Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 10-01-2009, 08:45 PM   #1
klove

Drives: black 2SS RS
Blinder X-Treme m45 and viper 5002

I put 3 laser jammers in the grille and one on the back. Dont have pics of them installed because you cant see them. I put the warning light for the blinder and the viper right under the information center. I put a switch for the jammer right by the seat belt on the drivers.
Attached Images

klove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:05 PM   #2
sting808

Drives: 2010 SS RS
How does the M45s work behind the billet grill? I wonder if the signal is affected by obstructions. Did you use existing hardware on a hardpoint or did you fabricate a bracket for a more custom position? (Can't see the units in the pics)

I have the M45 and K40 defuser on my truck. I made a custom bracket so the units are slightly recessed, but unobstucted.

Nice setup.
sting808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:14 PM   #3
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Nice
Old 10-02-2009, 12:02 AM   #4
klove

Drives: black 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sting808 View Post
How does the M45s work behind the billet grill? I wonder if the signal is affected by obstructions. Did you use existing hardware on a hardpoint or did you fabricate a bracket for a more custom position? (Can't see the units in the pics)

I have the M45 and K40 defuser on my truck. I made a custom bracket so the units are slightly recessed, but unobstucted.

Nice setup.
It was a real pain but i fabricated some brackets so that the modules sit both level to the road and so the "eye" is level with a slit in the grille. The new blinder allows you to test to see if its working by pointing a tv remote control and it registers the IR beam from the remote. Had no problems when i tested it with the remote, recognized from all angles.
klove is offline   Reply With Quote