Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 09-14-2009, 05:15 PM   #1
Stewcam

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Camaro order question

Hello to everyone. This is my first post as I put my deposit down ($1,000) 9/7/09 to order a new Camaro SS/RS from Buckalew Chevrolet in Conroe, TX. In the past I have had 68, 69, 70-1/2, and 72 Z28's and plan to take this new Camaro to Late Model Racecraft in Houston to supercharge, etc.

I called my sales guy today to get the order number and he said they plan to make the order (with two other camaro's) next week. I asked him why the delay and he assured me they had the allocation and just wanted to package them. Didn't make much sense to me but it is been along time since I ordered a car.

Thought you guys would know the ropes and tell me if it is BS or not.

I have a 300C SRT8 that I will be keeping along with Camaro for my everyday driver. I am hoping to have about 1050 HP in the garage when I get done.

Thanks!
Stewcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:08 PM   #2
CloudXTC

Drives: 1LT|RS|SIM|M6|BA Stereo
dont see the purpose of "packaging" anything since it would mean a car will be built and delivered late...

i call bs on your dealer's part... i would figure they would want to recycle thier allocation as soon as possible so they can sell more and make more money...

1LT | RS | M6 | SIM | BA Stereo
1000 - [07-23-2009] Order Made at dealer
1100 - [08-04-2009] Preliminary order accepted
2000 - [08-25-2009] Accepted by GM
3000 - [09-01-2009] Accepted by production control TPW = 10-05-2009
3300 - [09-28-2009] Scheduled for production
3400 - [10-01-2009] Broadcast - Being Built
3800 - [10-13-2009] Produced - Built- VIN 2G1xxx54917
4200 - [10-19-2009] Shipped
5000 - [10-19-2009] Delivered to the dealer
6000 - [10-20-2009] Delivered to the customer

CloudXTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:18 PM   #3
GreyGhost

Drives: Custom CGM/Pearl White 2010 Camaro
Makes me suspicious. Sounds like they have other orders they want to place before yours...maybe for non-ordered cars. Are they selling for MSRP+ if a car is on their lot?

CGM w/ Pearl White and Kandy Kopper FlexPaint wrap, matching bow ties and brake covers, amber halos & fogs"
Awesome image by: Hazman
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:18 PM   #4
Stewcam

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudXTC View Post
dont see the purpose of "packaging" anything since it would mean a car will be built and delivered late...

i call bs on your dealer's part... i would figure they would want to recycle thier allocation as soon as possible so they can sell more and make more money...

That is my current conclusion. I will call the manager tomorrow.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:04 PM   #5
Stewcam

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
Makes me suspicious. Sounds like they have other orders they want to place before yours...maybe for non-ordered cars. Are they selling for MSRP+ if a car is on their lot?

They are selling for msrp +2,500 if on their lot. I will press them.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:06 PM   #6
jrboyd_1980
A ***'s Headache

Drives: Everything
Your in Texas. No need to pay over MSRP. I can name at least 4 dealerships that do MSRP or lower and they spread out over Texas.
jrboyd_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:08 PM   #7
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '10 2LT/RS,'14 Caddy CTS Coupe
I ordered mine on a Friday. My dealer always submits all their orders at one time and always on Thursday, This is what I was told, and that is EXACTLY what they did, one day after the order went in (1100) it went to Accepted (2000). SO with that in mind, its very possible that they do the very same thing that my dealer does, and that is "batch ordering".
Old 09-14-2009, 08:09 PM   #8
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet

Drives: SS/RS 6spd,Pace Car,ZL1,1LE,C7/Z51
I'm a dealer. I order them myself. It's BS. You don't package them. You either have allocation and place them or you invent a story. Sounds like a tall Texas tale to me.

P.S. PM if you want more info
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:22 PM   #9
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: Number Twenty-Three
I know a group of people who ordered at Buckalew... all at MSRP. If you order it's at MSRP... they have plenty of allocations as deliveries are coming very quickly there. Even have a loaded Black 2SS/RS w/ IO interior on the floor. I guess they are adding the 2500 for the people who want it right now.

I do believe they have plenty of allocation and probably already have orders in the system. The inventory Mgr there does it all. If you are talking to a sales person they won't have a clue and probably just gave you a quick line. Go in and ask for the inventory Mgr. His office is right there in the hallway across from the waiting lounge.

PM me, I have contacts there who will get real story and get this thing moving...
Old 09-14-2009, 08:32 PM   #10
Stewcam

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I know a group of people who ordered at Buckalew... all at MSRP. If you order it's at MSRP... they have plenty of allocations as deliveries are coming very quickly there. Even have a loaded Black 2SS/RS w/ IO interior on the floor. I guess they are adding the 2500 for the people who want it right now.

I do believe they have plenty of allocation and probably already have orders in the system. The inventory Mgr there does it all. If you are talking to a sales person they won't have a clue and probably just gave you a quick line. Go in and ask for the inventory Mgr. His office is right there in the hallway across from the waiting lounge.

PM me, I have contacts there who will get real story and get this thing moving...

You are correct that 2,500 over msrp is for a "right now" purchase from the lot. I will call the inventory manager then and ask him. If I don't get an expected response I will let you know. I have read good things about Buckalew and don't want to give people the wrong impression until I know the facts. Thanks again!
Old 09-14-2009, 10:27 PM   #11
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewcam View Post
You are correct that 2,500 over msrp is for a "right now" purchase from the lot. I will call the inventory manager then and ask him. If I don't get an expected response I will let you know. I have read good things about Buckalew and don't want to give people the wrong impression until I know the facts. Thanks again!
No problems there... I ordered in Oct and got updates all the way. Get your order number and a printout of the Workbench order form to make sure all the options went in right...
Old 09-14-2009, 10:35 PM   #12
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: The Sassiest V6 in the South!
i live just east of conroe and am not buying from buckalew. i am going south to classic in sugarland. i have just heard some bad stories about them and also munday in spring.
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:08 PM   #13
Stewcam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewcam View Post
Hello to everyone. This is my first post as I put my deposit down ($1,000) 9/7/09 to order a new Camaro SS/RS from Buckalew Chevrolet in Conroe, TX. In the past I have had 68, 69, 70-1/2, and 72 Z28's and plan to take this new Camaro to Late Model Racecraft in Houston to supercharge, etc.

I called my sales guy today to get the order number and he said they plan to make the order (with two other camaro's) next week. I asked him why the delay and he assured me they had the allocation and just wanted to package them. Didn't make much sense to me but it is been along time since I ordered a car.

Thought you guys would know the ropes and tell me if it is BS or not.

I have a 300C SRT8 that I will be keeping along with Camaro for my everyday driver. I am hoping to have about 1050 HP in the garage when I get done.

Thanks!
I think I am in good shape now. Received an order number from the inventory manager. Thanks for everyone's comments.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:38 AM   #14
CyberGray2SSRS

Drives: SOON 2010 Cyber Gray 2SSRS
I placed an order for a CGM 2SS/RS the same day (labor day) you did from Buckalew! I got my order number yesterday as well. I was told the same "story", the orders would be placed next week. I don't think they were feeding us a lie, since we both of us got order number on the same day. I've been working with Danny Sommerfeld, he has been a stand up guy.
CyberGray2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 05:23 PM   #15
Stewcam

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberGray2SSRS View Post
I placed an order for a CGM 2SS/RS the same day (labor day) you did from Buckalew! I got my order number yesterday as well. I was told the same "story", the orders would be placed next week. I don't think they were feeding us a lie, since we both of us got order number on the same day. I've been working with Danny Sommerfeld, he has been a stand up guy.
I agree.