Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hurst Shifters
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Exterior Parts & Accessories

Exterior Parts & Accessories All exterior parts and accessories.

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 01-31-2010, 04:52 PM   #101
playr101

Drives: 2010 THR Camaro 2SS/RS
just ordered

-playr101
playr101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:34 AM   #102
HeadlightArmor

Drives: Company Car
Thanks! Your order shipped Monday with the balance of the weekend orders. You should have them Wednesday or Thursday. Enjoy!
Old 02-02-2010, 09:42 PM   #103
FRKNlo

Drives: VStar 1100 Classic, 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
Placed order on 01/27/2010 and recieved today 02/02/2010. Thanks great product.
FRKNlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:38 AM   #104
HeadlightArmor

Thanks! Can't be too many new Camaro's in the islands, have fun with it!
Old 02-09-2010, 11:03 AM   #105
HeadlightArmor

Post Headlight Armor Temperature Rating Questions

Had a few questions over that past week and along with some corresponding additions to the site and though we would post an update.

Headlight Armor Lighting Protection Materials Testing page has been updated to include temperature stability testing results.

We tested the materials we use on glass, polycarbonate / Lexan, and Plexiglas / acrylic. Glass is mainly only used these days in a fog light application. polycarbonate / Lexan is what the vast majority of 'modern' headlights are made from. We also tested on Plexiglas / acrylic, though not sure how often this is used in an automotive application given its lack of chip / scratch resistance and low temperature threshold (180F). polycarbonate / Lexan is stable to a much higher temperature, 248-475 F depending on the formulation.

Headlight Armor Temperature Testing Results - 30 minutes sustained temperature - dry - minimal air flow

Lens Material---------Temp F---------Pass / Fail
Glass------------------225+------------Pass
Acrylic / Plexiglas------180--------------Pass
Polycarbonate / Lexan--225+------------Pass

A few people have asked if using a Headlight Armor headlight protection kit is ok with a car equipped with HID headlights. Yes they are. HID Headlights typically run cooler on the front side than halogen bulbs. Think the difference between a fluorescent bulb in your office light vs a halogen one. This is one reason most European cars with factory HID's come with headlight washers. The lens does not get hot enough to keep ice from building up on them when driving in the snow.

A few have asked about brighter bulbs to offset the light loss of our smoked headlight protection kit. Keep in mind that if you want dark lights and brighter lights at the same time you are asking too much. Generally speaking, trying to make the lights brighter will introduce more additional light than additional heat. Trying to darken the lights by 'tinting' them, and then making up for the loss in output with different bulbs is asking for trouble.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:50 AM   #106
HeadlightArmor

As a reminder, Monday the 15th is Presidents day. Orders placed over the weekend will ship Tuesday. If your order shipped this past Thursday or Friday you should see it by mid week.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:13 PM   #107
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro, 2012 370Z
ordered

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:24 AM   #108
HeadlightArmor

Thanks, will ship Tuesday, you will have them by the end of the week! Enjoy
Old 02-18-2010, 06:15 PM   #109
TaylorRyanSS

It came in the mail now I need my camaro lol

do you think a tint guy could install these?

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
Old 02-19-2010, 07:52 AM   #110
HeadlightArmor

A tint shop might install them and they might not, some will read the directions and some will not, you would have to ask if you go that route. The kits are designed to be installed by the DIYer. The Camaro lights are pretty small and relatively flat by todays standard, and are a lot easier to apply than most. Good Luck, hope your final wait is not too long.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:03 AM   #111
hypurone
I'm not totally useless..

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC LPO Rallies
Send a message via AIM to hypurone Send a message via MSN to hypurone Send a message via Yahoo to hypurone
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyan74 View Post
It came in the mail now I need my camaro lol

do you think a tint guy could install these?
That's where I had mine done. Yes, I could have done it myself but I wanted it perfect and sometimes I am not that patient!

FYI, My guy had to use a heat gun to get them to be perfect. Prob just to get them more supple and manageable and could be done without heat but thought you should know....

Last edited by hypurone; 02-19-2010 at 08:04 AM. Reason: SP
hypurone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:05 AM   #112
HeadlightArmor

Warming them with a hair dryer is part of the process if it is cool out. You just want them warm and floppy. You can use a heat gun but you have to be careful to not over heat them. It is really easy to go too far with a heat gun, a hair dryer is plenty of heat. In the summer it isn't necessary at all.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:13 PM   #113
TaylorRyanSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlightArmor View Post
A tint shop might install them and they might not, some will read the directions and some will not, you would have to ask if you go that route. The kits are designed to be installed by the DIYer. The Camaro lights are pretty small and relatively flat by todays standard, and are a lot easier to apply than most. Good Luck, hope your final wait is not too long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
That's where I had mine done. Yes, I could have done it myself but I wanted it perfect and sometimes I am not that patient!

FYI, My guy had to use a heat gun to get them to be perfect. Prob just to get them more supple and manageable and could be done without heat but thought you should know....
Ok Thanks!

Old 02-23-2010, 06:05 PM   #114
HeadlightArmor

Post Headlight Armor is Looking for your Install Photos & Video!

A lot of you have posted photos of your vehicle with our Headlight Armor lighting protection kits installed on this site and others. It is always good seeing the final results, thank you!

We want to see more pictures and or video of Headlight Armor customers sporting our lighting protection kits on our site! Be it at a show, GTG with friends, local club meet, a sunny Sunday drive, a day at the track, some auto-x fun, or just sitting in the drive after a detail job. We want to see your install in action so to speak. Clear, HID Blue, GT Yellow, or Smoked Headlight / Fog Light Protection kits and Smoked Taillight kits, we want to see them all! - Day or Night. Our web designer has been hard at working rolling new features and images to our product galleries and we would like to add some more customer photos and video too.

How does it all work? It's quite simple actually:

• Get yourself some Headlight Armor lighting protection if you don't already have some.
  • Go out and take one or more pictures or even a short video of your Headlight Armor in action. Photos need to be in .jpg or .jpeg format. Min size is 900 x 675 px - larger is better
  • Aside from the driver on a rolling shot, we prefer no people in the shots. Unidentifiable people in the background at a show or event are fine though.
  • Email to us at photos@headlightarmor.com and we'll post them anonymously. Please include the name the order was placed under for verification. We will contact you when the photo(s) are loaded on the site.
  • Sit back and enjoy the satisfaction and glory of seeing your pride and joy in the spotlight!

It can take us a few days to several weeks to post your photos / video on the site, though we do try and get them up as soon as possible. All license plates will be blacked out prior to posting of photographs. We are unable to use every submission, but we do try and get as many up as possible, so send what you shot and we will do our best! By submitting your photo or video you agree that you are the original rights holder and agree to allow Headlight Armor use said works on its site and others as necessary.

Thanks in advance for the photos! And thank you again for choosing Headlight Armor!
Old 02-25-2010, 02:31 PM   #115
HeadlightArmor

Post 2010 Camaro Stealth Smoke Side Reflectors

Stealth Smoke Side Markers - Customer Photo - Thanks Again!

Old 03-01-2010, 05:30 PM   #116
HeadlightArmor

Post Headlight Armor Server Maintenance

Some web server maintenance and upgrades will be occurring over the next three nights here at headlightarmor.com. On Monday 3/1, Tuesday 3/2, and on Wednesday 3/3 our site will likely be unavailable for about one hour sometime between 11pm and 2am Eastern. We apologize for any inconvenience.

As always, thanks again for choosing Headlight Armor!
Old 03-04-2010, 11:50 AM   #117
HeadlightArmor

Cool Headlight Armor Stealth Smoke Side Markers

Stealth Smoke Side Markers - Customer Photo - Thanks Again!

Old 03-07-2010, 11:55 AM   #118
HeadlightArmor

Thumbs up Another great customer shot Headlight Armor Smoke Side Reflectors 2010 Camaro

Smoked Side Markers - Customer Photo - Thanks Again!

If you have any shots of your car with a Headlight Armor Lighting Kit installed, we would love to add them to the site, even if they are just the Clear Headlight Protection Kit!
Old 03-08-2010, 06:28 PM   #119
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: CGM w/Black stripes
just installed some headlight armor this evening. Easy, and looks great. A closeup of the smoke armor on a CGM. I also emailed the pic to your site, but forgot to include my name. If you need it, just shoot me a PM.
Attached Images

hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:25 AM   #120
HeadlightArmor

Thanks for the compliments and the photo! Light Smoke looks great on the CGM
Old 03-09-2010, 08:44 AM   #121
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: CGM w/Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlightArmor View Post
Thanks for the compliments and the photo! Light Smoke looks great on the CGM
Yes it does!!! I had both installed in about 15 min. You guys with blacked out everything, how can you not have these on the headlights??
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:20 AM   #122
HeadlightArmor

Headlight Armor Smoked Taillight & Side Markers Kit on RS Camaro

Smoked Taillight & Side Markers on RS - Customer Photo - Thanks Again!

If you have any shots of your car with a Headlight Armor Lighting Kit installed, we would love to add them to the site, even if they are just the Clear Headlight Protection Kit!
Old 03-17-2010, 09:04 AM   #123
HeadlightArmor

Headlight Armor Vacation Notice

Good Morning,

Just wanted to let everybody know that we will be going on a company wide vacation for a couple of weeks from the end of March through early April. All orders received before 3PM Central on March 23rd will ship before we leave. Orders received after that point will ship beginning on Monday April 12th.

Thanks again for your support!
Old 03-17-2010, 01:06 PM   #124
thesnoopster

Drives: '10 SIM SS/A6 - '12 SIM Equinox LT
Just submitted an order today

Mods: "93 Octane and a baby seat..." TunedByFrost/EFI Performance,LLC @ PAS "You gotta love me ... or leave me alone"
thesnoopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:09 PM   #125
HeadlightArmor

Thanks! It is shipping today! Should receive it Friday or Saturday