Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:25 PM   #1
solo40oz

Drives: My wife crazy
If one more dealer says.....

.....This is a limited edition car, that's why we charge the $5k markup

or

......We have to mark it up, because we won't make any money on the sale if we sell at MSRP - GM is getting all of the money.

I'm going to EXPLODE!!!

Dear Austin Dealers,
I was trying to do the right thing and buy local, but I'm tired of your lack of knowledge, arrogance, and ignorance. Quit trying to tell me this car is not eligible for GMS, because it is. And quit trying to tell me that no other dealers are selling at GMS, because plenty of them are. And...if I won't pay your ridiculous $5k markup on a Camaro, why in the world would you even think I'd be interested in a $80k Z06? Good luck selling your overpriced vehicles.
solo40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:38 PM   #2
jrboyd_1980
A ***'s Headache

Drives: Everything
Well the 2nd quote is true, Dealers really dont make much on any passanger car they sell, they really have no mark-up. Trucks have plenty. But still don't believe that justifies a 5k mark-up.

Let me know if you need one. I here in South Texas, and know there's Classic Chevrolet up there that could help you to
jrboyd_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:22 PM   #3
speeflo

Drives: Chevy 2500
did u try henna chevy? jason martinez sold ours at 500 over at the 4th of july im sure there sticker or gms by now
speeflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:31 PM   #4
jayson71

Drives: 2010 Victory Red Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo40oz View Post
.....This is a limited edition car, that's why we charge the $5k markup

or

......We have to mark it up, because we won't make any money on the sale if we sell at MSRP - GM is getting all of the money.

I'm going to EXPLODE!!!

Dear Austin Dealers,
I was trying to do the right thing and buy local, but I'm tired of your lack of knowledge, arrogance, and ignorance. Quit trying to tell me this car is not eligible for GMS, because it is. And quit trying to tell me that no other dealers are selling at GMS, because plenty of them are. And...if I won't pay your ridiculous $5k markup on a Camaro, why in the world would you even think I'd be interested in a $80k Z06? Good luck selling your overpriced vehicles.
Dude, Go get your car!

I flew from California to Indy to pick up one without the 10k they were charging at the time. Find a distant dealer, fly to your car, bring her home on a road trip, and post some awesome pics.

2500 miles in 4 days AWESOME.
jayson71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:47 AM   #5
msr1011

Drives: 04 Tundra/05 TL/10 Camaro
I hear ya!!

I live in Vegas and every dealer in town wanted $1500-$5000 over MSRP. I am a firm believer in trying to keep my money in the town I live in, but these bozos wanted way too much $.

I drove two hours up the road to St. George, Utah and paid MSRP for a 2SS.
msr1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 04:15 AM   #6
Thrillz

Drives: 2012 Charger R/T / 2012 Dodge Ram
In Ontario Canada even though its illegal to mark up new cars dealers are finding ways around this rule and are doing it big time. I'm finding inventory at MSRP but u have to do your homework. Go read posts from people like camaroscotty there are people who actually understand its about relationships not just making a buck.
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:55 AM   #7
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillz View Post
Go read posts from people like camaroscotty there are people who actually understand its about relationships not just making a buck.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:24 PM   #8
solo40oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeflo View Post
did u try henna chevy? jason martinez sold ours at 500 over at the 4th of july im sure there sticker or gms by now
Funny you ask, because it was my visit to Henna last night that got me started on the rant

They have a $5k markup posted on the window....which they said they would drop down to $2k markup. However, I do know of someone on this forum that bought $100 under sticker at Henna.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:45 PM   #9
levi1922

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
i guess make ups help them protect their inventory, my dealer sells at MSRP, and has not have a car sit on their lot more than a day with out being sold.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:01 PM   #10
ahart04
most bang for your buck

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM/BLK RALLYS
hey solo, try Tim Jones @ Covert Hutto, they will get you at msrp. however, they didnt give me the fed cred union discount so im guessing you wont get supplier. AND im not sure about their allocations. buuut they will sell you one at MSRP.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:03 PM   #11
StephanieR1981

Drives: a bucket
mr.camaro on this forum is in austin and he sells at msrp. i ordered from him.
StephanieR1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:45 PM   #12
TODD.RICHARDS
Mr. Richards

Drives: 2010 2SS white/IO interior
I don't wanna start a huge fight but when I ordered mine, they showed me the invoice price and that after hold back they were just making a lil over $2,000 including holdback....No wonder some of these dealers are closing...No mark up in the new cars....Corvettes have between 4-9k mark up but the Camaro has just over 2...I see why they are asking over.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:55 PM   #13
joerod97
Chevy Man

Drives: 2010 2ss -black/black
If they make little on the sale ,they can make much more $$$ when they treat you right and you come back and buy your accessories from them because they treated you right. If they treat you right you will return to them for your service work. If they treat you right , you will recomend them to others for buying a car and accessories. If they treat you right do you see a pattern here about giving them your business if they treat you right? On the other hand, if they treat you like an idiot and try to tell you why they need to jack up the price, you will get on a forum like this and tell others of the low down dealers.
joerod97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:57 PM   #14
LSXgirl

Drives: turbo'd 4 banger
My dealer sells at MSRP too.
LSXgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:59 PM   #15
joerod97
Chevy Man

p.s. try Hanlees in Davis, Dave Estacio said he has 3 Camaros in stock..1 lt and 2 SS's msrp .Deals fell thru and they were available as of yesterday.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:00 AM   #16
joerod97
Chevy Man

lsx girl, who and where is your dealer. Please share the info so others can shop there.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:07 AM   #17
MrE

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod97 View Post
lsx girl, who and where is your dealer. Please share the info so others can shop there.
Yes, I would like to know this one as well. I'm tired of the "back end" markup. Hopefully the new dealer I'm going to see in the morning will order one at MSRP for me. If not, I'm pretty much done for the year until the Chevy dealers have more than 1-2 Camaros on the lot.
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:33 PM   #18
SS/GA

Drives: '68 SS396 - '98 Z28 - '10 2SS
MSRP BULL$HIT

I've contacted 5 dealers in a three state area...
These dealerships are all that I've had some dealing with in previous years or have friends that are sales people at...

2 - have quoted @ msrp
1 - has quoted @ msrp less a -$1,000
1 - has quoted msrp + $5,000 ( but admits that nobody is buying at these BS prices, and they have 6 - SS2 models to choose from sitting out front )
1 - he won't even give me a price... he thinks I want it that bad??

These guys can all go kiss my A$$...

and my thought now is GM is going to go under...
I'll give 'em less than 5 years and they will be back at the trough looking for more Fed.Tax Payer money.

Does anybody else out here realize that since uncle sam gave the manufactureres the bailout, there hasn't been any negotioations / discounts from the factory or dealers...

Oh and BTW - The GM Credit Union Discount / Incentive this is a F'N scam too... the dealers all laughed at me when I mentioned this and then showed them what I printed off of the GM website... every one of these dealers said they never heard of it!!

SS/GA
SS/GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:45 PM   #19
solo40oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TODD.RICHARDS View Post
I don't wanna start a huge fight but when I ordered mine, they showed me the invoice price and that after hold back they were just making a lil over $2,000 including holdback....No wonder some of these dealers are closing...No mark up in the new cars....Corvettes have between 4-9k mark up but the Camaro has just over 2...I see why they are asking over.
Fight!!! I'll meet you at the bike rack after school!!

I do see your point...it's the consistency thing that bothers me though...if all dealers didn't do GMS, then cool...but the fact is that several do