Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SDPC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Exterior Parts & Accessories

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 05-24-2011, 05:14 PM   #323
modawg2k

Drives: Topless 2SS/RS IOM
Any update on the brake light for the vert? I have the front and back lights all in my shopping cart on the website ready to ring out but this will leave my brake light still a regular red color compared to the darkest tint that I want.
modawg2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:12 PM   #324
HeadlightArmor

Drives: Company Car
We had hoped to take a look at one but have yet to find one. Hopefully we will be able to take a look at adding it in June.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:58 PM   #325
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadG View Post
I picked up some Plexus at the local Harley shop, thank you for the tip. I am doing the install for the entire car in sections as my two-year old son allows me to have the time.

I did my side markers a few weeks ago and I did them wet. It took a couple of weeks but now all of the bubbles have dissipated and they look great.

I did the front signal markers and headlights today and have some general comments.

1. The signal markers were a little tedious to get under the grill and floated correctly but overall were fairly easy to install and look fantastic.

2. The headlight pieces were considerably more involved. The pieces were about 1/2" too short in the vertical direction. I heated the material using a hair dryer and stretched it considerably but in the end I still have about 1/4" of the upper part of the headlight not covered. This is not a big deal because you have to literally stoop in front of the car and look upward into the grill to see this.

3. With the headlights off they look AMAZING. There are no noticeable bubbles with the lights off. With the headlights on; however, there is considerable hazing in the light which I assume will go away over time as the adhesive sets and cures and the vinyl shrinks.

Here are some pictures on my install, you can see the hazing that I mentioned in the pictures with the headlights on. Please let me know what you think.
So checking in a year after installation. The side marker, reverse light and tail light vinyl has held up very well and still looks as good as the initial install. I keep the vehicle very clean and clean the vinyl with Plexus for maintenance. The headlight and turn signal vinyl; however, is starting to separate and form small bubbles around the edges. Is this normal, and is there anything that can be done to fix it? Once I get the car cleaned up I'll take some photos and post.
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 01:13 PM   #326
ChadG

Here is the best picture which illustrates how the vinyl is starting to separate from the headlight (you can see three small bubbles spaced along the upper right hand side of the headlight in this picture). Do you think it is going to get worse? Is there something I can do to fix it?
Attached Images

Old 06-05-2011, 02:26 PM   #327
HeadlightArmor

Can't really tell, from the photo they look fine. I would keep using the vinyl cleaner / conditioner when you clear your car and you should be fine.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:08 PM   #328
ChadG

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlightArmor View Post
Can't really tell, from the photo they look fine. I would keep using the vinyl cleaner / conditioner when you clear your car and you should be fine.
Yeah right now they are small, I'm just freaking out that they might start separating worse. Would heating/rewetting them help?

If I end up having to reapply a new set, I'm assuming I just heat them with a heat gun/hair dryer and slowly peel them off? In general how much adhesive is left on the plastic and how hard is it to get off? I have 3M adhesive remover I'm assuming that and Plexus are the way to go.

Hope these continue to last quite a while, I love the look and was happy to see photos of my car on your site!

Last edited by ChadG; 06-06-2011 at 07:28 AM.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:42 AM   #329
HeadlightArmor

I have had several sets on various vehicles for a number of years and they help up great. Scorching Texas heat, long road trips, and winter skiing in the mountains.

As for removal - From the FAQ on the site.

Quote:
Are they removable?
Yes they are fully removable but they can only be used once. Removal is straight forward. Start by warming the material a bit with a hairdryer and then pick at a corner with your fingers and then slowly peel off - making sure to hold onto the light firmly during the process.You may or may not have left over adhesive on the lens. Leftover adhesive can be rubbed off or carefully removed with an adhesive cleaner.
In practice I have seen some lights leave next to no adhesive on the light after removal, while other do leave some.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:52 AM   #330
ChadG

Thanks, good to know! Worst case scenario is they start to separate and I need to put on a new set . . . I plan on keeping this car forever so I can imagine I'll probably go through a few sets of these over the life of the car. I get nothing but compliments all the time about the look, it's very clean. So keep up the good work, there will be people like me needing to buy these again from in you 10-15 years!
Old 06-19-2011, 10:04 PM   #331
AKAviking14
SoCal HT5

Drives: Summit White 2012 2SS/RS L99
Just bought a kit for the side reflectors, backup lights and taillights 20%. I can't wait to put them on and send pictures!

YouTube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/akaviking14

Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/akaviking14

2012 Summit White 2SS/RS
AKAviking14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:32 PM   #332
RJNavarrete
kingjeezy™

Drives: 2011 SS/RS in Cyber Grey
Do Headlight Armor products come with any sort of warranty?

RJNavarrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:58 AM   #333
AKAviking14
SoCal HT5

Do the covers have an adhesive backing to them like tape does? or are there just strips on 3M tape on the back?

YouTube Channel:

Facebook Page:

2012 Summit White 2SS/RS
Old 06-20-2011, 06:29 AM   #334
ChadG

The vinyl has a layer of adhesive on the back that allows you to stick it directly onto the lens.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:13 PM   #335
AKAviking14
SoCal HT5

Okay great! This will look much nicer on my car than the other covers I have.

YouTube Channel:

Facebook Page:

2012 Summit White 2SS/RS
Old 06-21-2011, 05:26 PM   #336
HeadlightArmor

Canada Post Strike

For our Canadian Customers, due to the postal strike in Canada we are not currently able to ship or mail anything into Canada. We had a couple of orders over the weekend going to Canada and they are currently on hold until the strike is over. Once the strike is over we will again be able to ship and mail to Canadian addresses.

Sorry for any inconvenience.