Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HAVOC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 10-06-2009, 06:54 PM   #1
merlin803

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Camaro 2SS RS
Is touch up paint enough?

Passenger opened the door too far and scratched the edge of the door on a fence

There is about a half inch on the edge of the door now where there is no paint....down to the metal.

Will touch up paint be enough or do I need more (primer, buffing...etc)?
merlin803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 04:34 PM   #2
montej23

Drives: 2011 VR Camaro
you will need primer, oem paint and also clear coat try this website they will have what you need if your wanting to touch it up. take before and after pics as well
montej23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 04:34 PM   #3
montej23

Drives: 2011 VR Camaro
http://www.automotivetouchup.com/tou...t_matched.aspx
montej23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 04:56 PM   #4
Wyld Irish

Drives: CGM 2010 SS/RS Manual
I used a touch-up pen from Automotivetouchup and I think it worked great. My Camaro is Cyber Grey Metallic (which most people will tell you is a hard color to match back up) and I had a 1/4 inch scratch in the passenger door. (I suspect the bottom corner of a truck door was "resting" on my passenger door as the other person climbed in)

The scratch was a small upside-down horse shoe that was all the way to the metal. It took about 5 coats of base to fill in the scratch. But if you didn't know where it was ... I don't think it would be easy to find. I'm really happy with the paint match.

I got both the base and the clearcoat from Automotivetouchup.com ran me around $25.00 .. including shipping. They also had the 2010 Camaro in their drop down box on their website ... so it was easy to find what I needed.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:03 PM   #5
merlin803

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyld Irish View Post
I used a touch-up pen from Automotivetouchup and I think it worked great. My Camaro is Cyber Grey Metallic (which most people will tell you is a hard color to match back up) and I had a 1/4 inch scratch in the passenger door. (I suspect the bottom corner of a truck door was "resting" on my passenger door as the other person climbed in)

The scratch was a small upside-down horse shoe that was all the way to the metal. It took about 5 coats of base to fill in the scratch. But if you didn't know where it was ... I don't think it would be easy to find. I'm really happy with the paint match.

I got both the base and the clearcoat from Automotivetouchup.com ran me around $25.00 .. including shipping. They also had the 2010 Camaro in their drop down box on their website ... so it was easy to find what I needed.
I am going the same route as you. Thanks
merlin803 is offline   Reply With Quote