Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2009, 10:35 AM   #57
jrboyd_1980
A ***'s Headache
 
jrboyd_1980's Avatar
 
Drives: Everything
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,174
It won't affect financing on the vehicle. Financing banks don't look at the price, they look at what % of the MSRP are you financing.
jrboyd_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:39 AM   #58
BigRigMike
 
BigRigMike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Ford Fusion
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: York, PA
Posts: 374
Did the sensor price go up? I thought they were going to add $295 to MSRP not $400.
BigRigMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:50 AM   #59
ahart04
most bang for your buck
 
ahart04's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM/BLK RALLYS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Austin
Posts: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARME View Post
So you dish out $36,000+ for a 2ss/rs but complain about $400.... I don't see the logic here.

400 bucks is 400 bucks....if its not to you then, can i have 400 bucks?

sorry man that sucks but MSRP on those are only 295$. sounds like your dealer got an extra bill from you for being uninformed....
__________________
2G1FT1EW8A9142133 Delivered to me 09/22/09!
ahart04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:55 AM   #60
ahart04
most bang for your buck
 
ahart04's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM/BLK RALLYS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Austin
Posts: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
If you have that big an issue over $400... You can't afford this car ...IMO. .....

You can't afford this car is actually not an opinion at all. it's a fact, either false or true. and since you don't know his finances, i don't even see how this is a legitimate response. It's neat that you have more money than others.....
__________________
2G1FT1EW8A9142133 Delivered to me 09/22/09!
ahart04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:00 AM   #61
SlingShot


 
SlingShot's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Seminole, Fl.
Posts: 7,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRigMike View Post
Did the sensor price go up? I thought they were going to add $295 to MSRP not $400.
You are correct, but It was my understanding the shipping went up as well......
__________________
SlingShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:02 AM   #62
SlingShot


 
SlingShot's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Seminole, Fl.
Posts: 7,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahart04 View Post
You can't afford this car is actually not an opinion at all. it's a fact, either false or true. and since you don't know his finances, i don't even see how this is a legitimate response. It's neat that you have more money than others.....
How do you figure ? If there is an issue over $400, making or breaking a deal my opinion is more than legit .....
__________________
SlingShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:04 AM   #63
Arkanian
"World of Warcraft" Gamer
 
Arkanian's Avatar
 
Drives: IBM 2SS/RS LS3 AFO
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pleasant Garden, NC
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTucker View Post
$400/60 months= $6.67/month plus what interest there would be
$400/24 months= $16.67/month plus interest...

Again, that shouldn't make or break a buyer if they want the car and can afford it. As was posted earlier, if you are this close on qualifying...please think before you buy because the OEM tires on this car are ridiculously expensive right now...and you are going to want to mod the thing...admit it...where will that money come from?

I'm curious why the finance company wouldn't agree to the $400? It's not like you are installing curb feelers for $400 or undercoating for $400...this is a GM standard option. Are people running into this issue? I've seen it with dealer-added crap like pinstripes for $200 ($10 worth of striping max by the way), paint and interior protection (usually $25 to a dealer or so depending on the company scamming, er providing it), glass etching for hundreds of dollars (couple of bucks worth of materials), and undercoating (factory already has galvinization and if it isn't applied correctly may actually hasten rusting)...but never with a true dealer installed piece of standard equipment.
For the record, my financing is fine, and my order date is 8/31 and the sensors are included in my deal. I am a small busness owner and I have no issues with finances altother. I did feel like sticking up for Tigger based on the fact that dealers do have the tendancy to sneak more charges in at the last minute, such as a rediculas $400 + processing fee and additional installation charges for the striping and exhaust that are included in the ordering. The principle is indeed the case here, GM should include this item for those that ordered before 8/31, just out of good faith, and the upside in doing so is word of mouth bringing them more customers....
Arkanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:05 AM   #64
Unique Auto Depot

 
Unique Auto Depot's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro 2010
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,205
That sucks
Unique Auto Depot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:08 AM   #65
ahart04
most bang for your buck
 
ahart04's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM/BLK RALLYS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Austin
Posts: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
How do you figure ? If there is an issue over $400, making or breaking a deal my opinion is more than legit .....
it's not me that figures, its the english language.

and it's not an opinion.

it's a FACT, that your claiming to be true.

here's an example of an opinion:

Green is better than blue.
__________________
2G1FT1EW8A9142133 Delivered to me 09/22/09!
ahart04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:11 AM   #66
ACDC1710
 
Drives: 1968 Camaro RS, 2002 Trans AM
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SC
Posts: 79
My dealer only added $295 to my order for the back up sensors.
ACDC1710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:30 AM   #67
SlingShot


 
SlingShot's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Seminole, Fl.
Posts: 7,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahart04 View Post
it's not me that figures, its the english language.

and it's not an opinion.

it's a FACT, that your claiming to be true.

here's an example of an opinion:

Green is better than blue.
It's still an opinion right or wrong ...... Just like in my opinion you are wrong ...... I would suggest looking up the definition of opinion before posting.....
__________________
SlingShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:33 AM   #68
MontyCarlo

 
MontyCarlo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,259
Drop the semantics. If somebody says "$400 would break the bank for me" like someone brought up earlier, that person's not in a good financial place for buying a car like this. Call it opinion or interpretation or whatever label you want to slap on it, but there it is.

There are, of course, people who can afford the $400 and just don't like spending it, but the "you shouldn't be buying a car like this" answer wasn't aimed at them.
__________________
FAQs:
1. No, I do not have any strong opinions about the Monte Carlo.
2. Yes, I know what my name looks like.
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
MontyCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:36 AM   #69
coolman
Guest
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 4,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
How do you figure ? If there is an issue over $400, making or breaking a deal my opinion is more than legit .....
Being able to afford it has nothing to do with it. I wouldn't pay a penny more for it if that wasn't the deal. In this case I would however pay the extra because that's an option that I would want. I would have to make sure that $400 is what the option cost to make sure they are not trying to get alittle bit more.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:03 PM   #70
gt2serious
Dan Hall / SS-IN-TX
 
gt2serious's Avatar
 
Drives: SW/2SS/RS/11-11-09 It's all mine!!
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 281
IF, the deal was for MSRP..then the deal has not changed. If GM raised the price of the car to the Dealer and it is reflected on the MSRP then that is what you agreed to pay! At least you are getting something for the price increase (back-up sensors), wanted or not. GM and ALL OTHER manufacturers have price increases throughout the year and most of the time WITHOUT any modifications on the car.:( Just get in the new Camaro you ordered and start having a little fun with it!
__________________
Going fast is only a state of mind....until you release the brake!
gt2serious is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
V6 Camaro Performance Upgrades rtcat600man Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 368 08-01-2016 03:43 PM
Does the v6 have enough power? cstproductions Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 305 08-29-2012 09:27 PM
Think about this and the Z28 5th gen 13F20 Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 41 09-04-2010 12:59 AM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 07:33 PM
2010 Camaro, Decisions Decisions… (Winding Road Review) Xmicro_SS 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 19 05-09-2009 11:40 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.