Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Nickey Chicago
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 09-12-2009, 02:00 PM   #1
UCI CamaroFan
Zot!

Drives: Toyota 4Runner
How prevalent are defects from the factory?

Hi.

I was washing/waxing my car earlier, and today I noticed a number of small dings in my car, in various spots. I know that they could not have happened from other people because they are in spots that a door would not really hit (beneath the side view mirror for example). In addition, I have a small little dent that is protruding outwards from my car, so a rock/car could not have done it.

Anyways, I was wondering if anybody else has noticed small defects in their car. Also, (and I realize this may be a long shot) does Chevrolet do anything about these defects that may have come from the factory? Quality control, etc?
Old 09-12-2009, 02:46 PM   #2
PsyDoc

Drives: Soon-to-be 1st Gen
First, as I'm sure you are aware, no car is 100% perfect. And yes, cars come from the factory with little things wrong; some we notice, others we do not because we cannot see them. A friend of mine bought a brand new GM car about 5 years ago. The first hard rain soaked the front interior of the car. Why? His car was missing a section 6-8" or so of windshield sealant.

Some of the little dents could easily be from the stamping of the metal, especially were a hole is for something like the mirror to attach to the body. If the protruding dent is bothering you, then you could always have the dealer look at it to verify it is a defect and then your option would be for their body shop to take care of it. Or, I wonder if a paint less dent repair tech could do it. Granted, they are used to pulling dents out rather than pushing them in.
PsyDoc is offline   Reply With Quote