Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Exterior Parts & Accessories

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 10-10-2009, 10:17 AM   #43
HeadlightArmor

Drives: Company Car
As a reminder, Monday the 12th is a federal postal holiday. All weekend orders with ship starting on Tuesday the 13th. Generally speaking we process all orders in the order in which they are placed. Have a great weekend!
Old 10-13-2009, 04:41 PM   #44
HeadlightArmor

Post HeadlightArmor Clear Fog Light Protection Kit 2010 Camaro

HeadlightArmor Clear Fog Light Protection for your 2010 Camaro, great for protecting your lights from road hazards. Ideal for those not looking to alter the color / appearance of their lights.

All long weekend orders are shipping today!

Last edited by HeadlightArmor; 10-14-2009 at 04:10 PM.
HeadlightArmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:17 PM   #45
HeadlightArmor

Post Headlight Armor Clear Headlight Protection Kits for the new Camaro

HeadlightArmor Clear Headlight Signals, and Fog Light Protection Kits or HeadlightArmor Clear Headlight and Signals Protection Kits for your 2010 Camaro, great for protecting your lights from road hazards. Ideal for those not looking to alter the color / appearance of their lights.

Old 10-14-2009, 04:30 PM   #46
tjd24
Thank you Oshawa/St.Cats!

Drives: 2010 2LT RS 2G1FC1EV4A9103434
Perhaps a wacky question - do the HID Blue Signal covers shine through as amber or do they take on a "yellow + blue = green" hue? Just curious before I place an order - perhaps HID Blue Headlight / Fog Light with Clear Singal may work to avoid what I asked above?

Thanks.
#3434 Born 4-15-2009, Delivered 5-22-2009 BBOMG 2/3/4 & booked for #5
tjd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:03 AM   #47
HeadlightArmor

The Headlight Armor HID Blue Headlight Protection kits are not going to change the output of the signals in any significant way. They will not shine green.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:23 AM   #48
HeadlightArmor

Post Professional grade microfiber detail cloths also available from Headlight Armor

To help aid your installs we also have Suede Microfiber Towels available in a 2pk. They measure ~15" x 15" (38cm x 38cm) and have a smooth suede like finish and are highly absorbent. Great for wrapping your squeegee during your install. Highly recommended for DIY installation of all of our Headlight Protection kit and Smoked Taillight kits. New Lower Price! Click image to go to the site.

We have also just added a fluffy yellow looped microfiber towel to the site. They measure ~16" x 16" (40cm x 40cm). Fully looped microfiber with a medium pile and a fully sewn edge. These microfiber looped detail cloths are a favorite with auto enthusiasts and detailers alike. They are super absorbent - great for cleaning your vehicles lights both before and after the application of all of our lighting protection kits. Great for routine car care and detailing. Great around the home or office too. Packaged and sold individually. Click image to go to the site.

Old 10-16-2009, 11:45 AM   #49
HeadlightArmor

Post HeadlightArmor Camaro Headlight Protection Kits

For those thinking that they don't need a headlight protection kit because the lights are plastic and really strong, take a look at some vehicles even just a few years old the next time you are out and about. Or for that matter how were the headlights of your previous vehicle? Like most they probably suffered a slow death being slowly sand blasted and subsequently attacked by the sun.

I saw the thread from GM Parts Direct, they now have RS headlights in stock and on their site. List price $1,616.72 per pair and a blow out price of $1,176.97 per pair.

Not sure about the 'standard' Camaro headlight pricing though given the price of the headlights on other GM models it is likely in the hundreds of dollars.

Adding a Headlight Armor Lighting Protection kit is inexpensive insurance!

Headlight, Front Signals, and Fog Light Protection Kit - Click for more information

Headlight and Front Signals Protection Kit - Click for more information
Old 10-19-2009, 06:10 PM   #50
HeadlightArmor

Post HeadlightArmor Headlight Protection kit only 2010 Camaro

By popular request we have added a kit for just the two headlights themselves. Click the photo to go to the item on the site.

Great for those with aftermarket grills and those just looking for the headlight protection kit on its own. Saves some money too.

In the kits that include the front signals, these are designed to be used with the stock grill only. Additionally, last week we increased the size of the pieces for the signals. They are harder to install given their size, location and the grill itself.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:06 PM   #51
jsharp
NOW CAMMED & SUPERCHARGED

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black w/ IOM
Got mine in today and installed all of them today fogs headlight turn signals front/rear markers and taillights took me 2 1/2 hours. These are so easy and perfect its not even funny. I put two lights on with water and the rest I did dry!!! It was easy and the hairdryer took the stretching to cover any area that didnt go right to the edge but I must say I only had that problem 2 times. I actually had to tuck my vinyl behind my chrome rings on the taillights on 3/4 sides and just had to barely stretch the 4th side for perfect fit. The front turn signals by the headlights deff are not cut to little I had to tuck all 4 sides behind the grille on all 4!!. Awesome fit and perfect look. The only thing that hurt me was some fingerprints on the headlights because I put them on dry but they are toward the top but not bad for doing them dry I did wet my fingers but they dried quickly Ill have pics up soon. Overall 10/10. Worst fitting cover in my opinion was the rear marker lights other than that SWEET. Thanks headlight armor!
jsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:44 AM   #52
wrek
2G1FK1EJ6-9

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS Transformer
After reading through all of the options for blacking/darkening the lights I decided on the Headlight Armor product. I goofed a bit in my order but the HA guys stepped up within 30 minutes, contacted me and corrected it in my favor! Great customer support so far. I'll post feedback once I have completed the install So far so good though!
wrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:10 AM   #53
HeadlightArmor

jsharp, great! Thank you.

The headlights are really best done wet as opposed to dry. But they are generally flat and can be done either way - dry is going to be harder to do though.

The rear reflectors are harder to apply than the front reflectors for two reasons. First is the fact that each end has a sharp point and second is that they seem to have more raised lettering on them.

wrek, not a problem, good luck with your installs.

To all those who have used our products, thank you for choosing Headlight Armor!
Old 10-21-2009, 12:38 PM   #54
jsharp
NOW CAMMED & SUPERCHARGED

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black w/ IOM
yeah I think water may have been easier but it only tooke me 2-3 minutes per side which I didnt think was bad for dry. Only question I have is any solutions to getting finger prints off or is it not worth it now that they are on. Also the lights I installed with water have little dried waterspots that are between the film and light and I am afraid since they are dry now they wont go away. But they are only seen with lights on not bad though. thanks again
jsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:48 AM   #55
HeadlightArmor

If you have finger prints on the adhesive side they are going to be there for the duration. I don't know any way around that. If you have only see spots when the lights are on they may dissipate over time. No matter how hard your squeegee there is going to be left over moisture trapped in the texture of the adhesive. This moisture evaporated through the material over time. Depending on how much is there this takes days to months. Hope that helps.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:36 PM   #56
adub4185

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS RS, 1995 BMW M3
Send a message via AIM to adub4185
I am local (addison area). can i just stop by your shop and pick up a set? when are you guys open? thanks!
adub4185 is offline   Reply With Quote