Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Exterior Parts & Accessories

Exterior Parts & Accessories All exterior parts and accessories.

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 10-05-2009, 03:05 PM   #26
cm5217
2K10 SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 SIM black stripes
To anyone thinking of getting these and are worried about self install...dont worry at all the material is so thick you would really have to mess up to not be able to fix it...i just installed the headlights foglights and front turn signals and it was real easy as long as you follow directions...now for you guys at headlight armor...I agree with that other post about the front turn signals are too small they could have been 1/8 or even 3/16 larger all the way around at first i was not going to put them on but i did and you cant tell they are on the small side...all that said i love them the fogs and headlights are perfect size..one other thing i noticed on your directions you say to do the fogs dry well that just didnt work had to use water just need to remember to turn the fogs off for the first week so as not to boil the leftover water that you cant get out but you just cant get it centered just right unless you use water. I would highly recomend this product i had the GTS covers and they just looked like shit so i tried this product and i love it so if your on the fence just jump in and try it you will like it
cm5217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 02:19 AM   #27
Luvpilot

Drives: GM
Agreed. Great material. Poor fit on the rear and sides.
Luvpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 10:04 AM   #28
HeadlightArmor

Drives: Company Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by cm5217 View Post
To anyone thinking of getting these and are worried about self install...dont worry at all the material is so thick you would really have to mess up to not be able to fix it...i just installed the headlights foglights and front turn signals and it was real easy as long as you follow directions...
Thanks! Glad to hear it. Yes the material and adhesive is very forgiving, great for the DIY'er.

Quote:
one other thing i noticed on your directions you say to do the fogs dry well that just didnt work had to use water just need to remember to turn the fogs off for the first week so as not to boil the leftover water that you cant get out but you just cant get it centered just right unless you use water.
Small fogs are usually best done dry while larger ones done with some water. The Camaro fogs are closer to small fogs than large ones, but can be done either way. Just a light mist of water would likely do the trick.

Quote:
I would highly recomend this product i had the GTS covers and they just looked like shit so i tried this product and i love it so if your on the fence just jump in and try it you will like it
Thanks again! Glad to hear you like them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvpilot View Post
Agreed. Great material. Poor fit on the rear and sides.
PM Sent.

Some additional larger photos of the reflectors in Dark Stealth Smoke

Old 10-06-2009, 11:31 AM   #29
Luvpilot

Got the PM. I'll try and get some pics up today. Like I said, love the material but the covers could be larger to fit the entire light. Mine do not cover the entire marker light like the pic above.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:05 PM   #30
HeadlightArmor

Cool HeadlightArmor Standard Smoked Side Reflectors 2010 Camaro

Some additional larger photos of the reflectors in Standard Smoke in the direct afternoon sun.

Old 10-06-2009, 12:21 PM   #31
rodimus prime
Account Suspended

Drives: Cargo van.
The light tint rears are pure sexy. Do the headlights have a light tint as well?
rodimus prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:53 PM   #32
dasubman1138

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Those look great. I will have to place an order next week. Dont, think I want the headlights blacked out, anyone have pics with the halo lights on and the dark smoke tint?
dasubman1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:31 PM   #33
Luvpilot

Pics

I took the tailights out to ensure proper placement and a good seal.

You can see it's too small on both the top and bottom

Markers

They aren't misplaced. They simply are too small to cover the lens
Old 10-06-2009, 02:31 PM   #34
HeadlightArmor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimus prime View Post
The light tint rears are pure sexy. Do the headlights have a light tint as well?
Yes we have kits for the headlights too. They are grouped on the site with the rest of the 2010 Camaro lighting protection kits here

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasubman1138 View Post
Those look great. I will have to place an order next week. Dont, think I want the headlights blacked out, anyone have pics with the halo lights on and the dark smoke tint?
Keep in mind with the headlights recessed all kits will look somewhat darker than if they were installed on a different vehicle that had a large exposed headlight with a full chrome reflector.

Quote:
I took the tailights out to ensure proper placement and a good seal. They aren't misplaced. They simply are too small to cover the lens
The smoked taillight kit is designed to be installed with both the lights and the trim bezels in place. Removing them will make alignment very challenging if possible at all.

As for the marker they will stretch a bit during the install. It is likely that if they have not been set for too many days that they can be partially lifted, warmed, stretched just that tiny bid and re-applied. Though only designed to be applied once one customer with a GTO said he removed the taillight kit when it came time for inspection and then reapplied them. Have not tried that, but it might be worth a shot.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:20 PM   #35
Luvpilot

I used the bezels for alignment with the lights off the car. Like I said it's not an alignment problem, it's a size issue. There are multiple posts with the same issue.

I'm just trying to help you improve your product. I like them. I'm going to keep them. I will probably buy the fronts. I just think if they were a slightly larger size they would be perfect.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:40 PM   #36
HeadlightArmor

Quote:
I used the bezels for alignment with the lights off the car. Like I said it's not an alignment problem, it's a size issue.
To reiterate, they are not designed to be installed off the car. That would make it way too time consuming and much more challenging that needed. With everything off the car - even using the bezels for alignment - alignment would be a challenge. I suppose there is more than one way to do things, but ours were designed with a specific application process in mind.

Quote:
There are multiple posts with the same issue.
If you are refering to this
Quote:
To anyone thinking of getting these and are worried about self install...dont worry at all the material is so thick you would really have to mess up to not be able to fix it....... the front turn signals are too small they could have been 1/8 or even 3/16 larger all the way around at first i was not going to put them on but i did and you cant tell they are on the small side
He is talking about the inset signals. The four recessed lenses - two next to each light. We will take another look at them. Keep in mind he did state that you can't tell once they are installed.

Quote:
I'm just trying to help you improve your product. I like them. I'm going to keep them. I will probably buy the fronts. I just think if they were a slightly larger size they would be perfect.
No worries thanks for the feedback. We do strive for the best fitting kits available while making them DIY install friendly. In the end there are a wide number of design factors to take into consideration.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:28 AM   #37
HeadlightArmor

Post HeadlightArmor HID Blue Fog Light Protection Kit

A photo of our Headlight Armor Fog Light Protection kit in HID Blue

Old 10-07-2009, 08:41 AM   #38
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
If you wanted to install this kit on your car professionally, where would you go to take it and get it installed?
Old 10-07-2009, 12:09 PM   #39
DON_RAFA
NY5THGEN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS/A6/SIM/IO
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkwpc View Post
If you wanted to install this kit on your car professionally, where would you go to take it and get it installed?
I would imagine an auto store like an audio or tint shop or a custom shop. Even some wheel shops have a tint man that can lay it down for you.

Quick question? I've read the instructions and seem comfortable with the headlight/foglight/taillight install. Just wondering about the reflectors, is it good to use a little water and a blow dryer like the other products? And are the letters that are on the lens an issue when laying it down?
DON_RAFA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:14 PM   #40
HeadlightArmor

Post HeadlightArmor Smoked Lighting Protection Installation

None our HeadlightArmor lighting protection kits are designed to require a 'professional' to install. They were designed with a consumer DIY in stall in mind. That said you may find some tint shops, clear bra installers, or customizers willing to do the install for you. It all depends on the particular shop. While we don't have any Camaro specific DIY tutorials on the site we do have a variety of lighting protection install guides here to give an idea as to what is involved. That said the headlights, taillights, and reflectors on the new Camaro are relatively flat as should not pose much of a significant challenge to install.

The side markers are usually done dry, though as they are flat I imagine you could use a light mist of water on them. You can also peel back the first third of the material from the backing paper to align one end as opposed to completely removing them from the backing paper. Similar to what is shown in the tutorial for the smoked Scion tC trunk mounted TBL here The material and adhesive is re-positionable and pretty forgiving. It isn't a one shot deal.

As for the letters on the reflectors, the material will settle out conforming around them, the lettering will still be readable.

Last edited by HeadlightArmor; 10-07-2009 at 03:25 PM.
HeadlightArmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:29 AM   #41
HeadlightArmor

Cool HeadlightArmor Light Smoke Fog Light Protection 2010 Camaro

A photo of our Headlight Armor Fog Light Protection kit in Light Smoke

Not much of a change in output and tones down the chrome.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:18 AM   #42
HeadlightArmor

Post Site updates and clarifications from HeadlightArmor

Been a busy week but wanted to add some updates and clarifications. From our FAQ.

Do I need to buy two items to cover both headlights?
All of our lighting kits are sold as matching sets. I.e. A set of headlight covers will cover both headlights.

Can I get a Headlight and Fog Light Protection Combo package in different materials? I.e. Clear Headlights and GT Yellow Fogs?
All of our combo packages are only available as matched sets (i.e. all must be the same material). There can be some added efficiency in production on multiple pieces, and we pass the savings along to you in our packages! If you would like to mix and match materials you would need to order each set individually.

Should I / Do I have to remove my lights from the vehicle or remove the bumper cover to install the kits?
No. While it might be possible to install our kits with the lights off the vehicle it will make the application at least twice as hard and it will make alignment difficult as all of our kits are designed to be applied with the lights on the vehicle, and in the case of the headlights, with the hood closed. Removing the bumper cover is also not necessary to install our fog light protection kits or our smoked taillight kits. Again all items are designed for application with the bumper covers in place. No need to disassemble your new vehicle. See our DIY install pages here

For the three that ordered a combo package overnight and requested a mixed package, your order will be processed as requested, as had not clarified this on the thread, only on the site. And for the one with clear headlights, the free towels will be added to your order too as part of our Clear Headlight Protection kit promotion.

Until the end of the month we are continuing to offer camaro5 members free shipping on orders over $30, by clicking here or entering camaro5 in the coupon box when you check out.

Over the summer our web designer has been working on some new product image handling on the site that will be rolled out on an ad hoc basis as time allows. Some of the new Camaro product photo handling has been updated. The following items have additional large (900 x 675 pixel) product images. Click the thumbnails under the main photo to expand within the window. (additional images will be added over time)

10 Chevrolet Camaro Smoked Taillight and Side Reflectors Kit

10 Chevrolet Camaro Smoked Taillight Kit

10 Chevrolet Camaro Smoked Reflectors Kit

10 Chevrolet Camaro Fog Light Protection Kit

Last edited by HeadlightArmor; 10-09-2009 at 12:09 PM.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:17 AM   #43
HeadlightArmor

As a reminder, Monday the 12th is a federal postal holiday. All weekend orders with ship starting on Tuesday the 13th. Generally speaking we process all orders in the order in which they are placed. Have a great weekend!
Old 10-13-2009, 04:41 PM   #44
HeadlightArmor

Post HeadlightArmor Clear Fog Light Protection Kit 2010 Camaro

HeadlightArmor Clear Fog Light Protection for your 2010 Camaro, great for protecting your lights from road hazards. Ideal for those not looking to alter the color / appearance of their lights.

All long weekend orders are shipping today!

Last edited by HeadlightArmor; 10-14-2009 at 04:10 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:17 PM   #45
HeadlightArmor

Post Headlight Armor Clear Headlight Protection Kits for the new Camaro

HeadlightArmor Clear Headlight Signals, and Fog Light Protection Kits or HeadlightArmor Clear Headlight and Signals Protection Kits for your 2010 Camaro, great for protecting your lights from road hazards. Ideal for those not looking to alter the color / appearance of their lights.

Old 10-14-2009, 04:30 PM   #46
tjd24
Thank you Oshawa/St.Cats!

Drives: 2010 2LT RS 2G1FC1EV4A9103434
Perhaps a wacky question - do the HID Blue Signal covers shine through as amber or do they take on a "yellow + blue = green" hue? Just curious before I place an order - perhaps HID Blue Headlight / Fog Light with Clear Singal may work to avoid what I asked above?

Thanks.
#3434 Born 4-15-2009, Delivered 5-22-2009 BBOMG 2/3/4 & booked for #5
tjd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:03 AM   #47
HeadlightArmor

The Headlight Armor HID Blue Headlight Protection kits are not going to change the output of the signals in any significant way. They will not shine green.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:23 AM   #48
HeadlightArmor

Post Professional grade microfiber detail cloths also available from Headlight Armor

To help aid your installs we also have Suede Microfiber Towels available in a 2pk. They measure ~15" x 15" (38cm x 38cm) and have a smooth suede like finish and are highly absorbent. Great for wrapping your squeegee during your install. Highly recommended for DIY installation of all of our Headlight Protection kit and Smoked Taillight kits. New Lower Price! Click image to go to the site.

We have also just added a fluffy yellow looped microfiber towel to the site. They measure ~16" x 16" (40cm x 40cm). Fully looped microfiber with a medium pile and a fully sewn edge. These microfiber looped detail cloths are a favorite with auto enthusiasts and detailers alike. They are super absorbent - great for cleaning your vehicles lights both before and after the application of all of our lighting protection kits. Great for routine car care and detailing. Great around the home or office too. Packaged and sold individually. Click image to go to the site.

Old 10-16-2009, 11:45 AM   #49
HeadlightArmor

Post HeadlightArmor Camaro Headlight Protection Kits

For those thinking that they don't need a headlight protection kit because the lights are plastic and really strong, take a look at some vehicles even just a few years old the next time you are out and about. Or for that matter how were the headlights of your previous vehicle? Like most they probably suffered a slow death being slowly sand blasted and subsequently attacked by the sun.

I saw the thread from GM Parts Direct, they now have RS headlights in stock and on their site. List price $1,616.72 per pair and a blow out price of $1,176.97 per pair.

Not sure about the 'standard' Camaro headlight pricing though given the price of the headlights on other GM models it is likely in the hundreds of dollars.

Adding a Headlight Armor Lighting Protection kit is inexpensive insurance!

Headlight, Front Signals, and Fog Light Protection Kit - Click for more information

Headlight and Front Signals Protection Kit - Click for more information
Old 10-19-2009, 06:10 PM   #50
HeadlightArmor

Post HeadlightArmor Headlight Protection kit only 2010 Camaro

By popular request we have added a kit for just the two headlights themselves. Click the photo to go to the item on the site.

Great for those with aftermarket grills and those just looking for the headlight protection kit on its own. Saves some money too.

In the kits that include the front signals, these are designed to be used with the stock grill only. Additionally, last week we increased the size of the pieces for the signals. They are harder to install given their size, location and the grill itself.