Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 04-26-2016, 04:12 PM   #1
brick777

Drives: 1999 SS
Chevy Cust. Serv. reply re: Reclining Seat

Hi V,

We understand how disappointing this may be and do apologize. We do take comments like this seriously and certainly do not want this to diminish your view of the Chevy brand. Your thoughts on this matter are very much appreciated and we will continue to document your feedback for our internal teams to view. Should you ever have any future questions or comments, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Kindly,

Erica W.
Chevrolet Customer Care

This is the reply I received when I questioned them on their logic with the limited recline function of seat backrest. I think it would be in our best interests if others wrote to customer service complaining about this problem if this is an issue for you as well ? Here's your chance to make a difference and get what you want for all the money you spent on your car ? Thanks members !
brick777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 04:18 PM   #2
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
for the money I got a bad ass driving machine, I didn't buy a recliner with wheels for naps. this is simple sports car logic. you think that sucks, try reclining in a Porsche.

sorry bro, but I don't see it as a "problem". a problem is when the seat wont recline at all. this car isn't for thuggish laid back cruising or occasional laid back naps, its purpose built.
Old 04-26-2016, 04:28 PM   #3
SimMan

Drives: 2011 SIM Convertible
Send a message via Skype™ to SimMan
If you are referring to the drivers seat not reclining, I don't have a problem with it. I do have a problem with the fact that my passenger seat back doesn't recline at all. I am working on a fix with my dealer and we'll see how that works out.
Old 04-26-2016, 04:28 PM   #4
Modshack

Drives: 2SS, Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by brick777 View Post
This is the reply I received when I questioned them on their logic with the limited recline function of seat backrest. I think it would be in our best interests if others wrote to customer service complaining about this problem if this is an issue for you as well ? Here's your chance to make a difference and get what you want for all the money you spent on your car ? Thanks members !
You need to understand that customer relations jobs are bottom of the barrel entry level jobs. They really don't know much nor do they interface with engineering or design. Mostly the complaints get put in a data base, and when they become frequent the engineers will look at it. Notice the Generic responses in most all their posts? Not to say it doesn't help in the end, but basically your dealer is where the rubber meats the road for real fixes. I thi'nk it's gonna take A LOT of complaints to make an engineerng change..
Old 04-26-2016, 04:35 PM   #5
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modshack View Post
You need to understand that customer relations jobs are bottom of the barrel entry level jobs. They really don't know much nor do they interface with engineering or design. Mostly the complaints get put in a data base, and when they become frequent the engineers will look at it. Notice the Generic responses in most all their posts? Not to say it doesn't help in the end, but basically your dealer is where the rubber meats the road for real fixes. I thi'nk it's gonna take A LOT of complaints to make an engineerng change..
Absolutely spot on, that and warranty repairs, a "top 10" warranty repairs list is updated daily for each dealer, the market, the region and nationally. And it becomes the bible for potental changes.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote