Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 09-26-2009, 02:37 PM   #1
OBSSEST

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS, Black
Micro Fiber NOT all created equal

For years I have gone between Sams Club and Costco micro fiber towels. Costco towels have tags, which I guess should be cut off because they can scratch. I've also noticed that the Costco MF towels lint badly. They leave alot of fibers especially on glass. Sams Club MF towels have no tags and don't seem to leave Micro fiber lint when you wipe down with them, which is nice.

I just wonder if the Costco towels lint more because they are softer, which might not be a bad thing. Apparently micro fiber is not all the same. I read a post that the Meguiar's MF towels lint, as well. ANy thoughts on this?
OBSSEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:06 PM   #2
crzycicada

Drives: 2SS/RS/LS3
I have some Meguiar's MF towels and I didn't think they lint bad at all though after I first washed my car last weekend, I noticed scratches in the clear coat. Not sure though if it were these towels, the wash mit or the waffle weave drying towel that did it though. All these products were Meguiar's BTW. I am doing the Zaino thing as I type and have since ordered and used the Zaino blonde towels. I do recommend these as they seem softer and are borderfree with no tags on them.

Whatever you do though and no matter what towels you use, wash them before using. Wash them using a liquid detergent and then dry them stopping them while they're still a little damp. Don't use any fabric softener or sheets too. Even though I did wash the blonde towels there was still some lint but nothing significant and nothing to worry about.

Order date: 7/17/09
3000 TPW: 8/17/09
3400 status on 8/11/09
3800: 8/21/09
4200: 8/24/09 on rail car ETTX850796
5000/6000: 9/2/09
crzycicada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:35 AM   #3
Angelo@Autopia

Drives: 2014 Ford Focus ST
Here is some infromation that might help in the world of Microfibers: http://www.properautocare.com/micwhatbigde.html . Hope this helps you out.
Angelo@Autopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:41 AM   #4
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
The best Microfiber I have ever used is sold by Adam's Polishes:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-409-a...els-2-pak.aspx

The softest out there!