Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

autoguy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 09-12-2009, 03:06 PM   #1
GreyGhost

Drives: Custom CGM/Pearl White 2010 Camaro
Talking Order placed...now the wait begins

Took the plunge and ordered my '10 Camaro on Friday, now the wait begins! Thanks to everyone here on the forum for contributing to the final decisions for my car.

Here are the details...
- 2LT for the leather and because 304hp will be enough to get me to work and back.
- Automatic transmission so I can choose to cruise or shift.
- 19" polished wheels, because replacing the 20" tires that come with the RS package would just cost too much!
- Sunroof instead of reverse mohawk, to let in some light and air.
- Plus a spare tire and engine block heater.

After it arrives I plan to add...
- OEM style spoiler, painted to match
- Custom painted rally stripes, from nose to tail
- Tinted windows, just because they look cool
- Maybe even the halo headlights

Thanks to this forum for helping me learn about stuff like the cost of RS tires, the warranty issue with Fix-a-Flat, and the quality of the GM car cover. The threads here, and especially the photos of interiors and exteriors were a tremendous help in choosing a favorite.

And thanks to Chuck, who took delivery of his 2LT/RS Cyber Grey last week and just happened to stop by the dealership as we were finishing up my paperwork. He was kind enough to let me look over his car to confirm I had chosen the right color (CGM is awesome)...and to let me sit in it and realize I should change my order and add the sunroof. So I did!

I had the pleasure of finding two good dealerships to work with. I can recommend Arden Peters at Dellenbach Chevy in Fort Collins, Colorado and Rich Anson at Go Chevrolet in Denver. I found Rich as a result of a post here, and chose to place my order with him. What a pleasure. He is the kind of person you want to work with when doing something fun like this.

Now to count the days...and hours...and minutes until it arrives.

CGM w/ Pearl White and Kandy Kopper FlexPaint wrap, matching bow ties and brake covers, amber halos & fogs"
Awesome image by: Hazman
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:19 PM   #2
SDCMRO1

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS
Thumbs up CGM

Nice color selection...I myself ordered a CGM and excited for it to get here. Now the wait begins...it will be a tough one.
SDCMRO1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:29 PM   #3
GreyGhost

Hey SDCMRO1 -
When did you order, and from what dealer? I live in Bronco country now, and sure enjoy giving all the locals grief about their team, but grew up in SD.

CGM w/ Pearl White and Kandy Kopper FlexPaint wrap, matching bow ties and brake covers, amber halos & fogs"
Old 09-12-2009, 10:31 PM   #4
mrcowboy

Drives: SS Camaro RJT
I'll be at the game when you guys come to town. Maybe you would want to check out what a TEXAS SIZED stadium looks like. It would be fun and you would have your Camaro by then too ^^.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:08 PM   #5
Icefsh

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS M6
GreyGhost welcome to Colorado. Even if you aren't a Bronco fan! Love my 2LT CGM. Waited about 7 weeks for mine. Really worth the wait. Got some snow tires for that new ride?
Icefsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 02:35 AM   #6
SDCMRO1

I ordered on July 16 from Bob Stall. My TPW starts Monday. So it wont be much longer til I get her. Why would you go and leave SD? Chargers 2010!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
Hey SDCMRO1 -
When did you order, and from what dealer? I live in Bronco country now, and sure enjoy giving all the locals grief about their team, but grew up in SD.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:37 AM   #7
SDCMRO1

Yeah..I know Dallas! SD's stadium is a joke! Chargers 2010!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcowboy View Post
I'll be at the game when you guys come to town. Maybe you would want to check out what a TEXAS SIZED stadium looks like. It would be fun and you would have your Camaro by then too ^^.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:08 AM   #8
Croatcamaro2010

Drives: '10 Camaro RS 1LT
totally worth it buddy, picked up mine today i get lots of looks, lots of people mouthing "nice car" on the road, a guy shouted out the window "whoa camaro" and a buncha kids that were leaving a small food joint shouted "i love your car!" ive had a grin on my face the whole day today...just hang in there, she will be in before you know it
Croatcamaro2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:26 AM   #9
GreyGhost

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcowboy View Post
Come on, Qualcomm stadium is just 40 years old...what's the big deal. I am surprised it doesn't have bench seats in the stands. I just hope our punter is working on kicking curve balls to get around the freight train-sized beast you call a score board.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:30 AM   #10
GreyGhost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icefsh View Post
GreyGhost welcome to Colorado. Even if you aren't a Bronco fan! Love my 2LT CGM. Waited about 7 weeks for mine. Really worth the wait. Got some snow tires for that new ride?
Nope. Just hoping we don't have too many "snow days" here in the front range this year. I am planning to keep my current ride for the snowiest days so I don't have to buy snow tires for the 'Maro.

Looking forward to joining some "meet and greets" in the area. Will be watching here and the CCOTR site for those.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:33 AM   #11
GreyGhost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croatcamaro2010 View Post
totally worth it buddy, picked up mine today i get lots of looks, lots of people mouthing "nice car" on the road, a guy shouted out the window "whoa camaro" and a buncha kids that were leaving a small food joint shouted "i love your car!" ive had a grin on my face the whole day today...just hang in there, she will be in before you know it
So, did you sleep at all last night....or just sit in the garage and stare at the new ride?

Congrats on getting your Camaro. I am sure the Permagrin will last for months...or even years.

No doubt you will be thinking of a thousand pointless errands that need to be run, just to get out and drive it some more.

ENJOY!

Old 09-13-2009, 02:42 PM   #12
MI2010Camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Excellent color choice! Originally I had ordered a Black 2LT, but then I was told about a sold order coming in that had been cancelled and was available; a 1SS in CGM. Decisions . . . decisions . . . wait another six weeks or take this Camaro this month. I've been searching for CGM SS pics and putting them in a folder I can browse until "I get the call".
#143575 Delivered 9/14/09
MI2010Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 02:53 PM   #13
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI2010Camaro View Post
Excellent color choice! Originally I had ordered a Black 2LT, but then I was told about a sold order coming in that had been cancelled and was available; a 1SS in CGM. Decisions . . . decisions . . . wait another six weeks or take this Camaro this month. I've been searching for CGM SS pics and putting them in a folder I can browse until "I get the call".
I got a couple for you:

-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 02:58 PM   #14
MI2010Camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Hey Thanks! I'm not worthy! :party0038:
#143575 Delivered 9/14/09
MI2010Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote