Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2007, 08:57 AM   #18
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...
 
CoolestCamaro873's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 567
honestly you guys are so unprofessional about this forum this forum is here for news that we hear and like to share, i was happy to share my news and most of you called it bullshit, well you can think what you want, and you can say how i have no grammar, but for the most part you guys have no class by trying to insult me than make light of it and say you werent in a sarcastic manner, and to the few who were cool about me givin info thank you and to those who were apologizing sincerely than thank you also, im truly upset that you guys feel this way about my news but keep this in mind, this is something i wrote on another forum and all the info is from brand new magazines: "i know i was skeptical too but if u read the new motor trend their is an article in the front about how they already produced camaros in austrailia and they would be on the road by x-mas, but too my surprise, their being tested and are being prepared to mass produce, from what my guy said, and i originally thoguht it meant x-mas of '07 they would be driving in australia b/c the issue is feb. 07 but at the bottom of the article it says the article was written in october november of '06, so it looks like they are pulling a fast one on us and they are gonna surprise the world with this one and it makes sense, b/c y would they tell everyone right now they are gonna, b/c then companies will steal their ideas and try to take away from sales if chevy pulls a sneek attack ford and dodge wont know what hit them and they wont be able to counter and chevy will have won with this beauty"

so i hope you guys have fun on the post i started and have fun mocking me and what not, but the last laugh will go to the guy who cant spell, b/c regardless of when the camaro comes out, just so we dont fight about when again, i know i'll be sitting in one probably before the rest of you, at the track smoking mustangs, while you guys are reading the test in the magazines, and im sorry if im coming off as an a** but i was so excited to come to this forum because like you ive been a chevy and mostly camaro enthusiast just like you my whole life, my dad's first car was a '79 Z28, my first car was a '02 'Z28, and now i will proudly drive the beast again, so if i stick around than whatever hope to talk to you again, if not, than i wish you all luck in getting a camaro someday b/c they are the most amazing cars ever, theres nothing like driving a camaro with a mustang in your rear-window and a cop in his!
CoolestCamaro873 is offline  
Old 01-04-2007, 09:07 AM   #19
Moose
Moderator
 
Moose's Avatar
 
Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Newtown, Pa.
Posts: 3,982
I apologize...what you mistook for a personal "jab" was just a humorous comment on my part, with NO offense intended.
Moose is offline  
Old 01-04-2007, 09:07 AM   #20
OverAnxious

 
OverAnxious's Avatar
 
Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 797
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolestCamaro873 View Post
honestly you guys are so unprofessional about this forum this forum is here for news that we hear and like to share, i was happy to share my news and most of you called it bullshit, well you can think what you want, and you can say how i have no grammar, but for the most part you guys have no class by trying to insult me than make light of it and say you werent in a sarcastic manner, and to the few who were cool about me givin info thank you and to those who were apologizing sincerely than thank you also, im truly upset that you guys feel this way about my news but keep this in mind, this is something i wrote on another forum and all the info is from brand new magazines: "i know i was skeptical too but if u read the new motor trend their is an article in the front about how they already produced camaros in austrailia and they would be on the road by x-mas, but too my surprise, their being tested and are being prepared to mass produce, from what my guy said, and i originally thoguht it meant x-mas of '07 they would be driving in australia b/c the issue is feb. 07 but at the bottom of the article it says the article was written in october november of '06, so it looks like they are pulling a fast one on us and they are gonna surprise the world with this one and it makes sense, b/c y would they tell everyone right now they are gonna, b/c then companies will steal their ideas and try to take away from sales if chevy pulls a sneek attack ford and dodge wont know what hit them and they wont be able to counter and chevy will have won with this beauty"

so i hope you guys have fun on the post i started and have fun mocking me and what not, but the last laugh will go to the guy who cant spell, b/c regardless of when the camaro comes out, just so we dont fight about when again, i know i'll be sitting in one probably before the rest of you, at the track smoking mustangs, while you guys are reading the test in the magazines, and im sorry if im coming off as an a** but i was so excited to come to this forum because like you ive been a chevy and mostly camaro enthusiast just like you my whole life, my dad's first car was a '79 Z28, my first car was a '02 'Z28, and now i will proudly drive the beast again, so if i stick around than whatever hope to talk to you again, if not, than i wish you all luck in getting a camaro someday b/c they are the most amazing cars ever, theres nothing like driving a camaro with a mustang in your rear-window and a cop in his!
IMO your use of one letter abbreviations is for instant messaging and text messaging, not forums. It comes across as childish. It is very hard to take anything seriously when it is posted like that.

Also, basic punctuation makes any post MUCH easier to read and will be taken MUCH more seriously.

I have learned to take any news on projects like this from any automotive publication with a grain of salt. A classic example is the recent Corvette SS article scam that was uncovered. With the connections people have on forums like this one, I expect to hear any real news here before the BS auto rags get it to print

From personal experience, 99% of what dealership salesmen tell you about things like this is either an outright lie or they are mis-informed. Just basing this on years of personal dealership experience

I'm sure many of us were being sarcastic above, maybe learn to take these things in stride and not get to bent out of shape about it - you are right, we are all here for the same reason when it comes down to it
__________________
Joe
Over Anxious - 1967 Camaro RS/SS L78
5th Gen Camaro BLOG // My eBay auctions
OverAnxious is offline  
Old 01-04-2007, 09:11 AM   #21
Moose
Moderator
 
Moose's Avatar
 
Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Newtown, Pa.
Posts: 3,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAnxious View Post
IMO your use of one letter abbreviations is for instant messaging and text messaging, not forums. It comes across as childish. It is very hard to take anything seriously when it is posted like that.

Also, basic punctuation makes any post MUCH easier to read and will be taken MUCH more seriously.

I have learned to take any news on projects like this from any automotive publication with a grain of salt. A classic example is the recent Corvette SS article scam that was uncovered. With the connections people have on forums like this one, I expect to hear any real news here before the BS auto rags get it to print

From personal experience, 99% of what dealership salesmen tell you about things like this is either an outright lie or they are mis-informed. Just basing this on years of personal dealership experience

I'm sure many of us were being sarcastic above, maybe learn to take these things in stride and not get to bent out of shape about it - you are right, we are all here for the same reason when it comes down to it
Well said Joe.
Moose is offline  
Old 01-04-2007, 09:37 AM   #22
Casull

 
Casull's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevy Silverado
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 754
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolestCamaro873 View Post
honestly you guys are so unprofessional about this forum this forum is here for news that we hear and like to share, i was happy to share my news and most of you called it bullshit, well you can think what you want, and you can say how i have no grammar, but for the most part you guys have no class by trying to insult me than make light of it and say you werent in a sarcastic manner,
Tu Che.... I know a lot of people on this and other forums (Myself included) have a hard time accepting any information like this, but it is just because we don't want to get our hopes up and then smashed. It is like your first high school crush.

People around here are given a lot of information from very very reliable sources, and when anything contradicts that information it creates skepticism unless that source trumps the initials SS. And to be honest, information from dealers is not very reliable regardless of who it came from. People at the dealer level are simply not privy to that kind of info.

Other than the blantant insults about your grammar (which I will agree, should be toned down) I am sure none of it was personal.

Thanks for the attempt to share information with us and here's hoping you stick around to talk more about the Camaro
Casull is offline  
Old 01-04-2007, 10:01 AM   #23
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...
 
CoolestCamaro873's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 567
well thanks casull, you are probably the most respectful of this forum, and moose thanks for apologizing i didnt mean to come off as an a** itso just i just was trying to give good news and you guys are just to skeptical for it, which is fine i understand you guys dont want your hopes up than smashed, anyways i guess your okay too overanxious, a little too sarcastic for my taste but you do bring up a great point that i made we are all here for the same reason, anyways long live the camaro
CoolestCamaro873 is offline  
Old 01-04-2007, 12:47 PM   #24
rray200
 
Drives: 2014 Mustang GT 5.0 Track Pack
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 290
I'm less concerned about the exact release date than I am that they build a good quality car. GM has to get the Camaro right, first and foremost. If you research the Mustang, you'll find that they have numerous build quality issues (groaning noises from Rear end, faulty Shaker stereos, sub standard interior fit and finish, etc.) and numerous TSBs. GM needs to make this one of their best vehicles in order to grab as much market share as possible. If they rush it out the door too soon, it is bound to have some big mechanical issues. Let them thoroughly test it and get it right and not make the mistakes they've made in the past with other cars. They have to set themselves apart from Ford and Chrysler by building a solid, well built, iconic car. This is their chance to redeem themselves in a big way. If they blow it with this car, they won't get another chance to revive the company. Alot rides on this Camaro. If it comes out in '08-'09, so be it. As long as they take their time and build a great car.
rray200 is offline  
Old 01-04-2007, 01:14 PM   #25
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...
 
CoolestCamaro873's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 567
i agree my brother bought a mustang and it is s*** it has a bad differential, torque converter, and numerous other problems from the factory, plus no matter how long they took to design the mustang it is still a ford, so it would be crap no matter what, but the camaro has been in the works for years, dont let gm fool you, there have been numerous reports that the camaro plans have been in the works since 2003 a year after it was discontinued, they realized they needed that market back, plus the zeta platform they've had testing for two years but the finally got it right last year which is why the '08 pontiacs will be on them so chevy really has already done their homework they really just need to do the fit and finishing of the car and just build a lot of them, i mean i know everyone has opinions of when they come out and i have my own *skeptical version, in which GM's head of sales representative told me last night what to expect, but i will not pist it because he asked me not to tell anyone and i respect him enough, and he is not a dealer i know him from when i was at the dealer but i was given his number due to the fact that i work in the automotive business and have family on the inside of GM, and the camaro will not dissapoint and it will be out quicker than everyone thinks, ill just leave it at that
CoolestCamaro873 is offline  
Old 01-04-2007, 01:16 PM   #26
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut
 
boxmonkeyracing's Avatar
 
Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: kenly, nc
Posts: 3,343
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
to say something about the new motor trend. . .those are mules. they don't really represent a final production version. I do expect it to come out sooner then originally projected. however not in 6-8 months. the factory hasn't even been retrofitted for production. If the factory has then they did some serious black ops type crap. but even black ops projects in the gov. leak a lot. just extremely hard to believe.

Now for the comment about riding in one before any of us. if you do let us know how it handles. that would be cool.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
We do not want to use the Z28 moniker on a car that does not deserve this hallowed name.
boxmonkeyracing is offline  
Old 01-04-2007, 01:28 PM   #27
OverAnxious

 
OverAnxious's Avatar
 
Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 797
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
Quote:
Originally Posted by rray200 View Post
I'm less concerned about the exact release date than I am that they build a good quality car. GM has to get the Camaro right, first and foremost. If you research the Mustang, you'll find that they have numerous build quality issues (groaning noises from Rear end, faulty Shaker stereos, sub standard interior fit and finish, etc.) and numerous TSBs. GM needs to make this one of their best vehicles in order to grab as much market share as possible. If they rush it out the door too soon, it is bound to have some big mechanical issues. Let them thoroughly test it and get it right and not make the mistakes they've made in the past with other cars. They have to set themselves apart from Ford and Chrysler by building a solid, well built, iconic car. This is their chance to redeem themselves in a big way. If they blow it with this car, they won't get another chance to revive the company. Alot rides on this Camaro. If it comes out in '08-'09, so be it. As long as they take their time and build a great car.
Speaking of that, I'm glad there will be other cars produced on the Zeta platform before the Camaro - that is just another way to work out some bugs before it reaches our pony car
__________________
Joe
Over Anxious - 1967 Camaro RS/SS L78
5th Gen Camaro BLOG // My eBay auctions
OverAnxious is offline  
Old 01-04-2007, 01:52 PM   #28
rray200
 
Drives: 2014 Mustang GT 5.0 Track Pack
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAnxious View Post
Speaking of that, I'm glad there will be other cars produced on the Zeta platform before the Camaro - that is just another way to work out some bugs before it reaches our pony car
That's very true. I didn't think of that. They are actively testing the new RWD Impala right now (spy photos everywhere) as well as the upcoming GTO that will be built on the same platform. Alot is probably getting ironed out for this Zeta platform as we speak. If GM gets it right, they could potentially steal away alot of Mustang owners from Ford and switch them over, after they get screwed over by Ford's customer service with their '05's-'06s.
rray200 is offline  
Old 01-04-2007, 02:22 PM   #29
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 26,565
CoolestCamaro873....pm sent.

Speaking of the Impalas on the line right now, aren't I correct in saying that the Camaro's won't begin being built until the Impalas are done? Once they finish w/ the Impalas, then they have to outfit the assembly line for the Camaro. This will be a time comsuming process.
TAG UR IT is offline  
Old 01-04-2007, 02:55 PM   #30
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD
 
KILLER74Z28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 5,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyreal View Post
I hate to be "That Guy" but I would probably put slightly more stock into the claims being made if the posts in question were done with proper spelling, grammar and sentence structure. I could probably even do without paragraphs.

But here's to castles in the sky!
Same here... I think I got the gist of what he was saying. It only takes a couple of seconds to spell check.

Also, I really don’t get it, I read all the posts and don’t see anyone insulting you...

Last edited by KILLER74Z28; 01-04-2007 at 03:07 PM.
KILLER74Z28 is offline  
Old 01-04-2007, 03:21 PM   #31
shelbyGT500
 
Drives: 07 shelby GT-500
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NH
Posts: 16
[QUOTE=CoolestCamaro873;4275]killer74z28

Please dont start anymore crap you guys. Making fun of my style of typing is immature . I'm typing the way you guys would prefer now so please grow up and stop insulting me. This is a forum not a competition. I will let you guys know how it handles because one of my family members will be testing it soon out of Australia. If I'm lucky I might go and do the same, but yes this car will be amazing.This platform "zeta" will kill the mustangs , Especially with independent rear vs. the live rear axel on the stang[/QUOTE]


I fixed it your for you so you can see how much easier it is to read.


Look no offense, Butitrulyishardtoreadyourneverendingparagraph. Is this hard for you?? Because thats what it seems like to us when you type.

Put some periods in there. Only 1 comma is alowed unless listing items. Start with capital letter after each period. All iiii should be capital at all times unless inside of a word. All these things would help.Its called the english language. Believe me, im no scolar, I dont think I learned anyhing from the 7th grade on. Its just basic skills.

Thanks for the info by the way. Lets just hope.I dont doubt you at all.I do have my doubts with your sources however.I think thats the problem.Its not becuase we dont believe you, we dont believe your sources.Dont take it personally but ive been around too long and have see it all.The reason nobdy is talking about it is becasue its too far away.Thats the truth. Dont think for a minute that if the car was 6 months away, there would be some mega hype on TV. newstands and such.Its just the way it is....
shelbyGT500 is offline  
Old 01-04-2007, 03:44 PM   #32
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...
 
CoolestCamaro873's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 567
Is this sentence better for you? I hope this meets your grammar grading book! Sorry I just type fast and dont put things in because Im from the new age of computer users, so please forgive me, plus I'm from New York where everything happens alot quicker. And you can doubt my sources, that's fine, but you don't know me and you don't know my connections in the industry, and I am not trying to sound like an a** but like I said I am not a real consumer, when the GT 500 Shelby came out and everyone was paying at least $5,000-$20,000 over list, I could've had one for a nickel over cost. My vette I bought it at memo. So there are things i know alot faster than the normal person and call me stupid but my source works for GM not a dealership, so you can call me stupid for believing what he said, but I talked to him again last night and got the low down, and I'm not saying anything about it but I just hope your not actually believing this car will be out late 2008 to early 2009 just so you can save for one and pay over list, because it isn't. But look at it this way when it does come out if you were saving for then by that time you can get one for at least sticker, when the car isn't as hot on the market! But thank oyu for the english leson i hope you enjoyed mine on the benefits of knowing people and not relying on a magazine to tell you what you want to know.
CoolestCamaro873 is offline  
Old 01-04-2007, 04:09 PM   #33
alleykt123
err… MEOW!
 
alleykt123's Avatar
 
Drives: 2005 GTO
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 422
Send a message via AIM to alleykt123 Send a message via Yahoo to alleykt123
__________________
2005 GTO - Phantom Black Metallic Red A4 1 of 286


Quote:
Motorcycle Cop: Whatcha got in the trunk?
J. Frank Parnell: Oh... You don't wanna look in there.

Repo Man
alleykt123 is offline  
Old 01-04-2007, 04:15 PM   #34
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD
 
KILLER74Z28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 5,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleykt123 View Post
KILLER74Z28 is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Message to all Fbody Enthusiasts TAG UR IT 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 12 02-02-2013 08:41 PM
Detroit News panel wants GM to build Camaro concept Tran 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 12 03-15-2009 05:38 PM
Camaro to get "green light" this week! Peco 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 57 10-16-2007 01:01 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.