Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Exterior Parts & Accessories

Exterior Parts & Accessories All exterior parts and accessories.

View our official forum sponsors list.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2010, 07:09 PM   #101
mcotton

 
mcotton's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 918
Any pics for an antenna in silver?
__________________
mcotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:12 PM   #102
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet




 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet's Avatar
 
Drives: SS/RS 6spd,Pace Car,ZL1,1LE,C7/Z51
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Woodhaven, Mich
Posts: 29,492
The only one I could find was our display antenna.
The paint is a smooth finish paint, that matches perfectly!
You will not be disappointed!!
Hope this pic helps,
Becky
Attached Images
 
__________________
Don't forget, I honor ALL DISCOUNTS THAT APPLY!
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Woodhaven, Mi ..only 20 min from Detroit Metro Airport!
734-479-7117 ...
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet.com
Available Camaro Inventory///Body Color XM Antenna
My Summit White SS///My Pace Car
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:38 PM   #103
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet




 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet's Avatar
 
Drives: SS/RS 6spd,Pace Car,ZL1,1LE,C7/Z51
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Woodhaven, Mich
Posts: 29,492
It's very easy and all directions are included.
Becky

Only $139.00 with exchange

I have The Heritage Grille available for only $259 -
includes standard ground shipping! No handling fees!
__________________
Don't forget, I honor ALL DISCOUNTS THAT APPLY!
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Woodhaven, Mi ..only 20 min from Detroit Metro Airport!
734-479-7117 ...
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet.com
Available Camaro Inventory///Body Color XM Antenna
My Summit White SS///My Pace Car
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:06 PM   #104
BWProductions
StormTrooper
 
BWProductions's Avatar
 
Drives: SW 2SS/RS Vert with Beige top soon
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Downriver, Mi
Posts: 1,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
It's very easy and all directions are included.
Becky

Only $139.00 with exchange

I have The Heritage Grille available for only $259 -
includes standard ground shipping! No handling fees!
Becky, can you get the Heritage Grille painted to match too?
__________________
BWProductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:01 AM   #105
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
It's very easy and all directions are included.
Becky

Only $139.00 with exchange

I have The Heritage Grille available for only $259 -
includes standard ground shipping! No handling fees!
DIY thread for Antenna
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85635

DIY thread for Heritage Grille
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112831

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWProductions View Post
Becky, can you get the Heritage Grille painted to match too?
Yes, I got an IBM one from her.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:53 AM   #106
BWProductions
StormTrooper
 
BWProductions's Avatar
 
Drives: SW 2SS/RS Vert with Beige top soon
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Downriver, Mi
Posts: 1,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
DIY thread for Antenna
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85635

DIY thread for Heritage Grille
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112831



Yes, I got an IBM one from her.

Thank you for the DIY, I haven't been able to find one yet.
__________________
BWProductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:11 PM   #107
MaureenM@RodgersChevrolet

 
MaureenM@RodgersChevrolet's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 EQUINOX
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Woodhaven, MI
Posts: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
DIY thread for Antenna
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85635

DIY thread for Heritage Grille
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112831



Yes, I got an IBM one from her.

That is a great DIY.....
Thanks!!



It really gives the Camaro..... a clean look!!

PM ....Becky or I.....
We would be glad to help you get one!!
__________________
MaureenM@RodgersChevrolet
Parts & Accessory Manager
Discount GM Parts / Accessories
Actual Shipping with No Handling Charges
734 479-7170
MaureenM@RodgersChevrolet.com
MaureenM@RodgersChevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:49 AM   #108
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaureenM@RodgersChevrolet View Post
That is a great DIY.....
Thanks!!



It really gives the Camaro..... a clean look!!

PM ....Becky or I.....
We would be glad to help you get one!!
You guys are very welcome.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:21 AM   #109
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet




 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet's Avatar
 
Drives: SS/RS 6spd,Pace Car,ZL1,1LE,C7/Z51
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Woodhaven, Mich
Posts: 29,492
These make a great Christmas Gift...

Shipped Free!!!
Both Ways - including Core return!!
Never a Handling Charge!
__________________
Don't forget, I honor ALL DISCOUNTS THAT APPLY!
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Woodhaven, Mi ..only 20 min from Detroit Metro Airport!
734-479-7117 ...
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet.com
Available Camaro Inventory///Body Color XM Antenna
My Summit White SS///My Pace Car
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 05:27 PM   #110
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet




 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet's Avatar
 
Drives: SS/RS 6spd,Pace Car,ZL1,1LE,C7/Z51
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Woodhaven, Mich
Posts: 29,492
$139.00
includes SHIPPING
with $0 handling charge!
__________________
Don't forget, I honor ALL DISCOUNTS THAT APPLY!
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Woodhaven, Mi ..only 20 min from Detroit Metro Airport!
734-479-7117 ...
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet.com
Available Camaro Inventory///Body Color XM Antenna
My Summit White SS///My Pace Car
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:45 PM   #111
AntennaEngineering
 
Drives: All
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: MPG
Posts: 1
Here is a bit of advice for those of you doing this swap that will make things much easier and better for your Camaro.

The little 4 legged "spider" that goes on with the bolt to hold the antenna to the roof is only intended to be a one time use part. They are made specifically to have a certain spring / shape retention to them once installed. This is to ensure that with age, temperature changes and so on, that the antenna still stays sealed to the roof.

Since it appears they are being reused here they are sprung, and won't work quite as intended. I would recomend carefully trying to rebend them onto the original shape. The four legs should all be close to parallel with each other, think of it as being shaped like a tiny table.

When the spider is properly shaped, as when they were when new, they are installed on the antenna with the bolt catching the first couple of threads. This way everything can be assembled outside of the vehicle and it will all fit through the hole in your roof with the bolt already on. The small plastic clips will hold it in place while you tighten the bolt. As the bolt is tightened the legs of the spider will spread back out and have a proper retention to hold the antenna tight to the roof. This should make it much easier to install without having to try to get all of the parts in place under the headliner, and will make sure the antenna stays tight and does not leak.

Another suggestion might be to have a second person hold the antenna while the bolt is tightened, otherwise the antenna might twist slightly in the hole as the bolt is tightened and end up slightly crooked.

I am not sure if the instructions list it, but proper torque on the bolt is 9N-M.
AntennaEngineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:56 PM   #112
jeepguy_1980

 
jeepguy_1980's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Newport News
Posts: 1,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntennaEngineering View Post
Here is a bit of advice for those of you doing this swap that will make things much easier and better for your Camaro.

The little 4 legged "spider" that goes on with the bolt to hold the antenna to the roof is only intended to be a one time use part. They are made specifically to have a certain spring / shape retention to them once installed. This is to ensure that with age, temperature changes and so on, that the antenna still stays sealed to the roof.

Since it appears they are being reused here they are sprung, and won't work quite as intended. I would recomend carefully trying to rebend them onto the original shape. The four legs should all be close to parallel with each other, think of it as being shaped like a tiny table.

When the spider is properly shaped, as when they were when new, they are installed on the antenna with the bolt catching the first couple of threads. This way everything can be assembled outside of the vehicle and it will all fit through the hole in your roof with the bolt already on. The small plastic clips will hold it in place while you tighten the bolt. As the bolt is tightened the legs of the spider will spread back out and have a proper retention to hold the antenna tight to the roof. This should make it much easier to install without having to try to get all of the parts in place under the headliner, and will make sure the antenna stays tight and does not leak.

Another suggestion might be to have a second person hold the antenna while the bolt is tightened, otherwise the antenna might twist slightly in the hole as the bolt is tightened and end up slightly crooked.

I am not sure if the instructions list it, but proper torque on the bolt is 9N-M.
That's why I kept my original clip.
jeepguy_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 02:08 PM   #113
MaureenM@RodgersChevrolet

 
MaureenM@RodgersChevrolet's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 EQUINOX
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Woodhaven, MI
Posts: 598
Body Color XM Antenna
NOW AVAILABLE!


Make yours match the body and blend away!

This is a special 3 step paint system,
that gives durability and color match!

Only $139.00 includes a $50.00 core rebate!

**FREE SHIPPING!!**
__________________
MaureenM@RodgersChevrolet
Parts & Accessory Manager
Discount GM Parts / Accessories
Actual Shipping with No Handling Charges
734 479-7170
MaureenM@RodgersChevrolet.com
MaureenM@RodgersChevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:23 PM   #114
hitz587
 
hitz587's Avatar
 
Drives: Summit White 1LT RS
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 44
are there any pictures of a 2010 summit white with the painted antenna installed? i know it's REALLY hard to get a genuine OEM color match...i went to my dealer last week to get a bottle of touch up paint and they told me summit white was an invalid color! i'd like to order this but want to be sure it's a real tried-and-true match
hitz587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:25 AM   #115
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet




 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet's Avatar
 
Drives: SS/RS 6spd,Pace Car,ZL1,1LE,C7/Z51
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Woodhaven, Mich
Posts: 29,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitz587 View Post
are there any pictures of a 2010 summit white with the painted antenna installed? i know it's REALLY hard to get a genuine OEM color match...i went to my dealer last week to get a bottle of touch up paint and they told me summit white was an invalid color! i'd like to order this but want to be sure it's a real tried-and-true match
This is my Camaro....

Our 3 Stage paint process...
ensures match & paint quality...

Summit White is a perfect match!!

Name:  white antenna.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  8.5 KB

more pics here... & DIY Video....
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43485
__________________
Don't forget, I honor ALL DISCOUNTS THAT APPLY!
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Woodhaven, Mi ..only 20 min from Detroit Metro Airport!
734-479-7117 ...
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet.com
Available Camaro Inventory///Body Color XM Antenna
My Summit White SS///My Pace Car
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:11 PM   #116
hitz587
 
hitz587's Avatar
 
Drives: Summit White 1LT RS
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
This is my Camaro....

Our 3 Stage paint process...
ensures match & paint quality...

Summit White is a perfect match!!

Attachment 221120

more pics here... & DIY Video....
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43485
Wow that looks great, thanks! This is definitely my next mod. The pickle jar savings bank is now labeled "XM Antenna" lol
hitz587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:34 AM   #117
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet




 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet's Avatar
 
Drives: SS/RS 6spd,Pace Car,ZL1,1LE,C7/Z51
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Woodhaven, Mich
Posts: 29,492
It was nice to see so many of
our antenna's intalled at C5Fest!!
They looked Great...


Becky

Name:  Sponsor%20Logo2011.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  23.4 KB
__________________
Don't forget, I honor ALL DISCOUNTS THAT APPLY!
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Woodhaven, Mi ..only 20 min from Detroit Metro Airport!
734-479-7117 ...
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet.com
Available Camaro Inventory///Body Color XM Antenna
My Summit White SS///My Pace Car
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:20 AM   #118
yotaman96


 
yotaman96's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2000 Trans Am WS6
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Portland, TN
Posts: 2,341
Are the convertible antennas the same? Since they're painted at the factory, is there an option now to order one that is factory painted?
__________________
2010 IOM Camaro 2SS/RS manual trans
(formerly Whipplecharged, then twin turbo, now just heads and cam)
Magnacharged 2000 Trans Am WS6 manual trans
2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab Sport 4x4
yotaman96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:23 AM   #119
jeepguy_1980

 
jeepguy_1980's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Newport News
Posts: 1,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotaman96 View Post
Are the convertible antennas the same? Since they're painted at the factory, is there an option now to order one that is factory painted?
Buicks have had factory painted antennas for a while too, and they're the same antenna. But I don't believe a factory painted antenna will yield any better results than the antennas offered in this thread.
jeepguy_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 04:18 PM   #120
MaureenM@RodgersChevrolet

 
MaureenM@RodgersChevrolet's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 EQUINOX
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Woodhaven, MI
Posts: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotaman96 View Post
Are the convertible antennas the same? Since they're painted at the factory, is there an option now to order one that is factory painted?
The convertible antennas are different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepguy_1980 View Post
Buicks have had factory painted antennas for a while too, and they're the same antenna. But I don't believe a factory painted antenna will yield any better results than the antennas offered in this thread.
The factory painted antennas on the Buicks have different housings and connectors than the Camaro.
__________________
MaureenM@RodgersChevrolet
Parts & Accessory Manager
Discount GM Parts / Accessories
Actual Shipping with No Handling Charges
734 479-7170
MaureenM@RodgersChevrolet.com
MaureenM@RodgersChevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 03:04 AM   #121
Stay Marine
Finally home!!
 
Stay Marine's Avatar
 
Drives: IBM 2SS/RS; in transformation
Join Date: May 2009
Location: J-Ville, NC
Posts: 740
Say I wanted Sunuco Yellow for the antenna, as a nice contrast to the IBM paint (and future Yellow Rally Stripes); would you just need the paint code?
__________________
Stay Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:45 AM   #122
MaureenM@RodgersChevrolet

 
MaureenM@RodgersChevrolet's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 EQUINOX
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Woodhaven, MI
Posts: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Marine View Post
Say I wanted Sunuco Yellow for the antenna, as a nice contrast to the IBM paint (and future Yellow Rally Stripes); would you just need the paint code?
Pm sent.
__________________
MaureenM@RodgersChevrolet
Parts & Accessory Manager
Discount GM Parts / Accessories
Actual Shipping with No Handling Charges
734 479-7170
MaureenM@RodgersChevrolet.com
MaureenM@RodgersChevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:58 PM   #123
Ohten
Hot Sauce
 
Ohten's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Crystal Red Tincoat SS/RS
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: West Palm Beach,FL by way of Akron,OH
Posts: 1,333
I need a Silver Ice antenna and heritage grille,could you PM me a price with ordering details.
__________________
Ohten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 05:06 PM   #124
MaureenM@RodgersChevrolet

 
MaureenM@RodgersChevrolet's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 EQUINOX
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Woodhaven, MI
Posts: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohten View Post
I need a Silver Ice antenna and heritage grille,could you PM me a price with ordering details.

Pm sent.
__________________
MaureenM@RodgersChevrolet
Parts & Accessory Manager
Discount GM Parts / Accessories
Actual Shipping with No Handling Charges
734 479-7170
MaureenM@RodgersChevrolet.com
MaureenM@RodgersChevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 01:17 PM   #125
paulsandhu
Puth Sardaran Da!
 
paulsandhu's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Surrey, BC
Posts: 275
I would need a matte black antenna, could you tell me if this is possible? If so, could I get pricing and shipping info?

Thanks!
__________________
Black 2SS/RS w/IOM Interior
Order Date: March 28, 2009
DoB: June 19, 2009
Arrival Date: July 2, 2009


Project GHOST: The Member Car Journal

Follow me on Twitter @realPaulSandhu
paulsandhu is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wide Body? Cmlloveless Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions 12 05-04-2010 03:03 PM
Antenna should be body colored PAUL SS Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions 23 04-27-2009 04:10 PM
Antenna Question FUTURE TOP DOG OWNER Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions 4 03-27-2009 10:00 PM
Hardcore racers rejoice!! GM Performance Parts to offer new Camaro body in white radz28 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 23 12-22-2008 10:57 AM
Camaro Convertible Antenna? PA FAST Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions 12 09-21-2008 09:17 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.