
az2009se's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro LS 2009 Challenger SE
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 82
Thanks (to most of you) for your responses. Most of the dirrerence is the paint IMO. I've had them both at a local cruise in and the Challenger got more looks, of course there were 13 other 2010 Camaros nearby and just one Challenger. For the most part the two cars do not compare. The Dodge is a modified 4 door sedan capable of carrying 5 passengers in comfort. The Camaro is is a low slung 2 passenger fun driver.

BTW, my first thought was to ditch the 18" steelies the first chance I had. Now I like them so much I don't even look for wheels on the web anymore. Maybe in a year or so when I want freshen up the car I'll reconsider.
az2009se is offline  
Old 09-12-2009, 10:53 AM   #41
Buckbo
 
Buckbo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wilmington,Delaware
Posts: 428
My LT was parked next to a Challenger SRT at a local cruise night and the Camaro easily attracted more attention and positive comments.
Attached Images
 
Buckbo is offline  
Old 09-12-2009, 10:56 AM   #42
glambert1
HOMER
 
glambert1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro 2LT RS SIM
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 527
theor probably turning their head to do this
__________________
....do it yourself and be proud when you brag about your mods...
glambert1 is offline  
Old 09-12-2009, 10:57 AM   #43
2010 SSRS



 
2010 SSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Ocean State
Posts: 123,978
Yellow Camaro for me.
2010 SSRS is offline  
Old 09-12-2009, 11:39 AM   #44
VenomZ302
Live to Win, Dare to Fail
 
VenomZ302's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue RS/SS M6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 1,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
You got a red chally against a CGM camaro. i would think that color has a lot to do with it.
Exactly my first thought.

I still think that CGM looks just "grey" to me. Nothing exciting...
__________________

3/13/09 - Ordered Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS/RS M6!
7/13/09 - Built!
8/11/09 - Delivered!


2G1FT1EW2A9124579
VenomZ302 is offline  
Old 09-12-2009, 11:44 AM   #45
Rockytophummer
 
Rockytophummer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Hummer H2 2010 2SS Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Maryville tn.
Posts: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickerda View Post
Never said it was fair, it was totally unscientific, that’s kind of the point.

As for dealer inventory, when the 2008 Challenger were being delivered they didn’t spend much time on the show room floor either. 2010 is the year of the Camaro, it’s even outselling the Mustang. I sincerely hope that Chevy can keep the enthusiasm and excitement up.
I was just trying to make sure the $100 bet was more fair! LOL. Like I said I'm not trying to dog V6 Camaro owners or Challenger owners. I just started reading the thread and you was talking about how your Challenger gets more stares and then at the show everyone was checking out the SRT-8 regardless all ofthe cars are bad Azz!!!!! I just remember when I think Motor Trend or Car and Driver compared the SS Camaro, Mustang GT and Challenger SRT and the Camaro SS won the contest and the next month the magazine come out stating the Challenger people were all complaining about it not being a fair fight. So I was looking at your nonscientific test and felt the same way. If GM had not come out with Camaro I would have probably been a Challenger owner myself.
Rockytophummer is offline  
Old 09-12-2009, 12:39 PM   #46
1320junkie
Account Suspended
 
Drives: The Imperial Army
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Darkside
Posts: 15,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARME View Post
Slap on some black rims to the black camaro and see how many heads you're turning. It's so rare to see black on black that everyone and their mother turns.
Black cars on black rims is very very common
1320junkie is offline  
Old 09-12-2009, 12:43 PM   #47
mrcowboy
 
mrcowboy's Avatar
 
Drives: SS Camaro RJT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South TEXAS
Posts: 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
Black cars on black rims is very very common
Agree....less common would be white/white rims

I don't think I can pull it off and might just go white/black
__________________
mrcowboy is offline  
Old 09-12-2009, 12:50 PM   #48
BAD BRAD
 
Drives: 1969 CAMARO 2010 CAMARO
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: BROWNWOOD TEXAS
Posts: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARME View Post
lol challengers are so ugly. Big piece of junk if you ask me. I was riding behind a black on black challenger (just like my camaro) and everyone was staring at my camaro, not the little girly car infront of me :P
SORRY U DONT LIKE CHALLENGER BUT PLEASE DONT TALK TRASH ABOUT CAR U KNOW NOTHIN ABOUT. I OWN BOTH 2008 STR8 CHALLENGER AND 2010 SSRS RJT. CHALLENGER STILL GETS MORE ATTENTION THAN MY CAMARO LOVE BOTH CARS NO NEED TO BASH MOPAR BECAUSE U DONT LIKE IT.
BAD BRAD is offline  
Old 09-12-2009, 01:00 PM   #49
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!
 
JewelZ's Avatar
 
Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: san antonio, tx
Posts: 1,325
Its the color for sure. Also you are in an LS. I have had my 2LT/RS/Auto CGM for about 3 weeks now and everytime I'm on the road all 960 miles driven I have got atleast one person in a Mustang, or Chally that has rolled down there windows waving or even following me until I come to a stop to talk about. Last night this lady did circles around me on the interstate in her '02 GT Mustang and finaly(scared the crap out of me) finaly she rolled down her window and was excited as heck to see it. You need new rimes and upgrade it a little. My CGM I personaly think out does any Chally in my neighborhood in the popularity contest.
__________________
CGM( GRAY 2 tone interior ) 2LT/RS/AUTO

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
JewelZ is offline  
Old 09-12-2009, 01:05 PM   #50
patriotpa
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
Posts: 1,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckbo View Post
My LT was parked next to a Challenger SRT at a local cruise night and the Camaro easily attracted more attention and positive comments.
patriotpa is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Tags
1ls, cgm, challenger

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Camaro Laws ChevyNut Off-topic Discussions 102 06-06-2011 10:34 PM
Some thoughts on "recent" developments on this site.... fbodfather 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 258 05-08-2009 10:24 PM
Interesting meeting between Red SRT Challenger and V6 Camaro GatorBlue371 Chevy Camaro vs... 51 03-10-2009 05:05 PM
Comparison Test, by Proxy: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro vs. 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 AirGoya Chevy Camaro vs... 86 07-24-2008 11:20 AM
2009 Dodge Challenger Press Release (introducing model lineup) Tran General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 8 03-20-2008 12:47 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.