Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 09-25-2009, 09:02 AM   #1
Susantroy1
To All Veterans

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Inferno Orange
Meguiars #83/80 Dual Action Cleaner/Polish??

Hey all,

For My Moms Birthday I Took her to a Rays Ballgame and told her that I planned on detailing her 08 Camry (She's a nut for a clean car) With that said Her paint is maroon and has allot of spider webbing in it. All I have is the Zaino line and I know her paint will require treatment prior to sealing it with Zaino. So I've got my new 7424 XP with the full assortment of CCA Pads.
I plan on claying prior to polishing, I've ordered the Meguiars Mirror Glaze #83 Dual Action Cleaner/Polish along with the Meguiars Mirror Glaze #80 Dual Action Cleaner/Polish followed up with their Mirror Glaze #3 Pro Machine Glaze. I'll seal it with Zaino Z2/Z6. Does this sound about right? Any thoughts on the Meguiars professional product line? I'm going with them due to name recognition and cost. Anybody have first hand knowledge on the shine with this? Thanks folks!! Plan on doing this Saturday
Susantroy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 08:31 PM   #2
Angelo@Autopia

Drives: 2014 Ford Focus ST
Wish I can help you this weekend, I just got out of the hospital. If you need help in polishing with your 7424XP let me know, maybe I can help.............
Angelo@Autopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 09:39 PM   #3
Susantroy1
To All Veterans

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Inferno Orange
Thanks G Hope all is well

Just got back from my Mom's place (7hrs) , My order of the Meguiars won't be in until Monday, I did use the 7424 using 3Ms polishing compound with the yellow pad, Took 70% of the webbing out and followed with the Meguiars #7 Glaze on a blue pad. But she has a case of acid rain etching that will need something a bit more aggressive thinking about the M105 Ultra cut by Meguiars with the orange LC Pad and follow that with the #83/#80 Polish combo for final polishing. I only put one coat of the Z2 down due to time restraints. It turn out really awesome (in her eyes) But the acid rain etching bugs the crap outta me I'll try again next weekend and see If I can get it done right. Best part of the day was being able to spend it with her
Susantroy1 is offline   Reply With Quote