Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2009, 10:25 AM   #69
Steve@Vectormotorsports
 
Drives: Firehawk
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Port Huron
Posts: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Like he said.

Thank you for the offer though.
Ted will you be testing these on the L99 as well as the LS3?
Steve@Vectormotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:30 AM   #70
Verio
Taking it 1 day at a time
 
Verio's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS Auto
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 751
Send a message via MSN to Verio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve@Vectormotorsports View Post
Ted will you be testing these on the L99 as well as the LS3?
I've got an L99 that would love to be a test-bed.... haha.
__________________
Order#: NJWGTF
1100, Preliminary order accepted 04/27/2009
6000, Delivered to the customer 07/23/2009 - 3 Months (worth the wait!!)
Verio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:33 AM   #71
Steve@Vectormotorsports
 
Drives: Firehawk
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Port Huron
Posts: 213
I believe for it to be a fair shootout both platforms should be tested.
Steve@Vectormotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:41 AM   #72
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 10,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve@Vectormotorsports View Post
Ted will you be testing these on the L99 as well as the LS3?
I am certainly considering it, the problem comes in with the auto on the dyno.

In order to get a fair test the transmisson must be locked in high gear with converter locked to make a full sweep from 2000 to 6400.

The transmission will not stay in one gear otherwise.

I can easily do this but it cost 100.00 for the HP tuner license for that car so it will be up to the customer lending his or her car for the testing.

I am already incuring a tremedous cost, just trying to keep it under control.

Since both engines use the same air box mass air meter I expect similar results.

Ted.
__________________
Technical information, Parts Sales, Professional Installation, and Custom Dyno Tuning.
Please vist our web sites for all your performance needs!
Ted Jannetty
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:44 AM   #73
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 10,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verio View Post
I've got an L99 that would love to be a test-bed.... haha.
Thank you for the offer, we should talk.
__________________
Technical information, Parts Sales, Professional Installation, and Custom Dyno Tuning.
Please vist our web sites for all your performance needs!
Ted Jannetty
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:51 AM   #74
franknbeans
Whipped
 
franknbeans's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pittsburgh-ish - PA
Posts: 4,201
- Bad ass buddy. Can't wait to see the outcome.
__________________
franknbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:08 PM   #75
ORANGE U NV
 
ORANGE U NV's Avatar
 
Drives: The Wife Crazy
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: TAMPA BAY
Posts: 550
I had already ordered my Roto-fab CAI when this thread started. It arrived undamaged and neatly packed in a cutout foam base. I just finished the install and did a fuse pull overnight. I am very happy with the quality, color instructions and the easy install. :w00t

Personally, I expect all CAI's to produce about the same amount of increase. I based my purchase on the comments shared on this forum and the details of the product. Honestly, when it arrived it exceeded my expectations when I inspected the craftsmanship of the product.

I'm really disappointed that Roto-fab has not responded or provided a reason for not participating in this test. I don't race and I just wanted a good CAI for the money. I'm still satisfied that Roto-fab is a good value and don't regret my purchase............ but com'on guys. Hell, if I had not installed it already I would have shipped it for testing. Hellooooo............you guys are on this forum all the time.

I'm a customer, and I'm calling y'all out and throwing down the bull$**t card!
__________________
"God is great, beer is good and people are crazy"

2010 2SS IOM/IOM L99 Black Rally Stripes, Polished Wheels, Loudmouth II, Rotofab CAI, IOM Heritage Grille,Tune by Jeremy Formato (Fasterproms Tuning).
ORANGE U NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:31 PM   #76
Fastlane
 
Drives: 2010 Silver 2SS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 66
Send a message via Skype™ to Fastlane
We will ship one by the end of the week. Let me know if you have any questions......
Fastlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:51 PM   #77
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 10,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastlane View Post
We will ship one by the end of the week. Let me know if you have any questions......
That is 5 anyone else?
Revolution
ADM, Recieved 09-23-09
LMR
TSP
Fastlane

Ted.
__________________
Technical information, Parts Sales, Professional Installation, and Custom Dyno Tuning.
Please vist our web sites for all your performance needs!
Ted Jannetty
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:00 PM   #78
Croathlete
Danny
 
Croathlete's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,655
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Vararam better get in on this test...
__________________
2SS/RS CGM with black rally stripes

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."

Please help me fight back by supporting me in the 2010 American Cancer Society's Relay for Life. Every little bit helps. Click here for more information. Thank you to those that have donated!
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:23 PM   #79
Doc
Dances With Mustangs
 
Doc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
Vararam better get in on this test...
Yeah seriously. Actually I have an idea. Whoever's product wins this test, I say they should sell those to Ted at wholesale and we all buy them from him so he gets something out of this.
__________________

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:46 PM   #80
MaroSS
ZL1
 
MaroSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 10' SS/RS - Sold; 15' White ZL1
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Harbor City, CA
Posts: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number_9 View Post
No, no... this thread DOES kick a$$!
Your right ... how foolish of me
__________________
MaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:01 PM   #81
GMRULZ

 
GMRULZ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS & 2008 C6
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: VA
Posts: 1,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORANGE U NV View Post
I had already ordered my Roto-fab CAI when this thread started. It arrived undamaged and neatly packed in a cutout foam base. I just finished the install and did a fuse pull overnight. I am very happy with the quality, color instructions and the easy install. :w00t

Personally, I expect all CAI's to produce about the same amount of increase. I based my purchase on the comments shared on this forum and the details of the product. Honestly, when it arrived it exceeded my expectations when I inspected the craftsmanship of the product.

I'm really disappointed that Roto-fab has not responded or provided a reason for not participating in this test. I don't race and I just wanted a good CAI for the money. I'm still satisfied that Roto-fab is a good value and don't regret my purchase............ but com'on guys. Hell, if I had not installed it already I would have shipped it for testing. Hellooooo............you guys are on this forum all the time.

I'm a customer, and I'm calling y'all out and throwing down the bull$**t card!


Send them a PM w/ the link, they could have missed it....Most likely not but there is always that possibility.

Vararam should send their no tune unit as well.

Ted,
Thanks again for doing this. I remember the old LT1 days myself...
My 96 LT1 TA:
__________________
2010 SS L99, 536rwhp 10.843@126.72. Whipple Supercharger stock pulley, ARH 1 7/8 longtubes w/ catted xpipe, magnaflow 3" mufflers, ADM Race CAI, 3:70 gears, lightweight wheels and nitto drag radials. Stock internal L99, stock converter.

Bolt on best before blower 12.22@113.29 w/ nothing but ARH headers, catted x-pipe, ADM CAI and a tune on stock Pzero`s!

Other car 2008 C6 Ls3, z51, A6, Npp Exhaust, best bonestock pass 11.80@118.82, Number 2 on the Corvette Forums Bonestock fastest list..
GMRULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:38 PM   #82
Roto-fab 1


 
Roto-fab 1's Avatar
 
Drives: 68 Camaro 14 Stingray 16 Camaro SS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,737
Roto-fab CAI

A vendor sent us a link to this thread...it sounds like a great idea and we would like to be involved with it! One of our systems will be sent out to you yet this week. We were involved with a similar competition with our HEMI intake. It resulted in good info for consumers and produced a big spike in sales for us!

I do have a few suggestions stemming from that comparison. The promoters reviewed and posted pics of:
1) packaging/condition of product upon arrival
2) ease of installation/instructions thorough?
3) fit and finish
4) performance/drivability

While performance is definitely the driving force behind our intake designs, we realize our customers consider all of the qualities listed above to be relevant to their purchasing decision. That's why we put a great deal of effort and attention to detail towards each one of these issues.
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:48 PM   #83
BlackinBlack
 
BlackinBlack's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Black
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post
A vendor sent us a link to this thread...it sounds like a great idea and we would like to be involved with it! One of our systems will be sent out to you yet this week. We were involved with a similar competition with our HEMI intake. It resulted in good info for consumers and produced a big spike in sales for us!

I do have a few suggestions stemming from that comparison. The promoters reviewed and posted pics of:
1) packaging/condition of product upon arrival
2) ease of installation/instructions thorough?
3) fit and finish
4) performance/drivability

While performance is definitely the driving force behind our intake designs, we realize our customers consider all of the qualities listed above to be relevant to their purchasing decision. That's why we put a great deal of effort and attention to detail towards each one of these issues.
Great to see Roto-Fab join the fray. I am very interested to see the results.
__________________
2013 ZL1 BLACK on BLACK
Roto-Fab CAI

2010 2SS/RS BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
3" MBRP 304 Stainless Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI
BlackinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:50 PM   #84
gmag21
gmag21
 
gmag21's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lafayette/Kingwood
Posts: 337
Send a message via AIM to gmag21 Send a message via Skype™ to gmag21
LMR needs to step to the plate, and Vararam.
__________________


L99 | Billyboat Exhaust, American Racing Headers, Pfadt Springs and Sways, Tune | 350 whp / 371 tq
gmag21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:57 PM   #85
ADM PERFORMANCE

 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 #138
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DfW - Texas
Posts: 4,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
That is 5 anyone else?
ADM, Recieved 09-23-09
Ted.




Andy
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I want a_______ for my new Camaro (vendors please read!!!) Deeboe Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions 42 07-11-2009 07:08 PM
LS3 goes 11`s Bonestock! GMRULZ Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 28 12-08-2008 10:10 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.