Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 09-12-2009, 04:01 PM   #1
wildcatjake
Full of Shenanigans

Drives: The pedal through the floor pan...
DONíT BE AFRAID OF ADS ABOVE MSRP

I thought I would share my recent experience in purchasing my camaro i picked up yesterday. Itís a bit long, but has some good advice for dealing with prices above msrp.

I stopped at was Cable-Dahmer Chevrolet in Independence, MO to have a look at the vettes they have in stock, hoping to take advantage of their 0% financing. They had a few vettes on the lot, but I also knew they had my orange camaro still in inventory, but priced about $10k above the msrp of $37,620. As it turns out, they added the 21" wheels, rally stripes and window tint to it, which accounted for some of the price difference, but they were still well above msrp. I decided I should at least take her for a test drive.

So we take the car out, and it's amazing, as expected. We go back into the office and start talking numbers on the camaro and what vettes they have available. The initial price they brought me for the camaro was $47,635. Ouch. So we start playing the dealership game, where I tell them Iíll drive it home if theyíll sell it for sticker price, and they bring back an offer a couple grand less than their previous one. This continues for about 6 rounds, and theyíre finally convinced Iím not going to pay more than sticker for the car. **The most important part of this conversation was showing them what I could get the car for at other dealerships, use the camaro5 forum posts to your advantage!**

The deal we worked out was they would sell the car for the original msrp plus the cost of the stripes and tint, and they would replace the 21Ē wheels with the original polished 20ís. Iím tickled pink. As it turns out, the original wheels have been put on another car to replace a set that was stolen, so guess what, I get the 21Ē wheels for $1000. I walked out of the dealership paying just over $39k for the car, which is around $3k UNDER msrp, and almost $8k under their listed price. DONíT BE AFRAID OF ADS ABOVE MSRP.

On a side note, I cannot say enough about the staff at Cable-Dahmer. I was a real hard-ass on them and they worked hard to get the sale, all the while remaining friendly and cooperative.
wildcatjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 04:27 PM   #2
1badSS/RS

Drives: Rally Yellow Transformers pkg
Congrats. Sounds like you got a great deal.
1badSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:02 PM   #3
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Manual Synergy Grn
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnaBear@SpartaChevy
Congrats on your new car!

Not sure why anybody would want to go through all that. There are a few good dealers that frequent this forum that offer MSRP or better ALL THE TIME. Why not use them?
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:18 PM   #4
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
Great job! I love hearing these stories where the customer wins!

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:26 PM   #5
Thrillz

Drives: 2012 Charger R/T / 2012 Dodge Ram
Man gratz on your car but dam that was a lot of hoops you had to go through to get it. You sure did earn it lol
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:21 PM   #6
GreyGhost

Drives: Custom CGM/Pearl White 2010 Camaro
I find car buying to be a bit of a sport, and approach it as a chance to "do my best" in the effort. Sounds like you do to, and feel good about the outcome. Congrats!

CGM w/ Pearl White and Kandy Kopper FlexPaint wrap, matching bow ties and brake covers, amber halos & fogs"
Awesome image by: Hazman
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote