Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
MPD1
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences Share review & feedback on vendors and sellers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2009, 06:38 PM   #1
EAkrish
Scout Sniping
 
EAkrish's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Ford F150 Lariat SuperCrew
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 762
Send a message via AIM to EAkrish
Talking New Era OTR Intake!!!!!!

First off let me say that I went from a LMR intake to the new era. All I can say is WOW! It pulls a good bit harder than the LMR and mike and his whole crew in NY are great! I am going to post some numbers in a few weeks so stay tuned!!!!!! Also I have no bucking issues or any other issues.
__________________
Eric
Previous Car:1SS/CGM 6MT w/ Sunroof & FACTORY BLUETOOTH!!!: New Era OTR, Steeda Short Shifter, Ported TB, Stg 2 ported intake manifold, Fasterproms, Poor man down pipes, MBRP 3" Exhaust!!!


Now I drive a F150 Supercrew
EAkrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 07:13 PM   #2
joelster
 
Drives: '94 Z28+ '14 1LE
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tonawanda, NY
Posts: 588
OTR intakes > regular CAI's. Good choice on your purchase!
joelster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 07:51 PM   #3
EAkrish
Scout Sniping
 
EAkrish's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Ford F150 Lariat SuperCrew
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 762
Send a message via AIM to EAkrish
Thanks!
__________________
Eric
Previous Car:1SS/CGM 6MT w/ Sunroof & FACTORY BLUETOOTH!!!: New Era OTR, Steeda Short Shifter, Ported TB, Stg 2 ported intake manifold, Fasterproms, Poor man down pipes, MBRP 3" Exhaust!!!


Now I drive a F150 Supercrew
EAkrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:38 PM   #4
BlackM6RS/SS
 
BlackM6RS/SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black M6 RS/2SS
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Benbrook, TX
Posts: 288
Yea, I bought me a NEW ERA CAI and im very happy with the results! I dont have no complaints about it. IMO
BlackM6RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 12:07 PM   #5
ssmike
Missing Big Red
 
ssmike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Equinox CRT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 6,215
I'm glad you guys are having no problems with your New Era intake! It seems that some of us have had drivability issues in LS3's and some not. I don't understand it, but I just couldn't stand the bucking I was getting at steady speeds. I had to return it and I just installed a Roto-Fab which works perfectly, no issues at all. Enjoy your ride and watch out for the Po-Po! Do you guys have L99's or LS3's?
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 02:46 PM   #6
BlackM6RS/SS
 
BlackM6RS/SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black M6 RS/2SS
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Benbrook, TX
Posts: 288
LS3 here. It behaves like it did stock, but indeed it has more power, 2nd Gear 55-60MPH Roll my FAV
Attached Images
  
__________________
10 Blk/Blk RS/2SS w/CGM Stripes
ADM H/C/I M6 480rwhp 435rwtq
FE4 LCAs w/Pfadt ZL swaybars Diff bushings Trailing arms Drop springs
BlackM6RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 03:18 PM   #7
mike@newera

 
mike@newera's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss L99 A6
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
I'm glad you guys are having no problems with your New Era intake! It seems that some of us have had drivability issues in LS3's and some not. I don't understand it, but I just couldn't stand the bucking I was getting at steady speeds. I had to return it and I just installed a Roto-Fab which works perfectly, no issues at all. Enjoy your ride and watch out for the Po-Po! Do you guys have L99's or LS3's?
Mike, he actually bought the intake you returned so there was nothing wrong with it, and his car is fine with it, something is up with your PCM most likely. Probably why your car bucks with the stock intake when it is cold.

From what I have seen so far on these cars, no 2 are the same for whatever reason. I had 2 completely stock Camaro SS's in my shop the other day to get tuned, one of them had the fuel trims hanging around +10%, the other had them at -10%, and these were completely stock cars. I think anyone that does any performance mods to their new Camaro SS should consider getting their car tuned, just my opinion based on what I have seen so far.
mike@newera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 08:00 AM   #8
ssmike
Missing Big Red
 
ssmike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Equinox CRT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 6,215
Yea I can't figure it out either. I had the dealer check it out twice NTF, all fuel trims were perfect. I just don't want to get a tune till I'm ready to do an ARH so I needed an intake that would work with no tune. I installed a Roto-Fab and it works perfectly, no bucking even when cold! Yours would probably do better at the drag strip but that will be very rare for me, drivability is more important!

I've conveyed my experience on these threads and I in no way mean any malice toward you or your products, I'm just trying to figure it out and help others who experience the same problem. The only thing that stuck to my craw was the restocking charge and loosing the shipping charge when I returned it. I didn't even want it shipped in the first place, went to pick it up and Shawn said he already shipped and I got charged the $20. I e-mailed you but got no response.

Anyway, good luck on your sales and I hope you enter in the intake camparo!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:45 AM   #9
fldrummer
"Black Ace"
 
fldrummer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS black/black
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 1,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Yea I can't figure it out either. I had the dealer check it out twice NTF, all fuel trims were perfect. I just don't want to get a tune till I'm ready to do an ARH so I needed an intake that would work with no tune. I installed a Roto-Fab and it works perfectly, no bucking even when cold! Yours would probably do better at the drag strip but that will be very rare for me, drivability is more important!

I've conveyed my experience on these threads and I in no way mean any malice toward you or your products, I'm just trying to figure it out and help others who experience the same problem...
Well said. I feel the same way. I think mines's not bucking as much now, but it could just be me getting used to it (?). Anyway, I'm still debating getting a tune (hopefully that will reveal and fix the problem) and ported TB, but waiting 'til I get my exhaust done (if my exhaust guy ever calls me to say he's ready to do it!).
fldrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 05:11 PM   #10
EAkrish
Scout Sniping
 
EAkrish's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Ford F150 Lariat SuperCrew
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 762
Send a message via AIM to EAkrish
fldrummer, go see Jeremy!!!!
__________________
Eric
Previous Car:1SS/CGM 6MT w/ Sunroof & FACTORY BLUETOOTH!!!: New Era OTR, Steeda Short Shifter, Ported TB, Stg 2 ported intake manifold, Fasterproms, Poor man down pipes, MBRP 3" Exhaust!!!


Now I drive a F150 Supercrew
EAkrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 02:08 PM   #11
FTI-EDC
The stick man
 
FTI-EDC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 GTO - C5 'vert - SRX
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: In the new shop... working 24/7
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAkrish View Post
fldrummer, go see Jeremy!!!!
Hey Eric...

She's running great with that OTR intake huh. These things flat out work!

Say hi to that punk Jeremy for me will ya...

Ed
__________________

PONY WARS


FTI-EDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:14 PM   #12
EAkrish
Scout Sniping
 
EAkrish's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Ford F150 Lariat SuperCrew
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 762
Send a message via AIM to EAkrish
I will tell him, lol
__________________
Eric
Previous Car:1SS/CGM 6MT w/ Sunroof & FACTORY BLUETOOTH!!!: New Era OTR, Steeda Short Shifter, Ported TB, Stg 2 ported intake manifold, Fasterproms, Poor man down pipes, MBRP 3" Exhaust!!!


Now I drive a F150 Supercrew
EAkrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:39 PM   #13
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!
 
CGM2SSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: Raptor
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Notinsuspensionthread
Posts: 944
I agree with the recommendation of tuning with the upgrade. On two levels of reason. Your spending the money for the gains, maximize them with a tune. As well as making sure your A/F levels stay where they need to be.
I would be interested in knowing how many of those with them experiencing problems didn't tune?
Hey Mike, are you guy's in with the Jannetty shootout?
CGM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:00 PM   #14
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail
 
NAHURRY's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Greenville SC.
Posts: 1,422
What do yall mean by bucking?...Also, If I am not planning on a tune(cause
of warranty) should I stay away from OTR intakes?
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:28 PM   #15
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!
 
CGM2SSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: Raptor
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Notinsuspensionthread
Posts: 944
You ever ridden a horse? You really should consider a tune if you add an CAI. Read about vectorsport tunes in the forum. They offer a plug and play to your upgrades. You can also return the settings to stock when you take the car into the dealer if your worried.
CGM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 10:47 PM   #16
mike@newera

 
mike@newera's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss L99 A6
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAHURRY View Post
What do yall mean by bucking?...Also, If I am not planning on a tune(cause
of warranty) should I stay away from OTR intakes?
2 people have supposedly had this issue, one of which is for the most part an issue with his car and not the intake because it was tested on one other camaro, and then resold to another customer that has a camaro as well in which neither car had any issue bucking. A tune should be something considered with any performance part install in my opinion to optimize it, no 2 cars run exactly the same really, which is why a tune will efficiently dial it in for the mods installed, or even in stock condition believe it or not.

Vector has installed (I believe) 7 of our OTR intakes and tuned them now, so that isn't such a bad idea as either.
mike@newera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:34 AM   #17
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!
 
CGM2SSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: Raptor
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Notinsuspensionthread
Posts: 944
Hmmmm kind of sounds like what I posted? LOL......Thanks Mike!
CGM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:06 AM   #18
joelster
 
Drives: '94 Z28+ '14 1LE
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tonawanda, NY
Posts: 588
You guys who are riding the fence as far as getting a tune should realize that you are leaving a nice chunk of hp and torque on the table by staying on the stock tune. You are also not getting the best mileage that you could be getting by having it on the stock tune which is a touch rich from the factory. As far as warranty stuff goes, if you do indeed hurt the motor or drivetrain down the road and take it to the dealer for warranty work they will look at more than the tune. You could have the stock tune in there, but if they see headers, a cat-back, CAI, bald rear tires, etc, you could be in a bit of trouble anyways, stock tune or not.

Some of you guys have little faith in the strength of GM powerplants, lol. People have been pushing these motors with lots of boost to well over 700hp without a hitch.

Go have some fun with your cars and stop worrying so much! I'd bet that most of your 5th gens aren't daily drivers anyways.
joelster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:50 PM   #19
fldrummer
"Black Ace"
 
fldrummer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS black/black
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 1,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelster View Post
Go have some fun with your cars and stop worrying so much! I'd bet that most of your 5th gens aren't daily drivers anyways.
Well mine is and I already have 6300 miles on her after just 4 months. 'Must be nice to have a 2nd car.
fldrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:57 PM   #20
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: THRSS #2 / CGM#1
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 26,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelster View Post
You guys who are riding the fence as far as getting a tune should realize that you are leaving a nice chunk of hp and torque on the table by staying on the stock tune. You are also not getting the best mileage that you could be getting by having it on the stock tune which is a touch rich from the factory. As far as warranty stuff goes, if you do indeed hurt the motor or drivetrain down the road and take it to the dealer for warranty work they will look at more than the tune. You could have the stock tune in there, but if they see headers, a cat-back, CAI, bald rear tires, etc, you could be in a bit of trouble anyways, stock tune or not.

Some of you guys have little faith in the strength of GM powerplants, lol. People have been pushing these motors with lots of boost to well over 700hp without a hitch.

Go have some fun with your cars and stop worrying so much! I'd bet that most of your 5th gens aren't daily drivers anyways.
I understand your point of view.

But, after 3 transmissions in my 4th gen, nothing can replace that warranty....over $3k covered by that warranty...
__________________
The build of THRSS #2
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:58 PM   #21
fldrummer
"Black Ace"
 
fldrummer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS black/black
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 1,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAkrish View Post
fldrummer, go see Jeremy!!!!
Actually, I have, but just to watch him work on some SSRs. Unfortunately, no Camaros... How do you like your ported TB and tune? Did you do a street or dyno tune? PM me if this is getting too off-topic. Thanks.

Last edited by fldrummer; 10-28-2009 at 05:40 PM.
fldrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:10 PM   #22
joelster
 
Drives: '94 Z28+ '14 1LE
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tonawanda, NY
Posts: 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by fldrummer View Post
Well mine is and I already have 6300 miles on her after just 4 months. 'Must be nice to have a 2nd car.
You can afford a $35,000+ SS Camaro but you can't afford a beater car? My daily driver is a little old Chrysler Cirrus that I picked up for $1,000. Going on year number 2 for me with it. When it dies I will get another little beater car.
joelster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:13 PM   #23
joelster
 
Drives: '94 Z28+ '14 1LE
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tonawanda, NY
Posts: 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I understand your point of view.

But, after 3 transmissions in my 4th gen, nothing can replace that warranty....over $3k covered by that warranty...
Ah, the old 4L60E blues, lol. I grenaded two of them myself, I feel your pain. My point is that some of you guys will get headers and other not-so-easy-to-remove mods that will void your warranty just like a reflash will. Any part on your car that ups the hp by even a small amount could be considered harmful to the drivetrain in the dealers eyes.
joelster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:45 PM   #24
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail
 
NAHURRY's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Greenville SC.
Posts: 1,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelster View Post
Ah, the old 4L60E blues, lol. I grenaded two of them myself, I feel your pain. My point is that some of you guys will get headers and other not-so-easy-to-remove mods that will void your warranty just like a reflash will. Any part on your car that ups the hp by even a small amount could be considered harmful to the drivetrain in the dealers eyes.
Yeh, but the dealer (by law) can not void your warranty for headers, CAI and catbacks....Unless they can prove that one of the above caused the problem.

But when you go and get a tune..well..thats it...goodbye warranty,NO acceptions.

I swear...sometimes I wish I wasnt such a worry wart...and say...the heck
with it...Go get a tune, supercharger, cam and all,and then off to the track
and run the sh#t out of it.
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:57 PM   #25
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!
 
BackinBlackSS/RS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 23,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelster View Post
You can afford a $35,000+ SS Camaro but you can't afford a beater car? My daily driver is a little old Chrysler Cirrus that I picked up for $1,000. Going on year number 2 for me with it. When it dies I will get another little beater car.
Amen, I just picked up a 95 Lumina for $1900. Clean as a whistle, one owner, drives very smooth. It will do just fine as my winter ride.
One downside though, everyone says it's a grandpa car.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Introductory New Era OTR Intake SALE! SMGSS V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes 163 10-09-2009 08:45 AM
New Era OTR CAI Review 9c1ny Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 27 08-24-2009 11:16 AM
New Era Intake before and after Dyno (26rwhp) No tune alex33x Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 31 08-10-2009 09:24 AM
American Racing Headers and New era OTR Intake Videos 2010 CAMARO SS RS Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 33 07-07-2009 06:55 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.