Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Exterior Parts & Accessories

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 03-24-2011, 03:29 PM   #295
SSMOKINHOT
obseSSed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I had never done anything like that before either and installation was EXTREMELY SIMPLE!!! They have a video of installation procedures....just watch the videos and follow the instructions!! Save your $$$ for more mods!!!!
Old 03-24-2011, 03:43 PM   #296
woolfman72

Drives: Black 1LT RS
Well i took the leap and placed my order!
woolfman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:26 PM   #297
HeadlightArmor

Drives: Company Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by woolfman72 View Post
I am wanting to order these but wary of my installing skills. Anyone have any issues that i might look out for? I have never tinted or done this kind of work before.
I got one quote from a place here in town and they want 300 bucks to do the front and back . (their mats) So this is looking like something i am going to do . If i screw up a piece or two is there a way to just order what i mess up?

thanks!
While a few people have had some issues, the material is very forgiving and frankly the lights on the Camaro are some of the easier applications we have available. Given the small size of the taillights and the fact they are recessed if you have huge hands, the install is a little more work. As for discounted single side replacements, we do have them available as needed, though the actual need is very rare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMOKINHOT View Post
I had never done anything like that before either and installation was EXTREMELY SIMPLE!!! They have a video of installation procedures....just watch the videos and follow the instructions!! Save your $$$ for more mods!!!!

Quote:
Well i took the leap and placed my order!
Should go out on Friday.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:51 AM   #298
CamaroHutch

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RJT
Just placed an order for pretty much everything ... Smoke Headlight, Tail Light, reverse lights, side markers, signal lights, and fog lights... cant wait to get them!

I believe I ordered a set of tail light covers for an 2007 IS250 several years back... was very happy with them too... hope to be with these as well (they look to install a whole lot easier that those Lexus tail lights were)

2SS RS RJT

Delivery?? 5/27/09 #10630

AFTERMARKET:
Hurst STS
Borla ATAK Catback
CamaroHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 03:25 PM   #299
HeadlightArmor

Thanks, your order should go out Monday. All the kits for the Camaro are pretty straight forward to apply! A lot easier than some of what we have available for other vehicles.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:09 PM   #300
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
I know you guys say not to use aftermarket lighting with the headlight armor because it can melt it. If I did the foglight blackouts with these fog lights: http://www.automotivelightstore.com/P13W.aspx would that cause any problems?

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:10 PM   #301
woolfman72

Drives: Black 1LT RS
I got mine installed today ... Looks great!
Attached Images

Last edited by woolfman72; 03-29-2011 at 05:24 PM.
woolfman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:41 PM   #302
SSMOKINHOT
obseSSed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
I got mine installed today ... Looks great!

Looks AWESOME woolfman!!
Old 03-29-2011, 05:46 PM   #303
HeadlightArmor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post
I know you guys say not to use aftermarket lighting with the headlight armor because it can melt it. If I did the foglight blackouts with these fog lights: http://www.automotivelightstore.com/P13W.aspx would that cause any problems?
I looked at the link - for LED plug ins - they should not be a problem as most LED's I am aware of run cooler on the front side than a halogen or standard incandescent bulbs. The main issue with heat is to the adhesive. We have tested the adhesive to applied surface temps just over 200 F without issue. Some 'hi output' bulbs run way to hot - producing a lot more incremental heat than incremental light. Get the lens too hot and the adhesive we use will burn. This is not an issue with stock bulbs, or LED's that we are aware of.

We have a lot of Porsche 997 customers that protect the bumper LED bar without issue.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:48 PM   #304
HeadlightArmor

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMOKINHOT View Post
Looks AWESOME woolfman!!
+2, Looks great! Thanks for posting!
Old 03-29-2011, 05:49 PM   #305
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlightArmor View Post
I looked at the link - for LED plug ins - they should not be a problem as most LED's I am aware of run cooler on the front side than a halogen or standard incandescent bulbs. The main issue with heat is to the adhesive. We have tested the adhesive to applied surface temps just over 200 F without issue. Some 'hi output' bulbs run way to hot - producing a lot more incremental heat than incremental light. Get the lens too hot and the adhesive we use will burn. This is not an issue with stock bulbs, or LED's that we are aware of.

We have a lot of Porsche 997 customers that protect the bumper LED bar without issue.
Ok thanks! Do you have any pics of the fog light stealth smoke with the lights on?

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:35 AM   #306
HeadlightArmor

Sorry for the delay, sorry no photos available with the lights on. The Stealth Smoke on the DRL's will block most of their output though.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:59 PM   #307
HeadlightArmor

For those who missed it, headlight Armor's March Photo Contest Finalists are up. One will win $75 for our choice, and the one with the most 'likes' will win the $25 Fan Choice Prize, tell your friends. Click "Like" on Your Favorite Photo to Vote for Your Fan Favorite by 7PM Pacific 10PM Eastern on April 8, 2011

Click to vote for your favorite.

Have something from Headlight Armor installed? Need some extra Cash? Get out and take some interesting photos, and Enter April's Contest!

Thanks to all those who entered and good luck to the finalists!

Old 04-05-2011, 01:24 PM   #308
kbeast

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS V6
Just placed my order. Do you know if I will get them in before the weekend?
kbeast is offline   Reply With Quote