Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Dyno Max
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

USA - Great Lakes IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, WI

Old 09-18-2009, 06:49 PM   #1
jolusk

Drives: 2010 Black 2LT RS... soon
Thumbs down Jack Maxton in Worthington, OH LIED to me

I went in to Jack Maxton to order my Camaro just for the simple reason that it is closer to my house than any of the other Chevy dealers in the area. I placed an order on 9/3/09 and was told that it would be placed with GM on Friday 9/4/09. The next Monday I called to get my order number so that I could track it with all the helpful people on this forum who are doing everyone a tremendous service. I know that it will take a while. I was told anywhere from 6 - 8 weeks to produce the car plus shipping time. I WAS willing to wait. When I asked the salesman he told me that they have the largest allocation in central Ohio. I had not read enough of the forums at that time to know I should have asked where their allocation stood. I gave it a week and called to see if the order had been at least accepted by GM. By this time I had done my research and knew what the status codes mean. When I finally talked to the salesman again he told me that the car was at 3000. My thoughts were "great, since I ordered an 2LT maybe they are trying to get them produced quicker". I had my suspicions because a lot of other people on the forums had sat at 1100 for months so I posted in the forums asking for a status. I got back 1100. Well maybe I wrote down the order number wrong when I asked for it the first time so I went into the dealership to check. Low and behold it is still at 1100. Like I said before I am willing to wait but I cannot stand being lied to. Since my salesman was not there tonight he is going to have a big surprise tomorrow. Not only is he going to lose a sale but he is also going to loose any chance of anyone that I know ever going to that dealership for anything. The moral of this story is make sure you know what you are talking about and who you are dealing with before you decide to try to keep a sale by hoping that the manufacturing process will move a little faster before the client decides to double check on the information they have been given. Secondly, If you have ordered from Jack Maxton and are still waiting get them to give you an HONEST answer. I hope that people will read this thread and think twice about dealing with somone who won't tell you the truth even if they know that it might not be what you want to hear.
jolusk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allocation, columbus, lie, ohio