Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences Share review & feedback on vendors and sellers

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 11:58 AM   #1
talwell

Drives: 1969 LS1 Camaro
Camaro Scotty Does It Again

Thanks to Camaro Scotty for once again proving his status as a valuable member to this community.

About 2 months ago I came to this forum looking for information and trying to locate a car to buy. I had a specific car that I wanted but did not want to order and wait for it to be built. All the dealers within 250 miles of me that had cars in stock were marking up the sticker - something I am totally against.

After talking to Scotty a few times - he referred me to Anna Bearinger @ Sparta Chevy in Michigan. Rather than to make me wait a few weeks for his allocations to come available he reached out to Anna to assist me with my order. She had allocations available and going in within a few days. Not only this, Anna offers at MSRP and honors any and all GM discounts.

Needless to say, I placed my order on 8/12 and to my shock the car was built on 9/12 - JUST 30 DAYS FROM ORDER TO COMPLETION. As well, being that Sparta Chevy is located just 700 miles from the plant all cars are shipped to them by truck and usually arrive in a few days after shipping - no rails, no storage yards or any of the other time delays.

So once again - thank you to Camaro Scotty for being the selfless person that you are and thank you to Anna Bearinger from Sparta Chevy for the great experience to date and being a truely honorable member of the "Camaro Scotty Approved Network" of dealers. If you are ready to order you car or are sitting at at 1100 status - do yourself a favor and talk to Scotty or Anna as I did and I will be driving my brand new car very soon.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:17 PM   #2
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Manual Synergy Grn
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnaBear@SpartaChevy
Talwell, thank you sooo much for the kind words.

Scotty is an awesome guy. Always there to help out!

Can't wait 'til your car gets here...it's gonna be gorgeous.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:26 PM   #3
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Thumbs up

SHARIN' THE CAMARO LOVE!

That's what an Camaro enthusiast does....going above being just another salesman!

Old 09-15-2009, 01:20 PM   #4
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Another great Camaro5 Connection You gotta love this place!
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; Subthump; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Old 11-30-2009, 09:32 PM   #5
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Js View Post
Another great Camaro5 Connection You gotta love this place!
I DO Love this place!

Heck, I even sold a VETTE today.... $13,000 of MSRP! Feelin the LOVE on THAT ONE!
Old 11-30-2009, 09:41 PM   #6
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Treating people right. Isn't it GREAT!!!
Old 12-01-2009, 04:29 PM   #7
chieffarkas

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, SIM, M6
My Camaro story. Thank You Camaro Scotty

When I first decided that I absolutely had to have the new 2010 Camaro, I was sitting in my office in Baghdad Iraq. Shortly after that my journey lead me to the discovery of the Camaro5 boards, where I passed much of my time deployed, plotting, planning scheming and learning everything there was to know about buying a Camaro.

What all my internet research didn't give me was patience. While I was home on R&R leave in August I went to my local dealership and ordered my dream car. MSRP deal with a 500$ deposit and my car was set for delivery in December or January.....I thought I could wait, but patience was not my friend.

While I was sitting and pining for my new hotrod on the Camaro5 boards, and posting something to the fact that I was still sitting at 1100, I was contacted by Camaro Scotty, who informed me that he could get me an immediate allocation. We discussed several options for delivery (more on this later) and he informed me that he would be honoring all of the available discounts.

So it was back into wait mode, which wasn't bad since I had a couple of months left on my deployment. September, October and the beginning of November went by, while I followed my car through production. The middle of November I began my long trip home, and the timing was pretty good as my Camaro was just getting delivered to Wisconson. Now the problem was how to get it down to North Carolina.

Now, I know what you are thinking....just fly up there and drive it back down. I was thinking the same thing, but my wife and son who had missed me for a whole year were trying to make up on some of that time where I was away, and they weren't about to let me go up to WI...with a two day drive home. So I decided to take Scotty up on his offer to drive it down.

It ends up that Scotty's dealer insurance only covers WI and the surrounding states, so that wasn't a possibility anymore. Anyway, we worked out a deal where a private company would pick her up and deliver her down to me in NC.

She was picked up the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, and I was hoping to get her down here by Thursday, but that wasn't to be, since the driver had other stops to make and encountered some minor difficulties in Chicago. He delivered her on Sunday and I've spent the last two days in PERMAGRIN. Today I got the stripes put on, hood spears, gill accents, and the retro 67 badges.

Anyway....thanks to Camaro Scotty, you were easy to work with. I appriciated the varying ways that I could get in contact. Internet, Cell Phone, E-mail, Facebook.....you would be surprised how many dealerships are still in the dark ages of the information world.

CW3 Jeffrey Farkas
Brigade Targeting Officer
3rd Brigade, 82nd Airborne Division
Fort Bragg, North Carolina
Attached Images

Old 12-01-2009, 04:36 PM   #8
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Looks fantastic! Congrats!!
Old 12-01-2009, 04:41 PM   #9
camaroincarolina

Drives: 1SS Aqua Blue Metallic
Congratulations! You should bring her down to Columbia,SC on Saturday for our Camaro 5meet and greet. Let me know if you want the details.

Thanks for your service!
Old 12-01-2009, 05:58 PM   #10
stikSS
9691 & 97586

Drives: '10 Camaro SS and 2LT
Congrats man!!!..... I am part of a Camaro Club in Fayetteville, would like for ya to join if ur interested!.

camaroincarolina stated that we have a 3 state meet up this Saturday in Columbia SC, there are several of us headed down there from Fayetteville, hope you can make it.

Check ur PMs!
Old 12-01-2009, 06:02 PM   #11
Windy City

Drives: Not enough room here!
C'Grats on the car and a big thank you for putting in your time overseas! :party0038:
Scott is a great guy and Newman is a great place to deal with. He got me a new truck for my company and di right by me!
Keep up the good work Scotty!
Old 01-03-2010, 08:28 AM   #12
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Thanks Jeff - it was a PLEASURE working with you! The car is already taking shape, and it left here a week ago!

Glad you got to come home for the holidays and some well deserved time with the family - I wish you all the best! Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you, or your friends - I'd be more than happy to help out!
Old 01-03-2010, 08:55 AM   #13
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
The world needs more people like CamaroScotty!
Old 01-03-2010, 01:26 PM   #14
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Just goes to show you that there are a lot of good dealers out there. It is just a shame that a few are the ones that start the bad rumors. Can't say I was very happy with my dealer but the job got done, just don't every want to go through that again.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:12 PM   #15
anthonybyram

Drives: 1972 Z28, torch red,454
Theres car dealers then theres car enthusiasts, Scotty,you and Anna are definately car enthusiasts who happen to be car dealers as well! A very rare group! Congratulations! Now I dont even know these folks, but I can tell you that if there in here they love Camaros, so I would say that if you are going to get a new Camaro or are planning to, that these folks are who you need to see. I think you will be in good hands!

Last edited by anthonybyram; 01-03-2010 at 05:35 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:15 PM   #16
Lydon

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Thumbs up Very Kool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_bank_robber View Post
Talwell, thank you sooo much for the kind words.

Scotty is an awesome guy. Always there to help out!

Can't wait 'til your car gets here...it's gonna be gorgeous.
Very kool of you Anna and Scotty for taking care of Talwell like that - you guys are awesome.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:06 PM   #17
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Big thanks to CamaroScotty!

Thanks to CamaroScotty for helping me with my Camaro purchase. Even though I bought my car from a local dealer here in Ohio, Scotty made me aware of all the rebates that I was eligible for. We're lucky to have him as a member of our Camaro5 community. Thank you!
Old 01-05-2010, 07:16 PM   #18
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN

Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Thanks to CamaroScotty for helping me with my Camaro purchase. Even though I bought my car from a local dealer here in Ohio, Scotty made me aware of all the rebates that I was eligible for. We're lucky to have him as a member of our Camaro5 community. Thank you!
He's a good guy, and we are lucky to have him in our community. It's good that you were able to have such an educated, classy guy handle your case.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:01 PM   #19
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

We will just add you to the many people who have thanked CamaroScotty for his help, insight, information and honesty. Camaro5 is a better place, and we are all educated consumers because of him.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:05 PM   #20
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN

Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul SS View Post
We will just add you to the many people who have thanked CamaroScotty for his help, insight, information and honesty. Camaro5 is a better place , and we are all educated consumers because of him.
He's been really important to the community for a long time. For all of those new members who don't know, he's truly an expert, not just a dealer who studies the bare minimum to sell a car.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:38 PM   #21
AmericanV8

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, Chrysler 300 SRT8
Scott Volkert aka CamaroScotty does it again!!

Hey all,

I know Scott is already a household name to all of us Camaro5 members but i just want to emphasize how pleased I am with purchasing my camaro from Scott at Newman Chevrolet. Great price, service, and overall sales experience. Scott is truly an enthusiast and values sharing the Camaro love more than just making a sale. If anybody is interested in a Camaro do yourself a favor and give Scott a call. You will not be disappointed. Scott is the Man!!

:thum bup:

Below are some crappy pics from my iphone. Sorry, I'll get some better ones up.

Last edited by AmericanV8; 01-11-2010 at 07:54 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:43 PM   #22
AmericanV8

Can anyone give me some help on posting pics from phtobucket??? LOL!
Old 01-11-2010, 07:45 PM   #23
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Do you have the URL to your Photobucket account?
Old 01-11-2010, 07:55 PM   #24
AmericanV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Do you have the URL to your Photobucket account?
Figured it out. Thanks!
Old 01-11-2010, 09:20 PM   #25
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

A knowledgeable salesman, how refreshing. If you don't the product you are selling, you can't be selling it.

Closed Thread