Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Exterior Parts & Accessories

Exterior Parts & Accessories All exterior parts and accessories.

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:00 AM   #76
Kreature

Drives: Summit White 1LT/RS
awesome products, are the headlight covers safe to put on a RS equipped camaro? because for the GT styling headlight covers they recommend you not to use it with the HID option on your vehicle.
Kreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 08:31 AM   #77
HeadlightArmor

Drives: Company Car
Thanks! All our lighting protection kits are compatible with today's HID equipped vehicles. Considering the RS Headlights carry a list price $1,616.72 per pair, one of our lighting protection kits is a great option. They are available in clear or a variety of colors, all with the same level of protection.

Keep in mind HID headlights typically run cooler on the front side that traditional halogen bulbs. Much the way a florescent bulb is cooler than an incandescent bulb.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:44 AM   #78
HeadlightArmor

Holiday Savings on All Lighting Protection Kits From Headlight Armor

Holiday Savings on All Lighting Protection Kits From Headlight Armor

From now through the end of the year we are offering FREE Domestic Priority Mail Shipping on all orders over $50! As a reminder we do try and ship all orders received by 2PM CT the same business day. We ship daily Monday through Friday.

To help insure you receive your order before Christmas we recommend that you place your order by Thursday the 17th.
To help insure you receive your order before start of Hanukkah we recommend that you place your order by Monday the 7th.

In addition to FREE Domestic Shipping, we are including a FREE 2pk of Microfiber Suede Detail Towels in all orders over $100! These are great for use during your install and great for ongoing care and maintenance!

No coupons necessary. Once you have met the $50 Minimum for FREE Domestic Shipping, chose free shipping (the default option) as the shipping method when you check out. You can still choose more shipping options and select Express Mail if necessary (additional fee applies).

The Microfiber towels will be added to all orders with merchandise totaling $100 or more on our end as your order is processed.

As always, you will receive several automated order status emails.
  1. The first one will be a verification of your order which is sent once your order is submitted.
  2. The second will be a follow-up once we have processed your order and sent it to our production queue.
  3. The third will arrive once your order has been produced and is packaged for shipment.
  4. The final email will be a notification that your order is complete and has been shipped, which will include the usps.com tracking information.
Happy Holidays! Let us know if you have any additional questions and as always thank you for your support!
Old 12-03-2009, 04:21 PM   #79
HeadlightArmor

Post Headlight Armor 2010 Camaro Smoked Taillight Kits also Include the Reverse Lights

As a reminder for those who missed the earlier announcement,

Our 2010 Camaro Smoked Taillights Kits & Smoked Taillight & Side Marker Kits now include FREE matching pieces for the reverse lights!
Old 12-11-2009, 11:11 AM   #80
HeadlightArmor

Post Holiday Shipping from Headlight Armor

Holiday Shipping: To help insure you receive your order before Christmas please place your order by Dec 17th when using standard Priority shipping & Dec 20th when using Express Mail. You may still receive your order when ordering past these dates, but given the volume of parcels at this time of year, a little early is better than a little late.

International Orders: Please place your order by Dec 16th to help insure delivery by the 24th. Some countries are quicker at processing and delivery than others.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:30 PM   #81
CamaroPR

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Just placed my order!!! Cant wait for sping again!
CamaroPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 10:41 AM   #82
HeadlightArmor

^ Thanks, all orders shipped Friday, you should receive it by mid week. Good luck with your installs, a hair dryer will help things out when it is cool out!
Old 12-17-2009, 03:49 PM   #83
HeadlightArmor

Post Holiday Shipping reminder from Headlight Armor

Just a reminder today is likely the last day to order and still be pretty sure of receiving your order in time for Christmas. USPS suggests 2-3 days in transit, but makes no guarantees. So you might be able to order it later with Priority shipping and still receive it in time, but maybe not.

Happy Holidays!
Old 01-02-2010, 11:02 AM   #84
HeadlightArmor

Cool Happy New Year 2010! From Headlight Armor

To help ring in 2010 we have extended two of our specials!

Wishing everybody a healthy and prosperous new year, and a new decade!
Old 01-03-2010, 03:48 PM   #85
darenf02

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black/Black 6sp
Are these the same smoke tail light kits being sold on pfyc.com?
Cold Air Induction's CAI, Vector Custom Tune, Jet Mass-Air Sensor, Stealth bulbs, 20% tint, taillight blackouts, side marker blackouts, modern SS emblem back, S.S. rear spoiler, MGW shifter with retro handle, black Niche wheels, and locking gas cap painted body color, SLP 160* thermostat
darenf02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 03:57 PM   #86
darenf02

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black/Black 6sp
Nevermind......just clicked your site. Totally different product. Sorry 'bout that. Yes, I'm special. Momma told me so.
Cold Air Induction's CAI, Vector Custom Tune, Jet Mass-Air Sensor, Stealth bulbs, 20% tint, taillight blackouts, side marker blackouts, modern SS emblem back, S.S. rear spoiler, MGW shifter with retro handle, black Niche wheels, and locking gas cap painted body color, SLP 160* thermostat
darenf02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:59 PM   #87
HeadlightArmor

No worries, let us know if you have any other questions.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:23 AM   #88
HeadlightArmor

Post Installing Headlight Armor in the cold

As it has been 15 degrees F in the am here in Texas for the last three mornings thought I would pass along a few items for those of you doing winter mod where it is cold. While the material is easier to use when it is warmer out you can do a successful install when it is cold out. Generally speaking the items for the new Camaro are easier to install than most other kits as the lenses are generally flat and small so they are easier to work with and apply.

In a garage is really a good idea, as well as a space heater if possible. Enlist the assistance of a friend and it will go quicker. You need to keep the film warm - using a hair dryer an industrial heat gun is not necessary. Have the friend keep the film warm while you are applying and squeegeeing. Especially the case when compressing fingers along the perimeter of the kits.

Wrapping the squeegee with a suede detail towel will help too. As the material is going to be stiffer in the cold, just like you, you need to use more pressure on the squeegee. Hot water in you spray bottle is a good idea too. When done with your install be sure to go over the perimeter for a few minutes with the hair dryer to make sure the edges are full sealed. Any material hanging off should be trimmed flush.

Good luck with your installs and let us know if you have any questions about the above pointers.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:11 AM   #89
HeadlightArmor

Post Ability to Remove Headlight Armor Protective Films

Two people this weekend sent PM's about the ability to remove our products at some point down the road so I am reposting the info here for everybody.

Yes they can be removed, but they are only designed to be applied once. A lot of our customer lease their vehicles and need to be able to easily return them to stock when they turn them in, so easily removable is a plus.

From the FAQ
Are they removable?
Yes they are fully removable but they can only be used once. Removal is straight forward. Start by warming the material a bit with a hairdryer and then pick at a corner with your fingers and then slowly peel off - making sure to hold onto the light firmly during the process. You may or may not have left over adhesive on the lens. Leftover adhesive can be rubbed off or carefully removed with an adhesive cleaner. We have also heard that simple green cleaner works too.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any additional questions
Old 01-11-2010, 08:44 AM   #90
hypurone
I'm not totally useless..

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC LPO Rallies
Send a message via AIM to hypurone Send a message via MSN to hypurone Send a message via Yahoo to hypurone
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlightArmor View Post
No worries, let us know if you have any other questions.
I got questions!! Do you offer deals on different combos? I want heads/DRL's/reverse/side markers. In diff shades. Don't see a package on yer site for that. Can we make a deal?

PM me with your thoughts/offer....
Old 01-11-2010, 09:31 AM   #91
HeadlightArmor

Post Combo Lighting Protection Kits from Headlight Armor

All of our combo packages are only available as matched sets (i.e. all must be the same material). There can be some added efficiency in production on multiple pieces, and we pass the savings along to you in our packages. If you would like to mix and match materials you would need to order each item individually.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:50 PM   #92
zsuns

Drives: All Blacked Out 2010 2LT Camaro
Finally pulled the trigger and ordered the Smoked Tail light & Smoked Reflectors and Reverse Light kit! I can't wait to install these and see the final outcome on my Camaro. I will post pictures as soon as I have the finished product done!
zsuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:57 AM   #93
HeadlightArmor

Thanks! All outstanding orders are shipping today, you should see them early / mid next week. Looking forward to the pictures.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:39 PM   #94
playr101

Drives: 2010 THR Camaro 2SS/RS
was wondering if we could get some pics of the blue headlight protectors and fog light protectors? day and night with headlights on/off

thx

-playr101
playr101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:03 AM   #95
HeadlightArmor

Post Headlight Armor HID Blue Lighting Protection Kits

Headlight Armor HID Blue Headlight Protection Kit (also available in sets with matching signals and fog lights too)

A photo of our Headlight Armor Fog Light Protection kit in HID Blue

All of our lighting kits are sold in pairs / sets. One item per vehicle. Our HID Blue Headlight Protection Kits are designed to shine bright white.

Night Testing Examples - Test vehicle with standard halogen bulbs

Stock / Clear Headlight Protection Kit

HID Blue Headlight Protection Kit
Old 01-20-2010, 08:00 PM   #96
zsuns

Drives: All Blacked Out 2010 2LT Camaro
Pictures of my smoked tails, reverse lights and side reflectors:

Far view of all tail lights and reverse lights:

Front side reflector:

Close view of left tail lights:

The overall project took about an hour and I am very pleased with the outcome. When first installing the tail light, the first one, I felt very nervous that i would place the cover wrong or something, but that was not a problem. With the help of the included squeegee and a hair dryer on low, the tail lights fit perfectly, as well as the reflectors and reverse lights. The reverse lights were a little tougher to get on to fit right but I got the job done. A question I was having when deciding whether or not to buy the tail lights was how much light emits through the covers, and as for the smoked ones, plenty of light emits through, not even a noticeable difference of light is cut off. Very happy with the results!!

Last edited by zsuns; 01-20-2010 at 08:18 PM.
zsuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:51 AM   #97
HeadlightArmor

Thank you! Glad you like them & thanks for posting, everybody loves seeing the final product.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:14 PM   #98
HeadlightArmor

All weekend orders have shipped! Tracking info has been emailed. Enjoy, and as always thank you for choosing Headlight Armor!
Old 01-27-2010, 12:44 PM   #99
DandDC09

Drives: '10 2LT/RS, '13 Malibu
Ordered my headlight, turn signals, taillights and reverse lights today and my cars not even in yet!.... Is this what they mean by obsessed?
Old 01-27-2010, 03:12 PM   #100
HeadlightArmor

Thumbs up

Thanks! Well a little obsession now and then is ok
By the looks of it your car should be in any day now!