Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery All Camaro related pictures, videos and other assorted media.

Old 09-14-2009, 01:23 AM   #51
tom_vilsack

Drives: fast
-the RS badge on front grill looks silly
-the rear spoiler is way to big (bias...not a fan of any rear wings)
-the front hood ok if functional
-the wheels look to close to the 10 mustang wagon wheels

tom_vilsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:31 AM   #52
JMAN311

Drives: 2013 ZL1 #386
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_vilsack View Post
-the RS badge on front grill looks silly
-the rear spoiler is way to big (bias...not a fan of any rear wings)
-the front hood ok if functional
-the wheels look to close to the 10 mustang wagon wheels
I guess you could say the style might be similar but they don't really look the same. And the SLP wheels are replicas of the vert wheels that came out 2.5 yrs ago. So if anything the Mustang wheels are taking styling queues from these wheels and just doubled the number of spokes.
SIM | A6 | Black 10-Spoke Wheels | ECF Hood Insert | Illuminated Footwells | Satin Nickel Fuel Door
2001 Corvette|M6|LG Motorsports Headers|Corsa Touring Cat-back|Magnaflow X Pipe|Hurst short-throw|Dyno tuned
JMAN311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:37 AM   #53
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Not sure about the spoiler. Maybe if it's snugged down to the body like the factory spoiler it would look better. When it was originally described to me I actually thought the TOP of the spoiler was going to have the recessed mullet like the top of the car. I thought that would be kinda cool.

Just not sure about this one...
Well, it was described to me differently too...and by the guys who were going to make them. However, that's why I put up that disclaimer!

I was told that there was some issue with the mold....don't know how or why...but that's what I was told last night.

Now...

the wheels...look GREAT. But, I thought they were supposed to be CGM colored??? Guess not....guess it's going to be black?

Spoiler. Looks good. But, doesn't look HALF as good as what I thought the reverse mohawk spoiler would have looked like. I like the ZL spoiler better. Not bad...but also not my first choice.

RS badges. Some might like it. I don't need them. People will buy them, thought....that's for sure.

Hood. Don't like the blue hood. Just not my style. It looks to 4th Gen'ish to me. I like the orange poster hood better.

Not bad. I think showing finished parts would have been wiser. But, you have to understand..... Companies have to show parts and what's up and coming. If not, potential buyers are going to run out and buy every 1st new part that they see. I could easily go buy a New Era Intake today. But, when Vararam comes out, I'll already have an intake...and won't go buy another one since I'd already have one. SLP is trying to show their products to let people in on what's coming up. Maybe they can get a few buyers to hold off (like me) until they can see their products.

I always wanted the wheels. However, there is one problem. I don't want BLACK wheels....NEVER did. I wanted CGM wheels to match my CGM Camaro. Now what the hell am I going to do?.....buy them to paint them?? Shoot............
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:49 AM   #54
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Well, it was described to me differently too...and by the guys who were going to make them. However, that's why I put up that disclaimer!

I was told that there was some issue with the mold....don't know how or why...but that's what I was told last night.

Now...

the wheels...look GREAT. But, I thought they were supposed to be CGM colored??? Guess not....guess it's going to be black?

Spoiler. Looks good. But, doesn't look HALF as good as what I thought the reverse mohawk spoiler would have looked like. I like the ZL spoiler better. Not bad...but also not my first choice.

RS badges. Some might like it. I don't need them. People will buy them, thought....that's for sure.

Hood. Don't like the blue hood. Just not my style. It looks to 4th Gen'ish to me. I like the orange poster hood better.

Not bad. I think showing finished parts would have been wiser. But, you have to understand..... Companies have to show parts and what's up and coming. If not, potential buyers are going to run out and buy every 1st new part that they see. I could easily go buy a New Era Intake today. But, when Vararam comes out, I'll already have an intake...and won't go buy another one since I'd already have one. SLP is trying to show their products to let people in on what's coming up. Maybe they can get a few buyers to hold off (like me) until they can see their products.

I always wanted the wheels. However, there is one problem. I don't want BLACK wheels....NEVER did. I wanted CGM wheels to match my CGM Camaro. Now what the hell am I going to do?.....buy them to paint them?? Shoot............
Well they should be able to custom paint them; any custom rim company worth their salt can do that.

I'm not particularly unhappy with the fact that these pieces are pre-production prototypes; that's actually a benefit for them to show us because they can take the feedback we give them and make changes if warranted. Once finished production pieces are done, it's generally too expensive to make changes at that point.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:54 AM   #55
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZcamaro View Post
Don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of SLP. I sell tons of their products and they are of the highest quality out there.

That being said...

I am disappointed in the new spoiler, I feel the one of the ZL575 car is much better and will appeal to many more people. It will only be available on the purchase of the entire ZL package, which is kind of a let down to me. Same thing goes for the hood on the ZL car.

As for the new hood, I voted for the image of the red car, as opposed to the blue car.

That is just my opinon, and not meant to take anything away from those whom may like them.

i agree with you about the red hood looking better..it is wider and looks more uniform and freeflowing..the blue actual hood looks more like a pignose and gets too narrow too fast..i seen that other hood exactly like that but it went all the way to the tip of the hood, but then it had the "mail slot" right under it...im my opinion the cowl should have went to the end of the hood onto the fascia and had the "mail slot" be the grille piece to the hood scoop..i thought that where the cowl ended was too close and too similar to the slit on the fascia..looks like a hiccup.lol
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:01 AM   #56
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I'm with KILLER74Z28. SLP is a professional performance brand, and these products are clearly incomplete. Anyone familiar with SLP knows that they make top notch products, and these only represent a fragment of their automotive genius. I'm sure that they were wishing that they had more time to finish their products. Wait for finished product photos before making any conclusive judgments.
hey just like i was told when people kept ragging on my car, dont post it if you cant accept criticism..KIller shouldnt have wrote those enormous letters cause to me thats rude in a forum. not picking or anything, but from what ive read you guys are getting WAY too upset cause of the criticism the others are giving..if you think these guys are bad you shouldnt even read them anymore cause they are being VERY polite when they do critique it..check out the forum where the dude had his windshield tinted..at least these guys arent posting here like they did on the thread..LOL..then i wouldnt even care how big you make your letters.but they posted these pics for the purpose of getting people opinions about what theyve done..if not for that they would release something nobody likes..so they post stuff like that to get opinions and make changes. cut the POSTERS SOME SLACK!!!
Old 09-14-2009, 03:05 AM   #57
2011RS/SS

Drives: 2013 427 Convertible CE
Did anybody noticed that they put a RS badge on the blue car that doesn't even have the RS package on it....wth
2011RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:13 AM   #58
Thrillz

Drives: 2012 Charger R/T / 2012 Dodge Ram
Hood is ok but wow those rims,spoiler and the badge brutal
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:16 AM   #59
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

yeah the rear end would have looked WAY better with the ground effects kit on it with the square chrome tips like mine..would have made the rear spoiler look a ton better actually..imo. i know alot of people are saying they dont want one, but is anybody gonna come out with a spoiler that sets off the car just a little bit..that ISNT the sawtooth spoiler..just one tower on each side and the top piece. something like the 80's camaros and firebirds had. i want the high wing spoiler, but when i get it,if i ever get it, im cutting 3-5 inches off it and gonna try to get it pretty close to the trunk lid
Old 09-14-2009, 03:17 AM   #60
Sideswipe

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
I know SLP can do better than that, the RS badge looks like a paper cut out, the spoiler seems just ok and the wheels are not too nice. The hood looks good though
Old 09-14-2009, 03:35 AM   #61
salohi

Drives: 90 Black Camaro, 02 Sable
no like no good

loooool
salohi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:40 AM   #62
dmack2k7

Drives: 02 mitsubishi Eclipse SpyderGT
im not feeling it. i havent read but a few post but im def not feeling it
dmack2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 04:01 AM   #63
JoshJ81

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS Black
Umm that Spoiler looks incomplete to me? Nice idea, but why can we see large gaps of light between the body and the new spoiler? I wouldn't buy that at all, it looks very cheap IMO. I like SLP and their work which is why I don't understand how they would let this spoiler make it to the public at an actual product launch and it's not even completed?

And that RS Badge, REALLY? Looks cheap. Sorry SLP but not for my money. Nice try though!

K&N Air Intake System
Muffler Delete
JoshJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 04:18 AM   #64
KIMBERSSGIRL1
2010 RS/SS Camaro Owner!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Better than Nothing!

I think I will like the SLP rear spoiler when the complete one is fit & finished and not a prototype or show piece. Looks better than the factory one anyway.
Although I still want the GM Dove tail spoiler as it hangs over the back of the trunk to make it look more Road Racier.

I don't care for the rest of the mods. But to each there own taste!
Glad there are options coming from more vendors finally!!!
Old 09-14-2009, 04:31 AM   #65
Bentley78
Rice Cooker

Drives: Avalanche Z/71, 2010 Camaro2SS
Not feeling any of that stuff, definitely dont like how the hood scoop tapers back, it looks better going straight like the Revolution model.
Bentley78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 04:36 AM   #66
JDBeck23

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2SS/RS
I like the idea that spoiler angles back a bit more than the ZL spoiler. Im interested to see when it's fitted properly, I dont like the gaps.

For the hood, I like lines of the hood, but I think it would look better if the opening were a bit wider, but kept the "taper" look on the width of the "bulge" at the rear of the hood.

The wheels... horrible. Sorry, not in the least bit interested in them. They look like a cheap copy of the wheels from one of the GMPP cars maybe the LS7, I cant remember which.

2010 2SS/RS CGM
American Racing Headers, Magnaflow axle back, Roto-Fab CAI, Audio Integrations Sub box, Alpine Type R 10, Alpine MRP-500 amp, Pro Clips iPhone Mount
JDBeck23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 04:54 AM   #67
ItIsWhatItIs

Drives: #5 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarogolfguy View Post
Can't say I care for any of the mods. The RS emblem is a bit much. The spoiler reminds of the one that was on a Saturn. The wheels do look cheap compared to what's out there. I'll take the stock camaro that I have.
What wheels are out there that actually clear those brembo brakes?
ItIsWhatItIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:11 AM   #68
ItIsWhatItIs

Drives: #5 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Well if GMPP would get their a#$ in gear maybe we would have the Dale Jr. Dovetail spoiler to also choose from for aftermarket parts. Isn't it just wonderful how part numbers exist for parts that don't exist. Must be the death of common sense. As for SLP we know they make quality parts so when things become finished we can make accurate decisions. Good or bad at least they have the gahones to show you what they are working on.
ItIsWhatItIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:48 AM   #69
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: people crazy.
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
I don't see what everyone's deal is with the wheels. They're essentially the convertible concept's wheels at a smaller size. What I don't think you all like is the paint scheme on them.

Then again, I'm trying to do as the OP said and cut SLP some slack. All that spoiler really needs done do it for it to be a home run is shorten it just a smidgeon - that'll soften how much it leans out at at an angle and would also make it look less flamboyant. I already trust that the final product will be fitted much better so I won't even bother commenting on that.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:10 AM   #70
AhX

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM\IOM
I would love to see that front badge in the new SS font.
AhX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:36 AM   #71
CARDU

Drives: Black
awww its ok
CARDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:05 AM   #72
armando416

Drives: Camaro 2SS IBM/Grand Prix
Looks like SLP missed the mark on this one. The spoiler might turk out 'OK' once properly fit, but even that definitely won't be something I'd spend my hard earned money on. The wheels and hood are definite let-downs.
armando416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:11 AM   #73
RetroDude
Owner of VIN # 35278

Drives: IBM 2SS, A6, Leather & Sunroof
I'm going to assume that this is SLP's "SS" front grille emblem.

Name:  SLP SS.JPG
Views: 417
Size:  4.7 KB

Personally, I would like to see it in the 5th Gen Font and not that of the 1st.

Rear Spoiler looks good and will probably look even better when mounted correctly, but untill then .......... I guess this will half to do.

Hood Scoop ( on Blue ) looks to have a too small of opening and reminds me too much of the 4th Gen, while the Red ( photoshoped ) picture look more "Muscular" and 5th Gen IMO.

All in all, I'm still waiting to see what other aftermarketers will come up with, but would prefer my Camaro to be designed with parts that still make it look like a 5th Gen and not a "cut and past" of 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Gen part add ons if you know what I mean!

Name:  New Camaro Photos-05 (2)l99.JPG
Views: 430
Size:  117.5 KB
RetroDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:25 AM   #74
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: people crazy.
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDude View Post
I'm going to assume that this is SLP's "SS" front grille emblem.

Personally, I would like to see it in the 5th Gen Font and not that of the 1st.

The Revolution Supersport Company claims to be making a bowtie replacement similar to SLP's except with the 5th-gen font, but I've yet to see any photos of it. They do have pictures of a center-grille SS in 5th-gen font, but it's part of an entirely different grille.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:32 AM   #75
Shifty 6

Drives: 2010 GTI
I actually read the intro...so not dumping on the quality. I am not a fan of the hoods but if I had to pick the orange. The spoiler looks OK. Less is generally more for me. The wheels look just as narrow as the stockers, I am sure to allow you to use the stock tires if desired. I think I would rather see the stock wheel wider or the LS7 wheel (thanks Hylton).
Shifty 6 is offline   Reply With Quote