Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery All Camaro related pictures, videos and other assorted media.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2008, 06:47 PM   #226
SuprDispatchQuestionVisor
 
Drives: 04 stang GT
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OC, FL
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
easy to make it weight less. . .get the ugly women out of the passanger seat. j/k. and believe me when I say this it will be a good match.
Actually, allow me to correct myself on my previous analysis. For some reason I thought that the old cobra's were a bit lighter but they're actually 3780 lbs. So a 500 HP camaro will win. Although there is no definitive answer as to when we will have a 500 HP camaro or what it will have under the hood. 400 HP LS3 camaro's will come in a little bit behind the cobra but not by very much.
SuprDispatchQuestionVisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:18 PM   #227
Crazy Bay
 
Drives: 1998 Sebring Limited Convert.
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 3
The possibility of a hard tonneau (versus a plastic boot) over the lowered top has been mentioned. I read in one of the car magazines that it would have a hard cover, like BMW, Audi, etc. Any word on this?
Crazy Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:53 PM   #228
SuprDispatchQuestionVisor
 
Drives: 04 stang GT
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OC, FL
Posts: 38
I know that this car would look tight with a targa top. Better yet check out how the top slides back over the back seats in the toyota ft-hs concept pics http://www.seriouswheels.com/cars/to...HS-Concept.htm .
SuprDispatchQuestionVisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:34 PM   #229
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut
 
boxmonkeyracing's Avatar
 
Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: kenly, nc
Posts: 3,345
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuprDispatchQuestionVisor View Post
Actually, allow me to correct myself on my previous analysis. For some reason I thought that the old cobra's were a bit lighter but they're actually 3780 lbs. So a 500 HP camaro will win. Although there is no definitive answer as to when we will have a 500 HP camaro or what it will have under the hood. 400 HP LS3 camaro's will come in a little bit behind the cobra but not by very much.
you were right according to my friend that works at a ford dealer ship 03 and 04 cobras come in around 3400 lbs. . .prob with out a lot of options but I don't know. in the 1/4 mile compared to a guess weight for the camaro of 3800 lbs that'd be 4 tenths of a second. given same gearing, power, and if power hit at the same time. generally speaking. but we will see what the new camaro has for starts in 3 months 1 day. then hopefully a year and 6 months we will be able to compare the to side by side.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
We do not want to use the Z28 moniker on a car that does not deserve this hallowed name.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 02:19 AM   #230
2kwik
So anxious.
 
2kwik's Avatar
 
Drives: Awaiting my 2010 SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
you were right according to my friend that works at a ford dealer ship 03 and 04 cobras come in around 3400 lbs. . .prob with out a lot of options but I don't know. in the 1/4 mile compared to a guess weight for the camaro of 3800 lbs that'd be 4 tenths of a second. given same gearing, power, and if power hit at the same time. generally speaking. but we will see what the new camaro has for starts in 3 months 1 day. then hopefully a year and 6 months we will be able to compare the to side by side.

I thought cobras were around 3700 lbs...
__________________
Counting down the days
2kwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 04:14 AM   #231
Jinx
Owner of Shunt
 
Jinx's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Mustang GT vert
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: In the Trunk, NC
Posts: 323
03/04 Cobra weighed 3665 lbs. Thats the factory stated number. The IRS assembly adds much more weight to the Mustang. In 99, Ford shaved weight in front end to give the car better weight balance. In 2003 that went out of the window because the 03/04 Cobra SC DOHC 4.6L used the heavier 4.6 iron block (versus previous NA Cobras used aluminum), added the SC, with heat exchanger and etc.

I still think the 4000lbs base V8 camaro is BS heresay. The men in the know have said before that the car has been on Jenny Craig. If the car weighs in at 4000 lbs in base V8 form and people at GM said its been to Jenny Craig; then its not a Camaro.....its Christy Alley. I strongly believe that the car will weigh less than 3800 lbs but more than 3600 lbs.
__________________


Support the "JINX CAMARO FUND" at http://www.zazzle.com/jinxdesign

Last edited by Jinx; 06-20-2008 at 04:28 AM.
Jinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:33 AM   #232
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut
 
boxmonkeyracing's Avatar
 
Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: kenly, nc
Posts: 3,345
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
03/04 Cobra weighed 3665 lbs. Thats the factory stated number. The IRS assembly adds much more weight to the Mustang. In 99, Ford shaved weight in front end to give the car better weight balance. In 2003 that went out of the window because the 03/04 Cobra SC DOHC 4.6L used the heavier 4.6 iron block (versus previous NA Cobras used aluminum), added the SC, with heat exchanger and etc.

I still think the 4000lbs base V8 camaro is BS heresay. The men in the know have said before that the car has been on Jenny Craig. If the car weighs in at 4000 lbs in base V8 form and people at GM said its been to Jenny Craig; then its not a Camaro.....its Christy Alley. I strongly believe that the car will weigh less than 3800 lbs but more than 3600 lbs.
Me 2. be a close race, closer to a drivers race.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
We do not want to use the Z28 moniker on a car that does not deserve this hallowed name.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 01:22 PM   #233
SuprDispatchQuestionVisor
 
Drives: 04 stang GT
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OC, FL
Posts: 38
I wonder if there has been any word of the new camaro having an LSD or traction control. Anybody know this?
SuprDispatchQuestionVisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 02:21 PM   #234
SilverTurtle
Reality Check Specialist
 
SilverTurtle's Avatar
 
Drives: '02 Z28, 2012 45th SS
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: ATX
Posts: 1,723
Send a message via AIM to SilverTurtle Send a message via Yahoo to SilverTurtle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuprDispatchQuestionVisor View Post
I wonder if there has been any word of the new camaro having an LSD or traction control. Anybody know this?
fairly positive that the V8 models will have posi, IRS and traction/stability control standard.
__________________
got tequila?
SilverTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 02:23 PM   #235
SilverTurtle
Reality Check Specialist
 
SilverTurtle's Avatar
 
Drives: '02 Z28, 2012 45th SS
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: ATX
Posts: 1,723
Send a message via AIM to SilverTurtle Send a message via Yahoo to SilverTurtle
and boooooo, I'm ready for really high res pics of the 'vert pre-pro
__________________
got tequila?
SilverTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 10:19 AM   #236
carsismeZ06
Corvette and Camaro lover
 
carsismeZ06's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro...some day...
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 965
I want to see it from the side. I would like it if the Convertible was just the coupe with the hood lopped off. I really like the look of the Convertible Concept, but this isn't doing it for me.
__________________
carsismeZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:14 PM   #237
Johnnyp65
GM Fan
 
Johnnyp65's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Camaro
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 15
Send a message via AIM to Johnnyp65
finally! a picture of the top up!!! (:@>
__________________
History has never been so interesting.
Johnnyp65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:33 PM   #238
the_saint
Member
 
the_saint's Avatar
 
Drives: rusty
Join Date: May 2008
Location: bucket
Posts: 74
made a bigger pic
Attached Images
 

Last edited by the_saint; 07-01-2008 at 06:43 PM.
the_saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:58 AM   #239
rimete
 
Drives: Mazda Miata - Chevy Nova
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Wrecked and rebuilt but sold
Posts: 1
Ragtops don't look bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
I'm in love. and it doesn't look bad with the top up.
I bought a 1991 Camaro RS ragtop (in 1991) and actually it looked good with the top up.

The new one reminds a little bit of a Mercedes look but badder (of course).

I don't think anything is more fun then a convertible but there is something more serious about a coupe/hardtop.

Of couse add roll cage ot at least bar and all of that changes.
rimete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 06:56 PM   #240
camaro trans am squad
Camaro/Trans Am Racing
 
camaro trans am squad's Avatar
 
Drives: 02 Camaro SS 00 Trans Am WS6
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: New Orlean$
Posts: 22
i dont like convertibles dat much im really a t-top and sunroof man but this camaro convertible kickz ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird81 View Post
of all the analysing that we do on this web site i feel like a jackass when i realized that we have known about the production headlights all along okay im done.
i like this design gm should consider this

da camaro will be a killer challenger gtr mustang beware very aware

Last edited by TAG UR IT; 07-13-2008 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Triple post. Use the multi-quote button, please. Thanks.
camaro trans am squad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 05:30 PM   #241
Chevygurl92camaro
 
Drives: 2008 Equinox, 92 Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 2
Send a message via AIM to Chevygurl92camaro
As much as I would have loved the convertible, I now have made my mind up, Coupe it is. The convertible looks too sweet and innocent. The coupe in Yellow with Black racing stripes and a bumble bee air freshner is the way I'm going.
__________________
Drive fast and Swerve
Chevygurl92camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:18 AM   #242
PA FAST
Future Camaro Driver.
 
PA FAST's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Escape/2007 Ridgeline
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Northeastern, PA (Poconos)
Posts: 480
You can always get the sunroof.
__________________
Automatics don't suck. I can flip you off and change gears at the same time.
PA FAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:16 PM   #243
carsismeZ06
Corvette and Camaro lover
 
carsismeZ06's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro...some day...
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 965
I wish they had more pics
__________________
carsismeZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:18 PM   #244
zebra
just can't seem to leave
 
zebra's Avatar
 
Drives: your mom wild!!
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: cold & windy
Posts: 11,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsismeZ06 View Post
I wish they had more pics
don't we all. i'd love to see the progress they've made... and in cyber gray
__________________
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:19 PM   #245
DGthe3
Moderator.ca
 
DGthe3's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 21,865
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsismeZ06 View Post
I wish they had more pics
welcome back
__________________
Note, if I've gotten any facts wrong in the above, just ignore any points I made with them
__________________
don't believe a thing you read about the next gen Camaro -- as history has proven time and time again:

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather
__________________

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Camaro Product Manager - interview Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 11 04-04-2012 06:10 PM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 07:33 PM
Official Camaro Convertible CONCEPT Press Release Tran Camaro Convertible Forum 12 11-18-2009 07:05 PM
Official 2010 Camaro convertible concept pics!! Tran Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 107 07-21-2009 11:12 AM
Pics and Videos from GM Style event (Detroit NAIAS) unveiling the Camaro convertible Tran Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 10 01-08-2007 06:16 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.