Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2006, 10:04 AM   #1
camaro2009
camaro2009
 
camaro2009's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL-1 AGM 6M #0369
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Missouri,Hume
Posts: 101
Send a message via Yahoo to camaro2009
my salesman was thinking of me this christmas

I received a call from my Chevy salesman, urging me to come by the dealership, that he had a little surprise for me.
When I arrived, he presented me with the 1/64 scale Camaro Concept in Chrome. He said it was just a little token of his appreciation for purchasing 2 vehicles from him this year. I am the #2 on his list which has grown to 12 already. I did not have the heart to tell him that I already had one. But what a nice thought that was, just goes to show, the all car salesmen are not heartless. Thanks for the stocking stuffer Greg.

And Merry Christmas to all, and to all, a good drive!
__________________
2013 Camaro ZL-1 AGM M6
2010 Camaro 2SS CGM with SIM stripes(Traded)
2007 Chevy Duramax Dually LBCC
1974 Camaro Type LT
1995 Camaro Plum V-6 Auto 80k original miles

Traded the '10 SS for the BAD ASS 2013 ZL-1 AGM ,M-6 Once again the thanks go out to my wonderful wife and a chance encounter while servicing my Duramax!! Destiny......nope...FATE
camaro2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 10:23 AM   #2
OverAnxious

 
OverAnxious's Avatar
 
Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 797
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
Sounds cool, those are nice cars I bought a couple myself

Most salesmen can be aholes, no matter how many cars/trucks you buy from them. I've seen this so many times...
__________________
Joe
Over Anxious - 1967 Camaro RS/SS L78
5th Gen Camaro BLOG // My eBay auctions
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 11:43 AM   #3
Moose
Moderator
 
Moose's Avatar
 
Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Newtown, Pa.
Posts: 4,015
Now that's a cool salesman!

I've been bugging the salesman who sold me the SS to let me know the minute he receives any info. on the new Camaro.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 11:45 AM   #4
OverAnxious

 
OverAnxious's Avatar
 
Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 797
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
Now that's a cool salesman!

I've been bugging the salesman who sold me the SS to let me know the minute he receives any info. on the new Camaro.
I'm sure you'll get it from Scott or these forums before he has any clue
__________________
Joe
Over Anxious - 1967 Camaro RS/SS L78
5th Gen Camaro BLOG // My eBay auctions
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 11:50 AM   #5
Moose
Moderator
 
Moose's Avatar
 
Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Newtown, Pa.
Posts: 4,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAnxious View Post
I'm sure you'll get it from Scott or these forums before he has any clue
My brother has told me he's certain I know more about the 5th Gen. than they do at the dealer.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 01:50 PM   #6
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 26,386
First off, that is a very cool salesman. My guys keep sending me cards every year...happy birthday, Merry Christmas which is kinda cool. But giving you a chrome die cast? Yeah, that's a cool guy.

You guys are right. We do know more about the Camaro than they do now. But, there wil come a time when the dealer has the whole package..options, etc. I always wanted to be the first to have the concept, but I think I'm just going to take my time....let all these other guys go up there and spend a little extra cash. We will alll get what we want. It just takes patience and determination.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 02:27 PM   #7
OverAnxious

 
OverAnxious's Avatar
 
Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 797
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
First off, that is a very cool salesman. My guys keep sending me cards every year...happy birthday, Merry Christmas which is kinda cool. But giving you a chrome die cast? Yeah, that's a cool guy.

You guys are right. We do know more about the Camaro than they do now. But, there wil come a time when the dealer has the whole package..options, etc. I always wanted to be the first to have the concept, but I think I'm just going to take my time....let all these other guys go up there and spend a little extra cash. We will alll get what we want. It just takes patience and determination.
I agree. Let the thick wallets drive them off the showroom first. Not to mention, the convertible may or may not be available the first year out
__________________
Joe
Over Anxious - 1967 Camaro RS/SS L78
5th Gen Camaro BLOG // My eBay auctions
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 04:42 PM   #8
Moose
Moderator
 
Moose's Avatar
 
Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Newtown, Pa.
Posts: 4,015
I'll absolutely be waiting a bit before I order my 5th Gen.!

My guess is, any 5th Gens. on dealer lots will have a dealer markup initially, just like the Mustang GT did.

But, I'll want to know when my dealer has the info. so that I can stop in, go over it, and have a good idea whats available and what I'll want to order when the time comes.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 04:36 AM   #9
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 26,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
I'll absolutely be waiting a bit before I order my 5th Gen.!

My guess is, any 5th Gens. on dealer lots will have a dealer markup initially, just like the Mustang GT did.

But, I'll want to know when my dealer has the info. so that I can stop in, go over it, and have a good idea whats available and what I'll want to order when the time comes.
Heck yeah! Whoever finds out when the dealers will be getting the info, post it up! I know I'm going to be making a b line for the dealer and I'll get them to make me a copy of it...IT WILL BE POSTED FOR ALL TO SEE!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 11:06 AM   #10
KBearZ28
 
KBearZ28's Avatar
 
Drives: 98 Camaro Z28
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lancaster, Pa
Posts: 68
Send a message via AIM to KBearZ28
I am a salesman at a Chevy, Pontiac, Buick Dealer in Lancaster, Pa.
I can keep you guys updated on any dealer info that I come across.
But most likely you guys will find it out as soon as we do.
BTW your salesman went the extra mile for you, he seems like a good guy.


Kevin
KBearZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 12:17 AM   #11
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 26,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBearZ28 View Post
I am a salesman at a Chevy, Pontiac, Buick Dealer in Lancaster, Pa.
I can keep you guys updated on any dealer info that I come across.
But most likely you guys will find it out as soon as we do.
BTW your salesman went the extra mile for you, he seems like a good guy.


Kevin
please let us know, kevin!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Camaro prototype on the road by Christmas OverAnxious 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 29 03-01-2007 08:13 AM
concept Camaro Christmas ornaments Moose Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 2 01-02-2007 12:01 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.