Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

autoguy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-22-2009, 12:36 PM   #69
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
How do you figure ? If there is an issue over $400, making or breaking a deal my opinion is more than legit .....
Being able to afford it has nothing to do with it. I wouldn't pay a penny more for it if that wasn't the deal. In this case I would however pay the extra because that's an option that I would want. I would have to make sure that $400 is what the option cost to make sure they are not trying to get alittle bit more.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:03 PM   #70
gt2serious
Dan Hall / SS-IN-TX

Drives: SW/2SS/RS/11-11-09 It's all mine!!
IF, the deal was for MSRP..then the deal has not changed. If GM raised the price of the car to the Dealer and it is reflected on the MSRP then that is what you agreed to pay! At least you are getting something for the price increase (back-up sensors), wanted or not. GM and ALL OTHER manufacturers have price increases throughout the year and most of the time WITHOUT any modifications on the car.:( Just get in the new Camaro you ordered and start having a little fun with it!
Old 09-22-2009, 01:03 PM   #71
Shifty 6

Drives: 2010 GTI
Guys we seem to be missing the point on the price increase. It has nothing to do with whether or not this is an option you want or like, or even think is a good idea. Hylton hit the nail on the head....this is NOT an option. It is bundled with other things, I think C & C (I'm actually not sure). This should be treated like power windows and locks or A/C. Those items are included in the car and they are coming regarless of what you want or don't want. There is a price increase in the car, and you are being "compensated" for it by getting "more car" in the form of the sensors.
Shifty 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:11 PM   #72
Danko

Drives: 2010 Corvette MTX
Unbelievable how much bad advice and terrible "logic?" are in this one thread. Did anyone see the letter from GM? Sounds like the dealer ordered it wrong or just plain wants to get away with screwing a Camaro buyer. No one needs to accept this. Go to Small Claims Court and recover the $400 plus tax plus court costs after taking delivery.
Danko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:21 PM   #73
gt2serious
Dan Hall / SS-IN-TX

Drives: SW/2SS/RS/11-11-09 It's all mine!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danko View Post
Unbelievable how much bad advice and terrible "logic?" are in this one thread. Did anyone see the letter from GM? Sounds like the dealer ordered it wrong or just plain wants to get away with screwing a Camaro buyer. No one needs to accept this. Go to Small Claims Court and recover the $400 plus tax plus court costs after taking delivery.
How does a Dealer order it wrong when it has been added as part of every package? It was not the Dealers option to put it on or not..it now is standard equipment..and yes it costs more.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:22 PM   #74
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty 6 View Post
Guys we seem to be missing the point on the price increase. It has nothing to do with whether or not this is an option you want or like, or even think is a good idea. Hylton hit the nail on the head....this is NOT an option. It is bundled with other things, I think C & C (I'm actually not sure). This should be treated like power windows and locks or A/C. Those items are included in the car and they are coming regarless of what you want or don't want. There is a price increase in the car, and you are being "compensated" for it by getting "more car" in the form of the sensors.
I fully understand what your saying ,but If you ordered the car their should be somekind of cut off that says after this date we are changing . This way anybody that ordered a car don't get any surprises. It's not the customers fault they didn't get his car built under the conditions of the deal. What if gm would change all ss models to the ls9 and say it's going to add $20,000 to the price and everyone that has an ss ordered will just have to pay the extra $20,000 or lose.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:23 PM   #75
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
There was a dealer letter from GM posted here concerning the price increases and SS constraints ..... Search !!!
Old 09-22-2009, 01:24 PM   #76
jrboyd_1980
A ***'s Headache

Drives: Everything
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahart04 View Post
400 bucks is 400 bucks....if its not to you then, can i have 400 bucks?

sorry man that sucks but MSRP on those are only 295$. sounds like your dealer got an extra bill from you for being uninformed....

$295 for sensors then the Destination charge went up another $100 dollars as well that is where the $400 comes from
jrboyd_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:31 PM   #77
jrboyd_1980
A ***'s Headache

Quote:
Your advice is to go to small claims court and try to recover $400.00 that is standard equipment in a car? I didn't order my car with Onstar but it's on there, I want my money back for whatever Onstar costs. Didn't order the airbags either!! What it has Dex-Coolant instead of Antifreeze!! Thats another $50.00 I could save!

It is STANDARD equipment. Dealer isn't trying to screw the OP over. It was posted here countless times. It is 295 and then you had another 100 to the destination charge, thats 395 dollars. This is almost as bad as the doc fee thread. If the extra $400 dollars is keeping you from buying a Camaro, maybe you really don't need one. Could be an honest mistake on the dealerships part. So lets give them hell, over something that may be an honest mistake, because we here are perfect of-course. And who knows, maybe if you raise enough hell, they just get pissed and refuse service to the customer, or sell the car to someone who really want's a Camaro, and the $400 dollars isn't a huge deal.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:39 PM   #78
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrboyd_1980 View Post
Your advice is to go to small claims court and try to recover $400.00 that is standard equipment in a car? I didn't order my car with Onstar but it's on their, I want my money back for whatever Onstar costs. Didn't order the airbags either!! What it has Dex-Coolant instead of Antifreeze!! Thats another $50.00 I could save!

It is STANDARD equipment. Dealer isn't trying to screw the OP over. It was posted here countless times. It is 295 and then you had another 100 to the destination charge, thats 395 dollars. This is almost as bad as the doc fee thread. If the extra $400 dollars is keeping you from buying a Camaro, maybe you really don't need one. Could be an honest mistake on the dealerships part. So lets give them hell, over something that may be an honest mistake, because we here are perfect of-course. And who knows, maybe if you raise enough hell, they just get pissed and refuse service to the customer, or sell the car to someone who really want's a Camaro, and the $400 dollars isn't a huge deal.
The differance here is you already knew your car had airbags and onstar, and you already knew the cost before you signed up. He signed up for one price and got another. It doesn't matter if it's standard or not. Gm should build the cars that where ordered the way they were ordered and set up a change over date that says after this date any car ordered will now come with this option at this extra price. Then we wouldn't get any surprises.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:42 PM   #79
ThisChicksGotAYellow2SS

Drives: Yellow 2SS, '06 Evo IX
So many people on this thread are being ridiculous. This has nothing to do with market adjustments or the like. Point is that the customer should have been informed as soon as the dealer was informed. And what a lot of you are missing, is that it's not just $295, it's $295 plus interest, perhaps for something that the customer did not want. If it was me, I would have been quite upset as well. I didn't order mine, so I don't know, but don't you receive a document stating the price of your car with all added options etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerss View Post
Went down to the dealer today to see my baby and finalize everything,and to my SURPRISE an additional $400.00 was added to the list price???I was told that the Camaro is now being built with rear back-up audible sensors,and you have no choice but to pay for them,it was a memo sent to all dealers and it stipulated that the dealer was to contact the customer and no compensation was to be made by the dealer for this add on, simply put, if you do not want the sensors on your car, then G.M. will take the car back or the dealer can buy it.I called Oshawa from the dealers and the girls did not know anything about this,but the area rep. will deal with any issues you have.My salesman said that he will talk to his boss about some sort of compensation,but we all know where that will go!!!!Well My wife said on the good side is is a great option to have, but on the flip side I HATE SURPRISES!!!!!!

The next person who assumes that my car belongs to my boyfriend/husband is gonna be on the receiving end of some hot hell! I'm a girl dammit, not a preschooler!

Can someone tell me why so many Domestic owners hate Imports? Esp Japanese?
ThisChicksGotAYellow2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:43 PM   #80
nova

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, VR, PW, WR
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARME View Post
So you dish out $36,000+ for a 2ss/rs but complain about $400.... I don't see the logic here.
Guys I just don't know about getting that Ferrari F430. I'm just not sure if I can afford tires and oil changes

Mods:
skip shift eliminator (hey everybody's gotta start somewhere )
crappily painted engine cover...
nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:43 PM   #81
Arkanian
"World of Warcraft" Gamer

Drives: IBM 2SS/RS LS3 AFO
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
The differance here is you already knew your car had airbags and onstar, and you already knew the cost before you signed up. He signed up for one price and got another. It doesn't matter if it's standard or not. Gm should build the cars that where ordered the way they were ordered and set up a change over date that says after this date any car ordered will now come with this option at this extra price. Then we wouldn't get any surprises.
Arkanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:44 PM   #82
jrboyd_1980
A ***'s Headache

Using that logic, then whatever price he signed up for should be price he pays, that means if there's any extra incentives available when he takes delivery of the vehicle that he shouldn't get them? (ie. the Opt out for $500.00 that is currently in place.)
Old 09-22-2009, 01:45 PM   #83
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
It's a surprise? We found out about this weeks ago...Or has it been a month now? Opt out of the 60 day return deal and get $500 off....situation resolved. (Or was that one a surprise too!)
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:46 PM   #84
jrboyd_1980
A ***'s Headache

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...parking+sensor posted 8/27
Old 09-22-2009, 01:53 PM   #85
Arkanian
"World of Warcraft" Gamer

Drives: IBM 2SS/RS LS3 AFO
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrboyd_1980 View Post
This is a good one too, My dealer didn't tell me about this site, found it serfing the net... How about those that don't even know Camaro5 exists, who will tell them????
Arkanian is offline   Reply With Quote