Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Dynomax Exhausts
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

USA - NY / NJ / PA NY, NJ, PA

Old 02-24-2015, 03:08 PM   #1
pyroguy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS ABM
SCPA 2015

Hey fellow SCPA members and those around the South Central PA area that would be interested in getting together to talk Camaros, believe it or not winter is coming to an end one of these days and many of us who have tucked our Camaros away are getting ready to pull them back out again and begin enjoying them for another year. That being said, last year we visited Quaker Steak and Lube in Mechanicsburg and York, PA for monthly meetings. SCPA members/members to be, what would you like to do this year? Would you like to keep the Quaker Steak thing, change to the end of the month Markets at Shrewsbury car show, another monthly car show, or something else? I was thinking, looking at other clubs they have a set meeting place/date/time each month with alternative rain dates typically a following weekend and maybe we should do that too. Thoughts?

**Update**
-1 For Markets at Shrewsbury
+2 For Quaker Steak and Lube

In interest of meeting, lunch, and cruise/car related fun I suggest third Saturday of the month meet up at York Quaker Steak around noon-1, talk misc. Camaro stuff get some lunch then cruise over to a local car show together a few miles from Quaker Steak and check out the local "talent", with the option to participate ($5/car show). There's typically some real nice cars there and some rather rare ones too like a real '66 Yenko Stinger corvair.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #823 of 3903 | Silver Stripes

Last edited by pyroguy; 02-25-2015 at 12:42 PM.
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 10:44 AM   #2
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2012 Silverado LTZ
SEPA5 has a set date for all meetings. It's always the last Sunday of the month. If it rains, ten it would be the next Sunday. We always meet at the same place for an hour or so, then we go do some driving and get some lunch.

I've been at some of your meets and Quaker Steak and Oil is OK with me.
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 11:37 AM   #3
BluePhoenix

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Rally Yellow/Blk
I like the meets we have been doing each month Spring thru fall, will say it should be the same weekend each month too. Like second or third Saturday or Sunday of each month. I know I wouldn't be able to do second Saturdays due to Greyhound meet & greets my wife & I go to with our two Greyhounds.

I give a solid no to making the meets at Markets at Shrewsbury car shows the monthly meet because I probably would never get to make it due to work and if you get there too late at like 6:00-6:30 parking starts to become at a premium, I hated the idea in the fall and I hate that idea now. I would mention a Sonic meet or Rita's meet first as monthly meet first. QSL was ok and would be fine to me.

I'd really like to do a group meet at Codorus when the weather gets nicer. Like in April or very beginning of May.

Last edited by BluePhoenix; 02-25-2015 at 11:54 AM.
BluePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 05:24 PM   #4
BluePhoenix

3rd Saturday of each month at York QSL exactly as you said sounds great to me Pyroguy!

Old 02-26-2015, 05:46 PM   #5
QmaroSS
No regrets the red one!

Drives: 2012 Victory Red 2SS
Hey there guys. I am glad to see pyroguy started a conversation on this. I was just thinking this past weekend that we needed to start a discussion about 2015.

I am still good with the QS&L meets and I am good with moving them to a different week of the month. I especially like the idea of planning them to coincide with a local car show that we can cruise to after we eat. I think that is something that our QS&L meets we're missing last year, this would be very cool.

I like the Markets at Shrewsbury get togethers too, I am looking forward to going again this year.

I have another idea as well for an event but this wouldn't be a recurring event. If anyone is a golfer, I think it would be cool to get some kind of golf outting together as a group.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:23 PM   #6
sscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePhoenix View Post
3rd Saturday of each month at York QSL exactly as you said sounds great to me Pyroguy!
X3
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq Tune by Jeremy Formato.
Old 02-27-2015, 06:03 PM   #7
BluePhoenix

Looks like our first meet of the year will be March 20th! Look forward to seeing you guys then!

Old 02-27-2015, 06:12 PM   #8
pyroguy

Let's see how the roads clear up. We might hold off until April with as much salt is still everywhere as there is.

Old 02-27-2015, 08:21 PM   #9
QmaroSS
No regrets the red one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
Let's see how the roads clear up. We might hold off until April with as much salt is still everywhere as there is.
I agree, I most likely won't get mine out until at least April 1st. For me it is also an insurance thing, I can save a nice chunk of change if I wait until April 1st.
Old 02-27-2015, 08:50 PM   #10
BluePhoenix

Ugh, you guys are lucky you get to store your car's for the winter. Can't blame you guys because I definitely would do it too if I could.

Old 02-28-2015, 10:41 AM   #11
sscamaro

March 20 is a Friday. Is the meet at 10:30 AM?
Old 02-28-2015, 10:56 AM   #12
BluePhoenix

No I meant March 21st. But meets will start in April unless weather gets better by then.

Old 03-01-2015, 12:49 AM   #13
camarorange

Drives: IOM Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by QmaroSS View Post
I have another idea as well for an event but this wouldn't be a recurring event. If anyone is a golfer, I think it would be cool to get some kind of golf outting together as a group.
I have worked with Hershey golf for two years and know the management pretty well. I can talk with them and see if we could work out a deal depending on how many people would want to participate.

Also, I am still ok with QS&L for meets.
camarorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 06:52 PM   #14
QmaroSS
No regrets the red one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarorange View Post
I have worked with Hershey golf for two years and know the management pretty well. I can talk with them and see if we could work out a deal depending on how many people would want to participate.

Also, I am still ok with QS&L for meets.
That's great. Hershey is a nice central location so the SEPA club can be included as well. Once we get more details and even possible event dates we can start a golf outting thread.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:04 PM   #15
pyroguy

Quote:
That's great. Hershey is a nice central location so the SEPA club can be included as well. Once we get more details and even possible event dates we can start a golf outting thread.
I'll admit that I'm no Tiger Woods, but I have fun going and golfing. The outing sounds like a lot of fun! Besides, meeting up with more Camaro enthusiasts would be a lot of fun as well if we get some SEPA members to come too.

Old 03-03-2015, 08:14 AM   #16
DRKS1D3

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible LS3
Saturday April, 18th works for me. My car has been sitting in my garage for months and needs to get out. Which car show is the 3rd Saturday of every month? Is that Stillmeadow Church?
MY RIDE: 2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE (LS3)--K&N TYPHOON INTAKE, FLOWMASTER FORCE II EXHAUST, HYPERTECH MAX ENERGY 93 OCTANE TUNE, HOTCHKIS SUSPENSION, BLACKED OUT BOWTIES, GLOSS BLACK 20x9 STYLE 41 WHEELS, JBA HIGH-FLOW CATS

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 11:29 AM   #17
pyroguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
Which car show is the 3rd Saturday of every month? Is that Stillmeadow Church?
Yep, that's the Stillmeadow show. Not nearly as big as Markets at Shrewsbury, but still some nice cars as well as the possibility for trophies if you participate.

Old 03-03-2015, 04:58 PM   #18
BluePhoenix

I really don't Golf except for Mini golf but maybe this will give me a good excuse to start. I'm down for the car show too, prior to meeting up with you guys last year I really didn't know about a lot of the car shows that go on except the larger ones like Markets @ Shrewsbury & Red Lion Sonic.

Old 03-11-2015, 10:00 PM   #19
z28-conv

Drives: '97 z-28 conv. 2013 BRM ZL1 conv.
Quote:
I agree, I most likely won't get mine out until at least April 1st. For me it is also an insurance thing, I can save a nice chunk of change if I wait until April 1st.
Hello guys. I will try and come up whenever i can like last year. Yes I also do the insurance thing. I save alot of $$ by waiting to April 1 and that is no joke!!
z28-conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 04:29 AM   #20
BluePhoenix

How are you guys getting Insurance discounts for winter hibernation, and who do you use for insurance? Any insurance company I've asked said there is no reduced rates and that in PA cars that are financed must have full coverage at all times, with no reduced rates unless it is listed as a pleasure vehicle driven less than 5k miles a year.

Old 03-13-2015, 01:30 PM   #21
z28-conv

Drives: '97 z-28 conv. 2013 BRM ZL1 conv.
Quote:
How are you guys getting Insurance discounts for winter hibernation, and who do you use for insurance? Any insurance company I've asked said there is no reduced rates and that in PA cars that are financed must have full coverage at all times, with no reduced rates unless it is listed as a pleasure vehicle driven less than 5k miles a year.
Hello BluePhoenix,

First of all I am in Maryland. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I also thought when a car is Financed it needs to be fully insured. So to my surprise when I asked my Car Insurance rep ( State Farm) he said just keep basic comp? ( for fire, theft etc..) if you are not driving it during the winter months, People do that all the time.? Well you didn't have to twist my arm on that one. It has been parked since November. I am itching to drive it as you can imagine. Couple more weeks I think it is costing me about 50$ a month during the off season. Will double starting April 1st.
z28-conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 05:36 PM   #22
BluePhoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28-conv View Post
Hello BluePhoenix,

First of all I am in Maryland. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I also thought when a car is Financed it needs to be fully insured. So to my surprise when I asked my Car Insurance rep ( State Farm) he said just keep basic comp? ( for fire, theft etc..) if you are not driving it during the winter months, People do that all the time.? Well you didn't have to twist my arm on that one. It has been parked since November. I am itching to drive it as you can imagine. Couple more weeks I think it is costing me about 50$ a month during the off season. Will double starting April 1st.
Thanks man for the info. I have Allstate and I asked last year going into winter about it because my car sat parked all winter and I could've used to save a few bucks if I could. They told me it was a no can do in PA and that if I carried anything less I would be breaking PA laws. My relative has the same deal as you and lives in PA. I've just never really gotten around to discussing it with them in depth of how they did it, but they made it sound easy. I'm going to ask my insurance company again and then ask around to other insurance companies if Allstate won't do it.

Old 03-13-2015, 07:25 PM   #23
pyroguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28-conv View Post
It has been parked since November. I am itching to drive it as you can imagine. Couple more weeks
Mine's been parked since November as well and I'm going crazy to drive it too. Especially since I just got my Bo White TB back and installed today! Can't wait to see what this girl will do now!!!

Old 03-13-2015, 08:45 PM   #24
QmaroSS
No regrets the red one!

Quote:
I also have State Farm but here in PA. One of the key things is putting on less than 5k miles a year. I have had my car now for almost 3 years and I only have 6k miles on my car. State Farm calls it a 'suspension credit' and I have too call them when I put it away in the winter and I have to tell them the odometer reading. Then in the spring I have give them the odometer reading again when I already to get it out.

Keep in mind that I am still paying insurance on it during the winter months, which I am sure it amounts to comprehensive. This would cover the car in case something happens like a fire or something else while in the garage, to satisfy the bank.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:32 PM   #25
bigd1276
2012 IBM 2SS/RS

Drives: 2012 Imperial Blue 2SS/RS
I have State Farm also and have been taking it off the road for the past 5 winters. It only costs around $20/month. I also only drive my Camaro around 2,000 miles a year. I have been hassled a bit from the bank as they sometimes run random insurance checks but after a few threatening letters over the winter, spring comes and I put it back on the road.

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM S22 RS
bigd1276 is offline   Reply With Quote