Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Exterior Parts & Accessories

Exterior Parts & Accessories All exterior parts and accessories.

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 12-10-2011, 08:38 AM   #376
HeadlightArmor

Drives: Company Car
Headlight Armor Holiday Sale Continues!

Offer ends Midnight CST
Old 12-11-2011, 02:06 PM   #377
HeadlightArmor

Post International Economy Shipping Cut Off

For all our international customers today Sunday December 11th is likely the last day to get your order in with us for delivery before Christmas. Delivery times will vary, so best to get your order in early. Economy international orders are insured, but tracking will not be available.

Please let us know if you have any questions.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:04 AM   #378
HeadlightArmor

‎18 % Off all Lighting Protection and Smoked Taillight Kits ends at 11:59:59 PM CST Dec 13th

Old 12-14-2011, 08:51 AM   #379
HeadlightArmor

‎17 % Off all Lighting Protection and Smoked Taillight Kits ends at 11:59:59 PM CST Dec 15th

Old 12-16-2011, 08:37 AM   #380
HeadlightArmor

16 % Off all Lighting Protection and Smoked Taillight Kits ends at 11:59:59 PM CST Dec 17th

Friday is here and the clock is ticking. Today is the last day for all International Express orders to be placed for delivery in time for Christmas to most locations. Today is also the last day for you domestic USA folks to enjoy free economy shipping and still get your order by Christmas.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:38 AM   #381
HeadlightArmor

15 % Off all Lighting Protection and Smoked Taillight Kits ends at 11:59:59 PM CST Dec 19th

Old 12-19-2011, 05:58 PM   #382
HeadlightArmor

For all the last minute shoppers out there, the clock is ticking. You might be able to get your order delivered by the 24th if you order by noon on the 20th and select Priority Mail, but if the order is time critical, Express Mail is the only way that USPS Guarantees delivery by the 24th. All Express orders must be in by 2PM on the 22nd.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:49 PM   #383
HeadlightArmor

14 % Off all Lighting Protection and Smoked Taillight Kits ends at 11:59:59 PM CST Dec 21th

If you are a domestic USA customer and need your items before Christmas, you need to selece Express Mail shipping and get your order in before 2PM CDT on the 22nd!
Old 12-20-2011, 09:36 PM   #384
SGDM
Scorched Dark Earth

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
Just ordered fog and tail light kit...Thanks!

Who Dares...Wins

Vini, Vidi, Nates, Calce Concidi!
SGDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 02:25 PM   #385
RichGreene
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 1SS M6 Green 1993 Custom Eldo
I was about ready to order but noticed you wrote that you cant store them for future use. By the time Id get them the temps will be too low. What do they do get brittle, shrink if stored ??
RichGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:19 PM   #386
HeadlightArmor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGDM View Post
Just ordered fog and tail light kit...Thanks!
Shipped!

Merry Christmas from Headlight Armor! After a week of long nights and early days we are happy to report all ordered received by 4:30 12/23/2011 shipped 12/23/2011 - before the Christmas break! Hope everybody has a great holiday weekend! Holiday weekend orders will begin shipping on Tuesday as Monday is a postal holiday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichGreene View Post
I was about ready to order but noticed you wrote that you cant store them for future use. By the time Id get them the temps will be too low. What do they do get brittle, shrink if stored ??
No we do not recommend sitting them on a shelf for later use, they are all made to order and you are better off ordering them when you need them. Makes sense for most other things too
Old 01-01-2012, 12:39 PM   #387
carlo71

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Do you have any New Years shipping deals for forum members??
PM for info... thanks!! looking for the entire 10-11 Chevrolet Camaro Smoked Taillight and Side Reflectors and Reverse Lights Kit
carlo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:40 PM   #388
motley1987

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT
I got the whole kit and started with the reverse lights and front turn signals first since they looked the easiest. I don't have a garage so I was worried about doing the rest outside but since I'm impatient, I decided to do the fog lights next. I used water to give me a better shot of lining everything up, and also used a hair dryer to soften the overlays and the glass itself. I got nervous a couple of times when I couldn't get one section on each side to stick. After working on them for awhile and keeping the hair dryer on them, I finally got them to stick all around so I was happy with the result. It's supposed to be colder tomorrow, but I think I'm going to set up a couple of small heaters by the taillights to warm them up and use the hair dryer to get those on. If all goes well I'll try the headlights but those worry me since those are the biggest. Hopefully I'll be posting finished pics very soon!

Ben
motley1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:26 PM   #389
HeadlightArmor

carlo71, we currently just have free domestic shipping on orders over $75

motley1987, glad to see you are getting them done! The headlights are among the easiest headlight kits we have (same for the taillights). Should not be an issue.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:16 PM   #390
motley1987

Well I got them all done today. Luckily I'm pretty good at rigging stuff to compensate for my lack of skill or workspace. My garage was converted by the previous owner into a family room, but there's still maybe 6 feet of space in the front I use as a shed. So I pulled my car in about a foot and set up two 5 gallon buckets with small space heaters aimed at the taillights to warm them up. Then I used a hair dryer to warm the overlays before spraying the lights and overlays with very warm water (figured this would help combat the low temps outside). Other than blowing a fuse when all 3 were running at the same time and a couple bubbles here and there, the install went really well. I love how they look. I haven't done the side markers yet since I don't have any rally stripes or any other black on the car and I don't want the side markers to stand out more with the overlays on them, so I'll think on that for awhile before doing them. I may also put another set on the reverse lights since they don't look as dark as the other lights. Thanks Headlight Armor for a great product!

Ben
Attached Images

Old 01-02-2012, 04:15 PM   #391
RichGreene
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlightArmor View Post
Shipped!

No we do not recommend sitting them on a shelf for later use, they are all made to order and you are better off ordering them when you need them. Makes sense for most other things too
OK, just asking, I dont like to mention names but I installed tail light covers from the "Large Insect" co. and I had them sitting around about 4 months and they went on fine. I was going to finish up with yours but will wait for warm weather to order so I wont have to worry about freshness.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:48 PM   #392
HeadlightArmor

motley1987, looks great! Nice can do attitude

RichGreene, no worries. No matter who's kit you get you are always better off putting them on when you get them. But yes we have had people keep them on a shelf for a while 'getting mods together'.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:52 PM   #393
HeadlightArmor

Post Headlight Armor GT Yellow Headlight Protection on Camaro

A bit behind getting customer shots added to the side, but here is a nice one! Thanks to those who have sent photos in!

Customer Shot of the GT Yellow Headlight and Fog Light Protection Kits

Old 01-03-2012, 02:04 PM   #394
RichGreene
Account Suspended

Quote:
motley1987, looks great! Nice can do attitude

RichGreene, no worries. No matter who's kit you get you are always better off putting them on when you get them. But yes we have had people keep them on a shelf for a while 'getting mods together'.
Great. I'll order in the Spring. I'm no cheapskate and will pay full list when ready !! Thanks
Old 01-07-2012, 01:41 PM   #395
HeadlightArmor

Installing your Headlight Armor Headlight Protection or Smoked Taillight in the Cold

A few emails overnight about installing our Headlight Protection and Smoked Taillight kits when it is cold out, so thought I would quote this post from earlier.

Quote:
In the 30's and raining this weekend in Texas, so I thought I would revisit a few items for those of you doing lighting protection kit installs when it is cool / cold out. While the material is easier to use when it is warmer out you can do a successful install when it is cold out. For best results, install them when you get them, don't wait months before installing.

In a garage is really a good idea, as well as a space heater if possible if it is snowing out . Enlist the assistance of a friend and it will go quicker. You need to keep the film warm - using a hair dryer - an industrial heat gun is not necessary though you can use one on low if careful. Have the friend keep the film warm while you are applying and squeegeeing. Especially the case when compressing fingers along the perimeter of the kits.

Wrapping the squeegee with a suede detail towel will help too. As the material is going to be stiffer in the cold, just like you, you need to use more pressure on the squeegee. Hot water in you spray bottle is a good idea too. When done with your install be sure to go over the perimeter for a few minutes with the hair dryer to make sure the edges are full sealed. Any material hanging off should be trimmed flush.

Good luck with your installs and let us know if you have any questions about the above pointers.
This person installed a kit on a Charger (a lot harder thn the Camaro) at 5C
Old 01-15-2012, 12:08 PM   #396
HeadlightArmor

For those of you that have placed, or are going to place weekend orders, just a reminder: Monday is a holiday and we will be processing all long weekend orders starting Tuesday. Hope everybody is having a great weekend!
Old 01-15-2012, 12:59 PM   #397
butters
It's not the batmobile!

Drives: 2012 Camaro LFX
Is it possible to mix-n-match and do 30% on the taillights and 20% on the side markers and reverse lights?
Old 01-15-2012, 01:43 PM   #398
HeadlightArmor

All of our combo packages are only available as matched sets (i.e. all must be the same material). There can be some added efficiency in production on multiple pieces, and we pass the savings along to you in our packages. If you would like to mix and match you would need to order the individual kits.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:37 PM   #399
motley1987

One thing I noticed is that I used the smoke covers on everything, but the reverse lights looked lighter than everything else since the inside is lighter. So I put a second set on top of the first ones and it looks perfect now. And you can still see the reverse lights when they're on which helps.

Ben
Old 01-16-2012, 09:59 AM   #400
HeadlightArmor

Thanks for th efeedback motley1987. The reverse lights are going to look lighter than the taillights as they are more reflective and start out a lot brighter.