Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 10-07-2009, 06:17 PM   #1
rakman
Rakman

Drives: 2 LT. Red Jewel, Ordered
RED JEWEL COLOR-"Difficult" to KEEP CLEAN

I've had my baby for 2 weeks now and MAN ANYTIME IT RAINS THE CAR LOOKS DIRTY. I have a California CarDuster. Does't help much after a rain. Should it? Anybody feel the same way? Just received my order of Zaino Z-6today. Will this help? Any tips on how to use Z-6? So far spent more time washing the car than drivin it. Love the color, though. Any HELP TIPS from RJT owners would be appreciated!!!!!
rakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:19 PM   #2
scythezo6
Virologist in the making

Drives: 2010 VR SS/RS LS3
You dust your car AFTER it gets rained on...?

Rinse your car with soapy water to loosen up surface dirt, rinse away with clean water, wash, rinse, clay bar using water/soap mix, wash again quickly, wax (follow zaino tips - forum search "Zaino") then be happy.

Never dust a dirty car. Only dust a car thats been recently washed and only has maybe a day's worth of dust on it at the most. More than that, just rewash.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:24 PM   #3
OBSSEST

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS, Black
rakman - if you don't have time for the whole Zaino regiment, you probably just need to get a good polish or wax on there so that you'll get minimal spotting after a rain.

I got my first rain a few days ago, and the car was amazingly okay looking due to the good coat of polish.

I use meguiar's (NXT 2.0 or Gold Class) with a random orbital polisher (Ultimate Detailing Machine).
OBSSEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:34 PM   #4
scythezo6
Virologist in the making

Yea, I've heard some pretty horrific things about how long a zaino treatment can take ON TOP of the washing/claying. I don't have that kinda time so I too use Meguiar's.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:14 PM   #5
Lucky SOB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Really...? Mine seems to stay decently clean after a rain. Much better than my black truck. I would suggest a coat of wax.
Old 10-08-2009, 05:09 PM   #6
djm96z28

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS LS3
I'm not ready to buy a new Camaro yet, but when I am I want to get the RJT. I too was wondering if it showed dirt easily. Of course, after having a black car for 13 years, almost any color will be easier to keep clean.

I know silver won't show much, but it's a little too popular of a color on the Camaro. I want to see ABM in person, but don't know if I really like blue. RJT is probably my favorite.
djm96z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:17 PM   #7
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
Had the RJT since July. It is not as difficult to keep clean as a black car, I've had one of those too. I agree with the good wax job. I used Turtle wax Ice, and Ice car wash. I also use Mequirer's detailer spray often before shows. But the real kicker has been the Zaino CS, it's a clear sealant that you wipe on and walk away, no rubbing. We were in a big rain last week, no spots. The photo with my sig is not altered in any way, see for yourself!
Old 10-08-2009, 05:44 PM   #8
Mason44

Drives: 1999 Hugger Orange Camaro
You just need a good coat of wax on your car so that the water just run off for the most part. As for the dirty look just do a quick wash and wipe down should take care of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scythezo6 View Post
Yea, I've heard some pretty horrific things about how long a zaino treatment can take ON TOP of the washing/claying. I don't have that kinda time so I too use Meguiar's.
The zaino treatment is not hard to do. You just need to get used to it. I can wash with dawn, clay bar, rewash again, and put three coats of wax on my car in three to three and a half hours (not that bad all, besides you only have to do that once every six months. The rest of the time you can wash and then wipe down with Z-6).
Mason44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:18 PM   #9
scythezo6
Virologist in the making

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason44 View Post
The zaino treatment is not hard to do. You just need to get used to it. I can wash with dawn, clay bar, rewash again, and put three coats of wax on my car in three to three and a half hours (not that bad all, besides you only have to do that once every six months. The rest of the time you can wash and then wipe down with Z-6).
Thant's not so bad then. I may look into it more when my car is closer to getting here.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:06 PM   #10
mslone

Drives: 1969 vette & 2010 RS/2SS 6-Spd
I use Griots Garage car care products! Love em!

Get the Best in Show wax... Very good stuff.

http://www.griotsgarage.com

Later.

Get A Custom Poster of Your Car 10% Off with this Code: ( Camaro5-10off ) sales@gearheadsdesign.com
Become a Fan on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Housto...0067059?ref=ts
mslone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:28 PM   #11
fergi

Drives: 2LT Red Jewel
hello,i am feri from texas. I hope to recieve my rjt late nov. have you had any problems with this issue?
fergi is offline   Reply With Quote