Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Nickey Chicago
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

USA - Southeast AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN, VA, WV

Old 08-29-2014, 10:17 AM   #1
2Fast4Mu
Nothing is True

Drives: Black 2014 2SS/RS
Lexington / Central KY anyone?

How many folks here from Lexington or surrounding towns? Do any of you get together?

I'm a photography by day -- if we ever got our rides in the same place at the same time, it'd be fun to get some cool shots.

Any organized cruises?

Cya,
Dan
Old 09-02-2014, 07:21 PM   #2
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Bump! Gotta be more than us 2 haha.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:29 PM   #3
ClawSS
High-tech Redneck

Drives: '10 CGM SS, '02 2500HD, '09 300SRT8
I work in lex. but live near Danville.

2010 CGM L99 2SS/RS - CAI, Elite catch-can, Magnaflow 3", Pfadt springs, BMR LCAs, BMR toelinks, BMR trailing arms, BMR cradle bushings, BMR sway bars w/ endlinks, Vitesse paddles, heritage grille, and an eBay splitter
ClawSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 10:04 AM   #4
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Hopefully we can get some more people around here to start doing things locally. I drive to Louisville a lot to do things. Speaking of, there's a car show this Sunday at Bob Hook Chevrolet in Louisville - one of the sponsors of the Derby City Camaro Club. Hit me up if you want some more information.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:33 AM   #5
ClawSS
High-tech Redneck

If you guys are around Lex. and want to do a lunch at Parkette or something similar, just PM me a day or 2 in advance and I can "pencil you in" and we can BS for a while. I used to be pres. of a club for 94-96 Impala SS sedans...we had a pretty decent time. I am interested in a central KY group, even if a satellite of Louisville.

2010 CGM L99 2SS/RS - CAI, Elite catch-can, Magnaflow 3", Pfadt springs, BMR LCAs, BMR toelinks, BMR trailing arms, BMR cradle bushings, BMR sway bars w/ endlinks, Vitesse paddles, heritage grille, and an eBay splitter
Old 09-09-2014, 01:36 PM   #6
2Fast4Mu
Nothing is True

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackMan View Post
Hopefully we can get some more people around here to start doing things locally. I drive to Louisville a lot to do things. Speaking of, there's a car show this Sunday at Bob Hook Chevrolet in Louisville - one of the sponsors of the Derby City Camaro Club. Hit me up if you want some more information.
That would be fun. I stopped by Sutherland Chevy in Nicholasville for their show over this past weekend -- but apparently got there 20 min after a small rain....and the lot was empty lol. He said it was a decent turnout but people ran from the rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawSS View Post
If you guys are around Lex. and want to do a lunch at Parkette or something similar, just PM me a day or 2 in advance and I can "pencil you in" and we can BS for a while.
I'm not too far from Parkette. That'd be pretty cool actually. My schedule is pretty flexible. In fact, I was thinking it might be fun to have a Parkette evening if we could get a few of us on the same page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawSS View Post
I used to be pres. of a club for 94-96 Impala SS sedans...we had a pretty decent time. I am interested in a central KY group, even if a satellite of Louisville.
Definitely -- that was kinda my intent when I created this thread....to see if there was enough interest in getting something together here. I've seen a few others folks on the forum with Lex locations, but I'm not sure how active they are. I should probably drop them a line about this thread.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:53 PM   #7
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Here's a flyer for anyone who's interested.

I'd be down for a get together for a meeting at Parkette sometime too. Would be awesome to get a local group going!
Old 09-09-2014, 01:59 PM   #8
2Fast4Mu
Nothing is True

Thanks for the flyer. I may try to make it over there on Sunday....it's a little too early to tell though.

As for Parkette -- if we were to make it an evening some time (so more people could join up), what day of the week would be best? I'd advise against Thursdays. I'm frequently there on Thursdays, but as you probably know, that's bike night in Lexington and the place is packed with bikes and ricers. There's generally no place to park -- though it could be fun to get there early, get good parking, and watch the ricers sweat for our spaces haha....but maybe another time when our numbers increase
Old 09-09-2014, 02:11 PM   #9
ClawSS
High-tech Redneck

Since I live 1hr S. of Lex...I would be just fine with a happy hour meetup on Tues. or Wed. (5-8) or so. That would get me away from work...to a place for food and cars...and home at a decent hour with the car covered in gooey KY bugs.

Tags
bluegrass, lexington